Off-Topic Hang out with people and talk about whatever. Feel free to suggest a better description for this forum as everyone seems to have an opinion. :D

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #4301    
Old April 28th, 2013 (6:30 AM).
Cordelia Cordelia is offline
Banned
     
    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Nature: Sassy
    Posts: 9,753
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bloodex View Post
    Mac, you play that game way to much.

    And yeah, the DCC was dead this whole week really. A lot of key members were on leave or something I guess.
    I was sucked into FE: A, sorry! I've got to get myself away from it every so often xD That's why I work, right? And yeah, it's been a bit quiet... and by the way thanks for the emblem!

    -rambles-

    Relevant Advertising!

      #4302    
    Old April 28th, 2013 (6:31 AM).
    Honest's Avatar
    Honest Honest is offline
    شكرا
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: New York City
    Age: 21
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Jolly
    Posts: 11,720
    I wish I could nap all day, I still have a load of work to do for school. Also gotta somehow get 20 bucks from my parents for a bouquet of flowers. Hehe.

    And yeah, I know for a fact school keeps me busy during the week. :c
    __________________
    he did it, not me.
      #4303    
    Old April 28th, 2013 (6:48 AM).
    Cordelia Cordelia is offline
    Banned
       
      Join Date: Aug 2011
      Nature: Sassy
      Posts: 9,753
      Besides Fire Emblem, I also worked a crap town last week.

      Nice double, Dipu.
        #4304    
      Old April 28th, 2013 (6:54 AM). Edited April 28th, 2013 by Sableye~.
      Sableye~'s Avatar
      Sableye~ Sableye~ is offline
      Back to PC~
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Nov 2012
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 4,056
      I'm here, but still half asleep. I got up at 5 30am and was lurking around downstairs (i.e. drawing, watching tv, being irritated) before going back to sleep. And let me tell you, when you're sleeping downstairs alone, at night, and in a place where break-ins aren't rare, it's unsettling to have your cat sit and stare at you, then another part of the room that you can't see.


      Anyway.
      I haven't been doing anything interesting. Still practicing drawing with my left hand, but that's it. I'm just looking forward to in a couple of weeks, when I'll be adopting a Uromastyx.
      __________________
      I can't think of a good signature.
        #4305    
      Old April 28th, 2013 (7:29 AM).
      Yusshin's Avatar
      Yusshin Yusshin is offline
      ♪ Yggdrasil ♪
         
        Join Date: Jul 2009
        Location: Quebec, Canada
        Age: 24
        Nature: Brave
        Posts: 2,424
        I'm going to work in an hour. How's that for interesting lol ><

        Slept well, though. Had a messed up dream that I went back to Ontario to take an obsolete French course. Apparently it was around 2023 and construction had changed the location of the school; I went down the right road but it led me into a forest instead! so I eventually asked someone about it - I had a cat with me for some reason. Dunno - and found the school finally. I took the elevator and it like, hovered over a lava pit or something, and people were running outside looking for coloured eggs like during Easter. I was admitted to class and was sitting in the back beside some dude that was playing White 2 on his 3DS. Class was uber lame. When it ended, I ran outside and the building started to crumble. There were four guys with me for some reason and we kept running... But the ground gave out beneath us, one guy plummeted to a fiery death, while I clung on to the side. The skinny dude wanted to save me but the larger dude was like, "NO YOU'LL DIE YOU MUST RUN WITH US" but skinny guy was like, "NO WAY WE CAN TOTALLY GET HER SHE DUN HAVE TO DIE ARHOGLHAEOIGAKNALGA"

        Woke up :3
        __________________


        Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
        "My scar makes me sassy, child!"
        The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
        The French Club
          #4306    
        Old April 28th, 2013 (7:32 AM).
        Honest's Avatar
        Honest Honest is offline
        شكرا
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Sep 2008
        Location: New York City
        Age: 21
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Jolly
        Posts: 11,720
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Mac View Post
        Besides Fire Emblem, I also worked a crap town last week.

        Nice double, Dipu.
        Why the hell does PC do this to me? :I

        I've been looking up X/Y rumors and such. I don't normally do that, but I'm procrastinating. Again.
          #4307    
        Old April 28th, 2013 (7:44 AM). Edited April 28th, 2013 by Sableye~.
        Sableye~'s Avatar
        Sableye~ Sableye~ is offline
        Back to PC~
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Nov 2012
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 4,056
        PC hates you.
        We love you, but the website itself loathes you, Dipu. Now watch, this is going to be a double post.

