• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Well, I modified the script:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
spriteface 0xFF 0x3
msgbox @t1 0x6
applymovement 0x7 @m1
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x6
setflag 0x507
applymovement 0x7 @m2
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @t2 0x6
fadesong 0x0000
applymovement 0x7 @m3
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @t3 0x6
fadedefault
applymovement 0x7 @m4
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x7
setflag 0x508
setflag 0x802
setvar 0x5007 0x1
release
end

#org @m4
#raw 0xB
#raw 0x8
#raw 0x8
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

#org @t3
= \v\h01: (ZAK, huh? He seems\nlike an interesting guy.)\p\v\h01: (But I need to keep looking\nfor clues about what REGIROCK\lmeant about protecting me.)\p\v\h01: (I guess I should head\nfor the POKéMON gyms as well.)\p\v\h01: (That could be a chance\nto search for some answers...)

#org @m3
#raw 0x8
#raw 0xB
#raw 0xFE

#org @t2
= Well, I found a map...\nThe thing is, the map is digitalized\linside this POKéNAV.\pThe POKéNAV is a device that has\nmany different functions to it.\pI'm not going to take the time\nto tell you what it can do,\lso I'll let you figure that\lout on your own.\pBut anyways, why did you want\na map in the first place?\p... ... ... ... ...\n... ... ... ... ...\pWhat? An incident with a REGIROCK?\nHow did you get hold of that kind\lof POKéMON?!\pYou do understand that REGIROCK\nis a legendary POKéMON, right?\p... ... ... ... ...\n... ... ... ... ...\pREGIROCK said he was protecting\nyou from something?\pHmm... I don't know what to\nthink about all of that.\pRight! I guess I should introduce\nmyself.\pMy name is ZAK. I am a POKéMON\ntrainer just like you.\pZAK: I'm not very skilled though,\nbecause I just got my first\lPOKéMON.\pZAK: I was inspired to go around the\nJADEN region and challenge all of\lof the gyms.\pZAK: So what's your name?\p... ... ... ... ...\n... ... ... ... ...\pZAK: So your name is \v\h01.\nIt's nice to meet you, \v\h01!\pZAK: I have to go now, I'm\noff to STARK TUNNEL.\pZAK: See ya later, \v\h01.

#org @m2
#raw 0x14
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x14
#raw 0xB
#raw 0xB
#raw 0x8
#raw 0xB
#raw 0xFE

#org @m1
#raw 0xA
#raw 0x9
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xA
#raw 0x0
#raw 0x14
#raw 0xFE

#org @t1
= I have an extra map on my\ntable.\pJust hold on a minute.

Can I ask what the other flags are for? And try updating your XSE to 1.11

EDIT: BTW it worked for me. Just tested it.

Nevermind, it works. I was just being an idiot (again). Sorry for taking your time.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Umm... Okay I skipped something. I forgot to ask karatekid552 what is the special for the "showitempic" thing. So does anyone know what special that is?

dkp

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
Is there a mostly done decapitalization patch for Emerald (BPEE)? Sorry if I'm asking something obviously stupid.

Wichu's is disappeared from mediafire, and he is disappeared from the net, so I don't see that returning anytime soon. Everything else I've found, whether through google or this forum either points to that exact page (thus is likewise broken) or leads to some overreaching (making tons of other changes, like 386 patches and phys/spec splits that break contests) projects or empty promises ("No links yet! But soon, I hope!").

I understand perfectly well if noone's done this or noone will. I'd simply like to know if such a thing exists or not.

My ideal sort of thing would be like RichterSnipe's Decap patch from his throwback thread (can't post links, but look for it in the hack sideshow subforum, it's awesome);

modular, easy to remove (to avoid credit issues), no extra baggage, text-only, and follows Gen V's standard.

But, naturally, that's wholly an Ideal. I'm more than willing to do some work, whether fixing typos, finishing Pokemon/Trainer/Item names, whatever. It's just desired to save some days to weeks punching words into GoldFinger and screwing things up when I lazily "replace all" over something stupid like "UP" or giving up on everything whatsoever because the effort drains me of the will to push forward.

