The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio
FireRed POKEMON: Dark Rising

ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #2301    
Old April 6th, 2013 (6:34 AM).
mikethepokemaster's Avatar
mikethepokemaster mikethepokemaster is offline
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: kanto region
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Jolly
    Posts: 307
    i really don't get all the hostility on drg i like the hack she work hard on to be complete and hope the comments good and bad doesn't make her quit the thing she love to do.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2302    
    Old April 6th, 2013 (6:57 AM).
    kaasjes kaasjes is offline
       
      Join Date: Apr 2013
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 1
      where can i download this game
        #2303    
      Old April 6th, 2013 (12:46 PM).
      AshKetchumisnumber1's Avatar
      AshKetchumisnumber1 AshKetchumisnumber1 is offline
      Pokémon Master
         
        Join Date: Feb 2012
        Location: Pennsylvania
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Timid
        Posts: 97
        there's a egg along with a unusable spot in pc box 3 in the pokecenter and 3 unusable spots in box 2

        is that a bug or is it normal?
        __________________
        Ash Ketchum

        Pokemon Master for Life

        Gotta Catch 'em All
          #2304    
        Old April 7th, 2013 (12:37 AM).
        Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
        Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
        Memento Mori
        • Gold Tier
         
        Join Date: Jul 2008
        Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 14,447
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by mikethepokemaster View Post
        i really don't get all the hostility on drg i like the hack she work hard on to be complete and hope the comments good and bad doesn't make her quit the thing she love to do.
        Well, every player of a hack has right to present a criticism and since people on internet are like gira said... people on the internet, with anonymity and all, it's very easy for them to present criticism this way =)
        I, as probably one of a few, actually read all those 10 pages on the presented thread and while I did not like the way it was presented (some parts were really funny, though), almost everything DNKHTP presented was truly a bug/glitch/mistake.
        For the first time, someone revealed that legendaries had OP BS boosts which I did not even realized o.O
        I repeat, the way it was presented wasn't nice but the criticism was on spot.
        It depends on DNKHTP's reason to do it.
        If he does those reviews just to discredit the hacks, make fun of them and present a way of amusement to that forum's users, it's wrong.
        If he does them to show the bugs, he should go for a different approach.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by pokemonmaster42 View Post
        there's a egg along with a unusable spot in pc box 3 in the pokecenter and 3 unusable spots in box 2

        is that a bug or is it normal?
        It's a bad egg. It's pretty normal for Fire Red hacks.
        __________________
        ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

        Anime List | PSN Trophy List
          #2305    
        Old April 7th, 2013 (1:55 AM).
        cheatfreak23's Avatar
        cheatfreak23 cheatfreak23 is offline
        Commander&Chief of cheatcodes
           
          Join Date: Dec 2008
          Location: Anywhere, for Ive mastered Walk Through Walls!
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Quirky
          Posts: 179
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
          Then go for Attack EV training first and Sp.Att as soon as possible after finishing.
          The only way I can really benefit from that is by hacking the Fire Red ROM and making it so Salamence retains Rock Head cause God knows I'd never be able to beat this hack any other way. I just wish there were more Dragon moves or even the P/S Split in this hack.
          __________________
            #2306    
          Old April 7th, 2013 (9:53 AM).
          MajesticTempest MajesticTempest is offline
             
            Join Date: Aug 2011
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 1
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by mike
            where ya at

            what sue said, kinda like what sue said does he say like alot or does he like stutter; 'cause I could tell if he could like
            Anyway, game is good very swell
              #2307    
            Old April 7th, 2013 (6:21 PM).
            AshKetchumisnumber1's Avatar
            AshKetchumisnumber1 AshKetchumisnumber1 is offline
            Pokémon Master
               
              Join Date: Feb 2012
              Location: Pennsylvania
              Age: 24
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Timid
              Posts: 97
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

              Well, every player of a hack has right to present a criticism and since people on internet are like gira said... people on the internet, with anonymity and all, it's very easy for them to present criticism this way =)
              I, as probably one of a few, actually read all those 10 pages on the presented thread and while I did not like the way it was presented (some parts were really funny, though), almost everything DNKHTP presented was truly a bug/glitch/mistake.
              For the first time, someone revealed that legendaries had OP BS boosts which I did not even realized o.O
              I repeat, the way it was presented wasn't nice but the criticism was on spot.
              It depends on DNKHTP's reason to do it.
              If he does those reviews just to discredit the hacks, make fun of them and present a way of amusement to that forum's users, it's wrong.
              If he does them to show the bugs, he should go for a different approach.