        I'm on Facebook and watching people in a specific group there be idiotic and funny. Facebook finally has a use, aside from angering your friends by sending them game requests!

        I'm too lazy to look up stuff about X and Y versions. It's not like much information will be around, considering how long it'll be before they're actually released. I'm also just not really excited, considering I didn't like Gen V.

        Also, I totally managed to type "actually" as "svyusllu" ?_? Apparently I can't type when I'm tired.
          #4308    
        Old April 28th, 2013 (7:57 AM). Edited April 28th, 2013 by Arcturus..
        Arcturus.'s Avatar
        Arcturus. Arcturus. is offline
        Chews nails and spits napalm
           
          Join Date: Jul 2012
          Location: The star known as Sol (Virginia)
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Quiet
          Posts: 607
          I hardly check out anything about X and Y tbh, not because I'm not excited, but I don't want to get myself really hyped up when the release date is still months away. And don't worry Slender, I'm pretty much the same way when I try to type when I'm half-asleep.

          On a side note, I fell alseep last night with my glasses on and the screw holding one of the lens came loose. Managed to get it fixed, but I'm definitely going to have to go to the eye doctor, because the frame got all bent up. :l
          __________________
          "War.
          War never
          changes."
          CSS|VM/PM|THEME
            #4309    
          Old April 28th, 2013 (8:17 AM).
          Oryx's Avatar
          Oryx Oryx is offline
          CoquettishCat
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Mar 2011
          Age: 24
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 13,204
          Dipu welcome to the clubs of double posts in your section! How does it feel?
          __________________


          Theme * Pair * VM * PM

          Not all men...

          Are all men stupid?

          That's right.

            #4310    
          Old April 28th, 2013 (8:17 AM).
          Sableye~'s Avatar
          Sableye~ Sableye~ is offline
          Back to PC~
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Nov 2012
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 4,056
          When I'm half-asleep, everything is amusing, as well. Especially if it normally would be relatively funny, anyway. I remember staying up late on PC a while ago, and everyone was posting amusing stuff and it was hilarious, at the time.

          I don't know why, but I still find it funny that I accidentally hot glued two of my fingertips to an object. I don't have total feeling in them, and I didn't feel any heat. Then when I lifted my hand, I realized what had happened and started laughing.
            #4311    
          Old April 28th, 2013 (8:19 AM).
          Somniac's Avatar
          Somniac Somniac is offline
          Probably sleeping.
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Dec 2012
          Location: united kingdom
          Age: 25
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Naughty
          Posts: 742
          At the moment I'm very un-hopeful for X and Y, personally I really dislike the graphics, they look terrible.

          I mean compare the images of X&Y to something like Ocarina of time, which looks much better. Sure you can say it's the graphical style but the facts are that ocarina of time originally came out on N64 in 1998. Yes the 3ds one was upres'd and had more polygons added, but if they can make a game from 1998 look better than one that they're going to put out 15 years later in q4 2013, then that's pretty lackluster.

          Another example would be the 3ds port of snake eater, which shows just how powerful the 3ds is. That game looks stunning, it's a midway point between the original ps2 release and the ps3 HD re-release, yet it runs on the 3ds fine. Clearly the 3ds is capable of far more than what X&Y seem to be, which is a shame.

          ----------------

          As for me, Tomorrow is monday which means that I'm going to be working another 55hours over 3 days again, joy of joys.
          __________________
            #4312    
          Old April 28th, 2013 (8:23 AM).
          Oryx's Avatar
          Oryx Oryx is offline
          CoquettishCat
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Mar 2011
          Age: 24
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 13,204
          Graphics have never been a selling point for Pokemon. They've never been up to what could be done on the system, idk why X&Y would be any different.

          Besides just because they're both on the 3DS doesn't mean Ocarina of Time and X&Y are being made by the same people ;x
            #4313    
          Old April 28th, 2013 (8:40 AM).
          Nathan's Avatar
          Nathan Nathan is offline
          Blade of Justice
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Jul 2012
          Location: Earth
          Age: 19
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Timid
          Posts: 4,067
          Haven't posted here in a long time. Slept well and I'm not too excited about X/Y because I won't have a 3DS by then.
          In 1998, I was 1.
          __________________
          || ||
            #4314    
          Old April 28th, 2013 (9:15 AM).
          Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
          Pinkie-Dawn Pinkie-Dawn is offline
          Vampire Waifu
             
            Join Date: Dec 2012
            Location: California
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Quirky
            Posts: 9,244
            Specs have never been the main focus on video games; otherwise, we would've gotten games that look beautiful and better stroytelling but terrible gameplay. *points to Star Wars: the Force Unleashed*
            __________________
              #4315    
            Old April 28th, 2013 (9:20 AM).
            droomph's Avatar
            droomph droomph is offline
            weeb
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Sep 2011
            Location: nowhere spectacular
            Age: 20
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Impish
            Posts: 4,291
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
            Graphics have never been a selling point for Pokemon. They've never been up to what could be done on the system, idk why X&Y would be any different.

