The PokéCommunity Forums The PokéCommunity Archives Fan Clubs & Groups
The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


 
 
Thread Tools
  #3576    
Old April 10th, 2013 (11:29 AM).
Esper's Avatar
Esper Esper is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Posts: 10,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausaudriel View Post
I actually think gay men are in general more promiscuous than average. Comparing my relationships with those of my friends (all of my friends are straight) it seems way easier for me to find guys willing to just have sex. I think it's because men in general are more sexual creatures (or more ruled/controlled by their sexual natures) and so when you take two male sex drives and put them together, well... yeah.

Can't say much for lesbians though. No idea. All I know, and don't take offense, is my one lesbian friend has a joke about how lesbian women always bring a U-Haul to the second date. :x Lol. Implying that they get attached really quickly and move in together and what not.


San Francisco is my favorite city in the states. 8) Not because of the gay community (which I'm actually rather distasteful of), but because it's so open and accepting of everything in general. The vibes there are just so great.

I live in Los Angeles and people here are all about what they can gain from knowing you. It's mostly because of the industry, all of the people moving out here to "make it big" who've heard that it's all about "who you know," so when they meet you they think, "I wonder if he can get me an acting job..." or "I wonder if he knows any producers..." etc. etc.

San Francisco people were just genuinely nice. It was a refreshing change. I really wanna move there this summer, get the heck out of LA.
So the full joke goes: What do lesbians bring on a second date? A U-Haul. Then you follow up with: What do gay men bring on a second date? What second date?

One of my roommates in college dated a girl for a short while and they ended up living together after not very long and then breaking up before the end of the year. They both came from areas of southern California (Kern county and Los Angeles county) where they were from a small town and a strict Asian family respectively so they'd both been in the closet through high school so when they started dating it was all fireworks and lightning and they thought they'd found their soul mates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenrirDarkWolf View Post
I think I might be gayer than I thought I was...
i.e.
The exact situation you guys were in, but reversed.

Or maybe I'm just 15, horny, and really wanting my boyfriend with me.
Well, that happens to a lot of us. Long distance relationships aren't easy.
__________________

Relevant Advertising!

  #3577    
Old April 10th, 2013 (1:48 PM).
Legobricks's Avatar
Legobricks Legobricks is offline
     
    Join Date: Oct 2006
    Nature: Serious
    Posts: 7,764
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
    It's kinda like when I tell a new friend I'm lesbian. They usually say something like 'wait so girls are attractive to you?' "yep" 'soo you like girls.' "yep" 'how bout that one' "not necessarily all girls" 'or that one' "um" and they just point out girls because they assume I think every dang girl is cute. At least that's the kind of weird talk I get.
    I once got "does being asexual mean you're actually bi?".
    The question is actually quite reasonable; in the same way that one isn't necessarily completely hetero/homo/etc., one isn't necessarily completely asexual.


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Somniac View Post
    Actually, banging anyone you want without having to worry about it is the best part about being bi.
    That makes me sound like a bad person. I'm completely monogamous, I swear.
    Nothing wrong with polyamory, provided the consent of all participants.
      #3578    
    Old April 10th, 2013 (3:28 PM).
    Melody Melody is offline
    Banned
       
      Join Date: Oct 2004
      Location: Cuddling those close to me
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Naughty
      Posts: 6,467
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
      I once got "does being asexual mean you're actually bi?".
      The question is actually quite reasonable; in the same way that one isn't necessarily completely hetero/homo/etc., one isn't necessarily completely asexual.



      Nothing wrong with polyamory, provided the consent of all participants.
      Wow. That's a new one. Confusing Bisexual with Asexual?

      But bisexuality has some weird and very unfair stereotypes unfortunately...like people jump straight into thinking we're polyamorous, when that couldn't be further from the truth. Same goes for Pansexual too, except you get some even stupider assumptions, sometimes couched as jokes. X3
        #3579    
      Old April 10th, 2013 (5:57 PM).
      XIII's Avatar
      XIII XIII is offline
      don't you remember?
       
      Join Date: May 2011
      Age: 19
      Posts: 1,830
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Pachy View Post
      Wow. That's a new one. Confusing Bisexual with Asexual?

