• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Average age?

Sir Codin

I'm currently 22.

Years
I'm 17, and started playing Pokemon when I was only 3 or 4 when I played my brother's Pokemon Red and restarted it, but managed to complete it in about a week.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I am 21 years old. I have been playing Pokemon since I was five or six. It has been a huge part of my life since then. I will probably still be playing it when I am an old woman, even if it is discontinued by then (I hope isn't though!)

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
I'm 23, started playing red when I was 10-11 years old. Oh and I'm from Scotland. I'm pretty sure I'll continue playing the games as they come out and be introducing my children to them when I start having them :P Never to young/old for games!

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I'm 15 turning 16 in around two months time, and I actually remember first seeing anything to do with Pokemon in the age of 3/4, when I saw my cousin playing Pokemon Green in Japanese xD that was around the year 2000, and since Nepal isn't a developed country we didn't get Pokemon games till later so yeah. I became more of a hardcore fan when I turned five and watched like every single episode of Pokemon of the Kanto and Johto arc, but I didn't really watch the anime after Pokemon Advanced.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I'm 18 and I started following Pokemon back in 1999 when I was 5. I used to be strictly an anime guy but once I got the money for a GBA I started following the games as well.

I'm not into Pokemon anymore but no matter much interest I lose in the series I keep coming back to play the games.

-Slick-

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 30, 2017
Wow....it feels really good to know that there are still have people in my age range. I'm 21 now and will be turning 22 later this September.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
So far I'm the oldest. Haha. Let's see if someone beats 27. I started playing when Red came out. Haven't really played anything passed Hoenn region simply because I've been broke.

Pokedude3012

Slayer of Milotics
Years
I'm 14. Played for 10 years, I think. But I'm not a huge fan of the newer games, it's kinda been putting me off. Ah well, I'll always have Emerald.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I'm 22, and I'll be turning 23 in a month and 10 days. I've been into the Pokémon fandom since 1999. : >
Although I kind of got "out" of it between Emerald and HG/SS, I'm back into it, specially since Black and White's release.
(And I'm also from Belgium like someone else in this thread. ;3)

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2013
Jonathan Creek is unknown to me. :embarrass
I know Sherlock Holmes of course.

All right, that's pretty cool. I have 2 dvd's with 8 episodes/dvd of Poirot and 2 full lenght movies and that's it. But when they give episodes or movies of Poirot on tv I record them as fast as I know when they will be given. ^^
He's so neat and perfect in his things and yet so good at solving complicated cases that sometimes make no sense.

Yes, did you see the recent TV movie they made of The Orient Express? Much more intense and dark than the usual Poirot episodes...if you haven't, definitely watch it.

It's lovely to see there's so many loyal Pokemon players! I'm the same - I will carry on playing pokemon as long as they keep making the games. And if they don't, just re-play the old ones!

Last edited:
Years
I'm 21 right now, and have been following along with the franchise since the show first came out in North America back in 1998 (although, I didn't start playing the games until a few years later).

I would have to say that the average age of Pokemon gamers/fans is still a bit younger than what's being represented in this thread, as Pokemon is still a brand marketed to a younger audience- not that it can't be enjoyed by all ages.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
Is someone here younger than me?
I'm 11 and I'm turning 12 anyone younger?

Years
Yes, did you see the recent TV movie they made of The Orient Express? Much more intense and dark than the usual Poirot episodes...if you haven't, definitely watch it.

It's lovely to see there's so many loyal Pokemon players! I'm the same - I will carry on playing pokemon as long as they keep making the games. And if they don't, just re-play the old ones!

A few weeks ago it was on the tv here and I have seen it yes. Great movie, lots of emotions for Poirot.
Indeed, you are right. Re-playing old games or pokémon hacks when GF stops to create any new games.

Back