            Besides just because they're both on the 3DS doesn't mean Ocarina of Time and X&Y are being made by the same people ;x
            BUT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND MY ENTITLEDNESS FORCES YOU TO MAKE BETTER GRAPHICS ;;

            Anyways, I honestly can't understand people who like better graphics. I mean, of course you want to be able to tell what's going on, but I don't consider AWESOME graphics to be important in a game.
            __________________
            did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
            o i forgot 5
            uraqt


              #4316    
            Old April 28th, 2013 (9:21 AM).
            Oryx's Avatar
            Oryx Oryx is offline
            CoquettishCat
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Mar 2011
            Age: 24
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 13,204
            Tbh I can't wait until we hit the graphics ceiling, where graphics cannot possibly be more realistic. Then I hope we'll have a push towards games that put emphasis on their story, their gameplay, their physics, and their ideas instead of "look at how many wrinkles we can put on this face".
              #4317    
            Old April 28th, 2013 (9:27 AM).
            droomph's Avatar
            droomph droomph is offline
            weeb
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Sep 2011
            Location: nowhere spectacular
            Age: 20
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Impish
            Posts: 4,291
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
            Tbh I can't wait until we hit the graphics ceiling, where graphics cannot possibly be more realistic. Then I hope we'll have a push towards games that put emphasis on their story, their gameplay, their physics, and their ideas instead of "look at how many wrinkles we can put on this face".
            But then they'll start working on simulating the proteins that are in the character's body, because they can.

            Never underestimate humans and their ingenuity to find new ways to waste resources.

            Also about X&Y, they said that the footage wasn't final so I don't get what everyone's complaining about.
              #4318    
            Old April 28th, 2013 (9:27 AM). Edited April 28th, 2013 by Pinkie-Dawn.
            Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
            Pinkie-Dawn Pinkie-Dawn is offline
            Vampire Waifu
               
              Join Date: Dec 2012
              Location: California
              Age: 24
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quirky
              Posts: 9,244
              The problem I have with hyper-realistic graphics is because of Garry's Mod possibly having the incapabilities to download character models from HD games due to its PS2-like graphics, so only non-HD character models are acceptable, meaning there would have to be a new Gmod to be able to play with rag doll models of HD characters.
                #4319    
              Old April 28th, 2013 (9:34 AM).
              Oryx's Avatar
              Oryx Oryx is offline
              CoquettishCat
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Mar 2011
              Age: 24
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 13,204
              To be fair, I'm a visuals snob when it comes to anime. It's incredibly difficult for me to get into an older anime that doesn't have a modern art style and isn't HD. :<

              /hypocrite!
                #4320    
              Old April 28th, 2013 (9:43 AM). Edited April 28th, 2013 by Somniac.
              Somniac's Avatar
              Somniac Somniac is offline
              Probably sleeping.
              • Gold Tier
               
              Join Date: Dec 2012
              Location: united kingdom
              Age: 25
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Naughty
              Posts: 742
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
              Graphics have never been a selling point for Pokemon. They've never been up to what could be done on the system, idk why X&Y would be any different.

              Besides just because they're both on the 3DS doesn't mean Ocarina of Time and X&Y are being made by the same people ;x
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
              Specs have never been the main focus on video games; otherwise, we would've gotten games that look beautiful and better stroytelling but terrible gameplay. *points to Star Wars: the Force Unleashed*
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by droomph View Post
              BUT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND MY ENTITLEDNESS FORCES YOU TO MAKE BETTER GRAPHICS ;;

              Anyways, I honestly can't understand people who like better graphics. I mean, of course you want to be able to tell what's going on, but I don't consider AWESOME graphics to be important in a game.
              You all misunderstand me.
              I'd rather the B/W style, that what I've seen of the X&Y graphics so far. Nothing to do with any delusions of being entitled to better graphics for every iteration, more to do with the fact that X&Y looks like garbage in comparison to B/W.
              The comparison is the important part. I'm not saying this because I'm whining about 'waaah they screwed up my games' THAT would be acting entitled. The issue I have a problem with is that fact that the graphics look worse than the previous games, and the only argument for it is that 'Well we tried to make it more 3d, which takes more resources and so the graphical style is more limited' when my previous post shows exactly why that is untrue.

