Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #451    
Old May 1st, 2013 (9:49 AM).
Captain Gizmo's Avatar
Captain Gizmo Captain Gizmo is offline
Legit Boss
  • Gold Tier
TCGO:
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 4,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribbon View Post
I just started collecting cards about a week ago, and I would like to confirm
the price of this card please. (:

Theme: Boundaries Crossed
Series Number: 144
Name of card: Landorus EX (Foil/Full Art)
That's a 35$ card right there, congrats!
__________________
♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
|3DS FC|

Relevant Advertising!

  #452    
Old May 1st, 2013 (11:35 AM).
Ribbon's Avatar
Ribbon Ribbon is offline
The Queen of Shinx
    TCGO:
     
    Join Date: May 2013
    Location: Canada
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
    That's a 35$ card right there, congrats!
    Oh. Thanks a lot for confirming. n_n
    __________________
    3DS FC: 4682 8879 9880 Pokemon X IGN: Ahrianne Flying Type Safari w/ Fletchinder
    Pokerus
    for trade. (:
    Shiny Eevee Progress:
    113 eggs
    3DS XL FC: 1993 8443 3387 Pokemon Y IGN: Alice Dragon Type Safari (rare still unknown)
    Badges:
    4

      #453    
    Old May 1st, 2013 (3:50 PM).
    donavannj's Avatar
    donavannj donavannj is offline
    • Moderator
    • Crystal Tier
    TCGO: donavannj
     
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
    Age: 26
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 21,111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by badewaxter View Post
    Good Evening, First post here. I'm hoping someone can help as this is a unique one.

    I have a Neo Genesis Foil

    Jumpluff, Grass type 70HP.

    I know generally this one is pretty worthless, however mine is different. (I think)

    it appears to be holofoil over the entire card (similar to a japanese rare, however not as brilliant)

    has anyone here heard of such an english printed card? I am unaware of any, and any google searches turn up nothing.
    Would you mind uploading a picture as an attachment? I think it's a fake, personally, but it could just be a very heavily damaged normal print of the card. Either way, it has no value.
    __________________
    idol trash and game nerd
      #454    
    Old May 1st, 2013 (6:19 PM).
    DarthBane53 DarthBane53 is offline
      TCGO:
       
      Join Date: May 2013
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 16
      Hey guys and gals of the pokemon community, I just got in to the game and came across a Charizard 100/101 and Mew 101/101, im not a pro at grading cards but I have spent years with comics and other collectibles. My question is, should I send these cards in to get graded to maximize their value? They are Near Mint, if Not Mint condition. My only question is because they are cased and graded people cant use them in a game, does this take away from their appeal? Thanks for the info!
        #455    
      Old May 1st, 2013 (6:39 PM).
      Captain Gizmo's Avatar
      Captain Gizmo Captain Gizmo is offline
      Legit Boss
      • Gold Tier
      TCGO:
       
      Join Date: Sep 2012
      Location: Canada
      Age: 24
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 4,824
      Shiny Charizard from Ex Dragon Frontiers?

      And the Mew, is it from World Championships or from Ex Dragon Frontier?

      The Charizard is around 110$ and the cheapest they'll buy it from you is 73$ and for the Mew it's around 30$ for the EX Dragon Frontier one and 70$ for the one from World Championship.
      But most card store won't take them since they're cased and graded. But sell those to collectors and they'll buy them for amazing prices.
      __________________
      ♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
      |3DS FC|
        #456    
      Old May 1st, 2013 (7:04 PM).
      DarthBane53 DarthBane53 is offline
        TCGO:
         
        Join Date: May 2013
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 16
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
        Shiny Charizard from Ex Dragon Frontiers?

        And the Mew, is it from World Championships or from Ex Dragon Frontier?

        The Charizard is around 110$ and the cheapest they'll buy it from you is 73$ and for the Mew it's around 30$ for the EX Dragon Frontier one and 70$ for the one from World Championship.
        But most card store won't take them since they're cased and graded. But sell those to collectors and they'll buy them for amazing prices.
        The mew is the non world championship one. And yes both them are the shiny pokemon. And you do reccomend I get them graded to make them worth the most to collectors correct? Thanks!
          #457    
        Old May 1st, 2013 (7:30 PM).
        donavannj's Avatar
        donavannj donavannj is offline
        • Moderator
        • Crystal Tier
        TCGO: donavannj
         
        Join Date: Mar 2005
        Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
        Age: 26
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 21,111
        Being cased and graded adds to their value (only if they receive a PSA 8, 9, or 10 grade, though), but if you don't do it through PSA, most collectors will pay less than they would for a PSA graded one because PSA seems to be the only widely accepted grading agency for Pokemon cards (even though from a technical, gem mint standpoint, other grading agencies have more stringent standards for a 10 grade and should therefore have more sought-after grade 10 cards).

