ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1026    
Old April 24th, 2013 (9:06 PM).
Paige's Avatar
Paige Paige is online now
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 28
Posts: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjiegodz View Post
will we see the beta 3 of this game or not?
I'm pretty sure beta 3 will come eventually, just need to be patient.
__________________

Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #1027    
Old April 25th, 2013 (1:03 AM).
patrick_20052005 patrick_20052005 is offline
     
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Posts: 98
    oh wow the sprite changes and music alterations are just so amazing. :) I wish to the new additions like the sevii islands that are planned to be included after the kanto quest in the coming beta.

    I forgot if i asked this already, but diego would it be possible to include your mom buying you some pokemon dolls as you progress in the game? i somehow missed that feature.
    Reply With Quote
      #1028    
    Old April 25th, 2013 (7:27 AM).
    The Brahma Bull's Avatar
    The Brahma Bull The Brahma Bull is offline
    Pokemon CrystalDust Fan
       
      Join Date: Dec 2011
      Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Lonely
      Posts: 40
      Hey! Diego
      The game freezes when u enter inside the battle tower... Only black screen appears...
      Reply With Quote
        #1029    
      Old April 25th, 2013 (10:00 AM).
      Hound of Justice Hound of Justice is offline
      Banned
         
        Join Date: Aug 2012
        Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Naughty
        Posts: 1,082
        So i won the elite 4 and lance and i liked the changes in the rooms the hack didnt had any bugs until the end when i won lance i teleported to violet town after the credits
        Also finally all the week siblings appear now and the time bugs with gameboid are fixed.. except a new little problem kurt never gives me a ball after 1 day and i cant enter the bug catching contest after i compete once...
        And a small graphical glitch when i evolved slowpoke to slowking while i was holding a kings rock some black boxes appear for 1 sec this happened with politoed too so it has to do with pokes that evolve while holding an item
        Reply With Quote
          #1030    
        Old April 25th, 2013 (11:26 PM).
        XeroNos's Avatar
        XeroNos XeroNos is offline
           
          Join Date: Jan 2011
          Location: Finding new Challenges !!
          Age: 28
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Brave
          Posts: 3,015
          Man this could be because you are playing it on Gameboid, the Day and Night system is not working properly for you???
          Reply With Quote
            #1031    
          Old April 30th, 2013 (7:43 AM).
          The Brahma Bull's Avatar
          The Brahma Bull The Brahma Bull is offline
          Pokemon CrystalDust Fan
             
            Join Date: Dec 2011
            Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
            Age: 23
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Lonely
            Posts: 40
            Berries are not growing...
            Reply With Quote
              #1032    
            Old May 2nd, 2013 (12:32 AM).
            XeroNos's Avatar
            XeroNos XeroNos is offline
               
              Join Date: Jan 2011
              Location: Finding new Challenges !!
              Age: 28
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Brave
              Posts: 3,015
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by The Brahma Bull View Post
              Berries are not growing...
              Check the real time clock settings from the emulator.
              Reply With Quote
                #1033    
              Old May 4th, 2013 (2:06 AM).
              Hound of Justice Hound of Justice is offline
              Banned
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2012
                Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Naughty
                Posts: 1,082
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
                Check the real time clock settings from the emulator.
                So desperate for post count that you have to post unhelpful crap all the time arent you :D
                Reply With Quote
                  #1034    
                Old May 5th, 2013 (11:06 PM).
                HeyJowd's Avatar
                HeyJowd HeyJowd is offline
                Silver's Apprentice
                   
                  Join Date: May 2013
                  Location: Johto
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Brave
                  Posts: 1
                  Um, hey there everyone. I've encountered a problem with freezing in-game.
                  I just finished beating clair and i've recieved the master ball from Prof. Elm.
                  When i set foot to kanto, the game freezes.

                  I've already set foot here once in order to get the moon stone inside tohjo falls and it didn't freeze before.

