ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread

Old March 31st, 2013 (3:15 PM). Edited March 31st, 2013 by Golden Warrior.
Pokemon Professor

Nature: Adamant
    A few simple questions that I couldn't find the answers too anywhere:

Where is Prof. Birch's trainer sprite offset in UNZL? (Or Tile Molester)

Where is the Team Aqua offset in UNZL? (Again, or Tile Molester)

Those are both for Sapphire, thanks in advance.

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
    I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
    Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.

Relevant Advertising!

Old March 31st, 2013 (3:32 PM).
    Suuuper Busy
    • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
    I decided to move on to another map.The basement thing is minor enough to be dealt with later. This time, I'm editing map 1.2 (May's house, first floor) Nothing fancy, just fancying it up a bit and redoing the construction to have it resemble map 1.0 (Brenden's house, that one I expanded to make room for the basement).

I'm having problems with expanding the map though. When I expand it's dimensions, the map crashes upon attempting to enter it. I tried it again step by step, and strangely, it allowed me to expand it by one more line. Anything more than that, and it will crash. Why does this happen? Brenden's house didn't suffer when I expanded it's dimensions from 11 width to 17 width, why is May's giving me trouble when I tried the same thing? The only other difference between them was that I changed the tileset in May's house, but nothing went wrong from that.

Pics below: Brenden's functioning house, May's crashing house, and May's currently compatible house
    Attached Images
    File Type: png original.png‎ (5.3 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)
    File Type: png wanted.png‎ (5.8 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)
    File Type: png have.png‎ (3.3 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)
    Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
    Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

Hacks I've worked on in the past:
    Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
    Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
    Times I've ninja'd people: 3
    Old March 31st, 2013 (3:33 PM).

what's the best tutorial to edit music using sappy? or maybe another program?
      Old March 31st, 2013 (3:44 PM).
      (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
      • Gold Tier

Hey guys! Based on what karatekid552 and robin22gongon were talking about, I made a short video on it. With your guys' permission, I could create a tutorial for everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h98OV4W1ZsU

Support me at my site!
      Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
      Old March 31st, 2013 (5:16 PM). Edited March 31st, 2013 by karatekid552.
      What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
        Does anyone know of any non-ASM ways to skip the introduction sequence, and go straight to naming the hero?
        No, but knizz made it real simple to do in a hex editor. Check out the last page of R&D.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by HyperXhydra View Post
        what's the best tutorial to edit music using sappy? or maybe another program?
        Editing Music is not my forte, but Sappy is (as far as I know) the best way to insert. However, midi files will need to be created externally using your personally favorite music editor.

Team_Fail has a really good music tutorial. Hit that up.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
        I decided to move on to another map.The basement thing is minor enough to be dealt with later. This time, I'm editing map 1.2 (May's house, first floor) Nothing fancy, just fancying it up a bit and redoing the construction to have it resemble map 1.0 (Brenden's house, that one I expanded to make room for the basement).

I'm having problems with expanding the map though. When I expand it's dimensions, the map crashes upon attempting to enter it. I tried it again step by step, and strangely, it allowed me to expand it by one more line. Anything more than that, and it will crash. Why does this happen? Brenden's house didn't suffer when I expanded it's dimensions from 11 width to 17 width, why is May's giving me trouble when I tried the same thing? The only other difference between them was that I changed the tileset in May's house, but nothing went wrong from that.

Pics below: Brenden's functioning house, May's crashing house, and May's currently compatible house
        I have encountered this problem before. I have found that the game does not allow expansion of the main houses for some reason. Why not just create a new map bank with new maps and then change the warps? That seems like the best option.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Golden Warrior View Post
        A few simple questions that I couldn't find the answers too anywhere:

Where is Prof. Birch's trainer sprite offset in UNZL? (Or Tile Molester)

Where is the Team Aqua offset in UNZL? (Again, or Tile Molester)

Those are both for Sapphire, thanks in advance.
        They are just after the pokemon. Hover your mouse over the next image button and then hold "enter" down. This will be a fast way of getting through all of the images until you get into the trainer section which, as I said, is just after the pokemon.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
        Hey guys! Based on what karatekid552 and robin22gongon were talking about, I made a short video on it. With your guys' permission, I could create a tutorial for everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h98OV4W1ZsU
        Feel free to make a tutorial. I would, but I barely have enough time to answer questions. PM it to me before you post it; I just want to take a look:p. Good luck!

