• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Latias or Latios

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like Latios more. It's my favorite shiny and I find more use for Latios than Latias.

Years
I love both, but my vote goes to Latios since he's blue (my fave color!) is more offensive-based and has been available in the main version I played of the games the duo are catchable in (I played Ruby, SoulSilver and Black 2, all of which have Latios).

In fact, in Black 2 I actually caught Latios, but he sadly wound up with a terrible nature (Careful).

Years
I think in basically every aspect I preferred Latios over Latias. Latios had (in my opinion) a better moveset, better attacking stats, and I liked it's blue/grey color scheme versus the simple red/white.

I was always disappointed that I could only catch Latias in Sapphire, as when I was younger I always figured I should be able to catch the blue member of the duo on the blue version of the game, just like Kyogre/Groudon.

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
Years
Latias, the cutest and most playful and smallest.. at least in the pokémon movie *A*.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Even though Latios is stronger I prefer Latias just cause she does not have that move that Latios has which kills himself with.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Personally, I've always liked Latias better. It could be because I prefer female Pokémon, or it could be because she is red.

Last edited:

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
I like Latios, mainly because he's blue, but also because Latios seems to have the better stats in my team. But, either way, he gets the pick.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Although when I used to do competitive battling it was always Latias, Latios is still my favourite. When the TV thing came up at the end-game in my first play through on Emerald, I chose "blue" assuming this was a choice between Kyogre and Groudon. When Latios appeared in the grass I instantly had a favourite legendary :)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I love Latias, but Latios definitely still has a lot of appeal.

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
Years
Well, to be honest, it depends on the player and his/her team.

Latias and Latios do not have any difference in stats, except that the 110-130 base stat distribution for Sp.A and Sp.D are different. Latios is a more offensive Pokemon, sporting a good base 130 base Sp.A still with good walling and support capabilities with its 110 base Sp.D stat.

Latias is the reverse, being a more defensive Pokemon, with 110 Special Attack and 130 Special Defense, it has very good walling and support capabilities while still maintaining a strong Special Attack stat.

Latios is more suitable for offensive teams used mainly for sweeping while Latias is more suitable for defensive, support or stall teams. The only main weaknesses both of them have is their mediocre HP and Defense stats and also their weakness to five types- Dragon, Ice, Bug, Ghost and Dark.

Other than that, they are awesome Pokemon suitable for Uber and OU Teams :3, although Soul Dew is banned in OU...

Dude492

Hoenn Champion
Years
Team Latios due to Latios serving as the Battery for the eon device (In Pokemon Heroes) would be will-draining and still he attacks the barriers, that takes strength, something that Latias didn't appear to have.

Back