Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore the first 3D Pokémon region while putting a stop to Team Flare. Then, revisit the Hoenn region with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #3676    
Old April 2nd, 2013 (8:49 PM).
Echidna's Avatar
Echidna Echidna is offline
i don't care what's in your hair
  • Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Illinois
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 2,082
Idk if you guys have seen this, but Team Fail showed me this video yesterday. This is probably an AF Prank but it looks cool, also be warned, possible(yet very unlikely) spoilers:
Spoiler:
__________________
but my taste in music is your face

Relevant Advertising!

  #3677    
Old April 2nd, 2013 (11:24 PM). Edited April 2nd, 2013 by Treecko.
Treecko's Avatar
Treecko Treecko is offline
im back
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St.Louis,Missouri
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 5,768
Hey so this has been floating around the internet and is considered a new form for Mewtwo.

Spoiler:


Not confirmed as a real thing, but Serebii has posted it to their website. Looks photoshopped though.

Please not be real. Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real. Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDRO12 View Post
Idk if you guys have seen this, but Team Fail showed me this video yesterday. This is probably an AF Prank but it looks cool, also be warned, possible(yet very unlikely) spoilers:
Spoiler:
Kind of cute. Though it looks pretty fake to me. I'd love if it's real though.

Edit: oh wait it say April Fools in the title.
__________________
im back
  #3678    
Old April 2nd, 2013 (11:45 PM).
Forever's Avatar
Forever Forever is offline
  • Moderator
  • Crystal Tier
  • EOEvent Organizer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Queensland
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Posts: 35,664
The fact that Serebii posted it means he must be somewhat sure that it'll be confirmed real, but idk. It just looks ugly and if Mewtwo would get a better forme it wouldn't look like that... ? ;_;
  #3679    
Old April 3rd, 2013 (12:15 AM).
Treecko's Avatar
Treecko Treecko is offline
im back
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St.Louis,Missouri
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 5,768
Yeah that thing's hideous. Some people say it's a photoshopped version of this poster.
Spoiler:


And it really does to me. I think if they were to introduce a new forme for Mewtwo, they wouldn't just use the same poster they made before but slightly edited would they? I think they would make an entirely new poster right?

Also I don;t want a new form. Mewtwo's great the way it is so you shouldn't fix what's not broken. I don't get why every legendary Pokemon needs a new form nowadays.
__________________
im back
  #3680    
Old April 3rd, 2013 (12:18 AM).
Forever's Avatar
Forever Forever is offline
  • Moderator
  • Crystal Tier
  • EOEvent Organizer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Queensland
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Posts: 35,664
Oh hey that really does look Photoshopped. The fact that it's so close to that poster makes me not believe it at all, really. Here's hoping fake? :/
  #3681    
Old April 3rd, 2013 (12:22 AM).
SolarAbusoru's Avatar
SolarAbusoru SolarAbusoru is offline
Go Go PokéRangers
     
    Join Date: Sep 2009
    Location: Lumios City
    Age: 24
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Adamant
    Posts: 940
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    The fact that Serebii posted it means he must be somewhat sure that it'll be confirmed real, but idk. It just looks ugly and if Mewtwo would get a better forme it wouldn't look like that... ? ;_;
    Serebii have said there is absolutely no confirmation of this being real.

    Also, I have noticed some inconsistencies between Mewtwo in both pictures

    1: His "Headband" in the right picture, it doesn't even connect to his head properly.
    2: His neck is drawn rather shoddily, it looks fine on the left, but in the picture on the right, it's drawn in a way that makes his lower jaw look as flat as a pancake.
    3: His hip pauldron, on the left it's smooth and round, on the right it has a section that juts out.
    4: Posters in Japanese magazines, do not have a massive blank white border, they always fill every bit of space up.
    Also to note is that the artist tried to mask the inconsistencies by crumpling up the paper but if anything this just makes them stand out way more, it doesn't look professional at all.
    And finally, it's way too early for CoroCoro, heck the magazine shouldn't even be finished yet.
    __________________

    Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
    Signature Pokémon: Luxray
      #3682    
    Old April 3rd, 2013 (12:31 AM).
    Forever's Avatar
    Forever Forever is offline
    • Moderator
    • Crystal Tier
    • EOEvent Organizer
     
    Join Date: Nov 2005
    Location: Queensland
    Age: 25
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Bold
    Posts: 35,664
    He didn't say it was confirmed but the fact is he normally leaves uncomfirmed stuff off the site for the most part, really.