Quote:
        Found it. Deleting it didn't seem to have any kind of effect though.
        Send me a copy of your rom (patch) and I will take a look at it when I get the chance. I kind of want to play with this a bit.

You guys wouldn't believe how hard it was to answer these without the regular usernames:p

Paired with Simba
        Old March 31st, 2013 (5:59 PM).
        Suuuper Busy
        • Crystal Tier

All right, here's the patch for my hack of Pokemon Sapphire, the one with the customizable basement. As you can see, I've also been busy with other (un)finished maps before I'm going to start scripting, so bear with the weirdness in the beginning. Just go with it 'till you're free to roam. You'll want to use the decoration cheats here: http://www.supercheats.com/gameboyadvance/pokemon-sapphire/8692/Gameshark-Cheats-VBA-Cheats/
        Attached Files
        File Type: ips Basement Test.ips‎ (39.4 KB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)
        Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
        Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

Old March 31st, 2013 (10:19 PM).
        Dark Energy is back in action! ;)

Nature: Relaxed
          Excuse me for the possible selection of wrong category but, does anyone know how I can script with AdvanceMap?

Thanks in advance!

-Variable

Fixing bugs in a ROM hack
          CP of encountered pokemon in GO

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
          -The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
          Old April 1st, 2013 (1:09 AM). Edited April 1st, 2013 by miksy91.
          Dark Energy is back in action! ;)

Nature: Relaxed
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by miksy91
            Excuse me for the possible selection of wrong category but, does anyone know how I can script with AdvanceMap?

Thanks in advance!

-Variable
            First you need XSE. Open A-Map. Choose Settings>Choose Script Editor then find XSE. When a dialog box opens, choose no. Open your Rom. Start scripting. If you don't know XSE scripting language, hit diegoisawesome's XSE Tut. And if this is an April fools joke, this is so not fun. Remember, you even tried to answer my question.
            Yeah, my bad.
            I actually tried deleting the message, but they didn't allow to do that.
            Most likely something to do with all the other "messed up" interface.

That "sort of" was mean to be funny, being explained in bad grammar like that. But I know, should have planned it more carefully to fit in the theme.
            There is actually a joke (and a good one) behind that, "Excuse me for selection of...", but most people around here don't know what it's referring to so yeah...

Fixing bugs in a ROM hack
            CP of encountered pokemon in GO

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
            -The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
            Old April 1st, 2013 (6:34 AM).

Hey how do I stop the screen/map from going black when warping? (New Maps)
              Old April 1st, 2013 (6:51 AM).

Nature: Quirky
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Crykura View Post
                Hey how do I stop the screen/map from going black when warping? (New Maps)
                Can you elaborate your question? What black? SS?

Old April 1st, 2013 (6:54 AM).

Quote:
                  Can you elaborate your question? What black? SS?
                  Well when I enter a warp that goes to a new warp that I set up the screen goes black but when i point the warp to one pre made it works.
                  Old April 1st, 2013 (7:03 AM).

Quote:
                    Well when I enter a warp that goes to a new warp that I set up the screen goes black but when i point the warp to one pre made it works.
                    Have you checked if;
                    X and Y Positions are right?
                    Warp No. to warp to is right?

If you still have problems, PM me the file and tell me which maps error.

Old April 1st, 2013 (7:56 AM).
                    Beginning Hacker

Hello, I have e small problem regarding tiles. They are all default, I did not mess around with tile editing yet, I'm not a very good painter

I changed the weather in one of my maps to "Sunny with clouds in water". It does what it says, there are clouds in the water. BUT these clouds are also reflected by some other tiles, namely flowers, bushes , parts of houses and so on.

I checked the Block Editor, and it seems to have nothing to do with the behaviour byte, they all have different ones, and some are the same as grass, and grass does not reflect the colouds.

