ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #776    
Old March 30th, 2013 (5:18 AM).
jacktheking's Avatar
jacktheking jacktheking is offline
Hatched Egg
     
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Location: ASEAN
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 154
    How to open Ruby ROM with XSE?
    __________________
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #777    
    Old March 30th, 2013 (5:32 AM).
    TweenyTodd TweenyTodd is offline
    Quitting cuz i got a job
       
      Join Date: Feb 2013
      Location: NOYB
      Nature: Sassy
      Posts: 95
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by jacktheking View Post
      How to open Ruby ROM with XSE?
      In the menu bar of XSE, go to file>open then find your Ruby ROM.
      Reply With Quote
        #778    
      Old March 30th, 2013 (7:22 PM).
      jacktheking's Avatar
      jacktheking jacktheking is offline
      Hatched Egg
         
        Join Date: Mar 2013
        Location: ASEAN
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 154
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by TweenyTodd View Post
        In the menu bar of XSE, go to file>open then find your Ruby ROM.
        When i open it is blank..
        Reply With Quote
          #779    
        Old March 31st, 2013 (4:38 AM).
        Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
        Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
        Memento Mori
        • Gold Tier
         
        Join Date: Jul 2008
        Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
        Age: 25
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 14,497
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by jacktheking View Post
        When i open it is blank..
        Of course. The ROM doesn't open like in Hex Editor where you see Hex numbers.
        The "opening" of ROM in XSE is just signaling that you will be working with the ROM and you can jump at any offset you desire.
        __________________
        ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

        Anime List | PSN Trophy List
        Reply With Quote
          #780    
        Old April 1st, 2013 (7:59 AM). Edited April 1st, 2013 by OmegaPinkMan.
        OmegaPinkMan's Avatar
        OmegaPinkMan OmegaPinkMan is offline
        Lonely Planet Boy
           
          Join Date: Jun 2011
          Location: Sitting in my room
          Age: 23
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Lonely
          Posts: 1,063
          Hello, guys, I have an issue. I recently got a new computer, and I got my old Black 2 ROM and emulator, which was No$Zoomer, the latest version. It used to run perfectly until my old laptop got its hard disk drive fried. Anyway, I tried to get it back up and running. I ticked EX0 and EX5, got the code, the settings are the same way as I had them before. I start the ROM, activate the code, reset the cartridge and sit back as I watch the game begin to run.

          However, a problem comes when I reach the title screen. Ya know, when it says "Press Start". I press Start, and everything seems to be alright... except that it doesn't start. After the Kyurem close-up, after which the game should begin, it goes back to its original position, and all I can do is watch Kyurem moving and my game not starting.

          I tried to run it on Desmume, but it runs too slow at times, and battles take forever. Any way I can solve the problem with No$Zoomer? Because it did the same with Black, and instead of the game starting it only showed Reshiram's tail moving in the bottom screen -.-

          EDIT: Problem was solved. Turns out I had "Sound Output Mode" on "None". I changed it to "Digital Mono" and now it works.
          __________________

          Name: Creamer
          Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
          Reply With Quote
            #781    
          Old April 1st, 2013 (11:50 AM).
          Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
          Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
          Memento Mori
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Jul 2008
          Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
          Age: 25
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Calm
          Posts: 14,497
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mick Fizz View Post
          Hello, guys, I have an issue. I recently got a new computer, and I got my old Black 2 ROM and emulator, which was No$Zoomer, the latest version. It used to run perfectly until my old laptop got its hard disk drive fried. Anyway, I tried to get it back up and running. I ticked EX0 and EX5, got the code, the settings are the same way as I had them before. I start the ROM, activate the code, reset the cartridge and sit back as I watch the game begin to run.

          However, a problem comes when I reach the title screen. Ya know, when it says "Press Start". I press Start, and everything seems to be alright... except that it doesn't start. After the Kyurem close-up, after which the game should begin, it goes back to its original position, and all I can do is watch Kyurem moving and my game not starting.