    Good analysis though! Hoping it's fake anyway. :3
      #3683    
    Old April 3rd, 2013 (2:44 AM).
    colours's Avatar
    colours colours is online now
    LOSTinmyMIND
    • Moderator
    • Platinum Tier
    • GTGet-Together Event Management
     
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 30,211
    That thing...wait...what....x_x;;

    ...That head...is unbelievably just.....weird....
    __________________

    If this night is not forever
    At least we are together
    I know I'm not alone
    I know I'm not alone
      #3684    
    Old April 3rd, 2013 (2:50 AM).
    Sabrewulf238's Avatar
    Sabrewulf238 Sabrewulf238 is offline
       
      Join Date: May 2008
      Age: 26
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 2,257
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Forever View Post
      He didn't say it was confirmed but the fact is he normally leaves uncomfirmed stuff off the site for the most part, really.

      Good analysis though! Hoping it's fake anyway. :3
      He's also still human. It could be a slip up.

      That's one big negative to Serebii, since he has a reputation for not posting fakes. If he makes a mistake people will still follow him like sheep.

      The new mewtwo form looks like something from dragonball z.
      __________________
      Looking for X & Y friends, friend code is: 2964-8571-0102
      Send me a pm if you add me.
        #3685    
      Old April 3rd, 2013 (2:54 AM).
      colours's Avatar
      colours colours is online now
      LOSTinmyMIND
      • Moderator
      • Platinum Tier
      • GTGet-Together Event Management
       
      Join Date: Apr 2005
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 30,211
      Man, if this is a photoshopped version of Mewtwo's new form, I can't wait to see/hear about what Mew's new form would look like...
      __________________

      If this night is not forever
      At least we are together
      I know I'm not alone
      I know I'm not alone
        #3686    
      Old April 3rd, 2013 (3:01 AM).
      Mujahid's Avatar
      Mujahid Mujahid is offline
      Sir Froakie is impressed.
         
        Join Date: Feb 2010
        Location: India
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 607
        What in the world is that thing ? That looks hideous. I really hope it's fake. Damn, it'll completely ruin mewtwo for me.
        __________________
          #3687    
        Old April 3rd, 2013 (3:10 AM).
        Guy Guy is offline
        just a guy
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Sep 2008
        Location: Florida
        Age: 25
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 7,190
        Gosh, that things is hideous. D:

        I know there's been some speculation around the internet about Mewtwo getting a new form for the movie, but please, not anything like that. What's coming out from behind his head? That looks so weird.

        Given how it has been going around for a few hours now, I would have hoped someone would have come up and claimed it as a fake or something. Still time, I suppose.
          #3688    
        Old April 3rd, 2013 (3:13 AM).
        colours's Avatar
        colours colours is online now
        LOSTinmyMIND
        • Moderator
        • Platinum Tier
        • GTGet-Together Event Management
         
        Join Date: Apr 2005
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 30,211
        The thing is, why would Mewtwo even need a new form? It's kind of one of those legendaries that are super powerful enough to live without one, so I don't really see it as necessary for it to have one. That being said though, where's Mew's role in all of this? I find it extremely odd that, if it's true that Mewtwo were to be given a new form, that Mew doesn't, so not a lot of things are adding up here.

        I'm calling a fib on this one, really.
        __________________

        If this night is not forever
        At least we are together
        I know I'm not alone
        I know I'm not alone
          #3689    
        Old April 3rd, 2013 (3:17 AM).
        Sabrewulf238's Avatar
        Sabrewulf238 Sabrewulf238 is offline
           
          Join Date: May 2008
          Age: 26
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Jolly
          Posts: 2,257
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
          The thing is, why would Mewtwo even need a new form? It's kind of one of those legendaries that are super powerful enough to live without one, so I don't really see it as necessary for it to have one. That being said though, where's Mew's role in all of this? I find it extremely odd that, if it's true that Mewtwo were to be given a new form, that Mew doesn't, so not a lot of things are adding up here.

          I'm calling a fib on this one, really.
          Do any legendary really need new forms though?