              It's a bad egg. It's pretty normal for Fire Red hacks.

              hm ok thanks for the info ash493
              __________________
              Ash Ketchum

              Pokemon Master for Life

              Gotta Catch 'em All
                #2308    
              Old April 7th, 2013 (10:24 PM).
              XeroNos's Avatar
              XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2011
                Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                Age: 27
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Brave
                Posts: 3,015
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by kaasjes View Post
                where can i download this game
                The downloadable ips file is on the first page.
                  #2309    
                Old April 10th, 2013 (7:56 AM).
                aloy99 aloy99 is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2013
                  Posts: 2
                  Hi guys, have really been enjoying the hack so far. One question though - I was bluetoothed the DarkRising.gba file and play the game on an android emulator. How would i got about updating it to the latest version?
                    #2310    
                  Old April 10th, 2013 (3:41 PM).
                  Septentrion's Avatar
                  Septentrion Septentrion is offline
                  Evilutionary biologist
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2013
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Bold
                    Posts: 23
                    I can't progress in the game. I've gotten to were I'm supposed to go to Millenium City but I can't get there at all. Syndey just says, "just that a stroll or something." The walkthrough says she is suppose to escort me to the city.

                    I have everything up on Youtube(last walkthrough link in OP).
                      #2311    
                    Old April 10th, 2013 (4:15 PM).
                    zaubster zaubster is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2012
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 8
                      Hack looks really great BUT...The difficulty. I left water cave, where pokemon have levels 15-19, and suddenly I need to beat a pokemaniac with 2 lvl 30 mons. Is that normal? I mean, if if it wasn't for munna and it's dream eater I would never have done that. Also, what's a good spot to grind? Seems like I won't be able to progres without that.
                        #2312    
                      Old April 10th, 2013 (10:18 PM). Edited April 10th, 2013 by XeroNos.
                      XeroNos's Avatar
                      XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2011
                        Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                        Age: 27
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Brave
                        Posts: 3,015
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Septentrion View Post
                        I can't progress in the game. I've gotten to were I'm supposed to go to Millenium City but I can't get there at all. Syndey just says, "just that a stroll or something." The walkthrough says she is suppose to escort me to the city.

                        I have everything up on Youtube(last walkthrough link in OP).
                        Are you using my walk through or from the Youtube? Maybe I could help you after this question

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by zaubster View Post
                        Hack looks really great BUT...The difficulty. I left water cave, where pokemon have levels 15-19, and suddenly I need to beat a pokemaniac with 2 lvl 30 mons. Is that normal? I mean, if if it wasn't for munna and it's dream eater I would never have done that. Also, what's a good spot to grind? Seems like I won't be able to progres without that.
                        The game is running Normal for you. The level of difficulty you are facing is also alright. Anyways it is very common that a trainer has tougher pokes than those wild ones
                          #2313    
                        Old April 11th, 2013 (3:10 AM).
                        Septentrion's Avatar
                        Septentrion Septentrion is offline
                        Evilutionary biologist
                           
                          Join Date: Jan 2013
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Bold
                          Posts: 23
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
                          Are you using my walk through or from the Youtube? Maybe I could help you after this question
                          Yes, I looked at your walkthough from 4shared.
                            #2314    
                          Old April 11th, 2013 (4:37 AM).
                          zaubster zaubster is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2012
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 8
                            I came to sewers, to battle MAX. And guess what? His pokemon are level 40. This hack doesn't make sense. I'm not gonna grind for an hour before any harder trainer just to defeat him.
                              #2315    
                            Old April 11th, 2013 (4:58 AM).
                            Aryan143's Avatar
                            Aryan143 Aryan143 is offline
                            The Fennekin Fan!
                               
                              Join Date: Jul 2012
                              Location: Delhi, India
                              Age: 16
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Modest
                              Posts: 756
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by zaubster View Post
                              I came to sewers, to battle MAX. And guess what? His pokemon are level 40. This hack doesn't make sense. I'm not gonna grind for an hour before any harder trainer just to defeat him.
                              You can battle him at a later time because it's an optional battle.
                              __________________
                              Check out my gaming company:

                                #2316    
                              Old April 11th, 2013 (10:52 PM).
                              XeroNos's Avatar
                              XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2011
                                Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                                Age: 27
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Brave
                                Posts: 3,015
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Septentrion View Post
                                I can't progress in the game. I've gotten to were I'm supposed to go to Millenium City but I can't get there at all. Syndey just says, "just that a stroll or something." The walkthrough says she is suppose to escort me to the city.

