Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #851    
Old April 17th, 2013 (6:09 AM).
GiorgosMih GiorgosMih is offline
     
    Join Date: Apr 2013
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 3
    Is there any script that makes a sprite follow the player?
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #852    
    Old April 17th, 2013 (2:36 PM).
    Shadowraze's Avatar
    Shadowraze Shadowraze is offline
    ur mum
       
      Join Date: Apr 2013
      Location: ur mum
      Age: 18
      Gender: Other
      Nature: Lonely
      Posts: 798
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by GiorgosMih View Post
      Is there any script that makes a sprite follow the player?
      Yes, you can just use an applymovement script. Make the script just like the players applymovement.

      Though if you're talking about following you like in Pokemon Yellow then no. I don't think you can.
      Reply With Quote
        #853    
      Old April 18th, 2013 (12:26 AM).
      Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
      Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
      Memento Mori
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2008
      Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
      Age: 24
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 14,467
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Shadowraze View Post
      Though if you're talking about following you like in Pokemon Yellow then no. I don't think you can.
      Jambo did it... he never finished the routine completely yet, though...
      __________________
      ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

      Anime List | PSN Trophy List
      Reply With Quote
        #854    
      Old April 18th, 2013 (1:39 AM).
      Shadowraze's Avatar
      Shadowraze Shadowraze is offline
      ur mum
         
        Join Date: Apr 2013
        Location: ur mum
        Age: 18
        Gender: Other
        Nature: Lonely
        Posts: 798
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
        Jambo did it... he never finished the routine completely yet, though...
        I know that. But I do think he said something that completing the routine is almost near impossible. :3
        Reply With Quote
          #855    
        Old April 18th, 2013 (9:12 AM).
        GiorgosMih GiorgosMih is offline
           
          Join Date: Apr 2013
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 3
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Shadowraze View Post
          I know that. But I do think he said something that completing the routine is almost near impossible. :3
          Well, I meant following like in Pokemon Yellow. I know it is almost impossible, but there should be a way. I mean if it was possible in Yellow, then it should be also in FR. Anyway, is there any way I can see that Jambo's script?
          Reply With Quote
            #856    
          Old April 18th, 2013 (9:17 AM).
          Banjora Marxvile's Avatar
          Banjora Marxvile Banjora Marxvile is offline
          hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
             
            Join Date: May 2008
            Age: 23
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Bashful
            Posts: 3,487
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by GiorgosMih View Post
            Well, I meant following like in Pokemon Yellow. I know it is almost impossible, but there should be a way. I mean if it was possible in Yellow, then it should be also in FR. Anyway, is there any way I can see that Jambo's script?
            Incorrect, just because something was in a past game doesn't mean it's possible in other games. It kind of is possible, but it's really buggy, and Jambo as far as I know never released his version of the script to the public as it was buggy.
            __________________


            Temmie vibrates intensely.

            awwAwa cute!! (pets u)

            OMG!! humans TOO CUTE (dies)

            can't blame a BARK for tryin'...

            RATED TEM OUTTA TEM.

            Reply With Quote
              #857    
            Old April 18th, 2013 (9:43 AM).
            GiorgosMih GiorgosMih is offline
               
              Join Date: Apr 2013
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 3
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post
              Incorrect, just because something was in a past game doesn't mean it's possible in other games. It kind of is possible, but it's really buggy, and Jambo as far as I know never released his version of the script to the public as it was buggy.
              Well, ok. I think i'll try to make an applymovement for the player and the sprite, then.
              Reply With Quote
                #858    
              Old April 18th, 2013 (7:26 PM).
              PiplupGHacker's Avatar
              PiplupGHacker PiplupGHacker is offline
              Keeping the dream alive.
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2007
                Location: New Lenox, IL
                Age: 20
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Lonely
                Posts: 125
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by PiplupGHacker View Post
                (insert patrick I love you here, image was enormous so I just removed it)

                Once again, I apologize for the idiocy. Had a feeling it was something stupid like that ._.
                Thanks soo much though xD.

