The Clubhouse Clubs are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests! Join or create a club here and fanaticize like a true fan!

Old April 20th, 2013 (2:22 PM). Edited April 20th, 2013 by PekoponTAS.
Game Boy Advance Fan

Nature: Naive
    I filled in the shiny meme thing. I think you'll pretty easily figure out that my favourite colours are blue, green and yellow. (Green being my favourite of the three)

Spoiler:

You know I should probably make more of an effort to get some of these shinies. I only have 3 of them out of 30.

FireRed HeartGold Ruby Platinum White2
    Old April 20th, 2013 (2:58 PM).

Nature: Mild
      Hi Everybody. I dont have any shinies as of right now.. But I really want a shiny growlithe and a shiny eevee.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
      Old April 20th, 2013 (5:28 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
        I don't know how to make a spoiler.. so lol here's mine!

I have a thing for blues and yellows, my favorites are drifloon (which ive done 5400 srs), chandelure (2000+ MM eggs for litwick), and cloyster (havent started a hunt yet. The only one that i have on this list is donphan as of yesterday. :/

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
        Old April 20th, 2013 (6:19 PM). Edited April 20th, 2013 by Sableye~.
        Back to PC~

Here's a quick update:

I'm up to around 32 REs in various parts of Sinnoh, using Sweet Scent in hopes of saving time.

Also have been chaining. I finally know how and currently am chaining Floatzel, only because it was what I ran into right away. I currently am seven chains in and still going. Considering my best (before really learning how) was 12, I'm thinking I'll be able to beat that pretty easily. ;D I really need to stock up on repels, though.
        Old April 20th, 2013 (8:12 PM).
        Game Boy Advance Fan

Nature: Naive
          Well, I managed to eek out one more chained shiny before Sunday, and this is the most excited I've gotten about a chained shiny. Not only because it's one of my favourite Pokemon from Kanto and a really cool green shiny, but also because it was my most difficult chain hunt so far.

The patch of grass for Mr. Mime in platinum is pretty cramped, so chaining it was very time consuming and difficult. Also once I finally got the chain to fourty, it took about 40 super repels before I finally found a shiny patch. I was actually pretty mad by the time I found it, but I was still excited. It has a timid nature and has the filter ability, but the downside is that aside from special attack, it has absolutely horrible ivs. Every stat is in the single digits except for special attack and special defense. : <

I was only able to get one because I was so fed up with the hunt by the end of it that I ended it right after I caught the first one. I figured that the one I caught was good enough , and I'd just be wasting my time to try and get a better one. I may sound mad, but I'm actually really thrilled to have a shiny Mrs. Lime. = )

FireRed HeartGold Ruby Platinum White2
          Old April 20th, 2013 (9:30 PM).

Nature: Mild
            Can someone explain chaining to me please?

Old April 20th, 2013 (9:35 PM).

Look it up on smogon, there is a complete guide their. There may also be a guide on here if you look around, but im not too sure. The basics is that chaining is encountering 40 of the same pokemon in a row using the pokeradar, maximizing you chances of encountering a glittery shiny patch. It can be difficult or easy dependign on what you want to get. I find it to be stressful yet rewarding.

@PEKO: My hardest chain was larvitar, took forever to get good patches to show up. Took like 2 hours and only got two shinies out of it. And if you like shiny pokemon that are blue, I suggest ponyta :)

Old April 21st, 2013 (4:55 AM).
              Reality Sculptor

Heres my shiny hutning mere!

Spoiler:

Ive decided that for my next hunt, ima gonna go get a shiny Tentacool! Tally ho!
                Old April 21st, 2013 (9:01 AM).
                it me

Nature: Adamant
                  Nice to see so many people filling the meme in! ^^

Congrats Peko on the Mr. Mime :D

Just as some news, I have been working on the xat chat so there are now pages such as FAQs, contest info and a comments page on there. There is also a brand new background on the chat itself and behind it. Hopefully the revamp will attract some to chat there :3

Also, I'm going to be taking shiny hunters club promotional image requests for a bit. I do have school so they may not be done instantaneously, but if you want a personalised shiny collection trainer card/userbar/whatever for your signature, or an avatar or profile pic or pretty much anything, be sure to PM me! :D

i spent too many late nights
                  just thinking a hole in the earth
                  credits

Old April 21st, 2013 (10:07 AM).

