• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Octoburn!

Crux

Evermore
Years
Yes sirs and dames, the thread for snappy comebacks, and witty retorts galore!
How talented are you at the nimbleness of the mouth and mind?
What was your best sharp tongued reply?

Answer, if you can.

Years
I vary from epic to terrible when it comes to comebacks, depends on how awake I am and how ready for a back-and-forth I am. I can't remember a specific one but I my best retorts are usually sarcastic remarks about what the first person said.

Years
I can't do comebacks. I just keep it real by calling them out for whatever stupid came out of their mouth.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I love snapping back with a witty comeback if someone decides to belittle me or put me intentionally in a uncomfortable position in a hostile manner. I do know when to and not to talk back, but when it comes to siblings, cousins, friends, peers etc, I don't hold back once someone initiates the insults. 8)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'm great at finding comebacks in less than a second. I always have the last word in those kind of stuffs.

I won't post the best comeback I had, because it's kinda insulting, lol.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
My work day consists of other managers and I throwing insults at each other all day, so I'm fully loaded with them.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I generally am not in situations that I need to make comebacks. Heck, the last time someone said something that I could have used a comeback, I just turned and began to stare him down. {: Hey, it worked, at least.

I'm good with sarcastic remarks, but I usually use them in the way of making people laugh. You really have to get on my bad side before I switch from amusing to insulting.

The closest I've come recently to a comeback was during a conversation with my older sister. She told me not to be proud that I'm taller than her (despite the large age difference). I replied, "I will be proud that I'm taller...not that it's much of an accomplishment."

Last edited:

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I'm pretty good at comebacks, actually. Depends on how cool the other person is with foul language, to be honest. Sometimes my friends will walk right into a witty retort and I have to do a quick mental check to remember if they're cool with certain types of humor.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I'm pretty horrible at making comebacks but once in a blue moon I come up with some that just floors everyone.

That's super rare though :(

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Every now and then I can come up with something incredibly clever that everyone laughs at and amazes everyone. But those times are far and few between and most of the time I will think something but somewhere between thought and mouth the process becomes jumbled and everyone looks at me weird.

And usually my comebacks are only funny in the moment so repeating them makes them lose their humor. :(

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
If somebody isn't worth my time or energy, my generic comeback is always "you are turning me on so much right now".

It works in most situations lol

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Im pretty much no good at comebacks, if I dont have a response, I'll just shut my mouth and not say anything.

Back