• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi there.

Years
Hi there everyone. I was interested in modding my PKMN roms so i joined this site.
I'm currently preparing to work on my own PKMN Ruby rom base.
If annyone can help me with for example finding physica/special split patches
then let me know.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
oooo that's nice! I hope you got a story ready to go for your game. Your best bet is the Emulation/ROM Hacking section, where you can grab all the stuff you need, including patches iirc. As well as the many tools you need, and the tutorials...you'll defo learn tons at that section. Don't be shy to ask the regulars, the ROM hacking experts, and even the moderators of the section if you have any questions or need any help. Everyone here is very helpful! :D

Welcome aboard to the community, btw. Be sure you head over to the Emulation section to get started, and don't forget to explore around the community on what we have to offer. :D Have a great time, and I shall see you around, yeah? :)

Years
Hello there and welcome to PC! Ah I love rom hacking, so many nice memories. I used to rom hack quite a bit, but i'm no expert sadly. But like Meganium said the Emulation/ROM Hacking section is where you'll find everything you might need for it. I am more then willing to help with anything if you need it so please feel free to message me about anything and I'll try to help. :P
Anyways hope you enjoy yourself, and hope to see you around! :)

Years
You're in the right place if you're looking for hack-related tools. PC has all of that and lots more, yeppers. Welcome to the forum! :D

I took a quick glance through the Toolbox subforum of Emulation and couldn't find any physical/special splits for Ruby, but I may just have missed it since there are so many threads. You can always try asking other aspiring hackers if they know of any in the ROM Hacking Simple Questions thread; that might prove to be useful! I know there was a Ruby hack made by someone in the Slideshow Showcase that had the physical/special split, but it was closed in September. Might be worth a try to message the user nicely and ask for some assistance? They're not obliged to help if they can't or don't want to, though, but it's worth a try! The user appears to be active.

Good luck with everything, Marcos! I'm sure in a while down the line you'll be a wonderful hacker. It's not too hard to learn - the real challenge is getting off the ground. It's all uphill from there! Enjoy your stay on PC and you can ask one of us in bold blue usernames if you ever need any help. We're always around to provide some assistance. ^^ See you around!

Years
Nevermind. Thanx for the help. After half an hour of searching i found the split. For Emerald and Fire Red only. So i seems like i'll use Emerald as my base. Thanx for the welcome.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Cool, a new rom hacking fan! I use to hack a bit myself, well when rom hacking feels to hard for you, feel free to join game developing! much less painful and hard!

Back