• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Forever the Pikachu Race

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now

I don't think, high numbers are good for Pikachu. So let's do our best, to get the number down :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Sigh I really wish people would bring in legitimate reasons rather than 'Ash is stupid, Pikachu is stupid' etc.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now

Unfortunately that's true.

I think, a new mascot would be better, though. Pikachu is one Pokemon of the first gen and since that time, the number of Pokemon drastically increased. Considering this number (which hasn't stoped increasing) and thus the way Nintendo is going it'd be great if they chose to change the mascot in every generation.

I mean let's face the truth: all people who grew up with the first gen don't like the new seasons (of the anime) and since Nintendo wants to get new fans among the kids they should change the representing Pokemon depending on every gen.

Pikachu is nothing more than a remaining of gen one and the first season of the anime.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I don't think Nintendo would ever do that though. They like to stick with the same mascot 5ever.

Years

is it safe to say that if nintendo or whoever makes the anime chose to use someone else as Ash's main companion the haters would be hatin on it instead

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now

Well haters gonna hate. At least there would be some variety. Also it would make a little more sense than Pikachu getting weak again in every new season.

Kieran_90

That guy that you think you remember
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
62, yawn. *enjoys my legndary way with words* *sings david bowie - rubber band*

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now

Seeing Pikachu win is like watching the anime. It looks fun at first but the more it happens, the boringer it gets.

Repetition is never fun. :P

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years

Pikachu is great, every time I see Pikachu I instantly get all nostalgic and remember back to the first series I watched religiously as a kid. ^^

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now

You talking about competetive play?
1. its attack power is greater than its special attack power, but most of its attacks are special based
2. using light ball (which is mostly the only way to make it usefull) takes the item spot, so there's no variety to boost it otherwise
3. Lightningrod is an ability for Pikachu which is only accessable by Dream World, Static isn't that much of a use
3. it may be faster but isn't much of a tank (so substitute is really needed)
4. Hidden Power Ice: who the hell invests so much time to get the right typing and a good strength of this attack?
5. even with all this combined it's only useful in NU (but rarely seen)

Yeah, I did a little research :P

Back