Hi everyone! My name is Rai, and I was wondering if I could join this club! I used to be apart of an old Shiny Hunters Club but it died out fast. My current shiny collection is in my signature, or it should be xD. I made the card myself. I can offer to make some for other people if they want! I have a hunt that has been ongoing since BW1 came out. My shiny Volcarona hunt is currently over 275,000 Soft Resets. I don't want to talk about it.... But, aside from that, I have started a shiny quest on my Soul Silver and i have my Shiny Chikorita and 1 badge! I am hunting in Route 33 (I believe). and I only have 19 Encounters so far xD!
                    Old April 21st, 2013 (10:39 AM).

Hello. My name is ExeTheTyphlosion. I would like to join
                      the Shiny Hunters Club. I have caught 3 shinies, but I own 4. I own a Shiny Entei, a Shiny Smoochem, and a Shiny Spinarak. My friend gave me a Shiny Raikou, but I don't count it.
                      Old April 21st, 2013 (1:56 PM).

I think i have a good idea to tie in with the pokémeme thing that TheShinyEvee offered, after we have filled it in, we should have a competition to see who can get one of their faves from each region by 1/8192 odds or masuda method, i think it would be fun :)

Old April 21st, 2013 (3:57 PM).

Spoiler:

say hello to my fifth shiny Zubat...... i now have a Zubat and Patrat army, ready to take over the world......

Yes, im still alive, but it seems like the shinys now hate me, as they arent coming as much as they used to.

Well, i wanted anything OTHER than a Zubat in this cave, now i believe im just goning to follow the swarms in the game for now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lURz8OqB8Q Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Let's Play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiJ8gz5M8GY Ratchet and Clank 2: Going Commando Let's Play

Friend Safari: Psychic with Siglyph, Grumpig and Xatu. if you add me, please let me know and i can add you
                          Old April 21st, 2013 (6:15 PM).
                          Back to PC~

Wow, lots of Zubat! Congratulations. Hope you find what you were looking for, though. [:

So, I was chaining today for shiny Shinx, Ralts, or Ponyta (in that order). I failed miserably because I had missed something while learning how to chain. But, once I understood, I continued in trying to get a shiny Ponyta. After 12 chains, I walked to a normal shaking spot of grass- the one farthest away from my character.

It turned out to be a RE shiny. <3
                          I've been hoping for a shiny Ponyta for ages. I was so shocked, but incredibly happy. This totally made my day.

Brave nature, often lost in thought, likes spicy food, level 14, and female. I'll post pictures later. I'm going to be cloning her for trading.
                          Old April 21st, 2013 (7:51 PM).

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Keruso View Post
                            Spoiler:

say hello to my fifth shiny Zubat...... i now have a Zubat and Patrat army, ready to take over the world......

Yes, im still alive, but it seems like the shinys now hate me, as they arent coming as much as they used to.

Well, i wanted anything OTHER than a Zubat in this cave, now i believe im just goning to follow the swarms in the game for now
                            Well, this is interesting:

Spoiler:

a couple hours later, following a Kricketot swarm, i get my third Hoothoot. SoulSilver is a-trollin me.

Slenderman, my hunt when i was in Rock Tunnel was for either Onix, Cubone or Kangkaskhan.

i'll post the stats for the 2 Zubats and the Hoothoot at a later time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lURz8OqB8Q Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Let's Play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiJ8gz5M8GY Ratchet and Clank 2: Going Commando Let's Play

Friend Safari: Psychic with Siglyph, Grumpig and Xatu. if you add me, please let me know and i can add you
                            Old April 21st, 2013 (9:15 PM).
                            it me

An unofficial welcome to the club, ~Rai~ and ExeTheTyphlosion!

Congrats Slender on the Ponyta - even cooler that you got in 1/8192 huh?? :D
                              Congrats Keruso on Hoothoot and Zubat, and good luck finding an un-trollish shiny^^

@Bern - That sounds like a really good idea! I have one from 3 regions 1/8192/Masuda already, so I will be making an effort to get some from the other two! :D

credits

Old April 22nd, 2013 (6:27 AM).
                              Back to PC~

Thanks. [:
                              Yeah haha. I guess that means I still need to learn how to chain, though. x;

Here's that picture I mentioned. Forgot to post it until now.