                EDIT: Welp. Moar problems. Textbox won't open at all when I talked to him. This happened at first when I did the other one too, so I just assigned the script to someone else. Gonna try that but, thought I'd say that oddly enough after compiling the script shows up like this(could just be that it automatically shorthanded it or something):
                Spoiler:

                '-----------------------
                #org 0xB339A5
                checkflag 0x828
                if 0x1 goto 0x8B33A06
                msgbox 0x8B33A0F '"Hello.\nSorry to trouble you.\nI ca..."
                compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                if 0x1 goto 0x8B339C8
                msgbox 0x8B33A70 '"That's okay.\pI'm sure someone else..."
                release
                end

                '-----------------------
                #org 0xB33A06
                msgbox 0x8B33B18 '"Are you taking good care\nof Axew?"
                release
                end

                '-----------------------
                #org 0xB339C8
                givepokemon 0x262 0x12 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                fanfare 0x13E
                msgbox 0x8B33AA4 '" blackkfrrYou received an Axew!"
                waitfanfare
                closeonkeypress
                setflag 0x828
                msgbox 0x8B33AC5 '" blackkfrrWould you like to give a\..."
                compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                if 0x1 call 0x8B339FF
                msgbox 0x8B33AFC '"Please take care of\nAxew."
                release
                end

                '-----------------------
                #org 0xB339FF
                call 0x81A74EB
                return

                '-----------------------
                #org 0x1A74EB
                fadescreen 0x1
                special 0x9E
                waitstate
                return


                '---------
                ' Strings
                '---------
                #org 0xB33A0F
                = Hello.\nSorry to trouble you.\nI can't take care\nof my Axew.\pCan you take care of\nit for me?

                #org 0xB33A70
                = That's okay.\pI'm sure someone else will\ntake it.

                #org 0xB33B18
                = Are you taking good care\nof Axew?

                #org 0xB33AA4
                = blackkfrrYou received an Axew!

                #org 0xB33AC5
                = blackkfrrWould you like to give a\nnickname to Axew?

                #org 0xB33AFC
                = Please take care of\nAxew.


                EDIT2: Put it to girl next to the gym who talks about Clefairys, same thing happens. Error in my script?
                Can I get some help with this?
                My birthdays tomorrow and I want to get this shiz to work >.>
                __________________
                Click above for my collab YouTube Let's Play channel!
                Featuring games like Pokemon SoulSilver, Mystery Dungeon, and Persona 3: FES!
                Reply With Quote
                  #859    
                Old April 18th, 2013 (7:54 PM).
                BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
                BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2012
                  Age: 19
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quirky
                  Posts: 534
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PiplupGHacker View Post
                  Can I get some help with this?
                  My birthdays tomorrow and I want to get this shiz to work >.>
                  Happy Birthday!
                  Code:
                  #dynamic 0xB00000
                  
                  #org @start
                  lock
                  faceplayer
                  checkflag 0x828
                  if 0x1 goto @done
                  msgbox @1 0x5
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                  if 0x1 goto @take
                  msgbox @2 0x6
                  release
                  end
                  
                  #org @take
                  givepokemon 0x262 0x12 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                  fanfare 0x13E
                  textcolor 0x02
                  msgbox @3 0x4
                  waitfanfare
                  closeonkeypress
                  textcolor 0x02
                  msgbox @4 0x5
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                  if 0x1 gosub @name
                  msgbox @5 0x6
                  release
                  end
                  
                  #org @name
                  call 0x1A74EB
                  return
                  
                  #org @done
                  msgbox @6 0x6
                  release
                  end
                  
                  #org @1
                  = Hello.\nSorry to trouble you.\nI can't take care\nof my Axew.\pCan you take care of\nit for me?
                  
                  #org @2
                  = That's okay.\pI'm sure someone else will\ntake it.
                  
                  #org @3
                  = You received an Axew!
                  
                  #org @4
                  = Would you like to give a\nnickname to Axew?
                  
                  #org @5
                  = Please take care of\nAxew.
                  
                  #org @6
                  = Are you taking good care\nof Axew?
                  Note: You should have just modified the givepokemon script on the first page.

