• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

want to take moderator position over letsplay section

zypher634

zypher634
Years
I would like to take over the lets play section as I have noticed that it is very much dead. there are a lot of great lets players in there who aren't getting the recognition they deserve.

my goal would be to let the lets play section become one of the main sections and allow people who post in there know that they will get comments and reactions to their videos.

another thing I would do is start a pokecommunity channel on youtube and upload peoples videos to that as well since youtube is a great way for these people show off their work

Reactions: Her
Years
I am afraid you can't apply for the position of Moderator on PokeCommunity.

To be a staff member, H-Staff carefully select and decide on who would be best for the post. Just keep active in the section, go about your normal daily PC life and you never know what the future holds.​

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
While you can't outright apply for a moderator position, you do provide some extremely good ideas which could work quite well with or without a promotion. New ideas/suggestions are always welcome and much appreciated so thankyou! :]

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Yeah, I was actually gonna say that earlier - you don't have to be a moderator to help improve a section. Indeed, that's one of the things that'd help you become a moderator. If you were to explore your ideas with people in more detail in suggestion threads it could help the section come a pretty long way without you being a mod at all. Just tell us your ideas and we can act as facilitators.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I want a PC youtube channel!! Please do that mod or no :)

Years
You can certainly contact any higher staff member (Super Mod, Staff Admin, Site Admin ranks) for help with implementing your ideas for the section, but as said above, the best way to become one is to take steps to help improve the section's activity and by reporting rule-breaking posts in the section.

Years
Basically everyone who posted above me explained it, but I highly recommend reading that blog entry from Patchisou Yutohru there if you haven't read it yet. It explains what you need to learn so you can eventually become a successful moderator. Basically the best step to become one is to contribute to a section a lot and report rule-breakers regularly, also help increase the section's activity and if a mod is needed in that section there's a chance you may be approached.

Like what Donavannj said there, contacting h-staff members is also good if you have any ideas but remember, becoming a mod is all about patience!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I think that's a great goal to have and I admire how much you care about the forum and its upbringing. I don't think I would agree to promoting someone just in the LP forum when we still have to replace Will (Captain Fabio) from when he was promoted to super moderator from the Video Games forum, and the LP forum is a child forum to the Video Games forum. Right now, you're not really what we're looking for, so you won't be in the running for that. But that's expected since you're still fresh and new to the forum. If you want to be a moderator, but aren't sure how to become one, take Hikari's advice and read my blog: http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?bt=83555

tigerBLADE

1000://PowHammers
Years
But honestly, you do have some really cool ideas, and I really think that it shouldn't stop you from implementing them or suggesting them just because you're not a moderator. ^^

Years
eh it was worth a shot right? lol

Allow me to re-address your question, as reading back on my first reply, I feel I was a little too blunt and feel like I have shut down your idea.

Everything that has been said above me is correct. We welcome ideas here and, I would argue, I am the best person to speak to about the LP board, as I was the previous moderator there. We are still looking for a replacement but any ideas on how to boost activity and get events moving is always lovely to see.

You are welcome to PM me and discuss your ideas further if you wish. That goes for any one who has any ideas; my inbox is always free! :)​

Back