And I would of course (gladly) give credit to anyone who so chose to let me use it. My ultimate intentions are a mostly aesthetic hack of Emerald with a modular change to the difficulty curve, and no extra 386/phys/spec/lugia in the basement/etc in the same patch. Something very modular, easily divorcable from the patch, so it absolutely doesn't have to be redistributed if the creator doesn't want it to be.

Thanks.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Is there a mostly done decapitalization patch for Emerald (BPEE)? Sorry if I'm asking something obviously stupid.

Wichu's is disappeared from mediafire, and he is disappeared from the net, so I don't see that returning anytime soon. Everything else I've found, whether through google or this forum either points to that exact page (thus is likewise broken) or leads to some overreaching (making tons of other changes, like 386 patches and phys/spec splits that break contests) projects or empty promises ("No links yet! But soon, I hope!").

I understand perfectly well if noone's done this or noone will. I'd simply like to know if such a thing exists or not.

My ideal sort of thing would be like RichterSnipe's Decap patch from his throwback thread (can't post links, but look for it in the hack sideshow subforum, it's awesome);

modular, easy to remove (to avoid credit issues), no extra baggage, text-only, and follows Gen V's standard.

But, naturally, that's wholly an Ideal. I'm more than willing to do some work, whether fixing typos, finishing Pokemon/Trainer/Item names, whatever. It's just desired to save some days to weeks punching words into GoldFinger and screwing things up when I lazily "replace all" over something stupid like "UP" or giving up on everything whatsoever because the effort drains me of the will to push forward.

And I would of course (gladly) give credit to anyone who so chose to let me use it. My ultimate intentions are a mostly aesthetic hack of Emerald with a modular change to the difficulty curve, and no extra 386/phys/spec/lugia in the basement/etc in the same patch. Something very modular, easily divorcable from the patch, so it absolutely doesn't have to be redistributed if the creator doesn't want it to be.

Thanks.

I don't have a decapitalization patch for you, sorry! However, I do know that Wichu hasn't completely disappeared. I talked to him about a month ago and he basically told me that he would like to return and upgrade his sprite editors. I just wanted to let you know.

Umm... Okay I skipped something. I forgot to ask karatekid552 what is the special for the "showitempic" thing. So does anyone know what special that is?

I found this in JPAN's Engine Manual, he made it for his hack I believe:
Spoiler:

It is a modified version of the fossil show special. Special 0x8C will hide the picture.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2013
Or, you could turn your volume off:p.

But then I won't be able to hear the awesome music the game has to offer. :P

There are a few different choices. You could edit that sound to be nothing. You could nop the call which plays the sound.

I'm new to ROM hacking, so please bear with me here. How do I do these things?

I downloaded Sappy, but the only thing I'm finding is the game music, not the game sounds.

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Hi every one,

i've see in Pokepic the Weather function; it's very usefull for me because i wanna do a pokemon castform-like, changing sprite depending on weather.

The problem is that pokemon does not appear in pokedex replacing castform, and all the other sprite have a 1 color palette (black) in each weather image. I'm able to change pokemon palette but for do this i need to known the offset and i obtain it with unzl.gba; but in unzl there aren't that image or i'm not able to find it.

So anyone known how to use the weather feature of Pokepic?

Thanks a lot, bye :)

no one can help me with weather pokemon?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I'm new to ROM hacking, so please bear with me here. How do I do these things?

I downloaded Sappy, but the only thing I'm finding is the game music, not the game sounds.

Try Team_Fail's music editing tutorial. Also, the sounds are much, much lower in the numbers and usually aren't bookmarked. You will have to scroll through from the beginning until you hear it.

There MAY be a list of Sappy songs in the Tutorial or R&D section. I don't know for sure, but it is possible.

Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
Hey, I'm working on my first Pokemon Fire Red hack, and everything has been going well up until this point. I'm playing through the game as I'm making it, and I have 7 badges so far. I made a cave with fossil pokemon in it, and everything works well until I enter the water and fight Relicanth. After the battle, I lose control of the player and instead gain control of the camera. Has this kind of problem ever happened to anyone, and is there a way to fix it?
Thanks in advance for anyone willing to give an answer, and if you need more information, just let me know. Thanks again.