      But bisexuality has some weird and very unfair stereotypes unfortunately...like people jump straight into thinking we're polyamorous, when that couldn't be further from the truth. Same goes for Pansexual too, except you get some even stupider assumptions, sometimes couched as jokes. X3
      Speaking of pansexual..

      I am not trying to offend anyone here, but really, it seems like a lot of people use pansexual when they are bi just to sound more sophisticated.
      __________________
      let's meet again
      in the next life
      (tumblr)
        #3580    
      Old April 10th, 2013 (6:28 PM). Edited April 10th, 2013 by Melody.
      Melody Melody is offline
      Banned
         
        Join Date: Oct 2004
        Location: Cuddling those close to me
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Naughty
        Posts: 6,467
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
        Speaking of pansexual..

        I am not trying to offend anyone here, but really, it seems like a lot of people use pansexual when they are bi just to sound more sophisticated.
        No. Common misconception. Pansexual is simply accepting of all gender identities, be they binary or not. Bisexual implies that you stick to the binary adhering folks.
          #3581    
        Old April 10th, 2013 (8:30 PM).
        Alice's Avatar
        Alice Alice is offline
        (>^.(>0.0)>
         
        Join Date: Mar 2009
        Location: Oregon
        Age: 26
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Careful
        Posts: 3,079
        I thought pansexual was the same as gender blindness, meaning that you have literally no preference of sex or gender. By your definition I would be pansexual... but I think that's actually closer to being polysexual, isn't it?
          #3582    
        Old April 11th, 2013 (12:44 AM).
        Melody Melody is offline
        Banned
           
          Join Date: Oct 2004
          Location: Cuddling those close to me
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Naughty
          Posts: 6,467
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
          I thought pansexual was the same as gender blindness, meaning that you have literally no preference of sex or gender. By your definition I would be pansexual... but I think that's actually closer to being polysexual, isn't it?
          Basically yes that's what it boils down to in simpler terms.
            #3583    
          Old April 11th, 2013 (3:14 AM).
          Legobricks's Avatar
          Legobricks Legobricks is offline
             
            Join Date: Oct 2006
            Nature: Serious
            Posts: 7,764
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Pachy View Post
            Wow. That's a new one. Confusing Bisexual with Asexual?
            I don't think it was confusing the two, just thinking that liking neither gives me no particular inclination to either sex, ergo if I were sexual I would like both, or perhaps more accurately be pansexual. I had actually pondered this myself before the question came up.
              #3584    
            Old April 11th, 2013 (9:36 AM).
            Esper's Avatar
            Esper Esper is offline
             
            Join Date: Jun 2009
            Location: California
            Posts: 10,753
            When you move into the territory of "if I were actually..." there's a lot of room for confusion between people. It's already complicated enough sometimes explaining to someone.

            Reminds me of that video with the infographics I posted a while back. I really liked how it could convey clearly something rather complicated without watering it down.
            __________________
              #3585    
            Old April 11th, 2013 (10:32 AM).
            Kanzler's Avatar
            Kanzler Kanzler is offline
            naughty biscotti
             
            Join Date: Jul 2008
            Location: Toronto
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 5,917
            I think the distinctions are a bit too technical and nuanced for most people's needs or understanding. I'm not too sure on this, but they may have started out for academic purposes, because social scientists classify and categorize and identify and stuff. It kinda feels sometimes that there's so much emphasis on getting the label right that in the very act of doing it you're making confusion.

            I say forget the labels and just do your own thing.
              #3586    
            Old April 11th, 2013 (2:52 PM).
            Gyardosamped's Avatar
            Gyardosamped Gyardosamped is offline
            entering snake habitat
             
            Join Date: May 2005
            Location: Florida
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Lax
            Posts: 1,464
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by BlahISuck View Post
            I think the distinctions are a bit too technical and nuanced for most people's needs or understanding. I'm not too sure on this, but they may have started out for academic purposes, because social scientists classify and categorize and identify and stuff. It kinda feels sometimes that there's so much emphasis on getting the label right that in the very act of doing it you're making confusion.