                  And if it still doesn't work, update your XSE to 1.1.1 or just use Gamre2020's Unofficial XSE in his Toolbox.
                  __________________

                  Reply With Quote
                    #860    
                  Old April 18th, 2013 (9:14 PM).
                  PiplupGHacker's Avatar
                  PiplupGHacker PiplupGHacker is offline
                  Keeping the dream alive.
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2007
                    Location: New Lenox, IL
                    Age: 20
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Lonely
                    Posts: 125
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
                    Happy Birthday!
                    Code:
                    #dynamic 0xB00000
                    
                    #org @start
                    lock
                    faceplayer
                    checkflag 0x828
                    if 0x1 goto @done
                    msgbox @1 0x5
                    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                    if 0x1 goto @take
                    msgbox @2 0x6
                    release
                    end
                    
                    #org @take
                    givepokemon 0x262 0x12 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                    fanfare 0x13E
                    textcolor 0x02
                    msgbox @3 0x4
                    waitfanfare
                    closeonkeypress
                    textcolor 0x02
                    msgbox @4 0x5
                    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                    if 0x1 gosub @name
                    msgbox @5 0x6
                    release
                    end
                    
                    #org @name
                    call 0x1A74EB
                    return
                    
                    #org @done
                    msgbox @6 0x6
                    release
                    end
                    
                    #org @1
                    = Hello.\nSorry to trouble you.\nI can't take care\nof my Axew.\pCan you take care of\nit for me?
                    
                    #org @2
                    = That's okay.\pI'm sure someone else will\ntake it.
                    
                    #org @3
                    = You received an Axew!
                    
                    #org @4
                    = Would you like to give a\nnickname to Axew?
                    
                    #org @5
                    = Please take care of\nAxew.
                    
                    #org @6
                    = Are you taking good care\nof Axew?
                    Note: You should have just modified the givepokemon script on the first page.

                    And if it still doesn't work, update your XSE to 1.1.1 or just use Gamre2020's Unofficial XSE in his Toolbox.

                    Oh, lawdy. First of all, thankies! Secondly, turns out I had a super old version of XSE or something, so I downloaded the unofficial and seemed to have made some progress. Now he actually talks to me! Whoo! Only problem is he just says "Are you taking care of Axew?" and I haven't even received it yet ._. is it because this flag is already used or something?
                    __________________
                    Click above for my collab YouTube Let's Play channel!
                    Featuring games like Pokemon SoulSilver, Mystery Dungeon, and Persona 3: FES!
                    Reply With Quote
                      #861    
                    Old April 18th, 2013 (9:20 PM).
                    Shadowraze's Avatar
                    Shadowraze Shadowraze is offline
                    ur mum
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2013
                      Location: ur mum
                      Age: 18
                      Gender: Other
                      Nature: Lonely
                      Posts: 798
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by PiplupGHacker View Post
                      Oh, lawdy. First of all, thankies! Secondly, turns out I had a super old version of XSE or something, so I downloaded the unofficial and seemed to have made some progress. Now he actually talks to me! Whoo! Only problem is he just says "Are you taking care of Axew?" and I haven't even received it yet ._. is it because this flag is already used or something?
                      It's because you didn't put setflag 0x828 in the script. You may have received Axew although the Pokemon menu isn't showing.

                      Just put setflag 0x828 at the end of your script.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #862    
                      Old April 19th, 2013 (4:55 AM).
                      PiplupGHacker's Avatar
                      PiplupGHacker PiplupGHacker is offline
                      Keeping the dream alive.
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2007
                        Location: New Lenox, IL
                        Age: 20
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Lonely
                        Posts: 125
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Shadowraze View Post
                        It's because you didn't put setflag 0x828 in the script. You may have received Axew although the Pokemon menu isn't showing.

