• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Are you hesitant...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
to post your opinion around here?

Just something I've been wondering.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Yes, sometimes, because I don't want to get into trouble if I would tell my opinion, especially if it might offend some people...

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
No. I am a fiercely opinionated person. I'd challenge the whole world before I even budge an inch on my views, so I think that says something towards how I feel about sharing them. If people don't like what I think, or how I operate, well... then they can kiss my ass when I find success through this beliefs, as I know I will; I'm not saying my school of thought is THE right one.. but it is a damn good one. Hell, if anything... I'm afraid to NOT give my opinion...

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Yes. I'm not an open person to begin with, honestly lacking a taste for self-expression; being recognised certainly doesn't 'help'.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
It's not so much that I'm hesitant to voice my opinion on something, as a lot of the times I do. It's just that I have trouble putting my thoughts into words and I always worry that people will misunderstand me. It's happened plenty of times in the past so if I'm hesitate about voicing my opinion it's due to that.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Sometimes. I'm still used to the last forum I used, in which posting your opinion was a death sentence.

Archenoth

The arch foe
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2020
I was going to say "no", but then I thought about it, so now I have to say "yes".

Honest

Hi!
Years
Not really. Am I motivated enough? That's a different story, considering I'm a lazy butt. But, I don't really fear posting my opinions, cause they're my opinions. You don't have to agree with them, but they're my decisions to make. I try not to be insulting or anything as I post them (that'd just make me look like a jerk), so I'm not really hesitant, no.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Depends on the type of thread. If it's something that's open for discussion then I'll give it a lot of thought before I even consider posting because the last thing I want to do is argue with people and discussions turn to arguments very quickly. Mainly I stick to posting opinions that nobody can argue with, which mainly consists of stuff about myself.

Burgundy

Classy C-Class Sommelier
Years
I hesitate to post my opinion occasionally, but I tend to be brutally honest much more often.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I can be. I am quite afraid of being judged by people so I usually dont unless I feel the need to.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I have gotten better about it, however there are some things that I feel you just...can't post your opinion on because so many people oppose it and run you into the ground to where you can't defend yourself. For example, if an abortion thread were to crop up in D&D, I wouldn't post there. I would have a minority opinion and people would...probably treat me like dirt. Whether you wanna hear it or not, that happens a bit in D&D. Usually though, I am fine with posting my opinion.

As for irl things, again, I'm getting better about it. I usually voice it if people are being complete ignorant dirt wads and deserve a word slap.

Years
Sometimes it's the way that someone says something that lends a statement its meaning. Plus, I tend to have a formal tone of voice in my typing that may seem cold, but I express myself quite differently verbally. So, with that said, it is sometimes nerve-racking to post an opinion about something without offending someone.

And there is the whole thing about if I have this opinion about this than I surely must have another opinion about something else or I am this type of person - attribution in short.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
It's something I've been afraid of for a long time, and I blame my anxiety for it. I love to speak my opinions about it, but when I do, I feel that people are going to disagree and start a year-long argument on why they disagree, and...I don't want that tbh D:

So *zips mouth* I'd rather shut up.

Back