            I say forget the labels and just do your own thing.
            I agree. There are so many labels and they're all so confusing as it is, at least to me. I guess that's why the majority of the population only really knows about the major ones (gay, bi, lesbian, etc.) because the other ones are just so complex. :p

            Also, can DOMA just be dropped already! GOSHHHH.

            __________________
              #3587    
            Old April 12th, 2013 (9:17 AM).
            Legobricks's Avatar
            Legobricks Legobricks is offline
               
              Join Date: Oct 2006
              Nature: Serious
              Posts: 7,764
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by BlahISuck View Post
              I say forget the labels and just do your own thing.
              I like labels; it's much easier to say what I am in one or a few words... and that's the point of language, having words for things, conveying ideas, efficiently if possible. Telling someone I'm asexual and leaving it at that conveniently tells them the answer to what their question is ultimately getting at: "no, we probably won't mate". (I'm not saying everyone who asks of another's sexuality is pointedly out to mate with them, though — it just becomes a reference point in case the matter should become relevant.) It probably just helps my case that my chosen identity is obscure enough that people don't have any particular assumptions about it.
                #3588    
              Old April 12th, 2013 (11:24 AM).
              Melody Melody is offline
              Banned
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2004
                Location: Cuddling those close to me
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Naughty
                Posts: 6,467
                Labels when applied properly and used in the correct context oftentimes do serve a function. But one must be aware of the potential interpretations of the label and sometimes it is necessary to explain something to discourage a misunderstanding.
                  #3589    
                Old April 12th, 2013 (12:30 PM).
                Kanzler's Avatar
                Kanzler Kanzler is offline
                naughty biscotti
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2008
                Location: Toronto
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 5,917
                Labels apply clarity, that's for sure. But people's identities, biologies, and behaviour occur along a spectrum. So while labels are convenient for you, it might be inconvenient to someone - even with a similar experience - because they feel boxed in by a single word. My experience, fortunately enough, can be explained on the binary and is stable but labels imply stability. If a person has an orientation that moves around I don't think that a prefix-sexual would be very useful to them.




                Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
                  #3590    
                Old April 12th, 2013 (1:55 PM).
                Kiriyuuki Kasuna's Avatar
                Kiriyuuki Kasuna Kiriyuuki Kasuna is offline
                <b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Meaning</font></i></b>
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2012
                Location: Toronto, Canada
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Adamant
                Posts: 393
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
                I once got "does being asexual mean you're actually bi?".
                The question is actually quite reasonable; in the same way that one isn't necessarily completely hetero/homo/etc., one isn't necessarily completely asexual.



                Nothing wrong with polyamory, provided the consent of all participants.

                Wow first, it's been so long since my intro post here, gotta be up in dem times!

                And 2nd,

                Asexual means that you are not attracted to either sex, sexually and romantically , but you can still have a crush on either sex though.

                Bisexual means simply that you are attracted to both sex, sexually and romantically. It goes towards both looks and personality of the person, and at times you can fall in love and have a crush on both sex at the same time too.




                @Pachy: YAY ZOMG!!! :D I know you posted 1 week ago, but, I'm still really proud of you and am happy for you girl! ^_^ <3


                Lastly, LABELS ARE FOR SQUARES!~
                __________________
                " I Want You to Need me, could you do that for me? "

                ~Mei Aihara, CITRUS BY SABURO UTA


                Partner N'Crime
                BATTLE SERVER!
                PC Family
                Pair(s)
                THE UNDERGROUND
                  #3591    
                Old April 12th, 2013 (3:55 PM).
                FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
                FenrirDarkWolf FenrirDarkWolf is offline
                Water Musician Fenrir
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2013
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quirky
                  Posts: 140
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Twihiki_Amias View Post
                  Bisexual means simply that you are attracted to both sex, sexually and romantically. It goes towards both looks and personality of the person, and at times you can fall in love and have a crush on both sex at the same time too.
                  I know how that feels.
                  I once fell for a guy, and his younger sister...
                  __________________

                  http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
                  On AAO
                  On DeviantArt
                  On FurAffinity
                    #3592    
                  Old April 12th, 2013 (4:18 PM).
                  Gyardosamped's Avatar
                  Gyardosamped Gyardosamped is offline
                  entering snake habitat
                   
                  Join Date: May 2005
                  Location: Florida
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Lax
                  Posts: 1,464
                  I've always wondered how it feels to be bisexual. I just can't/don't feel any physical or romantic attraction towards females (no offense to females.. you're all beautiful <3) at all, even if I tried.

