• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favourite New Poké Ball Type

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Generation III gave seven new types of Poké Balls, most of which had the same function of Kurt's. We got the Premier Ball, Luxury Ball, Net Ball, Dive Ball, Nest Ball, Repeat Ball and Timer Ball. Which one's design did you like the best? Which had the best animation when used? Which was the most useful to you?

Discuss

Spr_3r_376.png

So brainy~

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Interesting question, let's go ahead and answer:
Design/Animation: Premier Ball. I like how it's completely white, it's simple but yet elegant. The animation had some red "spheres" effect i think, thought that was pretty cool too.

Usefulness: I guess every Pokeball is more useful than others depending on the situation, but i think the one i liked the most was the Timer Ball. This ball was very useful when capturing a legendary took forever, and since legendaries are the hardest pokemon to catch, i was thankful they implemented this Ball.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I think going by design was my Dive Ball, since it's sooo blue and sooo cute. Usefulness? Zorogami already said it, Timer Ball was far more superior than the others especially to catch Latias and Rayquaza.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
In design I like the premier ball. For some reason, I've always loved the look of colors being switched around, that Pokeball is no exception.

As for usefulness... The Timer Ball. I caught LEGENDARIES with that thing. It was great for stronger Pokemon too, when I had weaker Pokemon on my team that is. Just make the battle last as long as you can and it's almost a guaranteed catch.

Years
Both the Premier Ball and the Luxury Ball had nice designs in my opinion. One was very simple (which made it so nice), and the other really lived up to its name of "Luxury."

The Timer and Net Ball were the ones that I found the most effective, though. The Timer Ball was really good when trying to stall while catching Legendary Pokemon, and at least half of the ones I caught in Sapphire were with Timer Balls. Net Balls, on the other hand, are usually meant to use on Bug and Water types, but for some strange reason I had a better success rate using them on all types of Pokemon compared to even Ultra Balls.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
diveball.png
luxuryball.png
premierball.png

Dive, Luxury, and Premier Balls are some of my all time favorites, all of which came about in RSE. <3 I hate that you only get one Luxury Ball in RSE though (I'm sure there is another way, but being able to buy them would have been much more convenient!). I just love the designs, even though they're not particularly the most useful. Not many times you would need the Dive Ball (Relicanth tho??), not many friendship evolutions in RSE either, and Premier Ball is just a prettier Pokeball, and that obviously gets outclasses quickly. But oh well, I'm an aesthetic person so I'd pick these over Ultra Ball. :)

20,000 posts DEAR GOD what is my life

Years
My fave as far as design and animation goes would be the Dive Ball and Premier Ball respectively. The Dive Ball has a nice color scheme too, and I do love how it's good for catching Pokemon on the water. The Luxury Ball was also nice however it sorta sucked that you only get one in the entire game.

As far as usefulness goes, it'd be the Timer Ball since it helps when catching Pokemon that take almost an eternity of turns to catch, like several Legendary Pokemon. And I love its nice clock animation when a Pokemon gets sent out of it too.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
My favorite design was the Nest ball cause it looks pretty to me. the most useful one I found was the Repeat ball because I caught a lot of doubles of each pokemon for a live dex in my PC.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
diveball.png
luxuryball.png
premierball.png

Dive, Luxury, and Premier Balls are some of my all time favorites, all of which came about in RSE. <3 I hate that you only get one Luxury Ball in RSE though (I'm sure there is another way, but being able to buy them would have been much more convenient!). I just love the designs, even though they're not particularly the most useful. Not many times you would need the Dive Ball (Relicanth tho??), not many friendship evolutions in RSE either, and Premier Ball is just a prettier Pokeball, and that obviously gets outclasses quickly. But oh well, I'm an aesthetic person so I'd pick these over Ultra Ball. :)

20,000 posts DEAR GOD what is my life

You can get more Luxury balls by beating a Master Rank contest with a Pokémon that already has got the ribbon.

I like all the same ones as Syd. I found the Repeat Ball pretty useful as well, especially after I finished the PokéDex.

Back