Old April 22nd, 2013 (9:54 AM).
                              11 Year PC Member

Welcome to all new members, and congrats on all the new shinies! There has been a lot of luck going around recently. It's been over a year since my last shiny.

This week's random hunt is... Ledyba!
                                Old April 22nd, 2013 (3:24 PM).
                                Back to PC~

I guess this is my lucky couple of days...after chaining a portion of the day, I finally reached 40. I had to reset the radar quite a few times, but eventually spotted that shiny patch.

Now I have a shiny male Ralts. <3
                                Old April 23rd, 2013 (10:43 AM).
                                Reality Sculptor

Slender: Gratz on the Ponyta!
                                  Keruso: Gratz of catching Zubat and Hoothoot!

My tentacool hunt stands at 500 REs near Cherrygrove City on Heartgold. Ive decided that im gonna go try chain something for a while. I think ill do this after every 500 or so REs just to break the hunts down a little.

Just as a point of conversation that ive been curious about. how do people keep tally of their encounters? I myself sit with a pencil and notebook, and i just mark down on the paper whenever i find a wild pokemon, like a proper tally. The problem i have is when dual hunting i cant really do it, so it annoys me XD Just curious how you guys keep records :)
                                  Old April 23rd, 2013 (5:45 PM).

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by fishyfins View Post
                                    Slender: Gratz on the Ponyta!
                                    Keruso: Gratz of catching Zubat and Hoothoot!

My tentacool hunt stands at 500 REs near Cherrygrove City on Heartgold. Ive decided that im gonna go try chain something for a while. I think ill do this after every 500 or so REs just to break the hunts down a little.

Just as a point of conversation that ive been curious about. how do people keep tally of their encounters? I myself sit with a pencil and notebook, and i just mark down on the paper whenever i find a wild pokemon, like a proper tally. The problem i have is when dual hunting i cant really do it, so it annoys me XD Just curious how you guys keep records :)
                                    there's an App for that ;)

Old April 23rd, 2013 (9:19 PM).
                                    it me

@Fishyfins Here's the comment from last time this question was asked^^-

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee View Post
                                      As to your questions~ when I SR, I use my computer for entertainment I.E. streaming movies, and also have the calculator/s up that I need. A tip for that: when you start, do your number of RE's plus one, press equals, and just press equals/the enter key whenever you SR :3

credits

Old April 24th, 2013 (10:34 AM).
                                      Reality Sculptor

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee View Post
                                        @Fishyfins Here's the comment from last time this question was asked^^-
                                        Well, i know how ill be doing it from now on! so much simpler XD thanks for that :)

So yeah, last night i went chaining. Ive found that its like riding a bike - you never forget. Its been well over 2 years since the last time i chained, but i didnt have any problems with this one. I thought id go to Eterna forest and chain Buneary, but Murkrow unexpectedly showed up, so i thought id chain that instead. The first shiny patch appeared at a chain of 36, and i got another 2 at 40 before the chain broke (though one of them was KOd cos of an unlucky critical). Chain decided to break when i ran slightly to far in resetting the radar (but was within the patch of grass). Oh well, i got 2 shiny Murkrows :)

Now, on with the Tentahunt ^^
                                        Old April 25th, 2013 (11:36 AM). Edited April 26th, 2013 by alolan vulpix.
                                        it me

Congrats on the Murkrow Fishyfins!

Just thought I'd post a quick update since I haven't for a week or so:
                                          Dialga SRs - 3900
                                          Moltres SRs - 7430
                                          Eevee MM - 2020

EDIT:
                                          More numbers lol
                                          Dialga SRs - 4325
                                          Moltres SRs - 8080
                                          Eevee MM - 2085

Really really want a shiny this April.. two months in a row without a shiny would not be good!

credits

Old April 25th, 2013 (1:56 PM).
                                          Two Tailed Wonder

Took a break for a few days from hunting Regice to play through Heart Gold for the first time. No shinies on the way through, but I'm excited for all legendary targets in that game. Looking forward to hunting some of them after I find Regice.

Regice - 4,400

Quick Reply