                        Just put setflag 0x828 at the end of your script.
                        Still didn't work after I did this. However, I changed the flag it checks and sets to 0x777. Any problem this is gonna cause in the future? Because it now works. And could I have a list of flags that I can use, or can I just put in any number?
                        __________________
                        Click above for my collab YouTube Let's Play channel!
                        Featuring games like Pokemon SoulSilver, Mystery Dungeon, and Persona 3: FES!
                        Reply With Quote
                          #863    
                        Old April 19th, 2013 (1:19 PM).
                        Shadowraze's Avatar
                        Shadowraze Shadowraze is offline
                        ur mum
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2013
                          Location: ur mum
                          Age: 18
                          Gender: Other
                          Nature: Lonely
                          Posts: 798
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by PiplupGHacker View Post
                          Still didn't work after I did this. However, I changed the flag it checks and sets to 0x777. Any problem this is gonna cause in the future? Because it now works. And could I have a list of flags that I can use, or can I just put in any number?
                          There is a list of flags at the first post check it.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #864    
                          Old April 20th, 2013 (3:43 AM).
                          AtecainCorp.'s Avatar
                          AtecainCorp. AtecainCorp. is offline
                          Rejishan awake...
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2008
                            Location: Takoabe Town (Region Thonsu)
                            Age: 24
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Hardy
                            Posts: 1,241
                            Can you help me? I want add the new Pokemon Trade offset. I need to add extra one than three existing Trades in Pokemon Ruby. My task is add an trade your Mankey for Leafeon <Added to empty place holder> Can you help me with making script of trade?
                            __________________
                            - My new Project comming Soon
                            Reply With Quote
                              #865    
                            Old April 20th, 2013 (7:28 AM).
                            Eren Jaeger's Avatar
                            Eren Jaeger Eren Jaeger is offline
                            Pianoist
                               
                              Join Date: Apr 2013
                              Location: EARTH
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Serious
                              Posts: 154
                              Hey diego would you mind checking on this script?

                              Spoiler:
                              #dynamic 0x800000

                              #org @start
                              checkflag 0x828
                              lock
                              faceplayer
                              textcolor 0x00
                              if 0x1 goto @done
                              playsong 0x12E 0x0
                              applymovement 0x04 @move
                              applymovement 0xFF @move2
                              msgbox @hi 0x6
                              if 0x0 goto @start1
                              release
                              end

                              #org @start1
                              if 0x1 goto @done
                              showpokepic 0x1 0x0A 0x03
                              msgbox @1 0x5
                              compare 0x800D 0x0001
                              hidepokepic
                              if 0x0 goto @start2
                              givepokemon 0x1 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                              fanfare 0x13E
                              waitfanfare
                              closeonkeypress
                              msgbox @have 0x6
                              setflag 0x828
                              release
                              end

                              #org @start2
                              if 0x1 goto @done
                              showpokepic 0x4 0x0A 0x03
                              msgbox @2 0x5
                              compare 0x800D 0x0001
                              hidepokepic
                              if 0x0 goto @start3
                              givepokemon 0x4 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                              fanfare 0x13E
                              waitfanfare
                              closeonkeypress
                              msgbox @have 0x6
                              setflag 0x828
                              release
                              end

                              #org @start3
                              if 0x1 goto @done
                              showpokepic 0x7 0x0A 0x03
                              msgbox @3 0x5
                              hidepokepic
                              compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                              if 0x0 goto @start1
                              givepokemon 0x7 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                              fanfare 0x13E
                              waitfanfare
                              closeonkeypress
                              msgbox @have 0x6
                              setflag 0x828
                              release
                              end

                              #org @done
                              msgbox @have 0x6
                              if 0x1 goto @door
                              setflag 828
                              release
                              end

                              #org @door
                              applymovement 0xFF @move3
                              setdooropened 0x23 0x0A
                              doorchange
                              applymovement 0x04 @move4
                              setdoorclosed 0x23 0x0A
                              doorchange

                              #org @move
                              #raw 0x61
                              #raw 0x13
                              #raw 0x13
                              #raw 0x13
                              #raw 0x13
                              #raw 0x13
                              #raw 0x13
                              #raw 0x13
                              #raw 0xFE

                              #org @move2
                              #raw 0x2
                              #raw 0x62
                              #raw 0xFE

                              #org @move3
                              #raw 0x10
                              #raw 0x1

                              #org @move4
                              #raw 0x61
                              #raw 0x13
                              #raw 0x5
                              #raw 0x60

                              #org @hi
                              = Prof:Oak: Hello! First kid I met today! \nI came from the kanto region \nand I'm visiting my new lab here! \pSo what's your name lad? \n... ... ... ... ... ... ... \pI see! [Player]! Hey I'm giving out \nPOK\h1AMON today! \pWhy? It's my first visit! \nfirst visit! new people! \pWell [Player]! Do you know? \nIt's your luckiest day! \pBecause I'm giving you this \nThree POK\h1Aballs containing POK\h1AMON! \lBut be sure to take care \nof this POK\h1AMON you'll choose! \pThey're very rare [Player]! \nSo are you ready?!
                              #org @1
                              = Here! Choose! \nWould you like a BULBASAUR?