        If you're confident they're in near mint or gem mint condition, definitely get them graded. I recommend PSA simply because of the value the collecting community places on their grades, but if you're not comfortable dealing with PSA, then feel free to use whatever grading agency you are comfortable with.
        __________________
        idol trash and game nerd
          #458    
        Old May 1st, 2013 (7:34 PM). Edited May 1st, 2013 by badewaxter.
        badewaxter badewaxter is offline
          TCGO:
           
          Join Date: Apr 2013
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 3
          (this post has been removed)
            #459    
          Old May 1st, 2013 (8:12 PM).
          donavannj's Avatar
          donavannj donavannj is offline
          • Moderator
          • Crystal Tier
          TCGO: donavannj
           
          Join Date: Mar 2005
          Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
          Age: 26
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 21,111
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by badewaxter View Post
          I'm unable to post links until I've posted 15 times on this forum. I do believe you'd rather me not spam the forums just to get there.

          look me up on facebook, as Ive added a photo there. I will make my photos available.

          or if you provide an email I can mail you the photo to upload?
          When you go to make a post, you would click the paper-clip to upload something as an attachment (images uploaded on other sites are blocked because when you post it you're technically posting a URL, and those are blocked to keep adbots and spambots from spreading viruses and scamming our users before we get a chance to spot them).

          Anyway, the card looks legit, just looks like it's suffered some damage from age. I've had that happen to a few of my grass-type Neo Genesis holos. At best, you'd get a $1 for it.

          I've gone ahead and posted the image in my post here:



          Feel free to remove your personal Facebook page info from your previous post if you wish.

          Others might have a different assessment, as I'm not 100% sure of the card's legitimacy myself, but from what I can see it's legitimate.
          __________________
          idol trash and game nerd
            #460    
          Old May 1st, 2013 (8:29 PM).
          badewaxter badewaxter is offline
            TCGO:
             
            Join Date: Apr 2013
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 3
            hmm, well I know for certain I pulled the card from a sealed booster (albeit some years ago.)

            I'd be willing to think it was wear if it hadn't been that way since the day I got it. You think that could happen in the package? either way, thanks for taking the time to look at this
              #461    
            Old May 1st, 2013 (8:56 PM).
            donavannj's Avatar
            donavannj donavannj is offline
            • Moderator
            • Crystal Tier
            TCGO: donavannj
             
            Join Date: Mar 2005
            Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
            Age: 26
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 21,111
            Botched printings where the card is miscut or the ink is blotchy is very common, so it's still likely it's a botched printing, which still wouldn't change its value from what I previously assessed it at.
            __________________
            idol trash and game nerd
              #462    
            Old May 2nd, 2013 (2:09 PM).
            Demon.'s Avatar
            Demon. Demon. is offline
            Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
              TCGO:
               
              Join Date: Sep 2011
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 267
              Arent World Championship cards worth quite a bit less than the regular one? Thats true for all ive seen.
              __________________
              If you play the pokemon trading card game, or if you're just a collector, check out tradecardsonline.com, and be sure to put my name, demonshade, in the referral box if you decide to make an account.
              http://www.youtube.com/user/ACDCRocks780
                #463    
              Old May 2nd, 2013 (4:54 PM).
              DarthBane53 DarthBane53 is offline
                TCGO:
                 
                Join Date: May 2013
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 16
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
                Being cased and graded adds to their value (only if they receive a PSA 8, 9, or 10 grade, though), but if you don't do it through PSA, most collectors will pay less than they would for a PSA graded one because PSA seems to be the only widely accepted grading agency for Pokemon cards (even though from a technical, gem mint standpoint, other grading agencies have more stringent standards for a 10 grade and should therefore have more sought-after grade 10 cards).