          I tried to run it on Desmume, but it runs too slow at times, and battles take forever. Any way I can solve the problem with No$Zoomer? Because it did the same with Black, and instead of the game starting it only showed Reshiram's tail moving in the bottom screen -.-

          EDIT: Problem was solved. Turns out I had "Sound Output Mode" on "None". I changed it to "Digital Mono" and now it works.
          I do hope you won't be forced to end your gameplay soon
          As No$ is no longer capable of working with newer ROMs even if it works... it soon glitches somehow...
          __________________
          ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

          Anime List | PSN Trophy List
          Reply With Quote
            #782    
          Old April 3rd, 2013 (10:22 PM).
          BlackSwallowtail BlackSwallowtail is offline
             
            Join Date: Apr 2013
            Gender: Female
            Posts: 1
            Hi! New here. So...here's the thing. I'm playing White 2 with DeSmuMe on mac. Everything's great, really. The only thing is I do actually want to catch all 649 pokemon. I've currently got over three-hundred and there are still several left I can get in game.

            However, what do I do about those I can't catch in game? It doesn't seem possible to trade for them. I noticed someone mentioned a narc card? What is that, and how would I go about getting it?

            If it's not doable, I can just hack in all the pokemon I need at their lowest evolutionary level, but I'd really like to get them legit if I can. I take that pretty seriously - I tend to have multiples of pokemon for each evolutionary stage (except I never keep a baby pokemon as a baby), and their different formes, if any.

            Much as I love the battling, I also really love the collecting aspect of these games, and I find it a bit sad that 0nce I've finished trading with Curtis and subsequently trained my pokemon to their highest evolutionary stage, I'm pretty much sunk.

            So this post is long enough already, but any suggestions are welcome.
            Reply With Quote
              #783    
            Old April 4th, 2013 (12:07 AM).
            Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
            Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
            Memento Mori
            • Gold Tier
             
            Join Date: Jul 2008
            Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
            Age: 25
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Calm
            Posts: 14,497
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by BlackSwallowtail View Post
            Hi! New here. So...here's the thing. I'm playing White 2 with DeSmuMe on mac. Everything's great, really. The only thing is I do actually want to catch all 649 pokemon. I've currently got over three-hundred and there are still several left I can get in game.

            However, what do I do about those I can't catch in game? It doesn't seem possible to trade for them. I noticed someone mentioned a narc card? What is that, and how would I go about getting it?

            If it's not doable, I can just hack in all the pokemon I need at their lowest evolutionary level, but I'd really like to get them legit if I can. I take that pretty seriously - I tend to have multiples of pokemon for each evolutionary stage (except I never keep a baby pokemon as a baby), and their different formes, if any.

            Much as I love the battling, I also really love the collecting aspect of these games, and I find it a bit sad that 0nce I've finished trading with Curtis and subsequently trained my pokemon to their highest evolutionary stage, I'm pretty much sunk.

            So this post is long enough already, but any suggestions are welcome.
            DeSmuME does allow you to trade.
            At least through GTS.
            But you need a special build version. You can find tutorials on YouTube, happy trading
            __________________
            ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

            Anime List | PSN Trophy List
            Reply With Quote
              #784    
            Old April 8th, 2013 (12:31 PM).
            trafalgar's Avatar
            trafalgar trafalgar is offline
            FireBlast
               