Anyone had this problem before?
                      Thanks for all answers,

Reygok

PS: I'm working with A-Map, in case someone did not notice.
                      Old April 1st, 2013 (9:19 AM).
                      • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Reygok View Post
                      Hello, I have e small problem regarding tiles. They are all default, I did not mess around with tile editing yet, I'm not a very good painter :P

I changed the weather in one of my maps to "Sunny with clouds in water". It does what it says, there are clouds in the water. BUT these clouds are also reflected by some other tiles, namely flowers, bushes , parts of houses and so on.

I checked the Block Editor, and it seems to have nothing to do with the behaviour byte, they all have different ones, and some are the same as grass, and grass does not reflect the colouds.

Anyone had this problem before?
                      Thanks for all answers,

Reygok

PS: I'm working with A-Map, in case someone did not notice.
                      It's just a glitchy weather type. It was leftover from RSE, and it wasn't fully implemented by Game Freak in FireRed/LeafGreen.

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                      Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                      Old April 1st, 2013 (12:37 PM).
                      Pokemon Professor

Nature: Adamant
                        Hrm. I phrased my questions wrong it seems, let me try again.

Where can I find the Team Aqua pre-battle logo that shows up? I can't find it in UNZL.GBA so I can assume it's in Tile Molester.

Professor Birch isn't in UNZL.GBA either, so where can I find him in Tile Molester?

Again, both for Sapphire, thanks in advance.

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
                        I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
                        Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.
                        Old April 1st, 2013 (2:46 PM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Golden Warrior View Post
                          Hrm. I phrased my questions wrong it seems, let me try again.

Where can I find the Team Aqua pre-battle logo that shows up? I can't find it in UNZL.GBA so I can assume it's in Tile Molester.

Professor Birch isn't in UNZL.GBA either, so where can I find him in Tile Molester?

Again, both for Sapphire, thanks in advance.
                          I don't know about the Team Aqua Logo but you know NSE 2.X? If not Google it.
                          Prof. Birch Sprite in Ruby is 39DA00 just uncheck "LZ77 Compressed" checkbox in the NAVIGATE Section. I think it is the same with Sapphire but, why hack Sapphire? There are so lot of resources for Ruby and opposite for Sapphire.

Old April 1st, 2013 (3:50 PM). Edited April 1st, 2013 by karatekid552.
                          What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
                            Quote:
                            There is a good chance you map is corrupted. Try inserting it into another map bank/slot and then try again.

Quote:
                            All right, here's the patch for my hack of Pokemon Sapphire, the one with the customizable basement. As you can see, I've also been busy with other (un)finished maps before I'm going to start scripting, so bear with the weirdness in the beginning. Just go with it 'till you're free to roam. You'll want to use the decoration cheats here: http://www.supercheats.com/gameboyadvance/pokemon-sapphire/8692/Gameshark-Cheats-VBA-Cheats/
                            I was planning on just using my save file:p. Either way, I will try and give it a look right now.

Edit: So, I am playing with this and I have no idea what it wrong. My best guess, since no matter how much I play with the tiles, is that you forced a secret base open and you are missing the command which allows decorations that use tiles. What I mean, is when I changed the outside staircase, not the one in the basement, into the secret base hole thing that you use secret power on, and then I pack up the base, it doesn't close. I can still enter the base as if I made one, even after I packed it up. I believe it is the initial script which opens the base in the first place that is preventing the decorations from being placed properly.

Edit2: the script which opens a secret base in Sapphire is located at 0x1A2BE1. It uses a lot of specials which we have no clue what they do. Take a look at it.

Paired with Simba
                            Old April 1st, 2013 (5:56 PM). Edited April 1st, 2013 by BlackWhiteRobin.

Okay so I tried to do Jambo51's Overworld Rival Naming ASM Hack. It's about this paragraph he posted:
                              Quote:
                              Explanation: It's what it says on the tin, it lets you name your rival from the in game overworld, allowing for Silver like naming, or indeed, any other possibility you can come up with. The rivalname: .word 0x08FFFFFF is for if the player leaves the name box blank. It will fill it with a standard name instead. This standard name is up to you to create. Simply compile a name with XSE, and point that pointer to it.
                              Now here's the question, how do I compile the names? At what format?

Another question! Is there a way to make a force egg hatching script without glitches?

