ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread

Old May 4th, 2013 (5:10 AM).
Pokemon Lurid Creator

Nature: Relaxed
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LaDestitute View Post
    So, I've figured out how to work with tilesets and tileset palettes pretty much now, I've successfully replaced the default tree with my own and edited and messed around around with the greenery palette to make it a bit darker and more lush looking but I've run into a problem.

My palette is fine, but there's this ugly little thing:

How do I make it look like this?

I tried recoloring the mismatched color using palette 0 (even making it transparent by coloring it black in palette 0) but to no avail. Some attempts do nothing while some botch the color and make it look worse. I have figured out which tile it is though, and it's this one (it's edited, though to make which part is doing this clearer):
    Ok, First off you have your ground (or grass w/e you call it) colour which is in palette 0, yeah?
    The ugly little thing" is in palette 11. I think palette 6 & up is originally for building but who cares.
    1st things 1st is finding the "ugly little thing" colour in the palette editor (palette 11).
    2nd thing is changing the RGB of the ugly thing which is by defualt 112,200,16 to your grass/ground colours which is found in palette 0.
    After that, load new blocks and see if it worked, just reply if you have any more problems.

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 4th, 2013 (5:13 AM). Edited May 4th, 2013 by Rivn.
    Your current user title is

Quote:
      Originally Posted by LaDestitute View Post
      So, I've figured out how to work with tilesets and tileset palettes pretty much now, I've successfully replaced the default tree with my own and edited and messed around around with the greenery palette to make it a bit darker and more lush looking but I've run into a problem.

My palette is fine, but there's this ugly little thing:

How do I make it look like this?

I tried recoloring the mismatched color using palette 0 (even making it transparent by coloring it black in palette 0) but to no avail. Some attempts do nothing while some botch the color and make it look worse. I have figured out which tile it is though, and it's this one (it's edited, though to make which part is doing this clearer):
      Try to edit palette 11 instead. It should be color 14 RGB(112, 200, 160) by default. Im pretty sure you'll know how to fix it.

Damn Gyrath, ninja'd.
      Old May 4th, 2013 (5:20 AM).
      Razor Sharp

Nature: Calm
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Gyrath View Post
        Ok, First off you have your ground (or grass w/e you call it) colour which is in palette 0, yeah?
        The ugly little thing" is in palette 11. I think palette 6 & up is originally for building but who cares.
        1st things 1st is finding the "ugly little thing" colour in the palette editor (palette 11).
        2nd thing is changing the RGB of the ugly thing which is by defualt 112,200,16 to your grass/ground colours which is found in palette 0.
        After that, load new blocks and see if it worked, just reply if you have any more problems.
        Thanks, dude, it worked! :D
        Old May 4th, 2013 (10:48 AM).

An hour of tinkering with Tile Layer Pro and Googling after my post yesterday, I found out that the Frames in Pokemon Crystal are in 1BPP Format and managed to change it along with the main Fonts and most of the map tiles.

Now I'm trying to change the sprites for the objects found inside buildings such as tables, tv, computer, etc. For some reason I can't find the sprites by opening VBA's Map and Tile Viewer, taking note of the address, palette, etc. Open the Memory Viewer to locate the tile's address, and search for about 5 - 6 bytes found in the address in a hex editor. It can't locate such string.

I found the tile for the bed post and managed to edit it but I can't find the rest of the tiles. I now doubt that those images are compressed but are just scattered. Let me see if Tile Molester is much better than TLP as what most people say....
          Old May 4th, 2013 (12:43 PM).
          Razor Sharp

Can someone help me with replacing the house tiles for tileset 0/1? I tried, but it's so difficult to align them correctly without fubaring it and getting some tiling error and such.
            Old May 4th, 2013 (3:02 PM).
            (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
            • Gold Tier

Nature: Jolly
            Anyone know how to add specials?

Support me at my site!
            Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
            Old May 4th, 2013 (4:49 PM). Edited May 4th, 2013 by Rivn.
            Your current user title is

Is there any way to make the doors on Emerald behave the same like the doors on FireRed do? I don't like the idea of using a two tile-height door since I can't get it to work regardless of how much effort I put in this. I am going to use mainly FR tiles for my Emerald hack, but editing the animation so that the top door tile is transparent (which in my eyes is a bad solution) doesn't work. I tried both Door Manager and a classic tile viewer in order to get a decent result - without success.
              Old May 4th, 2013 (5:26 PM).
              What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
                Anyone know how to add specials?
                Specials are just ASM routines. They are organized so that their pointers are all in a nice big table which is referenced by the Special commands. For example, special 0x12, will reference the 0x12th slot in that table and call the routine from there. Basically a simplified callasm command. So, if you know the location of the table (I'll give you a hint: in JPAN's first release of his hacked engine, there was a notes file........) you can fill in some of the "empty" slots (the ones with routines that do nothing but loop back to the script) and put in your own routines.