                              #org @2
                              = How about a CHARMANDER?

                              #org @3
                              = Maybe a SQUIRTLE?

                              #org @have
                              = Good Choice [Player]! \nI'll be expecting something \pmore from you! and.. \nNice to meet you [Player]! \pI'll be going! Bye!


                              It's hanging when the door opens then closed. What should I do?!
                              __________________
                              Music is art
                              Reply With Quote
                                #866    
                              Old April 21st, 2013 (4:40 AM).
                              yozzyurubuza's Avatar
                              yozzyurubuza yozzyurubuza is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Aug 2011
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 15
                                Sometimes when I'm inserting/changing scripts/events, after saving it, my game messes up even though I inserted the scripts correctly. Is it normal for me to experience this?
                                Btw, I'm hacking pokemon emerald.
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #867    
                                Old April 21st, 2013 (4:59 AM).
                                BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
                                BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Sep 2012
                                  Age: 19
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Quirky
                                  Posts: 534
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by yozzyurubuza View Post
                                  Sometimes when I'm inserting/changing scripts/events, after saving it, my game messes up even though I inserted the scripts correctly. Is it normal for me to experience this?
                                  Btw, I'm hacking pokemon emerald.
                                  Use the Unofficial XSE Gamer2020 recently released. That one doesn't mess up Pokemon Emerald.
                                  __________________

                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #868    
                                  Old April 21st, 2013 (8:57 AM). Edited April 21st, 2013 by yozzyurubuza.
                                  yozzyurubuza's Avatar
                                  yozzyurubuza yozzyurubuza is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Aug 2011
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 15
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
                                    Use the Unofficial XSE Gamer2020 recently released. That one doesn't mess up Pokemon Emerald.
                                    Thank you for the quick reply, I've downloaded it and gonna try it for a while.

                                    Can someone check this pleeeeaasse?

                                    Spoiler:
                                    '---------------
                                    #org 0xE3DE89
                                    lockall
                                    applymovement 0x19 0x8E3DEC2
                                    waitmovement 0x0
                                    msgbox 0x8E3DEC6 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"You can't pass here."
                                    closeonkeypress
                                    applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8E3DEDD
                                    waitmovement 0x0
                                    applymovement 0x19 0x8E3DEC2
                                    applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8E3DEC2
                                    waitmovement 0x0
                                    applymovement 0x19 0x8E3DEE0
                                    waitmovement 0x0
                                    gotostd 0x8


                                    '---------
                                    ' Strings
                                    '---------
                                    #org 0xE3DEC6
                                    = You can't pass here.


                                    '-----------
                                    ' Movements
                                    '-----------
                                    #org 0xE3DEC2
                                    #raw 0x8 'Step Down (Normal)
                                    #raw 0x8 'Step Down (Normal)
                                    #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

                                    #org 0xE3DEDD
                                    #raw 0x0 'Face Down
                                    #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

                                    #org 0xE3DEE0
                                    #raw 0x9 'Step Up (Normal)
                                    #raw 0x9 'Step Up (Normal)
                                    #raw 0x9 'Step Up (Normal)
                                    #raw 0x9 'Step Up (Normal)
                                    #raw 0x0 'Face Down
                                    #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements


                                    I kept on getting that gotostd 0x8 when I change it to anything. It's suppose to be releaseall,end.
                                    Is there anything wrong in my script?
                                    It is a script event in pokemon emerald.