                  I just can't imagine liking both sexes. That'd be too hectic for me lol.
                  __________________
                    #3593    
                  Old April 12th, 2013 (4:26 PM). Edited April 12th, 2013 by Alice.
                  Alice's Avatar
                  Alice Alice is offline
                  (>^.(>0.0)>
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2009
                  Location: Oregon
                  Age: 26
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Careful
                  Posts: 3,079
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Gyardosamped View Post
                  I've always wondered how it feels to be bisexual. I just can't/don't feel any physical or romantic attraction towards females (no offense to females.. you're all beautiful <3) at all, even if I tried.

                  I just can't imagine liking both sexes. That'd be too hectic for me lol.
                  I can't imagine being limited to just one... seems so dull, lol. Although I tried really hard to limit myself to just one for most of my life... even after accepting that I liked guys, I assumed I was gay and tried to stop liking girls.

                  There are specific features of each sex that I like though, I don't really like 100% of both sexes... without going into too much pointless detail, I'd say that I generally prefer the personality and sexy parts of guys, and the figure, long hair, lack of body hair, and most other features of girls. That's why I like trans people... for me a combination is actually preferred. Not sure if that's the case with other bisexuals(or polysexuals, or w/e you want to call it. I don't really care about the label anymore. lol)
                    #3594    
                  Old April 12th, 2013 (4:45 PM).
                  Kanzler's Avatar
                  Kanzler Kanzler is offline
                  naughty biscotti
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2008
                  Location: Toronto
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 5,917
                  The aversion straight men have for gay love is kind of similar to the aversion gay men have for straight love. And same for the ladies. And by love I mean sexual expression, but I wanted to keep it PG and hopefully I'm not self-censoring too hard.

                  I really do feel that if your orientation is exclusive to one sex, the other sex is just ... unnerving and would cause anxiety if you were forced to experience it and couldn't get away.

                  Is it okay if I ask a question about non-sexual bodily functions? I know there's a PG clause but I'd like to get clearance from you the people first :P
                    #3595    
                  Old April 12th, 2013 (4:58 PM).
                  Gyardosamped's Avatar
                  Gyardosamped Gyardosamped is offline
                  entering snake habitat
                   
                  Join Date: May 2005
                  Location: Florida
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Lax
                  Posts: 1,464
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
                  I can't imagine being limited to just one... seems so dull, lol. Although I tried really hard to limit myself to just one for most of my life... even after accepting that I liked guys, I assumed I was gay and tried to stop liking girls.

                  There are specific features of each sex that I like though, I don't really like 100% of both sexes... without going into too much pointless detail, I'd say that I generally prefer the personality and sexy parts of guys, and the figure, long hair, lack of body hair, and most other features of girls. That's why I like trans people... for me a combination is actually preferred. Not sure if that's the case with other bisexuals(or polysexuals, or w/e you want to call it. I don't really care about the label anymore. lol)
                  I remember my high school psychology teacher once mentioned that she didn't think bisexuality was a sexuality at all. She thought all people who say they're bisexual are just confused with who they like, and looking back at it now, she really did say it so nonchalantly (it could have been offensive to anyone who was bisexual in the class). I agreed with her in some aspect because I've never experienced that feeling of liking both sexes and I can't even imagine me liking both sexes, but at the same time, that's like a heterosexual explaining what it's like to be gay (they've obviously never experienced it, so they don't know what it's like).

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by BlahISuck View Post
                  The aversion straight men have for gay love is kind of similar to the aversion gay men have for straight love. And same for the ladies. And by love I mean sexual expression, but I wanted to keep it PG and hopefully I'm not self-censoring too hard.

                  I really do feel that if your orientation is exclusive to one sex, the other sex is just ... unnerving and would cause anxiety if you were forced to experience it and couldn't get away.