                If you're confident they're in near mint or gem mint condition, definitely get them graded. I recommend PSA simply because of the value the collecting community places on their grades, but if you're not comfortable dealing with PSA, then feel free to use whatever grading agency you are comfortable with.
                Thanks for the info! So lets just say both them come back a Grade of 9, what would they be worth?
                  #464    
                Old May 2nd, 2013 (7:40 PM).
                donavannj's Avatar
                donavannj donavannj is offline
                • Moderator
                • Crystal Tier
                TCGO: donavannj
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2005
                Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                Age: 26
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 21,111
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Demon. View Post
                Arent World Championship cards worth quite a bit less than the regular one? Thats true for all ive seen.
                That's because they're an easily obtained, non-playable print of a given card, and they're also not holofoil and don't count as part of a complete set for any set other than the particular World Championship deck they were included in. It's a little odd that ANYONE would buy the World Championship version for $70. I think that was someone trying to scam people out of their money by taking advantage of some naive collectors.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by DarthBane53 View Post
                Thanks for the info! So lets just say both them come back a Grade of 9, what would they be worth?
                For the Gold Star Delta Species Charizard, you could easily boost its value to between $200 and $300 (there's a bit of a lack of them available on the market right now, so not only do they have a "Charizard premium" tacked onto their price, the supply on the market is quite low!), but it could still go as low as $150 (while the range for a non-graded one is currently a widely erratic $50 to $120 range, similar to what liljz mentioned above).


                As for the Gold Star Delta Species Mew: its value gets boosted from the $35 to $55 range for the ungraded one to upwards of $100 for a highly graded one, falling somewhere in the $100 to $150 range currently (probably due to a lack of supply presently on the market).
                __________________
                idol trash and game nerd
                  #465    
                Old May 3rd, 2013 (8:31 AM).
                DarthBane53 DarthBane53 is offline
                  TCGO:
                   
                  Join Date: May 2013
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 16
                  Thanks for all the advice, you guys have been most helpful. I know that there is no selling on these forums but is it possible that any one could direct me towards a pokemon card selling forum? I don't want to sell them to a corporation, I want them to go to some one who will appreciate them.
                  Thanks again!
                    #466    
                  Old May 3rd, 2013 (5:23 PM).
                  UnknowingNote UnknowingNote is offline
                    TCGO:
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2013
                    Location: Missouri
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 13
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
                    I mean to the right of the frame of the picture.
                    Sorry for the late response, I have been busy with work. I do not understand what you meant by that, so I took a picture of it, and going to attach it to here until you can give me a response. After you do, feel free to remove the attachment or let me know and I'll do it
                    IMG508.jpg
                      #467    
                    Old May 3rd, 2013 (6:07 PM).
                    donavannj's Avatar
                    donavannj donavannj is offline
                    • Moderator
                    • Crystal Tier
                    TCGO: donavannj
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2005
                    Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                    Age: 26
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 21,111
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by UnknowingNote View Post
                    Sorry for the late response, I have been busy with work. I do not understand what you meant by that, so I took a picture of it, and going to attach it to here until you can give me a response. After you do, feel free to remove the attachment or let me know and I'll do it :)
                    Attachment 68201
                    That's a shadowed Machamp and it is worth $1 to $3.

                    That version of Machamp is very common because of every printing of the Starter Deck included one.
                    __________________
                    idol trash and game nerd
                      #468    
                    Old May 3rd, 2013 (6:20 PM).
                    UnknowingNote UnknowingNote is offline
                      TCGO:
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2013
                      Location: Missouri
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 13
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
                      That's a shadowed Machamp and it is worth $1 to $3.

                      That version of Machamp is very common because of every printing of the Starter Deck included one.
                      Ah okay, thank you very much. I have another couple cards if you don't mind

                      Promo Mew #151 50 hp
                      Poliwrath Base set(no set symbol, right?) 13/102 90 hp. Set 2 as well, 15/130
                      Rockets Mewtwo 14/132
                      Gyarados 6/102 100 hp Base Set(No set symbol)
                        #469    
                      Old May 3rd, 2013 (6:36 PM).
                      donavannj's Avatar
                      donavannj donavannj is offline
                      • Moderator
                      • Crystal Tier
                      TCGO: donavannj
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2005
                      Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                      Age: 26
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 21,111
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by UnknowingNote View Post
                      Ah okay, thank you very much. I have another couple cards if you don't mind :)

                      Promo Mew #151 50 hp
                      Poliwrath Base set(no set symbol, right?) 13/102 90 hp. Set 2 as well, 15/130
                      Rockets Mewtwo 14/132
                      Gyarados 6/102 100 hp Base Set(No set symbol)
                      Base Set 2 Poliwrath: $1 to $3.

                      For Mew, the Base Set Poliwrath, and Gyarados, I'll probably need pictures to ascertain certain details so I can identify them.

                      For Rocket's Mewtwo, is it 1st edition?
                      __________________
                      idol trash and game nerd
                        #470    
                      Old May 3rd, 2013 (6:52 PM).
                      UnknowingNote UnknowingNote is offline
                        TCGO:
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2013
                        Location: Missouri
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 13
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
                        Base Set 2 Poliwrath: $1 to $3.