                                I have everything up on Youtube(last walkthrough link in OP).
                                OK I see what you did. Hmmm now lets see here. If you are wondering how to go there than you have to do some events first and then after them the scientist guy on Huntik Route will let you go through the cave he was previously was blocking. Through that cave you will reach trident waters. Surf south from there and you will reach Millenium city
                                  #2317    
                                Old April 11th, 2013 (11:16 PM).
                                MorganBreanna MorganBreanna is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jul 2009
                                  Gender: Female
                                  Posts: 1
                                  the .rar file doesn't work on my visualboyadvance. any tips? i'd love to play this.
                                    #2318    
                                  Old April 12th, 2013 (7:38 AM).
                                  Septentrion's Avatar
                                  Septentrion Septentrion is offline
                                  Evilutionary biologist
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jan 2013
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Bold
                                    Posts: 23
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
                                    OK I see what you did. Hmmm now lets see here. If you are wondering how to go there than you have to do some events first and then after them the scientist guy on Huntik Route will let you go through the cave he was previously was blocking. Through that cave you will reach trident waters. Surf south from there and you will reach Millenium city
                                    I have to "do some events"?
                                      #2319    
                                    Old April 12th, 2013 (7:41 AM).
                                    Aryan143's Avatar
                                    Aryan143 Aryan143 is offline
                                    The Fennekin Fan!
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2012
                                      Location: Delhi, India
                                      Age: 16
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Modest
                                      Posts: 756
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by MorganBreanna View Post
                                      the .rar file doesn't work on my visualboyadvance. any tips? i'd love to play this.
                                      You have to first extract it using a program like Winrar and use Lunar IPS to apply the patch to a clean FireRed rom. Then it should work.
                                      __________________
                                      Check out my gaming company:

                                        #2320    
                                      Old April 12th, 2013 (10:31 AM).
                                      lowkey1202's Avatar
                                      lowkey1202 lowkey1202 is offline
                                      Unofficial Game Tester
                                         
                                        Join Date: Sep 2009
                                        Age: 4
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 50
                                        idk if anyone else had this bug i went to use teleport on my pokemon and it sent me to a area i never been kinda sucked becuase i didnt save for awhile
                                          #2321    
                                        Old April 12th, 2013 (10:54 AM).
                                        Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                                        Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                                        Memento Mori
                                        • Gold Tier
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jul 2008
                                        Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                                        Age: 24
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Calm
                                        Posts: 14,447
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by zaubster View Post
                                        I came to sewers, to battle MAX. And guess what? His pokemon are level 40. This hack doesn't make sense. I'm not gonna grind for an hour before any harder trainer just to defeat him.
                                        You WILL have to grind sooner or later anyways... take it as an opportunity to do it

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by lowkey1202 View Post
                                        idk if anyone else had this bug i went to use teleport on my pokemon and it sent me to a area i never been kinda sucked becuase i didnt save for awhile
                                        Teleport almost always bugs in hacks as creators don't really care about it...
                                        It's normal that you get stuck unfortunately...
                                        __________________
                                        ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                                        Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                                          #2322    
                                        Old April 12th, 2013 (3:46 PM).
                                        Hattydrago Hattydrago is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Apr 2013
                                          Gender: Female
                                          Posts: 5
                                          Hey I was finally able to download to play and a couple things are going wrong when within first few minutes. After I got the shoes and walked outside the emulator shut off. I don't know why it did that and also, i'm aware on a PC you save with shift+Fnumbers but I don't think I can do that on a Mac. Could someone please help, I've been dying to play this game since I heard about it.
                                            #2323    
                                          Old April 12th, 2013 (3:51 PM).
                                          Crimnor Crimnor is offline
                                          » imperishable
                                             
                                            Join Date: Sep 2008
                                            Age: 24
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 36
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Hattydrago View Post
                                            Hey I was finally able to download to play and a couple things are going wrong when within first few minutes. After I got the shoes and walked outside the emulator shut off. I don't know why it did that and also, i'm aware on a PC you save with shift+Fnumbers but I don't think I can do that on a Mac. Could someone please help, I've been dying to play this game since I heard about it.
                                            You forgot to give us the most important information we would need in order to help you - what emulator do you use and which version?
                                              #2324    
                                            Old April 12th, 2013 (3:53 PM).
                                            Hattydrago Hattydrago is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Apr 2013
                                              Gender: Female
                                              Posts: 5
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Majesticz View Post
                                              You forgot to give us the most important information we would need in order to help you - what emulator do you use and which version?
                                              Boycott Advance, said it was last modified Sep 27, 2008
                                                #2325    
                                              Old April 12th, 2013 (4:04 PM).
                                              Crimnor Crimnor is offline
                                              » imperishable
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Sep 2008
                                                Age: 24
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Posts: 36
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Hattydrago View Post
                                                Boycott Advance, said it was last modified Sep 27, 2008
                                                I recommend you to try Visual Boy Advance (at least version 1.7.6) instead - pretty solid emulator that works great on my Macbook Air.

                                                coolrom.com/emulators/mac/10/Visual_Boy_Advance.php
                                                Closed Thread
                                                Quick Reply

                                                Sponsored Links
                                                Thread Tools

                                                Posting Rules
                                                You may not post new threads
                                                You may not post replies
                                                You may not post attachments
                                                You may not edit your posts

                                                BB code is On
                                                Smilies are On
                                                [IMG] code is On
                                                HTML code is Off

                                                Forum Jump


                                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:50 PM.