                  Please help! I really love this hack, And i really wanna finish it because GSC was the first ever pokemon game i've played, and out of all the GSC hacks i've played, this is the one I love the best. Nostalgia feels all over.

                  Please help me (( thanks in advance
                  Reply With Quote
                    #1035    
                  Old May 6th, 2013 (9:05 AM).
                  Josephine's Avatar
                  Josephine Josephine is offline
                  • Developer
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2004
                  Gender: Female
                  Posts: 1,554
                  Awesome stuff, I'll be sure to download and give it a play soon.

                  Two tiny things that I've noticed however, from the screenies you have on show, are that the rocket executives you're fighting in the screen below are both simply called "TEAM ROCKET EXECUTIVE"



                  (Maybe think about giving them more distinguishable names, like "ROCKET EXECUTIVE MICHAEL" and "ROCKET EXECUTIVE LANEY")

                  and that you have "CUTS" in all caps in the the next screen below, where it probably shouldn't be for continuities sake.



                  (It's typically only nouns that are capitalised. CUT would be capitalised as it's the name of a move, but not the action of cutting)

                  I haven't thumbed through all the pages in here so I apologize if these have already been pointed out.
                  __________________
                  i am report EVERYBODY
                  ~ so you best behavior ~
                  Reply With Quote
                    #1036    
                  Old May 6th, 2013 (11:55 AM).
                  amandayoung's Avatar
                  amandayoung amandayoung is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2008
                    Posts: 7
                    It would be awesome if you imported the BW2 repel system as seen here:
                    pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=291023
                    Keep it up! This is the best remake for Crystal out there! We can't wait for Beta 3, and hopefully a final completed version soon!!!
                    Reply With Quote
                      #1037    
                    Old May 7th, 2013 (1:13 AM).
                    Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                    Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                    Memento Mori
                    • Gold Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2008
                    Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Calm
                    Posts: 14,498
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by amandayoung View Post
                    It would be awesome if you imported the BW2 repel system as seen here:
                    pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=291023
                    Keep it up! This is the best remake for Crystal out there! We can't wait for Beta 3, and hopefully a final completed version soon!!!
                    Well... Repel system has been implemented for FR...
                    Diego would have to do all the work of porting it to Emerald by himself.
                    __________________
                    ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                    Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                    Reply With Quote
                      #1038    
                    Old May 13th, 2013 (4:22 AM).
                    pranish999 pranish999 is offline
                       
                      Join Date: May 2013
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 2
                      Wow pokemon crystal dust came in 2nd place
                      Reply With Quote
                        #1039    
                      Old May 17th, 2013 (7:41 PM).
                      MrAPT1's Avatar
                      MrAPT1 MrAPT1 is offline
                      That one guy who does stuff
                         
                        Join Date: Dec 2008
                        Location: Under the truck
                        Age: 21
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 65
                        So after some consulting with Diego, we both have agreed that posting my track progress here would be a pretty good idea, so I'll be doing that whenever I can get around to it.

                        Anyways, as of late I've worked on 2 themes that you guys probably won't be hearing until the next beta is released, so I figure I'd let you guys listen to them early.

                        (Spoilers because the video display is rather large)

                        Spoiler:


                        __________________
                        My Youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAPT1
                        Reply With Quote
                          #1040    
                        Old May 17th, 2013 (10:51 PM).
                        XeroNos's Avatar
                        XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Jan 2011
                          Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                          Age: 28
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Brave
                          Posts: 3,015
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by tonti View Post
                          So after some consulting with Diego, we both have agreed that posting my track progress here would be a pretty good idea, so I'll be doing that whenever I can get around to it.

                          Anyways, as of late I've worked on 2 themes that you guys probably won't be hearing until the next beta is released, so I figure I'd let you guys listen to them early.

                          (Spoilers because the video display is rather large)

                          Spoiler:


                          The music hears great. Too bad only the music section is being progressed though....
                          Reply With Quote
                            #1041    
                          Old May 18th, 2013 (10:28 AM).
                          catroZ's Avatar
                          catroZ catroZ is offline
                          Working...Don't bother me...
                             