                  Is it okay if I ask a question about non-sexual bodily functions? I know there's a PG clause but I'd like to get clearance from you the people first :P
                  I guess that as long as it doesn't sound offensive, it's fine. Like QK said, there are a lot of things that have been posted here that wouldn't be considered PG. :p
                  __________________
                    #3596    
                  Old April 12th, 2013 (5:15 PM).
                  FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
                  FenrirDarkWolf FenrirDarkWolf is offline
                  Water Musician Fenrir
                     
                    Join Date: Feb 2013
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quirky
                    Posts: 140
                    When it comes to women, I like the more emotional side to them because we can connect easier, and, when it comes to men, I like the more sexual aspect, and this is not me just being 15 and horny.

                    Me being 15 and horny is me wanting my boyfriend with me, beating up his parents(maybe), and giving him the ride of his life! ;)
                    And then we go into the loving afterglow, exchanging 'I love you~'s and sweet things. We'll go on dates, and have lovey-dovey times and have fun.
                    __________________

                    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
                    On AAO
                    On DeviantArt
                    On FurAffinity
                      #3597    
                    Old April 12th, 2013 (5:22 PM).
                    Kanzler's Avatar
                    Kanzler Kanzler is offline
                    naughty biscotti
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2008
                    Location: Toronto
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 5,917
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by FenrirDarkWolf View Post
                    Me being 15 and horny is me wanting my boyfriend with me, beating up his parents(maybe), and giving him the ride of his life! ;)
                    And then we go into the loving afterglow, exchanging 'I love you~'s and sweet things. We'll go on dates, and have lovey-dovey times and have fun.
                    Goshdarn you youthful libertine types, making me feel so inadequate XD

                    How do you perceive the body odour of the gender you're attracted/not attracted to?
                      #3598    
                    Old April 12th, 2013 (5:43 PM).
                    Gyardosamped's Avatar
                    Gyardosamped Gyardosamped is offline
                    entering snake habitat
                     
                    Join Date: May 2005
                    Location: Florida
                    Age: 24
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Lax
                    Posts: 1,464
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by BlahISuck View Post
                    Goshdarn you youthful libertine types, making me feel so inadequate XD

                    How do you perceive the body odour of the gender you're attracted/not attracted to?
                    If a guy has a bad body odor protruding from his armpits specifically, because that's the most gross smell imo, or from anywhere else on his body, I find that completely disgusting, lol, although I find good-looking, sweaty guys attractive (from a distance, because sweat obviously makes you smell). Also, I like when guys wear cologne, although I don't wear any myself. That goes for both sexes. I like the smell of women's fragrances better than men's, but yeah.

                    Honestly, when I'm with someone, whether it be male or female, I don't really take smell into account unless there's an obvious (bad) odor coming from them. Other than that, as long as you wear deodorant, I'm fine. :p

                    and just for my babez QuilavaKingz, "BO SUX".
                    __________________
                      #3599    
                    Old April 12th, 2013 (5:44 PM).
                    FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
                    FenrirDarkWolf FenrirDarkWolf is offline
                    Water Musician Fenrir
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2013
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quirky
                      Posts: 140
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by BlahISuck View Post
                      Goshdarn you youthful libertine types, making me feel so inadequate XD

                      How do you perceive the body odour of the gender you're attracted/not attracted to?
                      I'm not sure I understand...
                      Explain?
                      __________________

                      http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
                      On AAO
                      On DeviantArt
                      On FurAffinity
                        #3600    
                      Old April 12th, 2013 (5:56 PM).
                      Kanzler's Avatar
                      Kanzler Kanzler is offline
                      naughty biscotti
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2008
                      Location: Toronto
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 5,917
                      Is there a difference in the way you appraise male vs. female body odours?

                      Like when I smell a certain someone, I get a mental thumbs up. I can't describe it in words - kind of like magnetism. It doesn't "objectively" smell good, as I'd rather be smelling chocolates or strawberries, but there is an attraction and I feel my perception is influenced by my orientation.
                       

                      Quick Reply

                      Join the conversation!

                      Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                      Create a PokéCommunity Account

                      Sponsored Links
                      Thread Tools

                      Posting Rules
                      You may not post new threads
                      You may not post replies
                      You may not post attachments
                      You may not edit your posts

                      BB code is On
                      Smilies are On
                      [IMG] code is On
                      HTML code is Off

                      Forum Jump


                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:23 PM.