• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Which Version Will You Get?

Which Version Will You Choose?

• Pokémon X

Votes: 85 36.8%
  • Pokémon Y

Votes: 92 39.8%
  • Both

Votes: 50 21.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Most people see it poinless to get two games but ever sence i can remember ive always had both versions pre orderd. So im gonna continue to do so

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I'm going to preorder and eventually get the two games. One of them I'll play until I pass the Elite 4 (and hopefully migrate Pokemon from the 5th gen - to trade). Other game play with a different team.

Since I never delete my old data, I just buy another copy of the game and play it with a different team. By end of this decade I might end up having 8-copies of each game. X & Y will be the same, once I start the game, I won't delete data/saved game I'll buy a new one.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I should get a part-time job, so I can get both X and Y. Personally, I want Y because the legendary is a demonic Lugia, 'nuff said. However I want to get X as well, in case there are kickass pokemon you can only evolve by trading, or if there are pokemon exclusives. (White had Reuniclus, Braviary and Zekrom. Black had *shudders* Gothitelle, *shudders* Mandibuzz and Reshiram).

Also, I want to try both Xerneas and Yveltal, see which one I like more.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
What's wrong with Gothitelle? A Pokémon designed around Misa Amane (head canon here) is awesome.

And I like Mandibuzz as well. I prefer Braviary but Mandibuzz is a nice Pokémon as well, learns lots of cool moves, and does a very good job at walling things.

I got Black because of the non-Unova exclusives, which I liked more (Weedle, Houndour, Murkrow and Shroomish), and of course Reshiram.

Now I was planning on getting Y but usually the "first" version (in this case X) has better Pokémon... Tough choice.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
I only ever get one version, and I'll be getting X. I much prefer Xerneas and even though it's got nothing to do with it and makes no sense I'm a girl and lean towards the X (XX over XY..) more.

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
This is by far the toughest choice for a game. When I first saw Reshiram I knew I was going to get Black. This is the first time I actually have to think about it.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
An easy choice for me. :) I love Yvertal, so I'll definitely be buying Pokemon Y. :D

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
I used to be all for Yvaltal, but Xerneas has starting to grow on me. I will get both eventually, like I always do. I just don't get them at the same time.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
I voted X on the poll by accident, I was supposed to choose Y. Anyways, I'm going for Y since the legendary looks pretty awesome compared to a giant deer.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 24, 2017
I got both games in fourth and fifth gen so I'll be doing the same for this one.

Ducklighter

Throw caution to the wind.
Years
Right now I'm learning more towards X because of the design of Xerneas but I won't know for certain until the specs are released, assuming they're released beforehand.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Y. I like Yveltal, my gender fits the Y chromosome, and I'm tall - so I fit the Y axis more than the X axis.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Whichever one has the X-looking deer. Assuming it's X. Also fits nicely since X is the female chromosome.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I guess I'll get X. . I just love the mascot for Pokemon X which is Xerneas. But I may change my mind once we get more info about the version differences. Yveltal is awesome looking as well so if Pokemon Y looks better then I might change my mind.

Cassiopeiia

Floating
Years
Based on what we've seen so far I'll be getting X, Xerneas just looks so calm and majestetic, perfect. Then probably "Z", or whatever it might be called, when that comes out.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I swear I already answered this question back when the games were first announced. ovo'

I'll probably be getting the game that features Xerneas. It's my favourite of the legendaries (blue being my favourite colour and all that).
Although I'll wait for more information on the Version Exclusives (including areas), I doubt it'll really change my oppinion on what game to get.

Back