• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Was Team Rocket more bad-a**in kanto or unova or different region ?

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Ah Team Rocket. Jesse, James, and Meowth were the true heroes of Pokemon, constantly going up against impossible odds for acceptance from their peers. Way back when Team Rocket were THE reason to watch Pokemon, they were the ones who had character development and learned lessons. Yet, after everything they go through you just WANT to see them win. The fact those three continued to be so influential where other villains came and went should show you how well the Underdog status goes for on both sides of good and evil.

Dragooncroft

Tomb Raider
Years
Well, to be honest, they were the reason he won many of his badges in Kanto. It's because they kept causing problems, and in pursuit of helping defeat them and "saving the gym", he earns the badge.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Well, I'm kind off happy that they're actually able to almost get their plans right but I still wish that they all for once are actually being able to catch Pikachu and get away with it for like 1-3 episodes. I would like to see what happens and what Team Rocket actually would do with Pikachu but I still miss the old Team Rocket from Kanto - Hoenn. In other words, I want them to win for once, I'm just getting a bit annoyed by Ashe and that he always wins, even if he is one of the main characters.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
The new Team Rocket has more definition. They're more stylish, planning and secretive. They're more like agents of an evil company than the usual bad guys. In fact, they ruin their own definition of fun. So because of nostalgia, and because the old Team Rocket motto was way more epic, I'll vote Kanto.

LHT

I do pokemon sprites sometimes
Years
I liked the dark Team Rocket in the beginning, but I prefer more of a balance between the comic side and the dark side of them, like in the beginning of Kanto for example.
I seriously hate that they are coming back to their comic side though.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I think they've found the right level of badass for the TRio in Episode N. They're getting back to their old selves, but they're actually a decent threat to Satoshi-tachi. I mean we all know Satoshi's going to win, right, and the TRio might get blasted off- but maybe not! who knows! And it's still a struggle for Satoshi-tachi to come out victorious! And their plans are new and improved and different! I'm really enjoying their current approach. And hopefully we'll get more TRio side-plots as things go on. :D They must be doing other things besides follow Satoshi around. Other interesting things, even. And being competent and establishing Rocket control in Isshu and getting in Plasma's way and actually I'm really hoping they get to do even more cool things as Episode N goes on.

Er, so, yeah. The TRio are at a very good stage of badass right now. I hope it will be expanded upon.

Years
I like the trio from Team Rocket in Mewtwo Strikes Back, especially during the Viking part xD

I haven't watched the Unova season so I have no idea about that part :P

The trio is more amusing than anything though :) Not sure about Team Rocket itself. Probably the most brutal during Kanto episodes...

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I love that Team Rocket is not in every episode anymore. That bit annoyed me to no end during the first decade or so of episodes. I enjoy the anime so much more because less of it is filled with "Rocket Filler." And when Jesse, James, and Meowth do appear, their roles are much more part of the story.

The only criticism I have is that it happened so suddenly. They went from whimsical "we're blasting off again!" villains to the darker style that they seem to have now, in just one episode. xD

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
^ This.

But anyway, Team Rocket did get more BA in Unova. They were in the show less and thus became more BA. They were kind of pathetic in Kanto, Jotho, Hoenn and Sinnoh but not in Unova. Sad news is they are goofy again. They weren't BA for long.

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
Kanto they were okay. Johto they weren't that good. Hoenn and Sinnoh they were abysmal. However, the group's antics in the earlier part of Unova definitely was good.

Back