• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nick Name Rater.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2013
Pokemon NickName Rater
This is the Place to get your nickname's rated please Follow basic PC rules as well as Nickname rater Format.
Nickname rater Format:
Pokemon: Name of the Pokemon your giving your nickname to.
Nickname: The Nickname for your Pokemon.
Reasons for your nick name: The reason you giving the Nickname
Example:
Pokemon: Dragonite
Nickname: Noodles
Reasons for your nick name: Do I need to explain?
How to reply You will then reply with "RE: Nickname: Noodles" You rate it out of ten and give a reason why.
Example:
RE: Nickname: Noodles, 7/10 Haha brillant nickname noodles I get it but I heard it several times befor.
Follow this format and have fun having your nicknames rated

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't often have to do this, but I think this would be a fun game, as it's not much of a discussion. I'm gonna move this to Pokemon Trivia. :)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
10/10
Knuckles is a nice nickname for a Cyndaquil :)

Pokemon: Dragonite
Nickname: Mellory
Reason: My Dragonite is a female and I like the name Mellory, and my Dragonite just looks like a Mellory haha xP

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
Years
7.5/10
Seems reasonable.

Pokemon: Scyther.
Nickname: Psycho.
Reason: Scyther is a mantis. Psycho Mantis is a character from Metal Gear Solid.

A3R0D4C7YL

Dark Type Master
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
8.8/10
I see what you did there

Alakazam
Hawkings

Stephen Hawkings-Smartest man.
Alakazam-Smartest Poke'mon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
7/10! The name is clever (heh, so punny), but it doesn't naturally suit a Pokémon like Alakazam :(

Pokémon: Roserade
Name: Sakura
Reason: Japanese for 'cherry bush' (I think!), a beautiful name for a beautiful Pokémon ♥

Years
8/10 I likes

Pokemon: Oshawatt
Nickname: Jiro
Reason: Jiro is a famous sushi cheff and oshowatt evolves into Samurott which is like samurai which is japanese like sushi

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
Years
6.6/10.
I don't really get it.

Pokemon: Torterra.
Nickname: ExDeath.
Reason: One of ExDeath's quotes from Dissidia is "TURTLE!". Guess what Torterra is? 8D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Torterra is a duck, right? ;p 6/10 - I like the name and the concept but the source is pretty unknown! Also having two capital letters looks weird to me, sorry. XD

Pokémon: Bidoof
Name: Butters
Reason: Bidoof is so derpy like Butters (South Park!) and it's an awkwardly cute name for an awkwardly cute Pokémon! ♥

droomph

weeb
Years
7/10 I love it! Sounds droopy just like Bidoof :)

Okay this next one is just…something I came up with four or five years ago :p

Mediocre/Medichan

I don't even.

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
4/10
Don't ever underestimate Medicham! XD

Pokemon:Lickilicky
Nickname:Akaname
Why?:There's Demon Folklore in Japan about a monster with a really long tongue.it comes in and cleans a person's bathroom with its tongue at Midnight. its called Akaname,or Grime Licker. I thought it fit Lickilicky,since it has a Long Tongue :P.

Callandor

ughhh....
Years
8/10

Interesting, but kinda gross.

Nickname: Vixie
Pokemon: Vulpix

Reason: Because Vixen is a name for a female fox. Also I use to watch The Fox and the Hound when I was a kid.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
8/10 - great name, I wish I had thought of that one, I also like the movie

one I use a lot, Black2:
Pokemon: Watchog
Nickname: Zaphod
Why?: I heard that is the name of a character from a book (don't know it), got the name from my hours of watching "Meerkat Manor", got attached to that name (also, my other weasel/otter Pokemon I give them names from the same show)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
6/10

It's a nice name for a Pokemon, although I don't really get the reference, so hence the 6 rating =/

Pokemon: Herdier
Nickname: Snappy
Why?: Because Herdier reminds me a lot of my dog named Snappy. Here's a picture of him, so you can judge for yourself.

Snappy:
Spoiler:

Herdier:
Spoiler:

iMor

All Things Ditto
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2013
8/10 - Interesting. I see the resemblance!

Pokemon - Jynx
Nickname - Mrs. Mime
Reason - I know Mr. Mime can be female but let's ignore that for this reason. I can imagine Jynx being a Pokemon wife and female version of Mr. Mime.

Callandor

ughhh....
Years
5/10 It's a good name, but both of those pokemon creep me out, so yeah.

Totodile
Jawesome

Because he is awesome and has big jaws. Also, my Nuzlocke Totodile is named that.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
7/10

I see the pun you inserted.

Pokemon - Cyndaquil
Nickname - Cindy
Reason - Because my Cyndaquil is a female and Cindy fits in with Cyndaquil

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
8/10 - I see the reason (and gives me a great idea for a nickname too) - at first I was thinking of Cindy Campbell from the Scary Movie series.

my White2 team:
Pokemon: Mienfoo
Nickname: Mozart
Reason: two possible ideas, the muscisian, or another of the meerkats in the Animal Planet show "Meerkat Manor" (yeah, I'm a fan of the show)

Last edited:

Callandor

ughhh....
Years
8/10 - I like it. You never see those names anymore.

Cleffa
SweetyBell

The story behind this is when the odd egg hatched in Crystal, for my Nuzlocke, I was having trouble finding a nickname. So my friend suggested Sweety Pie, and because i'm a brony that turned into SweetyBell.

Back