• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen If you could erase any Sinnoh Pokemon from existence...

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years

Isn't Togekiss an OU Tank? If so, far from useless.

[Edit]Smogon

Haven't looked at it in a while. I guess it's UU now since BW. Last time I checked, it was OU.

[/endEdit]

Happiny isn't useless either. Aside from Audino, it was a huge EXP splurge lol

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
It's funny how so many people say "I hate Purugly, it shouldn't exist because it's so ugly blahblahhfdjfie", when, isn't that the whole concept of the Pokemon? Haha.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Jumping on the 'kick Rhyperior out' train. Why did Rhydon even need a evolution in the first place? The only good thing about Rhyperior is that Rhydon could use the evolite and boost it's defenses because of it not being fully evolved.

I would've preferred a pre evolution on to Rhyhorn imo, at least it doesn't make a decent Pokemon useless and uglified.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
I know I'm gonna get a lot of flak for this but I'm gonna have to say Piplup.

My disdane for this Pokemon stems primarily from the anime and how infuriatingly annoying Dawn's Piplup was. Most people fawn over how 'cute' it is but in my opinion, if you have to try that hard to make people notice how 'cute' you are (I refer to all of its so called antics), then all you are being is a massive attention seeker. As a character trait, this is repulsive to me.

For something to be considered 'cute' in my book, it has to be genuine; the cuteness has to be subtle. For instance, take Ash's Cyndaquil and Totodial. Cyndaquil was introverted and it had to learn to be more brave. How the anime handled this gave Cyndaquil a certain charm and endeared you to it. Totodial, on the other hand, was very curious and enthusiastic. It's enthusiasm was genuine and infectious and it was handled in such a way to give Totodial a certain charm and endearment, like Cyndaquil.

Like I said, deliberately trying to make oneself the center of attention is an ugly character trait to have. It was seen in Ash's Chikorita/ Bayleef (but to a much lesser extent) and I find now even more so in his Oshawott (which the writers seem to want to make into an exact clone of Piplup).

If you find these characters as they are to be adorable, more power to ya. They just don't seem to work for me at all on any level.

Last edited:
Years
Magmortar, it ruined Magmar with its absolutely terrible design. Its belly just makes it look really bad to me for some reason, whether its the in-game sprite or the official art.

After that, I'd definitely clear out the pointless pre-evolutions.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
Happiny: I'd hit it with a sledgehammer.

Pachirisu: Never liked that squirrel. Pikachu is better anyway.

Phione: Could have been okay as a pre-evolution but oh well. Now it's useless.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2021
Hmmm...
I don't do anything competitive, so i'll determine on design and (kind of) stats.

Probopass: Nosepass needed a evolution, but what did science do to Nosepass?

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2013
I agree with many of you on Probopass and Burmy...but the one Pokemon that jumps out in my mind is Spiritomb! I'll admit it's got a cool typing, but in my opinion it looks like an unappetizing purple cookie. I think it has the worst design of all Ghost Pokemon thus far. I've never bothered to catch one...perhaps it could benefit from a more appealing evolution?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2021
Garchomp - while certainly not the worst design, most others at least do not show up in competitive battles much.

Honorable mentions: Magmortar, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, Empoleon, Purugly, Chatot, Luxray-line

Clacla

karp karp karp
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Bidoof... Kill it please. Whenever I see one in the wild, I think to run. But then I get a better idea. KO it so that the abomination no longer roams the Pokéverse. I hate Bidoof so much; it's design, it's cry, it's encounter rate. I'd erase it, and it's hideous evolution.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Phione, as a few others above me said. I would've liked it if it was able to evolve into Manaphy, but I can understand why GameFreak did it.

Years
Even though I used him I could never really give any love to bronzor. He just was never aesthetically pleasing to me and did not really ever seem to fit into my team other than just a meat stick. I like their idea of putting out his type early, but it just felt half hearted and not fully thought out. Could just be my play style though.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
I often find myself hating on the sinnoh pokemon (for good reasons) since I'm kind of an old school player. I was pretty happy with the Hoenn pokemon at first, and after a while they grew on me, and now they're just an integral part of pokemon. I feel sort of the same about the Sinnoh pokemon. There's a few that I could do without. I don't really care for any of the starter pokemon. I think Starley's family is just a copy of Pidgey, and bidoof is just another zigzagoon. I am not totally against new pokemon, because I think some of them are neat, like Dusknoir, Magnezone or a few others. I just can't take them making MORE pokemon after this. I haven't even felt the desire to play B/W for that reason...

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
Bidoof

All Bidoof is is either an early-game annoyance or a future HM slave. By eliminating Bidoof, we also remove Bibarel, which is an equally awful Pokemon. Both are incredibly painfully common and once you've caught one, you really don't want to encounter any more. Yet the game throws them at you anyway.

Years
Chingling. It's cute but totally unnecessary and not memorable whatsoever. I honestly forget this guy exists sometimes. v_v;

Back