                                    The gotostd 0x8 activates the registration of the person to the pokenav.
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #869    
                                    Old April 21st, 2013 (1:39 PM).
                                    Shadowraze's Avatar
                                    Shadowraze Shadowraze is offline
                                    ur mum
                                       
                                      Join Date: Apr 2013
                                      Location: ur mum
                                      Age: 18
                                      Gender: Other
                                      Nature: Lonely
                                      Posts: 798
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by yozzyurubuza View Post
                                      Thank you for the quick reply, I've downloaded it and gonna try it for a while.

                                      Can someone check this pleeeeaasse?

                                      Spoiler:
                                      '---------------
                                      #org 0xE3DE89
                                      lockall
                                      applymovement 0x19 0x8E3DEC2
                                      waitmovement 0x0
                                      msgbox 0x8E3DEC6 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"You can't pass here."
                                      closeonkeypress
                                      applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8E3DEDD
                                      waitmovement 0x0
                                      applymovement 0x19 0x8E3DEC2
                                      applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8E3DEC2
                                      waitmovement 0x0
                                      applymovement 0x19 0x8E3DEE0
                                      waitmovement 0x0
                                      gotostd 0x8


                                      '---------
                                      ' Strings
                                      '---------
                                      #org 0xE3DEC6
                                      = You can't pass here.


                                      '-----------
                                      ' Movements
                                      '-----------
                                      #org 0xE3DEC2
                                      #raw 0x8 'Step Down (Normal)
                                      #raw 0x8 'Step Down (Normal)
                                      #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

                                      #org 0xE3DEDD
                                      #raw 0x0 'Face Down
                                      #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

                                      #org 0xE3DEE0
                                      #raw 0x9 'Step Up (Normal)
                                      #raw 0x9 'Step Up (Normal)
                                      #raw 0x9 'Step Up (Normal)
                                      #raw 0x9 'Step Up (Normal)
                                      #raw 0x0 'Face Down
                                      #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements


                                      I kept on getting that gotostd 0x8 when I change it to anything. It's suppose to be releaseall,end.
                                      Is there anything wrong in my script?
                                      It is a script event in pokemon emerald.

                                      The gotostd 0x8 activates the registration of the person to the pokenav.
                                      Try repointing the offsets by naming them again with @script, @script2 and such. Then compile it and see if it works.
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #870    
                                      Old April 22nd, 2013 (5:31 AM).
                                      yozzyurubuza's Avatar
                                      yozzyurubuza yozzyurubuza is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Aug 2011
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 15
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Shadowraze View Post
                                        Try repointing the offsets by naming them again with @script, @script2 and such. Then compile it and see if it works.
                                        Thanks alot! I got it changed now.
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #871    
                                        Old April 22nd, 2013 (8:36 PM).
                                        destinedjagold's Avatar
                                        destinedjagold destinedjagold is offline
                                        Oh Hai Thar~
                                        • Silver Tier
                                         
                                        Join Date: May 2007
                                        Location: Philippines
                                        Age: 26
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Careful
                                        Posts: 8,512
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by kaedearagaki View Post
                                        Hey diego would you mind checking on this script?

                                        Spoiler:
                                        #dynamic 0x800000

                                        #org @start
                                        checkflag 0x828 <-- place this in error 1
                                        lock
                                        faceplayer
                                        textcolor 0x00
                                        [error 1]
                                        if 0x1 goto @done
                                        playsong 0x12E 0x0
                                        applymovement 0x04 @move
                                        applymovement 0xFF @move2
                                        [error 2]
                                        msgbox @hi 0x6
                                        [error 3]
                                        if 0x0 goto @start1 <-- I would assume that this is still under your [checkflag 0x828] command.
                                        release
                                        end
                                        I am not going to fix your script. It's up to you to do so, however, I will try and help you understand your common mistakes.
                                        Corrections and notes are under your SPOILER tag.
                                        Hopefully, this'll help you avoid the mistakes in the future.

                                        Explanation is under here...
                                        Spoiler:
                                        error 1 - commands [lock] and [faceplayer] are generally located at the first lines of the script. also, the command [checkflag] should always be followed by the [if] command.
                                        error 2 - an [applymovement] code, or a group of [applymovement] codes should always be followed by [waitmovement x] code, where the x is either 0 or the person number of an NPC moving.
                                        error 3 - you need to place your [checkflag] command here again, since your [if] statement has nothing to compare with.