                            Join Date: May 2013
                            Location: Cork,Ireland
                            Age: 18
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Bold
                            Posts: 93
                            Wow, been playing the hack ever since Beta 2 came out.
                            BTW, I'm wondering whether DIA(DiegoIsAwesome) will release Beta 3, 'cause he's after updating the main thread
                            __________________
                            Founder of ZPF forums<-make sure you take a visit [/SIZE]
                            Reply With Quote
                              #1042    
                            Old May 18th, 2013 (1:42 PM).
                            amandayoung's Avatar
                            amandayoung amandayoung is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Dec 2008
                              Posts: 7
                              Awesome! I've been playing the hack for the past two weeks and I have not encounter any bugs or something annoying at all! The only thing it might should be improved in the next beta is the regional map full view. Personally I like the pallete and graphic details better in Liquid Crystal town map. ( I haven't got enough posts to attach images so i give the links to compare the two of them! )

                              Liquid Crystal: linkandzelda.com/liquidcrystal/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/2yorbza.png

                              Crystal Dust: o15.com/w/images/9/92/CrystalDust_johtomap.png
                              Reply With Quote
                                #1043    
                              Old May 18th, 2013 (3:12 PM).
                              !Oblivion !Oblivion is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: May 2013
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 2
                                I don't know if it's me or something. But followed the steps on your website and when i go and open the emulator only a whitescreen appears. HELP!
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #1044    
                                Old May 18th, 2013 (8:58 PM).
                                Repartee's Avatar
                                Repartee Repartee is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: May 2013
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 8
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by !Oblivion View Post
                                  I don't know if it's me or something. But followed the steps on your website and when i go and open the emulator only a whitescreen appears. HELP!
                                  You need to change the save type to Flash 128k
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #1045    
                                  Old May 19th, 2013 (11:32 PM).
                                  XeroNos's Avatar
                                  XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jan 2011
                                    Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                                    Age: 28
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Brave
                                    Posts: 3,015
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by !Oblivion View Post
                                    I don't know if it's me or something. But followed the steps on your website and when i go and open the emulator only a whitescreen appears. HELP!
                                    Also you must be using a clean Emerald hack so that this foes not occurs. Generally the white screen issue comes from the bad choice of base ROM
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #1046    
                                    Old May 22nd, 2013 (7:37 PM).
                                    Diegoisawesome's Avatar
                                    Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
                                    Oh god the bees
                                    • Silver Tier
                                     