          I always figured new forms was just a way to increase hype.
          __________________
          Looking for X & Y friends, friend code is: 2964-8571-0102
          Send me a pm if you add me.
            #3690    
          Old April 3rd, 2013 (3:23 AM).
          colours's Avatar
          colours colours is online now
          LOSTinmyMIND
          • Moderator
          • Platinum Tier
          • GTGet-Together Event Management
           
          Join Date: Apr 2005
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Quiet
          Posts: 30,211
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
          Do any legendary really need new forms though?

          I always figured new forms was just a way to increase hype.
          I can actually understand a few. There were a few that needed it (like Shaymin, for example, and perhaps Giratina just for the sake of story and background purposes, I suppose. At least there was some sort of story surrounding it, in the form of a movie). And there were a few that kind of didn't need it (Kami trio, really, along with Keldeo to some sort of extent?). So ultimately, I can see why the whole concept would be used to create hype.

          But hype is really the only reason why this image of a deformed Mewtwo is even floating around the internet, nothing more.
          __________________

          If this night is not forever
          At least we are together
          I know I'm not alone
          I know I'm not alone
            #3691    
          Old April 3rd, 2013 (3:29 AM).
          Guy Guy is offline
          just a guy
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Sep 2008
          Location: Florida
          Age: 25
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 7,190
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
          The thing is, why would Mewtwo even need a new form? It's kind of one of those legendaries that are super powerful enough to live without one, so I don't really see it as necessary for it to have one. That being said though, where's Mew's role in all of this? I find it extremely odd that, if it's true that Mewtwo were to be given a new form, that Mew doesn't, so not a lot of things are adding up here.

          I'm calling a fib on this one, really.
          Why does any Pokémon need a new form?

          While I agree, Mewtwo certainly doesn't need some new form, it doesn't give GameFreak a good enough reason not to do it. I just have to believe that if they were to do so, they would do something a whole lot better than that... thing.

          Mew doesn't necessarily have to have its own form either if Mewtwo were to be given one. Mewtwo is a man-made Pokémon, genetically created by scientists using a strand of Mew's DNA. Other than that link, the two Pokémon are vastly different from one another, more so in the games than in the anime. So if Mewtwo were to have its own form, it could come from its genetic make up allowing it to change. Mew doesn't have to have anything to do with that. It is its own Pokémon.
            #3692    
          Old April 3rd, 2013 (3:34 AM).
          colours's Avatar
          colours colours is online now
          LOSTinmyMIND
          • Moderator
          • Platinum Tier
          • GTGet-Together Event Management
           
          Join Date: Apr 2005
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Quiet
          Posts: 30,211
          Quote:
          Mew doesn't necessarily have to have its own form either if Mewtwo were to be given one. Mewtwo is a man-made Pokémon, genetically created by scientists using a strand of Mew's DNA. Other than that link, the two Pokémon are vastly different from one another, more so in the games than in the anime. So if Mewtwo were to have its own form, it could come from its genetic make up allowing it to change. Mew doesn't have to have anything to do with that. It is its own Pokémon.
          Except, don't forget that it would be extremely inconsistent, and I can tell that GF doesn't really swing that way. Remember back in late Gen IV when Giratina was given it's Origin form, and then we saw it in action even in movie style. It was powerful yes (and heck, you can see Origin form winning against Dialga in Movie 11 (at least, I think that's the right movie)), but by no means was it too significantly overpowered. That's what I'm saying here. There has not been one instance in a main Pokemon game whereas one of the mascot legendaries got an alternate form while the other mascot stayed behind. It just wouldn't seem...right, y'know?

          So far, all of the mascot legendaries seem to be left alone, so I don't see why GF would feel the need to change Mewtwo in any way.
          __________________

          If this night is not forever
          At least we are together
          I know I'm not alone
          I know I'm not alone
            #3693    
          Old April 3rd, 2013 (3:46 AM).
          Forever's Avatar
          Forever Forever is offline
          • Moderator
          • Crystal Tier
          • EOEvent Organizer
           
          Join Date: Nov 2005
          Location: Queensland
          Age: 25
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Bold
          Posts: 35,664
          Mewtwo technically isn't a mascot legendary. Sure it's a major legendary but it isn't a mascot like uhh Venusaur etc in those generations so it could get another forme - and Mew on the other hand didn't need to because maybe it'd be merged with Mewtwo to create said forme??
            #3694    
          Old April 3rd, 2013 (3:54 AM).
          colours's Avatar
          colours colours is online now
          LOSTinmyMIND
          • Moderator
          • Platinum Tier
          • GTGet-Together Event Management
           
