• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your Leader Pokemon

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I would like to clarify, if I may, that I consider a leader Pokémon not one that I have in the 1-spot all the time, but one I go-to if in a sticky situation. My Pokémon line-up is always shifting. The first Pokémon will always be the lowest level and the six-spot Pokémon will always be the strongest.

I agree with you. My Serperior and Samurott are not always in the first spot in my party. But I have a tendency to use them more than my other pokemon because they are usually more reliable in battles.

Oshy

♩♫♩
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2013
Ever since I started playing Pokemon, I always had the habit of always placing my starter as the leader. I always thought, "Muahahah, If my chimchar is the leader all of the other trainers will get jealous!" And by referring to trainers, I was referring to the NPC computers. I was really dumb. So over time I just learned to put the weakest one in the leader position and so on. Rotating pokemon to level them evenly, etc.

Years
While I do do the lowest level Pokemon first and rotate thing that alot of other people do, I do usually consider my starter as my "leader" Pokemon. (Which in Pokemon Black would be Grump the Emboar) Since I don't play the meta-game. It just seems to make the most since story-wise. Although when I start Black 2, I've been considering maybe having the Event Keldo be my leader.

Cossolotto32

Pokemon Collector!
Years
I don't consider them leaders, it's usually just my favorite pokemon I have on my team of 6. So usually in 5th gen itd be Sawsbuck, or Bisharp!

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
i usually lead with my metagross because it can wall most types from the start and i have its moves covering most other types

Years
I have just started playing Pokémon White (and Pokémon games of any type for that matter) for the first time very recently, and I have 15 Pokémon so far. But I have to say my favorite Pokémon so far is Snivy. He was the first Pokémon I ever got, and he is just to darn cute (and he has awesome attacks in my opinion). :D

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
For Black 2 mine is Mienshao. As fast as possible, and just boots whoever in the face with Hi Jump Kick, or if necessary, U-Turn, Dual Chop (yes...Dual Chop), or Bounce. Wide Lens to increase accuracy as well.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
in Black it was my Serperior up until I got my Froslass from HG then that became my lead pokemon, and in Black 2 I used an Altaria I got from the dream radar to be my lead pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
My leader is always Garchomp. I even managed to solo the entire Pokémon League with her (yes, my Garchomp is a female).

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I'm playing Black 2 right now (just arrived in Lentimas), and so far my leaders are Krookodile, evolved from N's Sandile that you get in the Desert Resort, and my Leavanny, who actually was a very pleasant surprise ever since I caught her as a teeny weeny Sewaddle.

In my White game, it was Seismitoad the Destroyer of Worlds. She -- yeah, she's a female, her name is Tammy, is pretty beast.

Back