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2023
Hey, I'm working on my first Pokemon Fire Red hack, and everything has been going well up until this point. I'm playing through the game as I'm making it, and I have 7 badges so far. I made a cave with fossil pokemon in it, and everything works well until I enter the water and fight Relicanth. After the battle, I lose control of the player and instead gain control of the camera. Has this kind of problem ever happened to anyone, and is there a way to fix it?
Thanks in advance for anyone willing to give an answer, and if you need more information, just let me know. Thanks again.

Does this happen when you battle a specific Relicanth, or a random encounter relicanth?
Is the cave based on an old map, or is it made from scratch?

I'm looking at expanding the number of blocks for multiple maps in my hack, but was somewhat concerned about overwriting existing data in doing so.
I figured that if I knew where the actual tileset and tilemap data were stored, I could verify whether or not I was overwriting anything. However, when I goto the tileset offset provided in A-map, I find a "table" of just 5 offsets. One of these is the palette, but I can't tell what the others are.
Furthermore, if I locate a given tileset in UnLZ, it provided an entirely different data offset than what I seem to find using A-map.
This is all in Emerald, btw

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
Does this happen when you battle a specific Relicanth, or a random encounter relicanth?

It happens after any Relicanth encounter. Well, Relicanth is the only water pokemon in the cave. And the cave was made from scratch. The problem hasn't happened when I had wild battles in the grass. It just happens during water encounters in this specific cave. Other water battles have been fine.

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2023

It happens after any Relicanth encounter. Well, Relicanth is the only water pokemon in the cave. And the cave was made from scratch. The problem hasn't happened when I had wild battles in the grass. It just happens during water encounters in this specific cave. Other water battles have been fine.

Try as Spherical Ice says, and verify if any overworlds (people, strength rocks, rock smash rocks, etc...) have the "look down" movement type.

Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
Is there an overworld in that map with the Movement Permission look down? If so, change that to No Movement.

Yes, I had a trainer with the look down movement type, but that was it. I'll change it to No Movement and let you know if it fixed the problem.

Is there an overworld in that map with the Movement Permission look down? If so, change that to No Movement.

Hey, you are a life saver. I changed the look down permission to no movement, and everything works smoothly. Thanks a ton! And I was about to lose hope on the game that I'm making.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
no one can help me with weather pokemon?

Just simply replace Castform. That's what I would do if I were you.

Okay, everyone! I got a question.
Is it possible to make a different egg for each individual Pokemon?
I want each displayed differently for each species because I saw the eggs in the anime just now and they differ for every species.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
That's so bad idea I don't even know how to describe it...
Replacing Castform means replacing ALL of his forms, removing the engine that is connected with it and changes its forms, and reprogram the Weather Ball.
Well, he said he wanted a new weather Pokemon so I thought it might be a good idea. Well, its just my opinion.

Hi guys, simple question: how can I play the noise that is made when someone leaves a room?
We're you also the one who asked about the textbox sound? Just go back a few pages and find karatekid552's post about the music thing.

dkp

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
Is there simple explanation of how the "math" is stored in the games? Or at least offsets pointing thereto? Basically a starting point if someone wanted to change the formulae for capturing or exp gain or PID generation - it would be nice to have a gen-III shiny charm, for example.

Just simply replace Castform. That's what I would do if I were you.

Okay, everyone! I got a question.
Is it possible to make a different egg for each individual Pokemon?
I want each displayed differently for each species because I saw the eggs in the anime just now and they differ for every species.

Possible? Certainly. At least, quite probably. But that asks for more work than you'll probably ever get.

If you're ambitious and have your heart set on it, I might have a possible route you could explore. The only way I envision anyone ever doing something like that would be to write into the free filler space at the end of every pokemon (which interferes with quite a bit of the hacks out there), and create a routine to run every time the "egg" graphics are called (intercepting it?), itself comparing that new byte to a table, which would refer to the new graphics and call those instead.

I'm not 100% even that's possible, to be honest. It would undoubtedly cause a lot of glitches, and the amount of asm required is staggering. If that didn't work, it'd involve rewriting so much of the rom you'd likely be better off just programming a game from scratch. The scale as I imagine it would be akin to Jambo51's 649 patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back