          Join Date: Apr 2005
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Quiet
          Posts: 30,211
          I mean, I guess what I'm saying that is I think Mewtwo would just have some huge unfair advantage to it's counterpart, I suppose. u__u
          __________________

          If this night is not forever
          At least we are together
          I know I'm not alone
          I know I'm not alone
            #3695    
          Old April 3rd, 2013 (3:56 AM).
          Rebel Rebel's Avatar
          Rebel Rebel Rebel Rebel is offline
             
            Join Date: Feb 2012
            Location: Wisconsin
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Timid
            Posts: 33
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
            Except, don't forget that it would be extremely inconsistent, and I can tell that GF doesn't really swing that way. Remember back in late Gen IV when Giratina was given it's Origin form, and then we saw it in action even in movie style. It was powerful yes (and heck, you can see Origin form winning against Dialga in Movie 11 (at least, I think that's the right movie)), but by no means was it too significantly overpowered. That's what I'm saying here. There has not been one instance in a main Pokemon game whereas one of the mascot legendaries got an alternate form while the other mascot stayed behind. It just wouldn't seem...right, y'know?

            So far, all of the mascot legendaries seem to be left alone, so I don't see why GF would feel the need to change Mewtwo in any way.
            I don't understand what you're trying to say. You talk about a mascot legendary getting a new form (Giratina) while the others didn't (Dialga and Palkia), then say something about how strong they are (which doesn't seem relevant to your argument at all), and then try to say Mewtwo won't get a new form because they never only give one mascot legendary a new form, even though you literally just talked about them doing exactly that (and Mewtwo isn't a mascot anyway).
              #3696    
            Old April 3rd, 2013 (4:04 AM).
            Guy Guy is offline
            just a guy
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Sep 2008
            Location: Florida
            Age: 25
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 7,190
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
            I mean, I guess what I'm saying that is I think Mewtwo would just have some huge unfair advantage to it's counterpart, I suppose. u__u
            Mewtwo already has a bigger advantage over Mew given its higher stats and a total base state of 680; 80 more than Mew's total base stats. The way I see it, they were never equal counterparts to begin with. Compare that to Giratina who shared the same total base stats with Dialga and Palkia, even in its Origin Form.

            Like I said, Mewtwo and Mew only share a connection due to their shared DNA, other than that, the two are very much their own separate entities. So Mewtwo getting an alternate form (if that even turns out to be a real thing at all) wouldn't really have anything to do with Mew in my opinion.
              #3697    
            Old April 3rd, 2013 (4:05 AM).
            colours's Avatar
            colours colours is online now
            LOSTinmyMIND
            • Moderator
            • Platinum Tier
            • GTGet-Together Event Management
             
            Join Date: Apr 2005
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 30,211
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Radio Rebel View Post
            I don't understand what you're trying to say. You talk about a mascot legendary getting a new form (Giratina) while the others didn't (Dialga and Palkia), then say something about how strong they are (which doesn't seem relevant to your argument at all), and then try to say Mewtwo won't get a new form because they never only give one mascot legendary a new form, even though you literally just talked about them doing exactly that (and Mewtwo isn't a mascot anyway).
            Mewtwo and Mew didn't get form changes.

            Lugia and Ho-oh didn't get form changes

            Groudon and Kyogre didn't get form changes

            Dialga and Palkia didn't get form changes

            Reshiram and Zekrom didn't get form changes.

            What I'm saying is that, for consistency purposes, none of these legendaries were given any sort of form changes at all (regardless of whether or not Mewtwo is a mascot legendary, it's symbolism is close to that of one, anyway). Changes to one of these would give them an unfair significant advantage over the other, is what I'm saying, kind of like leaving them in the dust, if you will. I just don't really see it happening.

            Quote:
            then say something about how strong they are (which doesn't seem relevant to your argument at all)
            Competitively, when you give a Pokemon a new form, they're usually significantly stronger than the previous form, but why? Again, why is it really necessary that Mewtwo be given one so badly and not it's counterpart, especially since they've already had a movie in which they interacted already? I do apologize for the sucky wording, but that's what I've been saying all this time. Mewtwo and Mew are very closely related, despite being different Pokemon altogether, so it just would not make sense whatsoever.