              Join Date: Aug 2010
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 15
              Hello everyone I want to know how to make the background of the text in pokemon fire red transparent, eliminating the white part below the text.
              Reply With Quote
                #785    
              Old April 8th, 2013 (7:09 PM).
              Destiny123 Destiny123 is offline
              Beginner
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2008
                Posts: 4
                I have a question which idk where to put my request so I place it here.
                I recently recolored a texture and I need to know how to put it on my
                Black 2 Rom.
                Reply With Quote
                  #786    
                Old April 8th, 2013 (10:17 PM).
                Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                Memento Mori
                • Gold Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2008
                Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                Age: 25
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Calm
                Posts: 14,497
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by trafalgar View Post
                Hello everyone I want to know how to make the background of the text in pokemon fire red transparent, eliminating the white part below the text.
                These questions should go either to Scripting Help Thread or Simple Question Thread in ROM hacking section.
                You should go there anyways because IIRC there was a script that made this possible.
                __________________
                ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                Reply With Quote
                  #787    
                Old April 9th, 2013 (6:04 PM). Edited April 9th, 2013 by ladynarmo.
                ladynarmo ladynarmo is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2013
                  Gender: Female
                  Posts: 1
                  I'm really sorry if this has already been answered. It's really hard to find the right answer to my question because of the huge save problem with pokemon fire red.
                  I'm playing pokemon emerald on the vba emulator. (I'm not too familiar with the specific words for some technical things so I'll just describe it as best as I can).
                  I save just normally just like you would save on an actual gameboy. And I've had no problem with that. But I've saved a few times using the drop down menu and pressing "save game".
                  I've never loaded it before. I just saved it a few times and I get paranoid that something might have to the save file just in the game. (I'm paranoid because I used to play fire red on rom...)
                  And then one day, I pressed F6 by accident while I was trying to lower the volume. And it loaded the save that I saved through "save game". I turned the emulator off, then on, but it was still that F6 file! I can open other save files like F1, F2, etc. But I can't get back to the save file that is just in the game! I tried loading all the save files like F1, F2, etc but none of them had the normal save file saved onto it..
                  And the latest save file that I have is a few badges ago and what really pisses me off was that I JUST caught the three legendary pokemons and I just went through victory road to go to the pokemon league...
                  Sorry for the long post but do you know any way to get that save file back?
                  I tried clicking import and click on the pokemon emerald battery file but it popped up that loading a snapshot file will erase everything. I'm not sure if it IS a snapshot file or... it's just warning me.
                  Please help me T-T

                  +I grabbed up the courage to import battery file and it only brought me to that other save that was several badges before.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #788    
                  Old April 11th, 2013 (10:33 PM).
                  ScytheRyder ScytheRyder is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2013
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 1
                    Hi. I have spend the last few hours scrolling through the Hacks and I have downloaded a few but there is a specific one that I have been looking for, Is there a Diamond and Pearl replica or close enough for a GBA Rom? If not is there a Hack that I can use the Fourth Generation Starters.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #789    
                    Old April 12th, 2013 (11:22 AM).
                    Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                    Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                    Memento Mori
                    • Gold Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2008
                    Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Calm
                    Posts: 14,497
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ScytheRyder View Post
                    Hi. I have spend the last few hours scrolling through the Hacks and I have downloaded a few but there is a specific one that I have been looking for, Is there a Diamond and Pearl replica or close enough for a GBA Rom? If not is there a Hack that I can use the Fourth Generation Starters.
                    These questions should be directed to ROM hacking threads...
                    Well... there's no demake (or complete one at least) of D/P/Pt to GBA but there are many hacks that allow you to use 4th generation starters.
                    Flora Sky for example.
                    __________________
                    ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                    Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                    Reply With Quote
                      #790    
                    Old April 19th, 2013 (12:31 PM). Edited April 19th, 2013 by sanmander.
                    sanmander sanmander is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2013
                      Posts: 1
                      I play fire red on my android using myboy and I searched for the save file with a file explorer and I only find .st1 files or .st2 can I use my save to play it on my PC and later get it back because when I am home I like to play on my PC and not my phon
                      Reply With Quote
                        #791    
                      Old April 19th, 2013 (1:39 PM).
                      Dter ic's Avatar
                      Dter ic Dter ic is offline
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2012
                      Location: (Un)united Kingdom
                      Age: 21
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 682
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by sanmander View Post
                      I play fire red on my android using myboy and I searched for the save file with a file explorer and I only find .st1 files or .st2 can I use my save to play it on my PC and later get it back because when I am home I like to play on my PC and not my phon
                      Your game saves should be located where the game ROM is located as a .sav file. you can then transfer the .sav to your computer and use it on a emulator
                      Reply With Quote
                        #792    
                      Old April 29th, 2013 (11:53 PM).
                      Tea_with_Kyary's Avatar
                      Tea_with_Kyary Tea_with_Kyary is offline
                      Kabocha Hime
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2013
                        Location: Grants Pass, Oregon
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Jolly
                        Posts: 16
                        uumm....im new to forums, and emulation gaming...well, beyond the basics...i do know some basic things...any way...please put up with my inexperience here. im hoping im posting this in the right place...
                        anyway, my question is this....

