• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

~Choose Wisely!~ [The Starter Pokemon Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiersomeLucia

The Blue Skies Will Appear...
Years
Hypothetically, would you like to start your Pokemon journey with an unevolved flying-type starter pokemon? Do you think this'll make your journey a lot easier or harder?
I have to disagree. Not only will it make the journey harder but, in my opinion, Flying-Types seems too long to level it up. But yeah, my opinion.
Name: FiersomeLucia
Starter Pokemon: Snivy!!!
Nickname: Lucy

Giant Magikarp

I like Iris...
Years
Hypothetically, would you like to start your Pokemon journey with an unevolved flying-type starter pokemon? Do you think this'll make your journey a lot easier or harder?

It will make your Pokemon journey a lot HARDER.

446.gif

Username: Shiny Magikarp
Starter: MUNCHLAX
Nickname: N/A

446.png

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

It will make your Pokemon journey a lot HARDER.

446.gif

Username: Shiny Magikarp
Starter: MUNCHLAX
Nickname: N/A

446.png

Welcome to the club, Giant Magikarp! Would you mind explaining why it would be harder?

I have to disagree. Not only will it make the journey harder but, in my opinion, Flying-Types seems too long to level it up. But yeah, my opinion.
Name: FiersomeLucia
Starter Pokemon: Snivy!!!
Nickname: Lucy

And welcome to you as well! I think leveling up and grinding could be a reason why it makes a journey hard. And then there's the moves that don't come until later. Like gust and whirlwind. You'd have to deal with sand attack and tackle XD

Warship

異議あり!
Years
Username: warship
Starter Pokemon : Turtwig
Nickname: Chris

"Hypothetically, would you like to start your Pokemon journey with an unevolved flying-type starter pokemon? Do you think this'll make your journey a lot easier or harder?"

it wouldnt be TOO bad i suppose. my friend is doing a flying monotype challenge and it is not too hard. though it would make the cycle a bit more unbalanced.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
While Flying types may not be the optimal starter type, if were to choose one specific type to choose starters from, I think it'd prove to be a much bigger challenge if the starters were restricted to Bug types, since they can hardly do anything in their first stage, and they aren't that strong in their last stage either. They may prove to be a little stronger than the rest of them once they reach their final stage due to how quickly they evolve, but it'd be super hard to train them up at first anyways without catching another Pokemon beforehand to switch to, depending on the levels of the Pokemon in the area of course. And while it'd be a bit of an extra challenge in the start of the game, I think it'd prove frustrating for people doing nuzlockes >_<

So yeah, I'd definitely pick Flying types over Bug types. And, y'know...

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSS

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Username: warship
Starter Pokemon : Turtwig
Nickname: Chris

"Hypothetically, would you like to start your Pokemon journey with an unevolved flying-type starter pokemon? Do you think this'll make your journey a lot easier or harder?"

it wouldnt be TOO bad i suppose. my friend is doing a flying monotype challenge and it is not too hard. though it would make the cycle a bit more unbalanced.

A big welcome to you! And that's also an interesting reason too regarding monotype challenges. You just have to get used to it just a bit.

While Flying types may not be the optimal starter type, if were to choose one specific type to choose starters from, I think it'd prove to be a much bigger challenge if the starters were restricted to Bug types, since they can hardly do anything in their first stage, and they aren't that strong in their last stage either. They may prove to be a little stronger than the rest of them once they reach their final stage due to how quickly they evolve, but it'd be super hard to train them up at first anyways without catching another Pokemon beforehand to switch to, depending on the levels of the Pokemon in the area of course. And while it'd be a bit of an extra challenge in the start of the game, I think it'd prove frustrating for people doing nuzlockes >_<

So yeah, I'd definitely pick Flying types over Bug types. And, y'know...