                        For Mew, the Base Set Poliwrath, and Gyarados, I'll probably need pictures to ascertain certain details so I can identify them.

                        For Rocket's Mewtwo, is it 1st edition?
                        Here are the pictures you requested. And the Mewtwo is not 1st edition, sadly. And I want to thank you for taking the time do this for everyone who needs prices. I do appreciate all your time you put forward to do this, thank you.
                        Attached Images
                        File Type: jpg IMG510.jpg‎ (95.8 KB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                        File Type: jpg IMG511.jpg‎ (77.9 KB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                        File Type: jpg IMG512.jpg‎ (90.8 KB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                          #471    
                        Old May 3rd, 2013 (8:05 PM).
                        donavannj's Avatar
                        donavannj donavannj is offline
                        • Moderator
                        • Crystal Tier
                        TCGO: donavannj
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2005
                        Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                        Age: 26
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 21,111
                        Mew Wizards Promo #8: $1 to $2.
                        Shadowed Base Set Gyarados: $2 to $5.
                        Shadowed Base Set Poliwrath: $2 to $4.

                        EDIT: And Rocket's Mewtwo: $8 to $12.
                        __________________
                        idol trash and game nerd
                          #472    
                        Old May 3rd, 2013 (11:31 PM).
                        Demon.'s Avatar
                        Demon. Demon. is offline
                        Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
                          TCGO:
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2011
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 267
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by DarthBane53 View Post
                          Thanks for all the advice, you guys have been most helpful. I know that there is no selling on these forums but is it possible that any one could direct me towards a pokemon card selling forum? I don't want to sell them to a corporation, I want them to go to some one who will appreciate them.
                          Thanks again!
                          You could try the place in my signature. Not guaranteeing anything though. Those are some expensive cards you got there.


                          I was wondering about Genesect EX and Palkia EX? And maybe a graded Rocket's Zapdos? I plan on getting mine graded, along with my full art Latias, since it is nearly mint, if not mint. Its a really nice card.
                          __________________
                          If you play the pokemon trading card game, or if you're just a collector, check out tradecardsonline.com, and be sure to put my name, demonshade, in the referral box if you decide to make an account.
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/ACDCRocks780
                            #473    
                          Old May 4th, 2013 (4:15 PM).
                          UnknowingNote UnknowingNote is offline
                            TCGO:
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2013
                            Location: Missouri
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 13
                            Thank you again for the prices! Here are a couple more

                            Nidoking 11/102 Base set
                            Blaine's Moltres 1/132
                            Venusaur, 15/102 Base set
                            Victreebel 14/64 Base set

                            Thank you again, you have helped me a lot!
                              #474    
                            Old May 4th, 2013 (5:52 PM).
                            Captain Gizmo's Avatar
                            Captain Gizmo Captain Gizmo is offline
                            Legit Boss
                            • Gold Tier
                            TCGO:
                             
                            Join Date: Sep 2012
                            Location: Canada
                            Age: 24
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Quiet
                            Posts: 4,824
                            Nidoking: 3$ & 25$ if it's 1st ed.

                            Blaine's Moltres: 5$

                            Venusaur: 17$ & 60$ if 1st ed.

                            Victreebel: 3$

                            Of course if they're mint or near mint, they'll cost more.
                            __________________
                            ♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
                            |3DS FC|
                              #475    
                            Old May 4th, 2013 (6:42 PM).
                            UnknowingNote UnknowingNote is offline
                              TCGO:
                               
                              Join Date: Apr 2013
                              Location: Missouri
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 13
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
                              Nidoking: 3$ & 25$ if it's 1st ed.

                              Blaine's Moltres: 5$

                              Venusaur: 17$ & 60$ if 1st ed.

                              Victreebel: 3$

                              Of course if they're mint or near mint, they'll cost more.
                              None of them are 1st edition, sadly, but they are M/NM condition.
                              Thank you guys for all the help, I do appreciate it

                              Here are a couple more

                              Koga's Beedrill 9/132
                              Mewtwo (Base set) 10/102
                              Dark Gyarados 8/82
                              Giovanni's Persian 8/132
                              Closed Thread

                              Quick Reply

                              Join the conversation!

                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                              Create a PokéCommunity Account

                              Sponsored Links
                              Thread Tools

                              Posting Rules
                              You may not post new threads
                              You may not post replies
                              You may not post attachments
                              You may not edit your posts

                              BB code is On
                              Smilies are On
                              [IMG] code is On
                              HTML code is Off

                              Forum Jump


                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:48 AM.