            Quote:
            Mewtwo already has a bigger advantage over Mew given its higher stats and a total base state of 680; 80 more than Mew's total base stats. The way I see it, they were never equal counterparts to begin with. Compare that to Giratina who shared the same total base stats with Dialga and Palkia, even in its Origin Form.

            Like I said, Mewtwo and Mew only share a connection due to their shared DNA, other than that, the two are very much their own separate entities. So Mewtwo getting an alternate form (if that even turns out to be a real thing at all) wouldn't really have anything to do with Mew in my opinion.
            The base stats are a fair argument to make, except that Mewtwo is usually more predictable than Mew is, since Mew had the advantage of learning every single TM, and running just about every moveset imagineable. Mewtwo has the advantage in stats, Mew has the advantage in moves. They both cancel each other out, hence them being equal in my mind.

            Also, Mewtwo was born from Mew's DNA, right? I see that as more than enough reason to keep them closely related enough not for one to just up and have a brand new form while the other one doesn't. o.o;
            __________________

            If this night is not forever
            At least we are together
            I know I'm not alone
            I know I'm not alone
              #3698    
            Old April 3rd, 2013 (5:32 AM).
            OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
            OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
            10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
               
              Join Date: Apr 2010
              Location: Oregon
              Age: 23
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Careful
              Posts: 17,450
              Well Kyurem did get an advantage with it's new formes against it's trio after having a disadvantage in it's original forme. So trios have had one member with a new forme while the rest don't.
              Also if they were to give Mewtwo a new forme it could get the Giratina treatment or even the Keldeo treatment to keep it from becoming more uneven... the last one would be stupid however imo.
              __________________
              # TeamRowlet
              I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
              https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
              https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
                #3699    
              Old April 3rd, 2013 (6:04 AM).
              Spherical Ice's Avatar
              Spherical Ice Spherical Ice is offline
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Nov 2007
              Location: Bristol, UK
              Age: 19
              Posts: 5,226
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
              The thing is, why would Mewtwo even need a new form? It's kind of one of those legendaries that are super powerful enough to live without one, so I don't really see it as necessary for it to have one. That being said though, where's Mew's role in all of this? I find it extremely odd that, if it's true that Mewtwo were to be given a new form, that Mew doesn't, so not a lot of things are adding up here.

              I'm calling a fib on this one, really.
              Well, Mewtwo was a genetically engineered Pokémon so maybe this is TR's attempt to make it even better? I don't see why Mew would need to get affected. With that said, I do hope that if Mewtwo gets a new forme that this isn't it because...for one thing the r34 will be everywhere.
              __________________

              A Pokemon that is discriminated!
              Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                #3700    
              Old April 3rd, 2013 (6:18 AM).
              Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
              Pinkie-Dawn Pinkie-Dawn is offline
              Vampire Waifu
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2012
                Location: California
                Age: 25
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quirky
                Posts: 9,445
                Why exactly does Mewtwo need a new forme? Wouldn't that make him way too overpowered than he is now (unless they pull a Keldeo on him)? But now that I think about it, if Mewtwo does get a new forme, it might as well be his final smash if he was able to come back in the next SSB title, which is a clever marketing strategy.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
                I can actually understand a few. There were a few that needed it (like Shaymin, for example, and perhaps Giratina just for the sake of story and background purposes, I suppose. At least there was some sort of story surrounding it, in the form of a movie). And there were a few that kind of didn't need it (Kami trio, really, along with Keldeo to some sort of extent?). So ultimately, I can see why the whole concept would be used to create hype.

                But hype is really the only reason why this image of a deformed Mewtwo is even floating around the internet, nothing more.
                The reason they gave the Kamis new formes is because of the complaints about them being recolors, and yet now the same people are complaining about them having different formes, which shows contradictory within the fanbase.
                __________________
                Closed Thread

                Quick Reply

                Join the conversation!

                Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                Create a PokéCommunity Account

                Sponsored Links
                Thread Tools

                Posting Rules
                You may not post new threads
                You may not post replies
                You may not post attachments
                You may not edit your posts

                BB code is On
                Smilies are On
                [IMG] code is On
                HTML code is Off

                Forum Jump


                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:51 PM.