Paired with Simba
                Old May 4th, 2013 (5:32 PM).
                Quitting cuz i got a job

Nature: Sassy
                  I actually have the table in my visitor messages. Ill give it to ya:
                  0x15FD60 is the table. Just follow what karatekid said.
                  Old May 4th, 2013 (7:22 PM).
                  • Gold Tier

thank you guys for the responses. ASM is not all that scary anymore XD

Support me at my site!
                  Old May 4th, 2013 (8:33 PM).
                  I am legend

[FONT="Special Elite]Uh, just thought I'd pop in with a question.

Does anyone know the list of "suggested" names of the hero and heroine in Pokémon FireRed? Like the ones generated by the Professor if we leave our name blank? I just need the text, and then I can shoot out the offsets with a text editor...
                    [/FONT]
                    Old May 5th, 2013 (5:11 AM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post
                      [FONT="Special Elite]Uh, just thought I'd pop in with a question.

Does anyone know the list of "suggested" names of the hero and heroine in Pokémon FireRed? Like the ones generated by the Professor if we leave our name blank? I just need the text, and then I can shoot out the offsets with a text editor...
                      [/FONT]
                      Look at the end of the quick research thread in R&D. There is a post by Knizz about skipping parts of the intro and the default names are listed. I don't know about the suggested names, but you could probably find the offsets with A-text.

Paired with Simba
                      Old May 5th, 2013 (7:02 AM).
                      Razor Sharp

I found the names via Advance Text, via search.
                        Searching names like GARY and GREEN brings them up.
                        Old May 5th, 2013 (3:11 PM).

Nature: Modest
                          Hello fellow pokecommunity'ers

I have a question that ive tried to look up and i sadly cant find the answer to, it would be helpful if someone can at least give me possible reasons for what im doing wrong. Im starting a hack just to test my abilities and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I recently started tile inserting. Im pretty good at it, So far ive added trees, grass, the ground and i tried to add a house to my hack. everything seemed fine until i warped through the door and got this ( see attachment at bottom)

For some reason, the tiles around the door show the door animation and it doesnt go away. Again, any suggestions would be very helpful.

your friend, Besj08
                          Attached Images
                          File Type: png pokemon screen capture.PNG‎ (4.3 KB, 19 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old May 5th, 2013 (3:59 PM).

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Besj08 View Post
                            Hello fellow pokecommunity'ers

I have a question that ive tried to look up and i sadly cant find the answer to, it would be helpful if someone can at least give me possible reasons for what im doing wrong. Im starting a hack just to test my abilities and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I recently started tile inserting. Im pretty good at it, So far ive added trees, grass, the ground and i tried to add a house to my hack. everything seemed fine until i warped through the door and got this ( see attachment at bottom)

For some reason, the tiles around the door show the door animation and it doesnt go away. Again, any suggestions would be very helpful.

your friend, Besj08
                            This is kind of funny, becuase just on the last page of this thread, this same type of thing happened with a rom base. Look for posts by Gyrath and then an answer by Banjora Marxvile and there you shall find your answer.

Paired with Simba
                            Old May 5th, 2013 (7:09 PM).
                            Pokemon Lurid Creator

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                              This is kind of funny, becuase just on the last page of this thread, this same type of thing happened with a rom base. Look for posts by Gyrath and then an answer by Banjora Marxvile and there you shall find your answer.
                              I still haven't been able to fix this problem. Im seriously thinking of just starting over because of this
                              Old May 6th, 2013 (1:54 AM).
                              hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!

Nature: Bashful
                                Remember, ROM Bases are only meant to be a base to start on, you could start again and just copy and paste the tiles over into a clean ROM, and being careful by keeping an eye out for when the tiles mess up with that animation appearing (by keeping back ups so you know exactly what areas not to use), and you may be fine using it like that.

Temmie vibrates intensely.

awwAwa cute!! (pets u)

OMG!! humans TOO CUTE (dies)

can't blame a BARK for tryin'...

RATED TEM OUTTA TEM.

Old May 6th, 2013 (6:17 AM).