                        is there any way to trade pokemon from my Pokemon white 2 (play it on my 3DS) to and from an emulator such as desmume??

                        im sorry if this is an old question thats asked alot, but i did do a search in the forums...didnt really find anything specific to my question.
                        __________________

                        0347-8652-2573
                        Thats'a my'a friend code :D White 2
                        Reply With Quote
                          #793    
                        Old April 30th, 2013 (7:56 AM).
                        Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                        Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                        Memento Mori
                        • Gold Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2008
                        Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                        Age: 25
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Calm
                        Posts: 14,497
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Tea_with_Kyary View Post
                        uumm....im new to forums, and emulation gaming...well, beyond the basics...i do know some basic things...any way...please put up with my inexperience here. im hoping im posting this in the right place...
                        anyway, my question is this....

                        is there any way to trade pokemon from my Pokemon white 2 (play it on my 3DS) to and from an emulator such as desmume??

                        im sorry if this is an old question thats asked alot, but i did do a search in the forums...didnt really find anything specific to my question.
                        Well... you can use special build of DeSmuME to have wi-fi features which includes GTS possibility so yes, it's pretty much possible to trade...
                        I don't know whether emulator Pokémon are taken as legit, though...
                        __________________
                        ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                        Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                        Reply With Quote
                          #794    
                        Old May 2nd, 2013 (9:41 PM).
                        Tea_with_Kyary's Avatar
                        Tea_with_Kyary Tea_with_Kyary is offline
                        Kabocha Hime
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2013
                          Location: Grants Pass, Oregon
                          Gender: Female
                          Nature: Jolly
                          Posts: 16
                          hm, im not sure either. i just know some basic stuff about emulation. the version i have does have wi-fi...guess ill have to get far enough to where i can try trading. only with myself, though, lol
                          __________________

                          0347-8652-2573
                          Thats'a my'a friend code :D White 2
                          Reply With Quote
                            #795    
                          Old June 10th, 2013 (1:04 AM).
                          pranoydstriker's Avatar
                          pranoydstriker pranoydstriker is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2012
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Hasty
                            Posts: 71
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

                            You actually GET Town Map from Rival's younger sister but whatever.
                            Do you have the keys set?
                            @ ash493 ..it is happening to me also.icant open the stats menu .......i have won d 1 st gym ........delievered town map too..................... plz tell me what 2 do....(desmume emulator 0.9.9 * 86)
                            __________________
                            Ace trainer
                            Reply With Quote
                              #796    
                            Old July 10th, 2013 (2:44 AM). Edited July 27th, 2013 by Nihilego.
                            ronwellcastillo's Avatar
                            ronwellcastillo ronwellcastillo is offline
                            Pokemon Trainer
                               
                              Join Date: Jul 2013
                              Location: Caloocan City, Philippines
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Careful
                              Posts: 7
                              Hi guys !

                              Today im gonna teach you all on how to enable linking with Pokemon R, S, E, FR, LG players around the world using your android device (tablet or smartphone) and MyBoy Emulator.

                              Things you will need :
                              1. Pokemon Rom.
                              2. My Boy Gba Emulator version 1.5.0 for android (Google it Full Version or Purchase in Play Store)
                              3. Strong Wireless Connection (Wifi) or Bluetooth.

