ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #8126    
Old April 28th, 2013 (10:14 PM). Edited April 28th, 2013 by HidoranBlaze.
HidoranBlaze's Avatar
HidoranBlaze HidoranBlaze is offline
     
    Join Date: Apr 2013
    Age: 21
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 253
    I know Doom Chaos already asked this but
    how do you edit the script for wallace in emerald
    i'm trying to edit what he says and all i'm getting is a bunch of setvar
    can someone help me with this i'm a total noob
    advanced text isn't working for me either

    Relevant Advertising!

      #8127    
    Old April 28th, 2013 (11:02 PM).
    LaDestitute's Avatar
    LaDestitute LaDestitute is offline
    Razor Sharp
       
      Join Date: Apr 2013
      Location: West Coast, USA
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 84
      Please search both on here and google next time, before you ask for help.

      Anyhow, go to this link and unzip the included file in Advance-Text's "ini" folder:
      http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=92163
        #8128    
      Old April 30th, 2013 (12:26 PM).
      MaxvdBroek MaxvdBroek is offline
         
        Join Date: Apr 2013
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 2
        Could anyone please help me out? I've got two little problems.

        I'm a beginner in hacking Pokemon games. There's a bug in my hack. When I'm on my re-designed "Route 1" battling wild Pokemon, after the battle a bug comes up. Suddenly I'm a walking cut-tree, and my character is frozen.

        I've made a video of it to make it clear:
        YouTube [ dot ] com /watch?v=c4fw76Vdo8M

        It's a cut tree which I made on my own, but I copied all important information of another cut tree.



        My second problem is that when I open the "PLAYER-button" in the MENU, the game restarts. The screen turns into black, and the opening scene of the game plays again.

        Thanks in advance!
          #8129    
        Old April 30th, 2013 (2:38 PM).
        karatekid552's Avatar
        karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
        What happens if I push it?....
           
          Join Date: Nov 2012
          Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Bold
          Posts: 1,766
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by MaxvdBroek View Post
          Could anyone please help me out? I've got two little problems.

          I'm a beginner in hacking Pokemon games. There's a bug in my hack. When I'm on my re-designed "Route 1" battling wild Pokemon, after the battle a bug comes up. Suddenly I'm a walking cut-tree, and my character is frozen.

          I've made a video of it to make it clear:
          YouTube [ dot ] com /watch?v=c4fw76Vdo8M

          It's a cut tree which I made on my own, but I copied all important information of another cut tree.



          My second problem is that when I open the "PLAYER-button" in the MENU, the game restarts. The screen turns into black, and the opening scene of the game plays again.

          Thanks in advance!
          This belongs in Simple Questions, just FWI.

          1) This is very, very common. I have seen it at least 4 times and I have personally experienced it. There is only one solution I know of, besides completely deleting the map and starting over.

          Solution: Take the sprite which you become, don't change anything about it, but move it to a point on screen which it won't be visible or give it the flag of the pokemon menu (in FR = 828) as the Person I.D. (which is down at the bottom of the settings). This will hide it permanently. Now, just make another cut tree. If you delete the original sprite which has problems, it will just shift to another sprite by random!

          2) You broke it, lol. You must have scripted over or changed the data that deals with loading the players card or you deleted/corrupted at least one of the images on the trainer card.
          __________________

          Paired with Simba
            #8130    
          Old April 30th, 2013 (4:01 PM).
          HidoranBlaze's Avatar
          HidoranBlaze HidoranBlaze is offline
             
            Join Date: Apr 2013
            Age: 21
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 253
            hi guys i'm having trouble with a script could you guys help me?
            ok so i have a guy at Pos X/Y = 000B 0009, and i want the player to follow him to oak's lab.
            but for some reason it's not working like I want it to. and the guy doesn't disappear correctly.
            The script is:
            #dyn 0x740000
            #org @main
            lock
            faceplayer
            message @talk
            callstd MSG_NORMAL
            compare PLAYERFACING UP
            if == call @up
            compare PLAYERFACING DOWN
            if == call @down
            compare PLAYERFACING RIGHT
            if == call @right
            compare PLAYERFACING LEFT
            if == call @right
            message @seeya
            callstd MSG_NOCLOSE
            pause 0xA
            closemsg
            applymovement 0x4 @walkaway
            applymovement PLAYER @seeaway
            pauseevent 0x0
            fadedefault
            disappear 0x4
            setflag 0x2250
            release
            end

            #org @up
            applymovement 0x4 @leadup
            applymovement PLAYER @followup
            pauseevent 0x0
            return

            #org @down
            applymovement 0x4 @leaddown
            applymovement PLAYER @followdown
            pauseevent 0x0
            return

            #org @right
            applymovement 0x4 @leadright
            applymovement PLAYER @followright
            pauseevent 0x0
            return

            #org @left
            applymovement 0x4 @leadleft
            applymovement PLAYER @followleft
            pauseevent 0x0
            return


            #org @talk
            = Follow me to OAK's lab.

            #org @seeya
            = Here it is. Seeya!

            #org @walkaway
            m walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_up end

            #org @seeaway
            m look_right look_right look_right look_right look_right look_right end

            #org @leadup
            m walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right end

            #org @followup
            m walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right end

            #org @leaddown
            m look_right walk_right walk_down walk_down walk_left walk_down walk_down walk_down look_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right end

            #org @followdown
            m look_up_delayed long_pause long_pause look_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right end

            #org @leadright
            m look_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right end

            #org @followright
            m look_left walk_left walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right end

            #org @leadleft
            m look_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right end

            #org @followleft
            m look_right walk_right walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right end

            (I'm using pksv-ui by the way)
              #8131    
            Old May 2nd, 2013 (9:22 AM).
            MaxvdBroek MaxvdBroek is offline
               
              Join Date: Apr 2013
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 2
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
              Solution: Take the sprite which you become, don't change anything about it, but move it to a point on screen which it won't be visible or give it the flag of the pokemon menu (in FR = 828) as the Person I.D. (which is down at the bottom of the settings). This will hide it permanently. Now, just make another cut tree. If you delete the original sprite which has problems, it will just shift to another sprite by random!
              Thank you for your reply! I'll try it later this day!

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
              2) You broke it, lol. You must have scripted over or changed the data that deals with loading the players card or you deleted/corrupted at least one of the images on the trainer card.
              Is there any way that I can replace the new scripts with the old Fire Red scripts?
              The only programs I used are Advance Map, A-text and a very little bit XSE (but just so that Prof Oak walks in a different way). Non of these programs could have changed the menu script, right?
                #8132    
              Old May 2nd, 2013 (9:30 AM).
              karatekid552's Avatar
              karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
              What happens if I push it?....
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2012
                Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Bold
                Posts: 1,766
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by MaxvdBroek View Post
                Is there any way that I can replace the new scripts with the old Fire Red scripts?
                The only programs I used are Advance Map, A-text and a very little bit XSE (but just so that Prof Oak walks in a different way). Non of these programs could have changed the menu script, right?
                There is a possiblity that A-text could have caused it if you replaced/overwrited the wrong stuff. What were you changing?

                A-map also could have bugged out. What version are you using?
                __________________

                Paired with Simba
                  #8133    
                Old May 3rd, 2013 (3:20 PM).
                firemac3's Avatar
                firemac3 firemac3 is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2011
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 5
                  hey guys im newer too scripting, but i have the basics down. im having trouble with a lengthy script im trying to write that gives you a pokemon depending on your personality types all yes/no questions please correct my mistakes and tell me what i did wrong here i really appreciate it.

                  #dynamic 0x9C2A2B

                  #org @start
                  lock
                  faceplayer
                  checkflag 0x860
                  if 0x1 goto @done
                  msgbox @question 0x5
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                  if 0x1 goto @giveduskull
                  msgbox @question2 0x5
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                  if 0x1 goto @givechickorita
                  msgbox @question3 0x5
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                  if 0x1 goto @givesandshrew
                  msgbox @question4 0x5
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                  if 0x1 goto @givewurmple
                  msgbox @question5 0x5
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                  if 0x1 goto @givepichu
                  msgbox @question6 0x5
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                  if 0x1 goto @givevulpix
                  msgbox @question7 0x5
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                  if 0x1 goto @giveroselia
                  msgbox @question8 0x5
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                  if 0x1 goto @givepoliwag
                  msgbox @chandler 0x6
                  release
                  end

                  #org @done
                  msgbox @goaway 0x6
                  release
                  end

                  #org @chandler
                  msgbox @talk0 0x6
                  givepokemon 0x168 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                  fanfare 0x13E
                  msgbox @damnkid 0x06
                  waitfanfare
                  setflag 0x860
                  release
                  end

                  #org @talk0
                  = Okay so you are clearly indecisive\nand cannot make up your mind\lhowever we anticipated this... here\lis you ****** pokemon.

                  #org @damnkid
                  = Have fun \v\h01 ... (Chandler)

                  #org @goaway
                  = Damn Kid ! You need to get a life\nbefore I decide to end yours!

                  #org @question
                  = Hello \v\h01...\nI have been expecting you...\lI have a few Questions please\lanswer them honestly,\lAre you Mischivous?

                  #org @giveduskull
                  msgbox @talk1 0x6
                  givepokemon 0x169 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                  fanfare 0x13E
                  msgbox @recievedduskull 0x6
                  waitfanfare
                  setflag 0x860
                  release
                  end

                  #org @talk1
                  = I You and this little Pokemon have\nan attatchment beyond words...\ldefend it with your life...

                  #org @recievedduskull
                  = You Recieved a DUSKULL !

                  #org @question2
                  = Are you Nice?

                  #org @givechickorita
                  msgbox @talk2 0x6
                  givepokemon 0x98 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                  fanfare 0x13E
                  msgbox @recievedchickorita 0x6
                  waitfanfare
                  setflag 0x860
                  release
                  end

                  #org @talk2
                  = I You and this little Pokemon have\nan attatchment beyond words...\ldefend it with your life...

                  #org @recievedchickorita
                  = You Recieved a CHICKORITA !

                  #org @question3
                  = Are you Shy?

                  #org @givesandshrew
                  msgbox @talk3 0x6
                  givepokemon 0x1B 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                  fanfare 0x13E
                  msgbox @recievedsandshrew 0x6
                  waitfanfare
                  setflag 0x860
                  release
                  end

                  #org @talk3
                  = I You and this little Pokemon have\nan attatchment beyond words...\ldefend it with your life...

                  #org @recievedsandshrew
                  = You Recieved a SANDSHREW !

                  #org @question4
                  = Are you Insecure?

                  #org @givewurmple
                  msgbox @talk4 0x6
                  givepokemon 0x122 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                  fanfare 0x13E
                  msgbox @recievedwurmple 0x6
                  waitfanfare
                  release
                  end

                  #org @talk4
                  = I You and this little Pokemon have\nan attatchment beyond words...\ldefend it with your life...

                  #org @recievedwurmple
                  = You Recieved a WURMPLE !

                  #org @question5
                  = Are you Eccentric?

                  #org @givepichu
                  msgbox @talk5 0x6
                  givepokemon 0xAC 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                  fanfare 0x13E
                  msgbox @recievedpichu 0x6
                  waitfanfare
                  release
                  end

                  #org @talk5
                  = I You and this little Pokemon have\nan attatchment beyond words...\ldefend it with your life...

                  #org @recievedpichu
                  = You Recieved a PICHU !

                  #org @question6
                  = Are you Hot-Tempered?

                  #org @givevulpix
                  msgbox @talk6 0x6
                  givepokemon 0x25 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                  fanfare 0x13E
                  msgbox @recievedvulpix 0x6
                  waitfanfare
                  release
                  end

                  #org @talk6
                  = I You and this little Pokemon have\nan attatchment beyond words...\ldefend it with your life...

                  #org @recievedvulpix
                  = You Recieved a VULPIX !

                  #org @question7
                  = Are you Self-Centered?

                  #org @giveroselia
                  msgbox @talk7 0x06
                  givepokemon 0x16B 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                  fanfare 0x13E
                  msgbox @recievedroselia 0x6
                  waitfanfare
                  release
                  end

                  #org @talk7
                  = I You and this little Pokemon have\nan attatchment beyond words...\ldefend it with your life...

                  #org @recievedroselia
                  = You Recieved a ROSELIA !

                  #org @givepoliwag
                  msgbox @talk8 0x6
                  givepokemon 0x3C 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                  fanfare 0x13E
                  msgbox @recievedpoliwag 0x6
                  waitfanfare
                  release
                  end

                  #org @talk8
                  = I You and this little Pokemon have\nan attatchment beyond words...\ldefend it with your life...

                  #org @recievedpoliwag
                  = You Recieved a POLIWAG !
                    #8134    
                  Old May 3rd, 2013 (3:39 PM).
                  karatekid552's Avatar
                  karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                  What happens if I push it?....
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2012
                    Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Bold
                    Posts: 1,766
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by firemac3 View Post
                    hey guys im newer too scripting, but i have the basics down. im having trouble with a lengthy script im trying to write that gives you a pokemon depending on your personality types all yes/no questions please correct my mistakes and tell me what i did wrong here i really appreciate it.

                    Spoiler:
                    #dynamic 0x9C2A2B

                    #org @start
                    lock
                    faceplayer
                    checkflag 0x860
                    if 0x1 goto @done
                    msgbox @question 0x5
                    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                    if 0x1 goto @giveduskull
                    msgbox @question2 0x5
                    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                    if 0x1 goto @givechickorita
                    msgbox @question3 0x5
                    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                    if 0x1 goto @givesandshrew
                    msgbox @question4 0x5
                    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                    if 0x1 goto @givewurmple
                    msgbox @question5 0x5
                    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                    if 0x1 goto @givepichu
                    msgbox @question6 0x5
                    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                    if 0x1 goto @givevulpix
                    msgbox @question7 0x5
                    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                    if 0x1 goto @giveroselia
                    msgbox @question8 0x5
                    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                    if 0x1 goto @givepoliwag
                    msgbox @chandler 0x6
                    release
                    end

                    #org @done
                    msgbox @goaway 0x6
                    release
                    end

                    #org @chandler
                    msgbox @talk0 0x6
                    givepokemon 0x168 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                    fanfare 0x13E
                    msgbox @damnkid 0x06
                    waitfanfare
                    setflag 0x860
                    release
                    end

                    #org @talk0
                    = Okay so you are clearly indecisive\nand cannot make up your mind\lhowever we anticipated this... here\lis you ****** pokemon.

                    #org @damnkid
                    = Have fun \v\h01 ... (Chandler)

                    #org @goaway
                    = Damn Kid ! You need to get a life\nbefore I decide to end yours!

                    #org @question
                    = Hello \v\h01...\nI have been expecting you...\lI have a few Questions please\lanswer them honestly,\lAre you Mischivous?

                    #org @giveduskull
                    msgbox @talk1 0x6
                    givepokemon 0x169 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                    fanfare 0x13E
                    msgbox @recievedduskull 0x6
                    waitfanfare
                    setflag 0x860
                    release
                    end

                    #org @talk1
                    = I You and this little Pokemon have\nan attatchment beyond words...\ldefend it with your life...

                    #org @recievedduskull
                    = You Recieved a DUSKULL !

                    #org @question2
                    = Are you Nice?

                    #org @givechickorita
                    msgbox @talk2 0x6
                    givepokemon 0x98 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                    fanfare 0x13E
                    msgbox @recievedchickorita 0x6
                    waitfanfare
                    setflag 0x860
                    release
                    end

                    #org @talk2
                    = I You and this little Pokemon have\nan attatchment beyond words...\ldefend it with your life...

                    #org @recievedchickorita
                    = You Recieved a CHICKORITA !

                    #org @question3
                    = Are you Shy?

                    #org @givesandshrew
                    msgbox @talk3 0x6
                    givepokemon 0x1B 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                    fanfare 0x13E
                    msgbox @recievedsandshrew 0x6
                    waitfanfare
                    setflag 0x860
                    release
                    end

                    #org @talk3
                    = I You and this little Pokemon have\nan attatchment beyond words...\ldefend it with your life...

                    #org @recievedsandshrew
                    = You Recieved a SANDSHREW !

                    #org @question4
                    = Are you Insecure?

                    #org @givewurmple
                    msgbox @talk4 0x6
                    givepokemon 0x122 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                    fanfare 0x13E
                    msgbox @recievedwurmple 0x6
                    waitfanfare
                    release
                    end

                    #org @talk4
                    = I You and this little Pokemon have\nan attatchment beyond words...\ldefend it with your life...

                    #org @recievedwurmple
                    = You Recieved a WURMPLE !

                    #org @question5
                    = Are you Eccentric?

                    #org @givepichu
                    msgbox @talk5 0x6
                    givepokemon 0xAC 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                    fanfare 0x13E
                    msgbox @recievedpichu 0x6
                    waitfanfare
                    release
                    end

                    #org @talk5
                    = I You and this little Pokemon have\nan attatchment beyond words...\ldefend it with your life...

                    #org @recievedpichu
                    = You Recieved a PICHU !

                    #org @question6
                    = Are you Hot-Tempered?

                    #org @givevulpix
                    msgbox @talk6 0x6
                    givepokemon 0x25 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                    fanfare 0x13E
                    msgbox @recievedvulpix 0x6
                    waitfanfare
                    release
                    end

                    #org @talk6
                    = I You and this little Pokemon have\nan attatchment beyond words...\ldefend it with your life...

                    #org @recievedvulpix
                    = You Recieved a VULPIX !

                    #org @question7
                    = Are you Self-Centered?

                    #org @giveroselia
                    msgbox @talk7 0x06
                    givepokemon 0x16B 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                    fanfare 0x13E
                    msgbox @recievedroselia 0x6
                    waitfanfare
                    release
                    end

                    #org @talk7
                    = I You and this little Pokemon have\nan attatchment beyond words...\ldefend it with your life...

                    #org @recievedroselia
                    = You Recieved a ROSELIA !

                    #org @givepoliwag
                    msgbox @talk8 0x6
                    givepokemon 0x3C 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                    fanfare 0x13E
                    msgbox @recievedpoliwag 0x6
                    waitfanfare
                    release
                    end

                    #org @talk8
                    = I You and this little Pokemon have\nan attatchment beyond words...\ldefend it with your life...

                    #org @recievedpoliwag
                    = You Recieved a POLIWAG !
                    Just scrolling through, I honestly don't see a problem, but I might have missed something. Can you explain what happends when the script runs?
                    __________________

                    Paired with Simba
                      #8135    
                    Old May 3rd, 2013 (3:46 PM).
                    firemac3's Avatar
                    firemac3 firemac3 is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2011
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 5
                      It either doesn't show the messages and u click A and then gives u the yes/no box, and when u click it it restarts the game, or it flashes into white screen and stays that way.
                        #8136    
                      Old May 6th, 2013 (1:40 AM).
                      horcruxrocks's Avatar
                      horcruxrocks horcruxrocks is offline
                      Pokemon Lover
                         
                        Join Date: May 2012
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Brave
                        Posts: 12
                        hey guys

                        i just want to know how to write a map script ..
                        I mean like when we play pok. emerald the first thing that happens is we get out of the truck and mom take us inside home.. how can do things like that
                        i have searched but couldn't get it.
                        Pls help
                          #8137    
                        Old May 6th, 2013 (1:46 AM).
                        Shadowraze's Avatar
                        Shadowraze Shadowraze is offline
                        ur mum
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2013
                          Location: ur mum
                          Age: 18
                          Gender: Other
                          Nature: Lonely
                          Posts: 798
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by horcruxrocks View Post
                          hey guys

                          i just want to know how to write a map script ..
                          I mean like when we play pok. emerald the first thing that happens is we get out of the truck and mom take us inside home.. how can do things like that
                          i have searched but couldn't get it.
                          Pls help
                          Making a level script is pretty easy. :3

                          Try this tutorial of mine scroll down to the very last part that says level script and try to make one there. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279345

                          If you don't get it in my tutorial try cooley's tutorial on level scripts. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141650
                            #8138    
                          Old May 6th, 2013 (7:26 AM).
                          firemac3's Avatar
                          firemac3 firemac3 is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Nov 2011
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 5
                            Can anyone help me with my script I posted I really can't figure out what I did wrong :/
                              #8139    
                            Old May 6th, 2013 (7:41 AM).
                            karatekid552's Avatar
                            karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                            What happens if I push it?....
                               
                              Join Date: Nov 2012
                              Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Bold
                              Posts: 1,766
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by firemac3 View Post
                              Can anyone help me with my script I posted I really can't figure out what I did wrong :/
                              I can't either. What XSE version are you using?
                              __________________

                              Paired with Simba
                                #8140    
                              Old May 6th, 2013 (7:53 AM).
                              firemac3's Avatar
                              firemac3 firemac3 is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Nov 2011
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 5
                                I think 1.0 I feel like I wrote everything correct
                                  #8141    
                                Old May 6th, 2013 (9:18 AM).
                                karatekid552's Avatar
                                karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                What happens if I push it?....
                                   
                                  Join Date: Nov 2012
                                  Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Bold
                                  Posts: 1,766
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by firemac3 View Post
                                  I think 1.0 I feel like I wrote everything correct
                                  1.0 will not accept the msgbox syntax you are using:

                                  V1.0 messages are:

                                  Msgbox @msg
                                  callstd 0x[type]

                                  V1.1.1:

                                  Msgbox @msg 0x[type]


                                  Upgrade to 1.1.1 and your script should work.
                                  __________________

                                  Paired with Simba
                                    #8142    
                                  Old May 6th, 2013 (11:15 AM).
                                  firemac3's Avatar
                                  firemac3 firemac3 is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Nov 2011
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 5
                                    Can you post a link to it please ?? I'd really appreciate it
                                      #8143    
                                    Old May 6th, 2013 (12:22 PM).
                                    TweenyTodd TweenyTodd is offline
                                    Quitting cuz i got a job
                                       
                                      Join Date: Feb 2013
                                      Location: NOYB
                                      Nature: Sassy
                                      Posts: 95
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by firemac3 View Post
                                      Can you post a link to it please ?? I'd really appreciate it
                                      Got this from tajaros's scripting tut: link
                                        #8144    
                                      Old May 7th, 2013 (3:49 AM).
                                      yram44 yram44 is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Sep 2009
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 11
                                        can someone help me with this script because there problem is when I get the pokemon in the pokeball the pokeball doesn't disappear, it only disappear when I exit the house or enter a new map.can someone help me to disappear after I get the pokemon. thanks



                                        POKEMON IN A POKEBALL SCRIPT
                                        #Dynamic 0x80000
                                        #org @start
                                        lock
                                        faceplayer
                                        checkflag 0x404
                                        msgbox @msg 0x02
                                        if 0x0 goto @give
                                        release
                                        end
                                        #org @give
                                        lock
                                        faceplayer
                                        msgbox @msg2 0x02
                                        msgbox @textdata 0x5
                                        compare LASTRESULT 0x0
                                        if 0x1 goto 0x8AD9557
                                        waitkeypress
                                        hidepokepic
                                        setvar 0x8004 0x4
                                        countpokemon
                                        compare LASTRESULT 0x6
                                        if 0x1 call @fll
                                        givepokemon 0xEF 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                                        fanfare 0x172
                                        msgbox @given 0x02
                                        waitfanfare
                                        waitkeypress
                                        setflag 0x404
                                        release
                                        end
                                        #org @hold
                                        waitkeypress
                                        hidepokepic
                                        setvar 0x8004 0x4
                                        lock
                                        faceplayer
                                        msgbox @msg 0x02
                                        release
                                        end
                                        #org @fll
                                        lock
                                        faceplayer
                                        msgbox @full 0x02
                                        release
                                        end
                                        #org @msg
                                        = This POKéBALL holds a POKéMON.
                                        #org @msg2
                                        = This POKéBALL seems to have\na POKéMON inside.
                                        #org @textdata
                                        = Want to take the ELEKID?
                                        #org @given
                                        = \v\h01\ received an ELEKID.
                                        #org @full
                                        = You must have a free space in\nyour party to take the Pokémon.
                                          #8145    
                                        Old May 7th, 2013 (4:18 AM).
                                        karatekid552's Avatar
                                        karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                        What happens if I push it?....
                                           
                                          Join Date: Nov 2012
                                          Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Bold
                                          Posts: 1,766
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by yram44 View Post
                                          can someone help me with this script because there problem is when I get the pokemon in the pokeball the pokeball doesn't disappear, it only disappear when I exit the house or enter a new map.can someone help me to disappear after I get the pokemon. thanks



                                          POKEMON IN A POKEBALL SCRIPT
                                          #Dynamic 0x80000
                                          #org @start
                                          lock
                                          faceplayer
                                          checkflag 0x404
                                          msgbox @msg 0x02
                                          if 0x0 goto @give
                                          release
                                          end
                                          #org @give
                                          lock
                                          faceplayer
                                          msgbox @msg2 0x02
                                          msgbox @textdata 0x5
                                          compare LASTRESULT 0x0
                                          if 0x1 goto 0x8AD9557
                                          waitkeypress
                                          hidepokepic
                                          setvar 0x8004 0x4
                                          countpokemon
                                          compare LASTRESULT 0x6
                                          if 0x1 call @fll
                                          givepokemon 0xEF 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                                          fanfare 0x172
                                          msgbox @given 0x02
                                          waitfanfare
                                          waitkeypress
                                          setflag 0x404
                                          release
                                          end
                                          #org @hold
                                          waitkeypress
                                          hidepokepic
                                          setvar 0x8004 0x4
                                          lock
                                          faceplayer
                                          msgbox @msg 0x02
                                          release
                                          end
                                          #org @fll
                                          lock
                                          faceplayer
                                          msgbox @full 0x02
                                          release
                                          end
                                          #org @msg
                                          = This POKéBALL holds a POKéMON.
                                          #org @msg2
                                          = This POKéBALL seems to have\na POKéMON inside.
                                          #org @textdata
                                          = Want to take the ELEKID?
                                          #org @given
                                          = \v\h01\ received an ELEKID.
                                          #org @full
                                          = You must have a free space in\nyour party to take the Pokémon.
                                          Why are you hiding a pokepic? You never used the showpokepic command. If you want the sprite to disappear, use hidesprite 0x[event#] after you set the flag which was put in the pokeball's person ID (404?).
                                          __________________

                                          Paired with Simba
                                            #8146    
                                          Old May 7th, 2013 (4:36 AM).
                                          yram44 yram44 is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Sep 2009
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 11
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                                            Why are you hiding a pokepic? You never used the showpokepic command. If you want the sprite to disappear, use hidesprite 0x[event#] after you set the flag which was put in the pokeball's person ID (404?).

                                            ah ok i'll try it thanks. and I will remove the hidepokepic command
                                              #8147    
                                            Old May 7th, 2013 (7:37 AM).
                                            LaDestitute's Avatar
                                            LaDestitute LaDestitute is offline
                                            Razor Sharp
                                               
                                              Join Date: Apr 2013
                                              Location: West Coast, USA
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Calm
                                              Posts: 84
                                              I have very little experience with XSE, and I'm still learning. I'm putting together one of those "You don't have any Pokemon, you can't pass" sort of scripts, but I'm having problems. He moves to the player, and does the first part of his movement (including the exclamation mark), and moves to the player, but he doesn't do the rest.

                                              Here's how I want it to go:
                                              1. Player steps on script tile.
                                              2. Depending on whether they stepped on the middle, right, or left script tile, the NPC will move to match their position and face them.
                                              3. NPC does a exclamation mark and quickly moves to be right in front of the player, with no tiles between them.
                                              4. NPC says "I can't let you pass because you don't have any Pokemon. It's not safe to go out without at least one."
                                              5. NPC moves back to original position.
                                              6. Script repeats if player tries again, but nothing will happen if they meet the conditions to pass.

                                              Code:
                                              #dynamic 0x456734
                                              #org @start
                                              countpokemon
                                              compare 0x800D 0x1
                                              if 0x1 goto @continue
                                              goto @nopass
                                              end
                                              
                                              #org @continue
                                              end
                                              
                                              #org @nopass
                                              applymovement 0x1 @move
                                              end
                                              
                                              #org @move
                                              lock
                                              #raw 0x62
                                              #raw 0x1D
                                              #raw 0x1D
                                              #raw 0xFE
                                              msgbox @1 0x6
                                              #raw 0x11
                                              #raw 0x11
                                              #raw 0xFE
                                              waitmovement 0x1
                                              end
                                              
                                              #org @1
                                              = I can't let you pass because you\ndon't have any Pokemon. It's \nnot safe to go out without at least one.
                                              end
                                              
                                              #org @move1
                                              #raw 0x10
                                              #raw 0xFE
                                              waitmovement 0x1
                                              release
                                              end
                                                #8148    
                                              Old May 7th, 2013 (7:43 AM).
                                              Spherical Ice's Avatar
                                              Spherical Ice Spherical Ice is offline
                                              • Moderator
                                              • Silver Tier
                                               
                                              Join Date: Nov 2007
                                              Location: Bristol, UK
                                              Age: 19
                                              Posts: 5,202
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by LaDestitute View Post
                                              I have very little experience with XSE, and I'm still learning. I'm putting together one of those "You don't have any Pokemon, you can't pass" sort of scripts, but I'm having problems. He moves to the player, and does the first part of his movement (including the exclamation mark), and moves to the player, but he doesn't do the rest.

                                              Here's how I want it to go:
                                              1. Player steps on script tile.
                                              2. Depending on whether they stepped on the middle, right, or left script tile, the NPC will move to match their position and face them.
                                              3. NPC does a exclamation mark and quickly moves to be right in front of the player, with no tiles between them.
                                              4. NPC says "I can't let you pass because you don't have any Pokemon. It's not safe to go out without at least one."
                                              5. NPC moves back to original position.
                                              6. Script repeats if player tries again, but nothing will happen if they meet the conditions to pass.

                                              Code:
                                              #dynamic 0x456734
                                              #org @start
                                              countpokemon
                                              compare 0x800D 0x1
                                              if 0x1 goto @continue
                                              goto @nopass
                                              end
                                              
                                              #org @continue
                                              end
                                              
                                              #org @nopass
                                              applymovement 0x1 @move
                                              end
                                              
                                              #org @move
                                              lock
                                              #raw 0x62
                                              #raw 0x1D
                                              #raw 0x1D
                                              #raw 0xFE
                                              msgbox @1 0x6
                                              #raw 0x11
                                              #raw 0x11
                                              #raw 0xFE
                                              waitmovement 0x1
                                              end
                                              
                                              #org @1
                                              = I can't let you pass because you\ndon't have any Pokemon. It's not safe to go out without at least one.
                                              end
                                              
                                              #org @move1
                                              #raw 0x10
                                              #raw 0xFE
                                              waitmovement 0x1
                                              release
                                              end
                                              Use the dynamic offset of 0x800000, not some arbitrary number. XSE will automatically compile it to the correct place and you won't corrupt your ROM that way.

                                              Code:
                                              #dynamic 0x800000
                                              
                                              #org @start
                                              countpokemon
                                              compare 0x800D 0x1
                                              if 0x1 goto @continue
                                              goto @nopass // I removed the "end" command, it isn't necessary.
                                              
                                              #org @continue
                                              release
                                              end
                                              
                                              #org @nopass
                                              applymovement 0x1 @move1
                                              waitmovement 0x0
                                              msgbox @1 0x6
                                              applymovement 0x1 @move2
                                              waitmovement 0x0
                                              release
                                              end
                                              
                                              #org @move1
                                              #raw 0x62 // You don't need to add "lock".
                                              #raw 0x1D
                                              #raw 0x1D
                                              #raw 0xFE // You cant have commands halfway through a movement command. You can only dictate which movement will happen in this sections.
                                              
                                              #org @move2
                                              #raw 0x11
                                              #raw 0x11
                                              #raw 0xFE
                                              
                                              #org @1 // Similarly, text strings can only have text, not extra commands.
                                              = I can't let you pass because you\ndon't have any Pokémon.\pIt's not safe to go out without\nat least one. // Use the Text Adjuster (Ctrl + T) so the text doesn't run off the screen.
                                              __________________

                                              A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                                              Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                                                #8149    
                                              Old May 7th, 2013 (8:23 AM).
                                              LaDestitute's Avatar
                                              LaDestitute LaDestitute is offline
                                              Razor Sharp
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Apr 2013
                                                Location: West Coast, USA
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Calm
                                                Posts: 84
                                                I'm using a separate fresh firered rom to test my scripts, so I don't have to worry about fubaring my own project.

                                                Are you sure you didn't make a mistake or something in the edited version? When I step on the script events now, either I get a game freeze or nothing happens. Yes, I'm compiling to the fresh rom, and using the offset 800000 for the script events.
                                                  #8150    
                                                Old May 7th, 2013 (8:28 AM).
                                                Spherical Ice's Avatar
                                                Spherical Ice Spherical Ice is offline
                                                • Moderator
                                                • Silver Tier
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Nov 2007
                                                Location: Bristol, UK
                                                Age: 19
                                                Posts: 5,202
                                                You need to set the Unknown on the Script tile to 0300 (or just 03 in 1.9.5) in Advance Map and the Var number to an unused variable - I tend to use 4050.
                                                __________________

                                                A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                                                Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                                                Closed Thread
                                                Quick Reply

                                                Sponsored Links
                                                Thread Tools

                                                Posting Rules
                                                You may not post new threads
                                                You may not post replies
                                                You may not post attachments
                                                You may not edit your posts

                                                BB code is On
                                                Smilies are On
                                                [IMG] code is On
                                                HTML code is Off

                                                Forum Jump


                                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:15 PM.