• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I kind of dislike that quest because it -is- generally a pain in the neck to recruit him. XD Especially on hard mode since he only makes little damage. :x
Levelling him up is easy, since everyone on the team (Except lon'qu and the avatar, who I pair up anyway) can deal enough damage and not kill anyone, so I always get Danyllo levelled up early. It's keeping him alive that's hard because they always target him and one careless positioning means death for him no matter what. This quest is a good wake up call though, I guess, since chapter 1-4 were pretty easy even on hard. :/ It encourages me to actually plan my positions and be wary of the enemy's position.
I also kinda find it sad how my Virion is weaker than the enemy archers. He got nice stat ups though from my previous attempt, until Mr.Danny died.

Also trying to kill that thief before he runs away with a good item is hard. ~_~

Last edited:

tigerBLADE

1000://PowHammers
Years
Levelling him up is easy, since everyone on the team (Except lon'qu and the avatar, who I pair up anyway) can deal enough damage and not kill anyone, so I always get Danyllo levelled up early. It's keeping him alive that's hard because they always target him and one careless positioning means death for him no matter what.

I also kinda find it sad how my Virion is weaker than the enemy archers. He got nice stat ups though from my previous attempt, until Mr.Danny died.

Also trying to kill that thief before he runs away with a good item is hard. ~_~

Oh.
My problem was simply doing the Paralouge too early in the game, so, things got a little trickier simply staying alive and such.

I didn't really use Virion all that much on Hard Mode, because there is another archer you can get who is even stronger than him, but.. he did make a nice Ranger when I played this game for the first time.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I'm pretty sure I'm doing this early too. Lissa is like my saving grace because the enemy does really alarming damages sometimes. I feel like I'm maybe too careful with this quest so far lol. It's pretty fun though.

Wonder who's the better archer. I usually always use magicians instead of archers but I made an exception this time. I'll keep Virion because he's pretty much my only ranged unit aside from the avatar's magics.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I did it pretty early too...but then again, I practically crawled through that part of the game thanks to the optional battles. It could be hours or even days before I went to the next given chapter. Heck...I still do. I'm on chapter 21...and considering that I bought this on launch day (North America)...there was a lot of fluff time in between. They really decided to pack on the longevity with this one.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
I LOVE THIS GAME.
Sorry, it's just freaking incredible.
I also made this movie poster.
4ymfUIb.png

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I LOVE THIS GAME.
Sorry, it's just freaking incredible.
I also made this movie poster.
4ymfUIb.png
This should be a thing.

I'm chewing on getting the Radiant Hero DLC map, but I'm so picky choosy when it comes to those because I often lose inspiration to play the game as soon as I get one. The same happens when I start a new file and realize how difficult the game is to play at the beginning, or at least Chapters 2-7.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Radiant Hero is a SpotPass map, which means free free free (the best kind o 3o). But this should be the absolute last Paralogue you play, it's so hard x.x

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Ohh, it's SpotPass? That's cool, I was worried about having to buy it. :] What's it like to make it so hard? I heard Wellspring of Truth was hard...

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
This should be a thing.

I'm chewing on getting the Radiant Hero DLC map, but I'm so picky choosy when it comes to those because I often lose inspiration to play the game as soon as I get one. The same happens when I start a new file and realize how difficult the game is to play at the beginning, or at least Chapters 2-7.
I've posted it to Memebase and various Facebook pages XD

tabor62

Years
Ohh, it's SpotPass? That's cool, I was worried about having to buy it. :] What's it like to make it so hard? I heard Wellspring of Truth was hard...

It's a spoiler imo so:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I noticed us PALs got the superior box art but you americans (and japanese) got the superior cartridge sticker. Damn.

Also did you guys get Ephraim and Lyn? I dunno if the past lords are any worth using but I'm really considering using them. We Europeans only got Marth so far, with Roy and Micaiah (what's with the random boob window in her redesign?) next but I don't really care about them.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Radiant Hero is a SpotPass map, which means free free free (the best kind o 3o). But this should be the absolute last Paralogue you play, it's so hard x.x
GAH! My fire emblem awakening team is waaaaay too strong. I've been beating these paralogues easily while all my friends complain about the difficulty.
On my new file, hard mode, I'm having way too hard of a time obtaining Severa. On normal, it was so easy to make her not die(even though I didn't let her talk to Holland, because I killed the boss the turn before she could) and now she is so stupid. LIterally, she runs right into the enemy range and then gets swarmed and killed...I've SR'ed so many times by now.

Sir Codin

I haven't gotten any SpotPass maps; I need to get on that.

I've just been building relationships with the DLCs right now. I'm glad they're finally putting out the Scramble packs, been waiting for those ones for a while. The conversations between the characters on that map are hilarious.

Sir Codin

Ahhh, I accidently deleted my main file while deleting another one! ASDfashdflkas;dflaskdjfasd;lfkhasd;flj kashdf;laskhd

Ugh....ALL THAT WORK!!!! AGGGHHHH!!!!;-;;-;

I think that's my cue to take a break from this game for a while.

tabor62

Years
D: Noooooo, I know how that feels. I accidentally saved over my main file in Final Fantasy III right after I had reached the second to last dungeon :/

Sir Codin

Do I restart Hard or Lunatic? By the way, I don't like losing units. I always restart when losing units, so I feel I might as well bite the bullet and go casual.

tabor62

Years
I wouldn't know really, I'm playing on Normal Classic for all my saves for now since I want to obtain all support conversations before I start playing seriously.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I managed to get Donny on my team, and so easily this time too. Why? Because I found out that pressing X will specify which position in the map is vulnerable to an enemy attack in the next enemy turn. That makes things so MUCH easier, and this time not even one of my unit was dangerously close to dying. Could you even do that in past fire emblem games? I don't remember, or I didn't know!

Is it me or is this game feeling a lot more like an RPG than a strategy game with all the supports, the introduction of second seals and pair ups? I've heard the game apparently gets even easier, too. :/ Kinda disappointed to be honest. It's still a lot of fun and really good, but eh.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I've heard the game apparently gets even easier, too. :/ Kinda disappointed to be honest. It's still a lot of fun and really good, but eh.
It probably does, which is why I recommend playing on Hard/Classic. It's a good challenge unless you're overleveled, especially if you take on the Extra teams and Paralouges (all of which are more difficult than the main story). I've been playing on Classic/Hard since the beginning, and I haven't tried out Normal, but I definitely recommend Hard if you're thinking that the game's too easy (though really, I'd still recommend it otherwise).

Though I think it's an equal balance as a Strategy game and an RPG. I think supports, class changes, and pair ups feel more at home in a Strategy RPG than, if not as much as, pretty much any other genre, they just make sense in the context of war and battle. Plus, since RPGs are a very broad genre, and there's not really such thing as just a "Generic RPG" game (it always has to be attached to something else), I don't really think the RPG aspects can overpower the Strategy aspects unless it were a Strategy game with RPG elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back