              B/W was a 3d game in essence, the camera was fixed, but at times such as cut-scenes it would pan slightly to give more depth. If they simply made X/Y look exactly the same as B/W but maintained the camera locked at that lower angle, it would be an improvement.

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by droomph View Post
              But then they'll start working on simulating the proteins that are in the character's body, because they can.

              Never underestimate humans and their ingenuity to find new ways to waste resources.

              Also about X&Y, they said that the footage wasn't final so I don't get what everyone's complaining about.
              The footage wasn't final, true but if at this stage they still have large changes to make to aspects such as the graphical engine, then I worry for the quality of the story/game-play in x/y.


              Edit: I'd also like to say, generally I don't give a damn about graphics. satisfying storyline and entertaining game-play takes priority for me. The majority of my favorite games are all more than 15years old, and It's not just nostalgia speaking, I spent the last week replaying chrono trigger. If you put that game in front of an average 12 year old today, they would immediately tell you it looks like crap and ask to play call of duty instead. However if you convince them to actually play it, chances are they would still enjoy it for the astounding game it is.
                #4321    
              Old April 28th, 2013 (9:48 AM).
              Sableye~'s Avatar
              Sableye~ Sableye~ is offline
              Back to PC~
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Nov 2012
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 4,056
              I don't care much about graphics, so long as it isn't low enough quality that it's difficult to understand what you're looking at, or something along those lines.

              The graphics on B/W were pretty cool, I must say. I just didn't like the gameplay much, despite trying again and again to give it a chance. Honestly, that probably was just because I'm not as familiar with Unova as some other regions.
                #4322    
              Old April 28th, 2013 (9:52 AM).
              Honest's Avatar
              Honest Honest is offline
              شكرا
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Sep 2008
              Location: New York City
              Age: 21
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 11,720
              X and Y has to be the zenith of graphical perfection. If not, and Z managed to out-do X and Y, I'll hardly believe it. :I
                #4323    
              Old April 28th, 2013 (10:19 AM).
              Oryx's Avatar
              Oryx Oryx is offline
              CoquettishCat
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Mar 2011
              Age: 24
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 13,204
              Wasn't trying to make you feel the need to defend yourself Somniac, sorry about that. XD I'm not sure why you were talking about the power of the 3DS though if your argument has nothing to do with the 3DS' power and everything to do with what they already did on the DS...?
                #4324    
              Old April 28th, 2013 (10:37 AM).
              Sir Codin's Avatar
              Sir Codin Sir Codin is offline
              Welcome to the Federation Starship: USS Buttcrack
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: May 2012
              Location: California Republic
              Age: 26
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quirky
              Posts: 3,735
              Weren't those graphics in the X & Y trailers just working design anyway?

              I have to admit, when it comes to games that place emphasis on exploring the game world, I tend to be a bit of a graphics nut. I just can't explore Skyrim without HD.

              Yet at the same time, other games graphics just don't matter.
              __________________
              The biggest flaw with voluntaryism is its inefficiency, caused by the basic condition of human selfishness.
                #4325    
              Old April 28th, 2013 (10:38 AM).
              Somniac's Avatar
              Somniac Somniac is offline
              Probably sleeping.
              • Gold Tier
               
              Join Date: Dec 2012
              Location: united kingdom
              Age: 25
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Naughty
              Posts: 742
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
              Wasn't trying to make you feel the need to defend yourself Somniac, sorry about that. XD I'm not sure why you were talking about the power of the 3DS though if your argument has nothing to do with the 3DS' power and everything to do with what they already did on the DS...?
              It was more to say that the 3ds is powerful enough to run much more advanced graphics without struggling, and they seem to be making a big deal out of the new art direction which isn't that spectacular.

              And no worries, I didn't mean to be appear defensive :p
              Closed Thread
              Quick Reply

              Sponsored Links
              Thread Tools

              Posting Rules
              You may not post new threads
              You may not post replies
              You may not post attachments
              You may not edit your posts

              BB code is On
              Smilies are On
              [IMG] code is On
              HTML code is Off

              Forum Jump


              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:48 AM.