                                    Join Date: Dec 2007
                                    Location: :noitacoL
                                    Age: 20
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Naive
                                    Posts: 1,035
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
                                    Man not a day passes in which there is not an update. Can you at least make a reasonable change and then release a beta. Just a friendly suggestion
                                    Hah, I guess your suggestion worked. It's been a few weeks since my last update.
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by amandayoung View Post
                                    Awesome! I love it so much and I can't wait for the final release <3 I also tried the multiplayer functionality using the VBA-Link wireless adapter and it works perfect, like the original Emerald version. No lag or communication errors at all. Please DO NOT REMOVE this awesome thing from your game! All the other good hacks I've played ( Liquid Crystal, Flora Sky, Light Platinum ) have the multiplayer removed or it is corrupted and bugged. Please make it like the original Pokemon Crystal and keep the multiplayer feature alive as it is now. Even if your rom runs out of space, remove something else but keep the multiplayet intact!!!!
                                    I am 21 and I love remember the good old times with my friends... We use Hamatchi to play online Emerald, and now your hack offer us a great single player too, exactly like original pokemon Crystal, my favourite game of all times.
                                    Thanks for your comment! I will NOT be removing multiplayer.
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by arjiegodz View Post
                                    will we see the beta 3 of this game or not?
                                    Eventually.
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by lucious101 View Post
                                    I looked though the thread and can't find information about the friendship system. Did you leave the Gen 3 system from emerald or did you implement the Gen 2 system to match Crystal?
                                    The friendship system? You mean the methods for Pokémon to become friendlier? It's the same as Emerald.
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by patrick_20052005 View Post
                                    I forgot if i asked this already, but diego would it be possible to include your mom buying you some pokemon dolls as you progress in the game? i somehow missed that feature.
                                    I may be implementing that in the future, after I make the banking system work.
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by The Brahma Bull View Post
                                    Hey! Diego
                                    The game freezes when u enter inside the battle tower... Only black screen appears...
                                    I've fixed this in today's update. Sorry for taking so long!
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
                                    So i won the elite 4 and lance and i liked the changes in the rooms the hack didnt had any bugs until the end when i won lance i teleported to violet town after the credits
                                    Also finally all the week siblings appear now and the time bugs with gameboid are fixed.. except a new little problem kurt never gives me a ball after 1 day and i cant enter the bug catching contest after i compete once...
                                    And a small graphical glitch when i evolved slowpoke to slowking while i was holding a kings rock some black boxes appear for 1 sec this happened with politoed too so it has to do with pokes that evolve while holding an item
                                    I think I've fixed the teleportation to Violet glitch. I dunno what's up with Kurt and the Contest, though.
                                    And I've never seen the glitch when evolving via held item on level up.
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by The Brahma Bull View Post
                                    Berries are not growing...
                                    You probably need to enable the RTC in your emulator. If you're using Windows, just download the VBA package from my website.
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by HeyJowd View Post
                                    Um, hey there everyone. I've encountered a problem with freezing in-game.
                                    I just finished beating clair and i've recieved the master ball from Prof. Elm.
                                    When i set foot to kanto, the game freezes.

                                    I've already set foot here once in order to get the moon stone inside tohjo falls and it didn't freeze before.

                                    Please help! I really love this hack, And i really wanna finish it because GSC was the first ever pokemon game i've played, and out of all the GSC hacks i've played, this is the one I love the best. Nostalgia feels all over.

                                    Please help me (( thanks in advance
                                    Fixed this in today's update. This and the Battle Tower glitch were because of errors in the GB Player.
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Counterfeit View Post
                                    Awesome stuff, I'll be sure to download and give it a play soon.

                                    Two tiny things that I've noticed however, from the screenies you have on show, are that the rocket executives you're fighting in the screen below are both simply called "TEAM ROCKET EXECUTIVE"



                                    (Maybe think about giving them more distinguishable names, like "ROCKET EXECUTIVE MICHAEL" and "ROCKET EXECUTIVE LANEY")

                                    and that you have "CUTS" in all caps in the the next screen below, where it probably shouldn't be for continuities sake.



                                    (It's typically only nouns that are capitalised. CUT would be capitalised as it's the name of a move, but not the action of cutting)

                                    I haven't thumbed through all the pages in here so I apologize if these have already been pointed out.
                                    The first one is simply keeping with the way GSC had it. I don't want to give them names they didn't already have *coughHGSScough*. And the second one? The S after an all-caps word has been capitalized since Gen II. I used to have it the other way, but I ended up changing it back.
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by amandayoung View Post
                                    It would be awesome if you imported the BW2 repel system as seen here:
                                    pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=291023
                                    Keep it up! This is the best remake for Crystal out there! We can't wait for Beta 3, and hopefully a final completed version soon!!!
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
                                    Well... Repel system has been implemented for FR...
                                    Diego would have to do all the work of porting it to Emerald by himself.
                                    Besides that and the fact that it's buggy, I don't think it fits in with the "accurate remake" theme here.
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by pranish999 View Post
                                    Wow pokemon crystal dust came in 2nd place
                                    It certainly did!
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by tonti View Post
                                    So after some consulting with Diego, we both have agreed that posting my track progress here would be a pretty good idea, so I'll be doing that whenever I can get around to it.

                                    Anyways, as of late I've worked on 2 themes that you guys probably won't be hearing until the next beta is released, so I figure I'd let you guys listen to them early.

