• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2nd Gen How would you name your mother?

tnfsf11

Oh lol jk that's really inappropriate :P I would call her mummy (like a miss-spell of mommy but has a meaning) that would be freaky :D

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I would probably just name her Mom or Mommy or some kind of silly nickname. When I was little, I called my mom MomMoo so I probably would have named her that when I first started playing Pokemon.

My question is... Why are there no dads in any of the games?

Cavalreaper

Pokemon Breeder
Years
I would probably just name her Mom or Mommy or some kind of silly nickname. When I was little, I called my mom MomMoo so I probably would have named her that when I first started playing Pokemon.

My question is... Why are there no dads in any of the games?

There's always Norman in R/S/G, right? He's the only dad that comes to mind.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I think I would name her my mom's name , or Celeste , or just mom. Or maybe Delia like Ash's mom in the anime. Though the idea of naming your mom in the game seems sort of odd to me.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Cassandra, after my IRL mother. I always like to the play the role of the character in any game that gives me the chance to name characters. So every Trainer I've played with, Generation 1 to 5, I've always, always named Tim.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
I would have just named her Mom. I never call my Mom by her first name, it would be weird to me.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I address my mother as "Mum", so naturally it would have carried over to the name of my mother in these games. It would feel strange to me if I saw my mother's actual name on the screen when addressing her, after all.

Years
  • Seen Dec 15, 2013
And you do end up feeling more connected to the characters, especially if you name them after your own friends and family.
Really now? I feel disconnected unless the characters have some sort of canonical state, and that goes for names.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Slavedriver

Eh, I'm gonna go with the flow and say either 'Mom' or her real name. I can't really imagine giving my in-game mom any other name (unless it's linked to someone in the anime), and it's not quite the same as giving your rival a name. And as mentioned, there's not really any context wherein giving her another name would really matter, as the only time her name appears is during calls and when talking directly to her :p

JawDane

Here for the Nostalgia
Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2013
I would name her my real mum's name. As I would always name my character my name. Just seemed to make sense.

Back