Old April 1st, 2013 (6:36 PM).
                              Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
                                Quote:
                                Okay so I tried to do Jambo51's Overworld Rival Naming ASM Hack. It's about this paragraph he posted:

Now here's the question, how do I compile the names? At what format?
                                What do you mean format?

Ok, first open XSE then load your rom. And make a script that would look something like this.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @1
                                = Gary

Compile it and take note of the offset and that should be the compiled string.
                                Old April 1st, 2013 (6:54 PM). Edited April 1st, 2013 by BlackWhiteRobin.

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
                                  What do you mean format?

Ok, first open XSE then load your rom. And make a script that would look something like this.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @1
                                  = Gary

Compile it and take note of the offset and that should be the compiled string.
                                  Oh okay! What about this one?
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by robin22gongon
                                  Another question! Is there a way to make a force egg hatching script without glitches?
                                  And another one, would it be possible to port the R/S/E Pokedex to FR? Just the appearance and functions not the main Pokedex content. I'm curious since I discovered that the Ruins of Alph was ported to FR so I thought it would be possible to do the same with a Pokedex.

Old April 2nd, 2013 (1:36 AM).
                                  • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                                  Oh okay! What about this one?

And another one, would it be possible to port the R/S/E Pokedex to FR? Just the appearance and functions not the main Pokedex content. I'm curious since I discovered that the Ruins of Alph was ported to FR so I thought it would be possible to do the same with a Pokedex.
                                  special 0xc2 hatches an egg in your party, and hatches it to the Pokémon in the slot defined by the variable 0x8004. This special affects non-eggs too: it will reset them to level 5, make them have no evs, and changes the met location.

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                                  Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                                  Old April 2nd, 2013 (2:22 AM).
                                  Suuuper Busy
                                  • Crystal Tier

Hmm, it seems that no matter what map I use, giving any map the tilesets of 14(1), 45(2), and dimensions of 17 width and 9 height will always make that map crash. It isn't just May's house, it seems anything I try it with crashes.

Old April 2nd, 2013 (2:38 AM).
                                  hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!

Nature: Bashful
                                    Quote:
                                    Hmm, it seems that no matter what map I use, giving any map the tilesets of 14(1), 45(2), and dimensions of 17 width and 9 height will always make that map crash. It isn't just May's house, it seems anything I try it with crashes.
                                    That is strange... But any other dimension works fine? Just make the width one more and see what happens, as then you can just leave the extra space blank, but it shouldn't be happening anyway...

Temmie vibrates intensely.

awwAwa cute!! (pets u)

OMG!! humans TOO CUTE (dies)

can't blame a BARK for tryin'...

RATED TEM OUTTA TEM.

Old April 2nd, 2013 (3:18 AM).
                                    Suuuper Busy
                                    • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post
                                    That is strange... But any other dimension works fine? Just make the width one more and see what happens, as then you can just leave the extra space blank, but it shouldn't be happening anyway...
                                    Good point. I tested that tileset on a large map that I no longer use, and began to shrink it. It still worked with a dimension of 20 width and 10 height. Then it crashed when I tried to give it 17 width and 9 height. So I can still have a bigger map. As long as it looks the same, there won't be a difference. I'm just curious as to why that specific tileset crashes on certain dimensions. It's not even a size issue, it still works with larger dimensions! Anyone else tried this?

Old April 2nd, 2013 (3:21 AM).
                                    Banjora Marxvile Banjora Marxvile is offline
                                    hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!

Nature: Bashful
                                      Quote:
                                      Good point. I tested that tileset on a large map that I no longer use, and began to shrink it. It still worked with a dimension of 20 width and 10 height. Then it crashed when I tried to give it 17 width and 9 height. So I can still have a bigger map. As long as it looks the same, there won't be a difference. I'm just curious as to why that specific tileset crashes on certain dimensions. It's not even a size issue, it still works with larger dimensions! Anyone else tried this?
                                      All the ROM's I used I remember never crashed for May's Room and the like at the default dimension (assuming by default it is 17x9), so it could be the ROM I guess, or something you did. Though, it is strange...

Temmie vibrates intensely.

awwAwa cute!! (pets u)

OMG!! humans TOO CUTE (dies)

can't blame a BARK for tryin'...

RATED TEM OUTTA TEM.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply