Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

Old April 29th, 2013 (7:51 AM).
Reality Sculptor

ShinyEevee: gratz on the Moltres! I was always a fan of the Kanto birds :)

Slenderman and SpritingYoshi: Gratz on the Skitties ^^

Dimitrius: Sorry to hear about your corrupted SS. I know the pain. Around xmas time, i noticed that my housemate had stolen my copies of Diamond, Pearl and White, and sold them. I was left with my GBA games, and Heart Gold (which was safe in the DS at the time). Not quite a corrupt file, but i lost 3 complete save files and all the pokemon on them. thankfully all my shinies and non gen 5 special pokemon were still on HG, so i didnt lose any. You have my sympathies.

Well, after 1932 REs between Diamond and Heart Gold, shiny Tentacool just popped up on my Diamond!

I really do seem to have good luck with these shinies :/ I think ill go and do some chaining for the rest of the day, see if i can get that Ponyta that vexed me so much 4 years ago! After that, ill start another hunt, and i think ill do some soft resetting. One of my work colleagues gave me his copy of SS a few weeks ago, so ill restart his game and try for a starter on that i think. maybe dual hunt on my other DS for a shiny Kanto starter.

Good luck everyone!

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 29th, 2013 (9:45 AM).

Hello, first time posting here at all.

I have a few shiny pokemon gathered by various methods. Of course my two completely random encounter pokemon were the most nerve wracking things ever... and consider that I've played since before pokemon was in color and thus shinies were a thing, and the only two I've ever found were:

Shiny Psyduck (Emerald) Safari Zone... It escaped once but didn't run, and I caught it on the second Safari Ball... mild heart attack. Now evolved as a Golduck.
      Shiny Graveler (Pearl) ... yeah, my second shiny ever and the darn thing is capable of Selfdestruct!!!! I got lucky and caught it, now a Golem.

So those are my 100% legit, nerve wracking shinies. I have a handful that I've caught via the pokeradar thing - still consider that legit myself as it's not easy to chain them without screwing up:
      Phanpy (now evolved)
      Mareep (now evolved)
      and
      Eevee (I got three before the chain broke, now Espeon, Umbreon, and Leafeon)

Got the Red Gyrados from Soul Silver... whatever, but it's shiny...so yeah. :D

Finally I got two in trades - I list them last because it's likely they're hacked, but then again, if someone can hack a shiny, why wouldn't they hack whatever they were trading for? I have no clue myself... but I have a Shiny Metagross and a Braviary. Again, these two are 99% probably not legit, hence listed last.

Currently wandering in Pokemon White 2 - mostly cruising the watery areas in search of really anything shiny - not hunting anything specific at the moment. I've played Crystal -> White 2...stupid amount of time playing these games, and still most proud of my Golem and Golduck... the rest are cool too of course, but I'm due for another random Shiny... fingers crossed. :D
      Old April 30th, 2013 (2:45 PM). Edited April 30th, 2013 by fishyfins.
      Reality Sculptor

Looks like my Ponyta chaining curse is over! after a few attempts with it breaking around 12-15, i managed to get the chain to 40. As i write this, i have 5 shiny Ponyta from this chain :)

Edit: Managed to get 9 shiny Ponyta from the chain before it broke. I was gonna quit at 10 anyway, but i got a bit confused when a repel ended XD oh well, 9 aint too bad :)
        Old April 30th, 2013 (9:37 PM). Edited April 30th, 2013 by alolan vulpix.
        it me

Nature: Adamant
          Congrats on the Skitty, Tentacool and Ponytas!
          An unofficial welcome to the club to Dimi and theroguewriter!

@Spritingyoshi - I would, but I've actually just decided I'm gonna be a terrible person and put all of my hunts on hold so I can dual SR a starter and do an SS badgequest. Lol...

So, yep, dual SRing starters, just a heads up, is insanely easy. You get almost 50 pokemon done in five minute. It's insane XD I just started and I'm up to 48 pokemon! Woot! So yup, I'm hoping for anything but Chikorita, but I wouldn't even mind one of those to be completely honest. I hope this turns out to be my longest hunt... Haha XD

i spent too many late nights
          just thinking a hole in the earth
          credits

Old April 30th, 2013 (10:35 PM).
          Two Tailed Wonder

Congrats on all the shinies!

@TheShinyEvee - I'm also doing a badge quest on my heart gold, though only single hunting. Currently at 325 resets for a starter. Good luck to you!

6,400 and counting for Regice.
            Old May 1st, 2013 (3:31 AM).
            Reality Sculptor

As i said in a previous post, one of my work collegues gave me his copy of SS, which i now hope to SR for a shiny starter or two. I really want chikorita! Ive been thinking of turning it into a badge quest as well, so we could be "on the same page" so to speak ShinyEevee

Ive been looking into it though, and i cant seem to find any official rules for a badge quest. what are the rules? all i know is that you have to find/catch a 1/8192 shiny before each gym battle beore you can progress. is that it?
              Old May 1st, 2013 (4:48 AM).
              Life hurts, and so do I

Nature: Timid
                Hi there.
                I know I haven't posted for a long time, but I've been doing some hunting. On Black 2, I've been MMing Caterpie. I thought it would be easy because of its fast hatch rate, but I was very wrong. I intend to finish the Pokedex after finding it, so I can RE with some hope. I have also been SRing Rayquaza on SoulSilver, which in my opinion is the coolest shiny ever (don't tell Giratina).
                Neither one of my hunts have been successful. Do you guys know any tricks to hunt faster? You seem to get a few hundred SRs in one day.

I would jump of joy if I found a shiny.
                Old May 1st, 2013 (6:08 AM).
                Two Tailed Wonder

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by fishyfins View Post
                  Ive been looking into it though, and i cant seem to find any official rules for a badge quest. what are the rules? all i know is that you have to find/catch a 1/8192 shiny before each gym battle beore you can progress. is that it?
                  There aren't any official rules as far as I know. It's very much like a Nuzlocke in that the rules are whatever you want them to be, but most people just use the base rule you mentioned which is to catch a 1/8192 shiny before every gym.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Dratizard View Post
                  Do you guys know any tricks to hunt faster? You seem to get a few hundred SRs in one day.
                  I do about 500 resets a day when I have other stuff going on. Usually 750+ on the weekends. But I'm at home all day and pretty much everything I do I can hunt while doing it. I'm not sure there's any "special tactics" to doing it faster since the process is so simple in the first place. Just make more time to hunt if you can. That would be my advice.
                  Old May 1st, 2013 (6:41 AM).
                  [ ICE QUEEN ]
                  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
                  I've been on shiny hunting hiatus for a little while... But I'm back with my zorua MM hunt! Only have like 50 eggs so far, but we'll see how well I keep up with it! xD

Congrats to everyone who got shinies since my last post! ...two pages ago. We have a lot of activity suddenly~ I haven't seen most of you in the chat lately. >.>!

Let the storm rage on....
                  The cold never bothered me anyway.

[ TRADE THREAD | FRIEND CODE | TWITTER | CHALLENGE | PAIR♥]

Old May 1st, 2013 (7:28 AM).
                  Atra du evarinya ono varda.
                  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
                  I found and caught a shiny Magnemite in HeartGold around last week! I wanted to post here right away as soon as I found it, but somehow I forgot. Anyway, here I am to report my capture! I was walking around in the grass west of Ecruteak City near the Miltank Farm just doing some training, when suddenly out popped this shiny Magnemite! I brought out a Pokemon with normal-type moves, brought it to red HP and caught it. It's my third encountered shiny of all time; shinies seem to evade me somehow, so I'm happy! :D
                  Old May 1st, 2013 (4:28 PM).
                  Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly
                    The May Monthly Quest!!

It's the month of May! I don't know why they named a month after May (Brock totally deserves to have a month named after him), but we're going to celebrate all of Ash's companions!

To complete this month's Quest, find two shinies who were at one point owned by Ash or one of his companions! You can acquire it in any evolutionary stage - for example, Grimer will count for the Quest, even though Ash only had Muk.

You can find a list of the Pokemon they've owned here: http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/

The contest lasts until midnight EST on June 1st, 2013.

Good luck and have fun!

(I'll make my personal post later on when I have more time!)

Old May 1st, 2013 (10:14 PM).

Sorry I wasn't talking I caught another Audino (Post pic soon) with adamant nature lol anyway good luck everybody on their hunts ^.^
                      Old May 2nd, 2013 (12:41 PM).

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
                        The May Monthly Quest!!

It's the month of May! I don't know why they named a month after May (Brock totally deserves to have a month named after him), but we're going to celebrate all of Ash's companions!

To complete this month's Quest, find two shinies who were at one point owned by Ash or one of his companions! You can acquire it in any evolutionary stage - for example, Grimer will count for the Quest, even though Ash only had Muk.

You can find a list of the Pokemon they've owned here:

Good luck and have fun!

Since it's Ash's companions could we hunt Pokemon that he didn't actually catch but he traveled with/bonded with over multiple episodes like Haunter, Larvitar, and Raticate?
                        Old May 2nd, 2013 (4:51 PM). Edited May 3rd, 2013 by theroguewriter.

Working on a shiny hunt in HeartGold at the moment, up to 400ish SRs for a starter (so 1200ish pokemon seen) - something to do on the long shifts at work. No luck yet, but I'm hoping before the weekend is out I'll have something for my efforts. I think my goal will be to acquire an all shiny team to play through the game with - the only exception being the obligatory HM slaves...Dunno if I'll do one per gym as someone mentioned, or maybe minimum 4 shinies before the E4, as that seems at least moderately more realistic...

Edit: did some more hunting, now a bit over 2000ish starters seen, but the RNG gods have continued to ignore me. Hopefully I'll have more luck tomorrow.
                          Old May 2nd, 2013 (6:04 PM).

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by DoctorYuyi View Post
                            Since it's Ash's companions could we hunt Pokemon that he didn't actually catch but he traveled with/bonded with over multiple episodes like Haunter, Larvitar, and Raticate?
                            I'd definitely say that he owned Raticate (it would count for his Pokedex), and I'd probably count Larvitar, too. Haunter's on the Serebii list as having been owned by him, so it looks like that's good, too! I wouldn't count all of the Pokemon that he met on his journey and spent significant time with, but I'd say anyone he battled with or held in a Pokeball is good to go!

Old May 2nd, 2013 (10:18 PM).
                            it me

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Dratizard View Post
                              Hi there.
                              I know I haven't posted for a long time, but I've been doing some hunting. On Black 2, I've been MMing Caterpie. I thought it would be easy because of its fast hatch rate, but I was very wrong. I intend to finish the Pokedex after finding it, so I can RE with some hope. I have also been SRing Rayquaza on SoulSilver, which in my opinion is the coolest shiny ever (don't tell Giratina).
                              Neither one of my hunts have been successful. Do you guys know any tricks to hunt faster? You seem to get a few hundred SRs in one day.

I would jump of joy if I found a shiny.
                              Welcome back! It's good to see you again! I hope Caterpie appears soon

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
                              The May Monthly Quest!!

You can find a list of the Pokemon they've owned here: http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/

Good luck and have fun!

Definitely going to be attempting this one :3

As for me - I'm trying to get 1,000 starters (333 SRs on two systems) done per day. It's just the right amount. As of now I have 2682 (894) done.

credits

Old May 3rd, 2013 (5:15 AM).
                              Life hurts, and so do I

Nature: Timid
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee View Post
                                Welcome back! It's good to see you again! I hope Caterpie appears soon
                                Thanks I wish you good luck too.

I quite like this quest, I'm already hunting the exact right number, as Ash owned both Caterpie and Bulbasaur.
                                Maybe my luck will improve if I post here more often?
                                Old May 3rd, 2013 (6:16 AM).
                                Frolic and fun~
                                • Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
                                Oh gosh darnit! I thought this would attune to the quest. I thought it was May-n characters, not just companions. I'm just silly. But anyways, I come bearing a shiny!

I've been reeeeeally fickle as of late, hunting somewhere for at most a day, then moving to a new locale. This time, while watching cartoons last night, I was in Mistralton cave. I never really explored the BW2 version of that place, so I thought, "Hey, why not!" And while looking for a hidden item... I found a different treasure.

A woobat! I've always like their green color. Always. But, for the people with more luck than myself, do you ever STOP staring at the shiny like a complete idiot for a minute or so? I swear you could HEAR the egg timer in my head going "tick-tick-tick-tick-CATCH IT YOU FOOL"

Sooooo I did.

Spoiler:

And then I named him Mint because he's a minty green I'd say... He's impish as well... I'm ok with it. And now I'm hunting Charmander. At least that pertains to the quest.

Charmander - 30 eggs
                                Old May 3rd, 2013 (10:55 AM). Edited May 3rd, 2013 by DACALSTA.
                                Shiny Bug Hunter [4/69]

Nature: Calm
                                  I'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BACCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW it has been so long since i was here it feels good in terms of an update i caught a shiny caterpie recently...so that means i have 3 shiny bug types...I think I've found my challenge:Get all Shiny Bug Types.
                                  EDIT: gonna add Butterfree to my sig

Traded 5 Total:

Bug Types (Including Pre-Evolutions): 4/69
                                  Old May 4th, 2013 (2:06 AM). Edited May 4th, 2013 by alolan vulpix.
                                  it me

Congrats on the Woobat and the Butterfree!

Just wondering - do Rumble shinies count for monthly/yearly quests? I just found a Shiny Pidgeot on my Rumble after only about 25 run-throughs! I wasn't even looking for a shiny, I was trying to beat the game. My first random shiny, lol...! Hopefully my luck will continue with Johto starters. Gonna hatch a few Eevee eggs today.

Pics & video will be up later!

Click here or look in the spoiler:

Spoiler:

credits

Old May 4th, 2013 (7:15 AM).
                                    Shiny Bug Hunter [4/69]

Nature: Calm
                                      Right so considering all my shinys have been RE'd by simple playthrough....I gonna start playing through LG/FR to see if i can get one...I might try a challenge where i use only Bug Types...Might work...

Traded 5 Total:

Bug Types (Including Pre-Evolutions): 4/69
                                      Old May 4th, 2013 (11:10 AM).
                                      Spritingyoshi22 Spritingyoshi22 is offline
                                      That guy over there

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by G-Money
                                        The May Monthly Quest!!

Good luck and have fun!

I'm gonna have a go at this quest as it sounds really fun. I do have one question though do pokemon that Ash and his companions caught in the Pokemon Manga (Electric tale of Pikachu) count as well? Sorry if it sounds like a bit of a stupid question.
                                        Old May 5th, 2013 (1:17 AM). Edited May 5th, 2013 by Spritingyoshi22.
                                        Spritingyoshi22 Spritingyoshi22 is offline
                                        That guy over there

Platinum strikes again with the Pokeradar. My first atempt at chaining this week ends succesfully with me finding a Shiny Corsola after reaching the magic number 40. It looks amazing. Probably going to put all concentration on Dialga now as I really want too continue with the story mode of my Diamond version.
                                          *Caught 5/5/2013 9:01 AM*

Stats and Nature
                                          Spoiler:

Nature:Bashful
                                          Attack:60
                                          Defense:99
                                          SP.Atk:78
                                          SP.Def:97
                                          Speed:49
                                          Ability:Hustle

Old May 5th, 2013 (8:45 AM).

Hey, im Leafblade77 i would like to join your Shiny Club, Shinys i have found are: Shiny Zubat, Shiny Buneary, Shiny Snivy and a Shiny Herdier. I am currently hunting Shiny Darkrai.
                                            Old May 5th, 2013 (11:01 AM). Edited May 5th, 2013 by G-Money.

Congrats to Kitori for winning the April Monthly Quest!

Quote:
                                              Just as some news, I have been working on the xat chat so there are now pages such as FAQs, contest info and a comments page on there. There is also a brand new background on the chat itself and behind it. Hopefully the revamp will attract some to chat there :3

Also, I'm going to be taking shiny hunters club promotional image requests for a bit. I do have school so they may not be done instantaneously, but if you want a personalised shiny collection trainer card/userbar/whatever for your signature, or an avatar or profile pic or pretty much anything, be sure to PM me! :D
                                              Thanks, TSE! You've done a really great job maintaining the chat and making it all cool and everything. It even has Monthly Quest information and stuff!!

You can find the chat here: http://xat.com/PokeCommunityShinyHuntersClub !

Quote:
                                              Just wondering - do Rumble shinies count for monthly/yearly quests?
                                              Sorry, just shinies from the main games. Congrats on the Pidgeot, though!

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Spritingyoshi22 View Post
                                              I do have one question though do pokemon that Ash and his companions caught in the Pokemon Manga (Electric tale of Pikachu) count as well?
                                              I was going to count just the ones from the anime, but if you guys wanted to hunt some from the manga, we could put up a poll or something to see what everybody wants to do.

Quote:
                                              Corsola
                                              Congrats! Unfortunately, I'm afraid that won't count for the Monthly Quest - chained shinies aren't counted for the Quests, since the odds can go up to 1/200. But to make it fair, it'll count if you get the equivalent of a 1/8192 shiny; so go catch 41 shiny Corsola!!

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by PekoponTAS View Post
                                              I drew pictures of all my shinies to put in my signature
                                              Those are really awesome!!!

Spoiler:
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by LegitRed View Post
                                              Currently hunting down:
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by SuspectedElk View Post
                                              Hiya!
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by unowen View Post
                                              Hi there!
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by ~Rai~ View Post
                                              Hi everyone!
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by ExeTheTyphlosion View Post
                                              Hello.
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Dimitrius Shinamorri View Post
                                              S'up guys
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Leafblade77 View Post
                                              Hey
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by theroguewriter View Post
                                              Hello
                                              Welcome to the club, everyone!! Best of luck in your hunts!

Spoiler:
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Lunafloon View Post
                                              Anyone remember me?
                                              Of course!! Welcome back, Lunafloon!!

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by DACALSTA View Post
                                              I'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BACCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                              Welcome back, DACALSTA! Good luck on your Bug-type hunt!

Spoiler:
                                              Quote:
                                              Dunsparce
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Lunafloon View Post
                                              shiny Golduck (10525 random encounters), Chimchar (11 soft resets), Growlithe (4672 random encounters) and most importantly, I finally got shiny Snivy
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Bern View Post
                                              ponyta
                                              Quote:
                                              Pachirisu!
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by nizare18 View Post
                                              Stickybuns
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Kitori View Post
                                              AHHH SHINY ABSOL!
                                              Quote:
                                              Chatot
                                              Quote:
                                              Audino
                                              Quote:
                                              tis lil guy popped up

EDIT 6 HOURS LATER: The shiny gods are smiling upon me today! This little lady just popped up on my copy of White after another 6 hours of dual hunting!
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Bern View Post
                                              Shiny phanpy woohoo!!!
                                              Quote:
                                              Graveler
                                              Quote:
                                              Mr. Mime
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Keruso View Post
                                              say hello to my fifth shiny Zubat...... i now have a Zubat and Patrat army, ready to take over the world......
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
                                              It turned out to be a RE shiny. <3
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Keruso View Post
                                              i get my third Hoothoot.
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
                                              Now I have a shiny male Ralts. <3
                                              Quote:
                                              i got 2 shiny Murkrows
                                              Quote:
                                              Shiny Moltres
                                              Quote:
                                              Shiny Skitty
                                              Quote:
                                              shiny Tentacool
                                              Quote:
                                              Managed to get 9 shiny Ponyta
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
                                              shiny Magnemite
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by koopafan29 View Post
                                              I caught another Audino
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Kirozane View Post
                                              A woobat
                                              *jaw drops*

Woah...so many shinies!!! Congrats, everyone!! I hope we didn't use up the whole luck tank for the whole year by May, "lol."

Quote:
                                              Really really want a shiny this April.. two months in a row without a shiny would not be good!
                                              *hugs Druddigon from September*
                                              G-Money is hurt by Rough Skin!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links