                                    (Spoilers because the video display is rather large)

                                    Spoiler:


                                    Loving the music, man!
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
                                    The music hears great. Too bad only the music section is being progressed though....
                                    Look, I apologize, but not only am I trying to work on Shining Opal at the time, but I've had less free time recently. CrystalDust Beta 3 will get here when it gets here and not a moment sooner.
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by zortac View Post
                                    Wow, been playing the hack ever since Beta 2 came out.
                                    BTW, I'm wondering whether DIA(DiegoIsAwesome) will release Beta 3, 'cause he's after updating the main thread
                                    I have literally made NO progress on Beta 3. I haven't even made the script for Elm's phone call. And it's a good thing too, otherwise I wouldn't be able to send out bugfixes so easily.
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by amandayoung View Post
                                    Awesome! I've been playing the hack for the past two weeks and I have not encounter any bugs or something annoying at all! The only thing it might should be improved in the next beta is the regional map full view. Personally I like the pallete and graphic details better in Liquid Crystal town map. ( I haven't got enough posts to attach images so i give the links to compare the two of them! )

                                    Liquid Crystal: linkandzelda.com/liquidcrystal/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/2yorbza.png

                                    Crystal Dust: o15.com/w/images/9/92/CrystalDust_johtomap.png
                                    Thanks! FRLG style all the way!
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by !Oblivion View Post
                                    I don't know if it's me or something. But followed the steps on your website and when i go and open the emulator only a whitescreen appears. HELP!
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Repartee View Post
                                    You need to change the save type to Flash 128k
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
                                    Also you must be using a clean Emerald hack so that this foes not occurs. Generally the white screen issue comes from the bad choice of base ROM
                                    These two problems could be what's causing your white screen issue. Generally though, it's the first one.
                                    If you don't want to bother setting up your emulator yourself, just download VBA straight from my site.

                                    Onto today's update! It's not a very big one, mostly bugfixes, but I've also included new Town Maps made by yours truly:

                                    Tell me if you have any bugs with them! (If the images haven't updated for you, Shift+Refresh)
                                    __________________


                                    My other resources:
                                    My Website
                                    diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
                                    diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
                                    The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
                                    Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
                                    GBA Intro Manager
                                    The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #1047    
                                    Old May 23rd, 2013 (5:52 AM).
                                    chaosrules's Avatar
                                    chaosrules chaosrules is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Dec 2009
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 33
                                      I'm really interested in this hack, as Crystal was my first Pokemon game. The main story is finished, correct?
                                      __________________

                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #1048    
                                      Old May 24th, 2013 (5:40 PM).
                                      unknown231's Avatar
                                      unknown231 unknown231 is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Apr 2013
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 13
                                        i can't wait for the Beta 3!!!!!!!! i hope there's a new pokemon like 4th or 5th gen
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #1049    
                                        Old May 24th, 2013 (11:32 PM).
                                        Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                                        Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                                        Memento Mori
                                        • Gold Tier
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jul 2008
                                        Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                                        Age: 25
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Calm
                                        Posts: 14,498
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by unknown231 View Post
                                        i can't wait for the Beta 3!!!!!!!! i hope there's a new pokemon like 4th or 5th gen
                                        What would they do in 2nd generation remake?
                                        __________________
                                        ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                                        Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #1050    
                                        Old May 25th, 2013 (8:29 PM).
                                        Repartee's Avatar
                                        Repartee Repartee is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: May 2013
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 8
                                          We just download the latest patch from the wiki site right? Is there anyway of telling if it is the latest patch?
                                          Reply With Quote
                                          Reply

                                          Quick Reply

                                          Join the conversation!

                                          Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                          Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                          Sponsored Links
                                          Thread Tools

                                          Posting Rules
                                          You may not post new threads
                                          You may not post replies
                                          You may not post attachments
                                          You may not edit your posts

                                          BB code is On
                                          Smilies are On
                                          [IMG] code is On
                                          HTML code is Off

                                          Forum Jump


                                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:02 AM.