Hey guys,

I'm not ready yet to post urls or pics, so this post might look a bit vague... Anyhow I'm hacking Ruby and encountered a small problem. I tried changing the intro screen (press start) at first following the tut:

"[Graphics] Hacking Ruby Title Screen Completely Step by Step" from ADLFM14 but my colors didn't show up. So I decided to take an 'easier' tut (without the tile-editing), namely:

"Advanced Ruby title screen editing" from Epsilon.

I followed all the steps in his tut, and used the Tropius palette for my title screen btw. I also changed the palette for the given offset using APE, to the palette I exported using unLZ. In my title screen, I also made sure the color which should be transparent, is replacing the transparent color on the Groudon-default-title screen. Now the problem is, as you might guess, that the title screen shows up with different colors. I'm still doubting if it's the Groudon palette, or the palette it should be, only with colors 'mixed up'. I think it's the last one.

Mods, if this is not allowed please say so, but here's a (indirect) link to my title screen:

img268.imageshackDOTus/img268/7461/titleweird.png

Hope you guys can help me. Thanks in advance.
                                  Old May 6th, 2013 (6:51 AM).

Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Manderek View Post
                                    Hey guys,

I'm not ready yet to post urls or pics, so this post might look a bit vague... Anyhow I'm hacking Ruby and encountered a small problem. I tried changing the intro screen (press start) at first following the tut:

"[Graphics] Hacking Ruby Title Screen Completely Step by Step" from ADLFM14 but my colors didn't show up. So I decided to take an 'easier' tut (without the tile-editing), namely:

"Advanced Ruby title screen editing" from Epsilon.

I followed all the steps in his tut, and used the Tropius palette for my title screen btw. I also changed the palette for the given offset using APE, to the palette I exported using unLZ. In my title screen, I also made sure the color which should be transparent, is replacing the transparent color on the Groudon-default-title screen. Now the problem is, as you might guess, that the title screen shows up with different colors. I'm still doubting if it's the Groudon palette, or the palette it should be, only with colors 'mixed up'. I think it's the last one.

Mods, if this is not allowed please say so, but here's a (indirect) link to my title screen:

img268.imageshackDOTus/img268/7461/titleweird.png

Hope you guys can help me. Thanks in advance.
                                    Spoiler:

Here is the image for those who are lazy:p.

1) Your tilemap may have had the palettes screwed up when drawing in NTME. Did you play with the palette tab on the bottom?

2) You inserted an UNcompressed palette instead of a compressed one, or vice versa. I ca't remember which it is, but I'm pretty sure it is compressed.

Paired with Simba
                                    Old May 6th, 2013 (9:41 AM).

@KarateKid
                                      I didn't edit the tilemap, so I guess that should be fine. Which means the second option you gave should be my problem.

I checked the tropius sprite in unLZ for this rom and noticed it's mixed colors as well :s
                                      At this part, I don't know exactly what's gone wrong, since I basicly followed Epsilon's tut (which is quite incompletely, I think, but okay)

I guess I'll try the whole thing over again! If it won't work out, I'll let you know...
                                      Old May 6th, 2013 (10:29 AM). Edited May 6th, 2013 by LaDestitute.
                                      Razor Sharp

Try this:
                                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfgreH8doCQ
                                        Old May 6th, 2013 (11:32 AM).
                                        THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Nature: Sassy
                                          How do I change how types work? I want to add a new type. Oh yeah, is it a good idea to replace ??? type?
                                          Old May 6th, 2013 (12:30 PM).
                                          Dark Energy is back in action! ;)

Location: A small country in the North
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Branellope View Post
                                            How do I change how types work? I want to add a new type. Oh yeah, is it a good idea to replace ??? type?
                                            Koolboyman has posted documentation for changing the type strength/weakness system (for every game up to Gen IV) in Research & Development section I think. You could start off by looking for that thread there.

Fixing bugs in a ROM hack
                                            CP of encountered pokemon in GO

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
                                            -The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
                                            Old May 7th, 2013 (11:12 AM).
                                            • Gold Tier

Does anyone know how to remove the help system from FR without removing the titlescreen?

Support me at my site!
                                            Old May 7th, 2013 (4:43 PM). Edited May 7th, 2013 by Thomasco2013.
                                            Thomasco2013 Thomasco2013 is offline

1. Programming running shoes in pokemon gold?

2. Add a new title screen to pokemon gold?

Even a link would be great!
                                              Closed Thread

Quick Reply