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSS

Another advantage for starting off with a flying type starter, is that you donot have to look for another Pokemon to teach Fly, because you already have one. xD

biiiiiiiiiirds.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years

Well, they evolve quickly, usually on par with the regular starters on evolution rates, but they tend to be weak in the beginning, and lacking in moveset and power, like Pidgey, its moveset just doesn't work for its stats..on the other hand, you have a Pokemon to teach Fly to as soon as you get it, instead of having to look around. I'm not sure whether it'll be harder or easier, really.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
Well I'm not a huge fan of flying types....
And having a flying type starter I don't know I mean it wouldn't hugely bug me, but you can usually catch a flying type early on in the game anyway

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Have you ever obtained *shiny* starter pokemon?
nah never had one.. :(

it sure would be interesting to use flying types. it's not gonna be easy at the beginning but it will be fun to use a flying type. im kinda bored of the grass-fire-water type starters... and we do not have to look for fly... xD XD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Okay guys! Gonna add the new members on the list, aaand let's go on ahead and start a new topic! :3 Wasn't expecting such fantastic answers from all of you :D

Look at the starter Pokemon you chose as your partner and think of the moves they possibly use. Which move would be a *star* move for them? Which one would they be using far often? (Like Ash's Pikachu uses Thunderbolt almost all the time, for example)

Warship

異議あり!
Years
Look at the starter Pokemon you chose as your partner and think of the moves they possibly use. Which move would be a *star* move for them? Which one would they be using far often? (Like Ash's Pikachu uses Thunderbolt almost all the time, for example)

hmm thats a good question i suppose turtwig's move would be razor leaf because he has a twig on its head and it might be its attacking part :P i really cant think of any other move now

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

Hmm, kinda hard to answer, since a lot of the starters don't really learn moves exclusive to them, ie not shared with other starters of the same type. The only thing that really comes to mind actually, is Sceptile with its Leaf Blade. As for Pidgey though, I honestly can't think of anything other than Fly, and I just don't really know if that would cut it. I mean, most people seem to catch the Pidgey line, solely to have a Pokemon to fly them around, but they still learn so many moves and sdfjhfghdfg. I'd probably have to go with Fly though, but I feel like that'd also apply to other starter birds, as well as how most other starters don't really seem to get moves that are exclusive to them.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Hi! I want to join!

Username: miltankRancher
Your Starter Pokemon: Infernape
Nickname: Goku.

Flare Blitz, I guess. It's a really cool move, and it's reckless. I have always imagined all the Infernapes I owned were reckless, so FB is perfect for it.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
I'd like to join. I was in the last club and I finally got around joining this one.

Username: Element0
Your Starter Pokemon: Bulbasaur
Nickname: None

For Bulbasaur, I think it would either be Vine Whip or Razor Leaf, and I'm leaning slightly towards Razor Leaf because it just seems like the type of move Bulbasaur would spam use a lot, since it has a plant on its back I guess.

tekxxstat84xp

i am...THE BIG STAR!!!
Years
Username: Tekxxstat84xp
Your Starter Pokemon: Dewott
Nickname: King

Kings signature move would be razor shell but powered up somehow like by the mystic water. Like dawns piplup with peck, its beak gets longer, kings blade would get longer.

Years

As bad as it sounds, i would like a Zubat as a starter because i love Crobat so damn much.
also having a flying starter would be good for shredding the fighting and bug type gyms that are generally early in the game and usually kanda difficult.

Look at the starter Pokemon you chose as your partner and think of the moves they possibly use. Which move would be a *star* move for them? Which one would they be using far often?

My Charmander would shred flamethrower and maybe metal claw...

Giant Magikarp

I like Iris...
Years
Look at the starter Pokemon you chose as your partner and think of the moves they possibly use. Which move would be a *star* move for them? Which one would they be using far often?

My Munchlax should use Body Slam or Rest coz he's Munchlax

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Username: synerjee

Your Starter Pokemon: Cyndaquil! <3

The star move for my Cyndaquil would definitely be Flamethrower. What else would be suitable for that adorable power-packed starter?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
oh my goodness! More members! I am so grateful for that! Welcome aboard to those who just joined! I'm so glad to see y'all. Great choices of Pokemon by the way!

For my starter, which is Meganium, it would definitely be solarbeam, but the problem with that is in the games it learns the move towards last. So it takes a lot longer for a Meganium in the game to learn solarbeam. But I do also imagine it learning Vine Whip as their star move, as a grass type it can wipe out their opponent in battle using vine whip, as the whip is stronger since it had evolved.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
For my starter, which is Meganium, it would definitely be solarbeam, but the problem with that is in the games it learns the move towards last. So it takes a lot longer for a Meganium in the game to learn solarbeam.

I never thought of that! I just realized that my Infernape would not also learn Flare Blitz until later in the game. How would that be a star move? *smacks forehead*

Well then, I guess Mach Punch would be the next candidate. As I said, Infernapes are quick species of Pokemon. Being the first to throw a punch (literally) would be really apt for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back