• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Slateport City, Home Sweet Home

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
We all know that in Hoenn, the player moves to Littleroot Town to start their adventure. Say you got to choose where your adventure started in Hoenn, which town or city would you like to start in? Why? How do you think the storyline would change? Or was Littleroot the absolute perfect place? Assume all trainers and the order of gyms would be changed to suit where you start.

Discuss!

Spr_3r_310.png

So sparky~

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 4, 2022
Hmmm, I'd like to start in Mauville, your near the Day Care Center, near Slateport, you'd get a bike right at the start (or not ;) ).

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Slateport or Lilycove would be the best. Mainly because they are in areas that are not landlocked and make more sense to be in from a far away region. Since Littleroot made almost no sense to be in if you came on a boat. There's no docks nearby!

Anyway, with Slateport, you'd have to battle an electric Gym first and you'd get a bike much sooner. Traveleing to Dewford would be second as usual and then to Rustrobo to get your 3rd badge and rock smash so you can have an easy way "home". Otherwise, not much else would have to change.

Now, Lilycove is a different story. The gyms would be in reverse entirely other than the last Ice gym. Since you start in Lilycove, you'd progress backwards through the normal game. That would be hard to get used to...

Years
If I could have my choice, I'd probably have liked to start in Rustboro City. It's a fairly decent sized place that includes the Trainer's School and Roxanne's gym, plus it's a fairly short distance from Petalburg and Verdanturf (and Mauville if you go just a little further). You wouldn't have to change the order of the Gyms at all, and if the Professor lived in, say, Petalburg, you could basically eliminate 3 routes and 2 towns, and it'd make no difference.

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
I'd start from Slateport City, I thought of this when I finished Emerald in my gba a long time ago.
The 1st gym would be Dewford, and Mr. Briney would be in the route below Slateport.
He then takes you to Dewford, and then he takes you to Petalburg for you to see Norman.
Then as usual you go to the woods, battle Team Magma/Aqua. And then the game progresses like as usual.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
If I had a choice of where to start in Hoenn I think it be cool to start at Dewford as I always wanted to start at an island. The first gym of course would be Brawly, then over to Norman after that the team Aqua/Mamga forest part..over to beat Roxanne and then though the Whismir cave place to Vendarnturf and beat watson at mawville gym, them the game goes normally.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I think Pacifidlog Town would be a really interesting starting town. But I'd love to start in Slateport City. I think the game would have a lot more to with the ocean then, being a shipping city. Maybe trouble could occur at the museum earlier?

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
Years
I think Lilycove would be a great starting town.I think its great because it is near at the department store XD and of course the pokemon contests .

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Pacifidlog Town or Slateport City would be great - especially if you could somehow know Surf from the start and your first route be a water one.
Although why you'd live so far from your dad's gym and his pokémon professor friend, who knows?

Adrian!

Urban Adventurer
Years
Definitely Lilycove! There's a department store, a museum, a contest hall, a BEACH (a nice one, too, not a crowded one like in Slateport), and other neat stuff. And if you ever get bored, you can take a boat from the dock to another city.

Starting an adventure from Lilycove could be almost identical to the original storyline. The only difference being, since the nearest gyms are the harder gyms, you can take a boat to Briney's dock and then regularly move your way through the Petalburg Woods and up to Roxanne. :D

Dude492

Hoenn Champion
Years
I'd say Lilycove city due to the fact if you had just gotten off the truck it could go into a Boat and you'd have a chance to explore it and after getting the national dex go to another region. Plus Littleroot town is where Maxie and Archie could have born.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I'd like to start in Fortree or Lilycove, as they're definitely some of the most interesting cities in the game. Who wouldn't want to live in a treehouse?! However, the routes in the surrounding areas are likely too arduous for any beginning trainer to handle. The constant raining on the route west of Fortree would hinder most trainers who started with Torchic. Maybe you would have some NPC following you and helping you out in double battles. RSE did introduce on-field weather and double battles, yeah? Show that off!

Littleroot, Oldale, Petalburg and Rustboro were very boring. Am I remembering this right, I had to walk through 4 towns to get to the first badge... haha. :P

DelightedTurk

Hipsterest Hypno in the land
Years
Personally, I think it would be extremely cool to start the game in Pacifidilog town, as it's just my favourite place in the Hoenn region. It's just so interesting! Maybe instead of HM's they could have used Key Items like they did in the Pokémon Ash Gray hack, that would have been awesome.

Also Lilycove would probably be a great place to start your journey, meaning you'd have to go west to receive badges before you could Surf to Mosdeep. The first Gym would be Flying type just like Johto before it. I think that would have been good as well.

Honourable mentions to Slateport, Mauville, Oldale and Sootopolis.

Tide

Nocturnal ROM Hacker
Years
Personally, I would go with Mauville City. It has a daycare center, contest hall/battle tent in the city next to it, it has a cycling road, a gym, and it also emits a "neighborly" vibe. There are so many people hanging around outside, battling each other in the sunny weather. Mauville City overall seems like one of the happiest places to be.

Back