                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by kaedearagaki View Post
                                        It's hanging when the door opens then closed. What should I do?!
                                        That is because you didn't properly end your script. The address [door] lacks the codes [release] and [end], and other things if you plan on adding a few more after that.
                                        __________________


                                        FC: 0061-1111-6462
                                        TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #872    
                                        Old April 23rd, 2013 (8:40 PM).
                                        Eren Jaeger's Avatar
                                        Eren Jaeger Eren Jaeger is offline
                                        Pianoist
                                           
                                          Join Date: Apr 2013
                                          Location: EARTH
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Serious
                                          Posts: 154
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
                                          I am not going to fix your script. It's up to you to do so, however, I will try and help you understand your common mistakes.
                                          Corrections and notes are under your SPOILER tag.
                                          Hopefully, this'll help you avoid the mistakes in the future.

                                          Explanation is under here...
                                          Spoiler:
                                          error 1 - commands [lock] and [faceplayer] are generally located at the first lines of the script. also, the command [checkflag] should always be followed by the [if] command.
                                          error 2 - an [applymovement] code, or a group of [applymovement] codes should always be followed by [waitmovement x] code, where the x is either 0 or the person number of an NPC moving.
                                          error 3 - you need to place your [checkflag] command here again, since your [if] statement has nothing to compare with.




                                          That is because you didn't properly end your script. The address [door] lacks the codes [release] and [end], and other things if you plan on adding a few more after that.
                                          Man.. this is so confusing.. O_O but anyways, thanks!
                                          __________________
                                          Music is art
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #873    
                                          Old April 29th, 2013 (4:56 PM).
                                          HidoranBlaze's Avatar
                                          HidoranBlaze HidoranBlaze is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Apr 2013
                                            Age: 21
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 253
                                            thanks for the awesome guide!
                                            oh and can i ask a question?
                                            i'm trying to edit the champion's script in pokemon emerald using xse
                                            how would you do that? i can't open the script using advanced map
                                            i've tried opening the map script using header but all i'm getting is a bunch of setvar
                                            can you help me? and could you explain setvar again (sorry i'm a noob and i'm a visual learner)
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #874    
                                            Old May 11th, 2013 (3:00 AM).
                                            zebaadee's Avatar
                                            zebaadee zebaadee is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: May 2013
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 5
                                              I'm a real noob at scripting and hacking in general.. so I'm struggling to understand this..

                                              I have XSE, and I made a script exactly like yours (on the first post of the thread.. the simple message script) and I have used the free space finder in Advance Map.. but I don't know what to do now?
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #875    
                                              Old May 12th, 2013 (11:02 PM).
                                              Shadowraze's Avatar
                                              Shadowraze Shadowraze is offline
                                              ur mum
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Apr 2013
                                                Location: ur mum
                                                Age: 18
                                                Gender: Other
                                                Nature: Lonely
                                                Posts: 798
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by zebaadee View Post
                                                I'm a real noob at scripting and hacking in general.. so I'm struggling to understand this..

                                                I have XSE, and I made a script exactly like yours (on the first post of the thread.. the simple message script) and I have used the free space finder in Advance Map.. but I don't know what to do now?
                                                You don't need A-map to find the offset for you XSE automatically does that.

                                                So what you got to do is put "dynamic 0x800000" at the start of your script and then compile the script into your rom.

                                                To compile first you have to load your rom go to file and then open or simply ctrl+o. AAfter that locate your rom and Ta-Da you rom is loaded.

                                                After that try and locate the compile button it has the icon of a gear next to the save icon so press it. After that a window appears and copy the offset of the very first pointer there. After that goto A-map and paste it to the npc or S-tile script offset box and it should be working perfectly.
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                Reply
                                                Quick Reply

                                                Sponsored Links
                                                Thread Tools

                                                Posting Rules
                                                You may not post new threads
                                                You may not post replies
                                                You may not post attachments
                                                You may not edit your posts

                                                BB code is On
                                                Smilies are On
                                                [IMG] code is On
                                                HTML code is Off

                                                Forum Jump


                                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:47 AM.