                              Steps :

                              1.Download the Rom and Install the Emulator My Boy Gba Emulator version 1.5.0 in your android device
                              2.After Downloading/Installing Open the Emulator
                              3. Browse for the Rom you downloaded
                              4. Play and learn playing it yourself

                              Linking (All players must do this):
                              Bluetooth: Only for people who is near to each other
                              Wi-Fi: For people far to each other
                              1.Open your Bluetooth or Wifi (must be connected to Wireles Connection)
                              2. Open your Emulator
                              3. Open your Rom
                              4. Go to any Pokemon Center
                              5.Go to second Floor and talk to the last receptionist who is in charge of Link Room
                              6. Choose what you want to do with your friend (Colosseum, Trade, Mix Record) both must choose same choice.
                              7. Click Option
                              8. Click Link Remote > Wifi/
                              Wifi Server : The one who will host the game and who will give the IP address and Port number to other players
                              Wifi Client : The participants of the game, you must know the IP address and Port number of the Server
                              Bluetooth/
                              Bluetooth Server: The host of the game
                              Bluetooth Client : The participants of the game, must connect with the Server's bluetooth.

                              9.After that a message will show that you must wait for the other players. After that you can now battle, trade or mix record with the other players.

                              Ask me anything and I will gladly answer it.

                              Thanks !
                              __________________

                              The battle for championship will begin soon
                              Message me for more details
                              Reply With Quote
                                #797    
                              Old July 10th, 2013 (10:11 AM).
                              ShiningLust's Avatar
                              ShiningLust ShiningLust is offline
                              Gym Leader of Ground Oden
                                 
                                Join Date: Jun 2013
                                Location: Baytown,Tx
                                Age: 26
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Jolly
                                Posts: 149
                                does this actually really work on Android phones too
                                __________________

                                Egg Swap is back for GT10! Join us now and get swapping!
                                Pokemon White 2
                                Trainer Name: Oden
                                Friend Code: 4299-4642-0391
                                3DS Friend Name: Oden
                                3DS Friend Code: 3969-4646-3728
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #798    
                                Old July 10th, 2013 (8:39 PM).
                                ronwellcastillo's Avatar
                                ronwellcastillo ronwellcastillo is offline
                                Pokemon Trainer
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jul 2013
                                  Location: Caloocan City, Philippines
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Careful
                                  Posts: 7
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by ShiningLust View Post
                                  does this actually really work on Android phones too
                                  Yes Its working, if you want lets have a private conversation
                                  __________________

                                  The battle for championship will begin soon
                                  Message me for more details
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #799    
                                  Old July 16th, 2013 (5:44 PM).
                                  Iam Broseidon's Avatar
                                  Iam Broseidon Iam Broseidon is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jul 2013
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 1
                                    Hello, I'm new to the forums here and Semi-New to emulation. My question is, when I play my Pokemon White 2 the game is very dark. What I mean by "very dark" is the outside looks like it is always night and some colors may even be missing (the roof of the Pokemon Center). However, the issue goes away in all other cases (In buildings, pokemon battles, and walking through glass). Is there anyway I can fix this?
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #800    
                                    Old July 25th, 2013 (11:19 PM). Edited July 26th, 2013 by Shiny Lizard.
                                    Shiny Lizard's Avatar
                                    Shiny Lizard Shiny Lizard is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2013
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 14
                                      Hey man! I tried this on my android devices (Phone and Tablet) and it doesn't work .
                                      For Wi-fi Client it say that it cannot connect to device, and for Wi-Fi Server is say "Wait for incoming connection" and it doesn't do enything...Please hep me!
                                      P.S. : my tablet don't have Bluetooth
                                      Reply With Quote
                                      Reply

                                      Quick Reply

                                      Join the conversation!

                                      Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                      Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                      Sponsored Links
                                      Thread Tools

                                      Posting Rules
                                      You may not post new threads
                                      You may not post replies
                                      You may not post attachments
                                      You may not edit your posts

                                      BB code is On
                                      Smilies are On
                                      [IMG] code is On
                                      HTML code is Off

                                      Forum Jump


                                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:35 PM.