• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Forever the Pikachu Race

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years

So much hate on Pikachu competitively, haha. My Pikachu on my Heart Gold team never let me down in a competitive battle. You just don't know how to train your Pikachu well enough ;P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I don't care about playing competitively so I don't care much about any of that. :'D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
I don't care about playing competitively so I don't care much about any of that. :'D
I don't care too much either. I only owe one Pokemon capable of fighting in competetive play and even that isn't fully trained. But it hits so hard, it isn't even funny :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I feel like I should go and put on one of my two Pikachu shirts now.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now

I can't decide if I'd rather play Darksiders or train my team in Pokemon White... Well, my star Pokemon needs a little bit training, though...

Also PMD4 is being released in about a week (at least where I live). I don't know, why they did that considering that I've already watched a whole LP of the main story. xD

As far as I've seen, Pikachu is one of the playable Pokemon, again...it makes me kinda sad.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017

I'm not sad about Pikachu being a playable Pokemon. I'm sad about the immense lack of Pokemon species in the newest PMD. Even Pokemon Conquest had more Pokemon!

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years

OMG Axew!!! <3 he's amazong in my White team! that said, I think PMD4 is just too........ 3D I suppose for me, I loved the feel of the older ones. I just feel like the bigger graphics and from what I've heard way easier gameplay is just...... too childish :( I think I'll stick to the older ones, cause they were awesome :)

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years

Just when you mention 3D, I wonder how X and Y are going to fair. For me anyway, I've never played XD: Gale of Darkness or the Colosseum game so this will be the first 3D Pokemon game I'll be playing, hopefully it doesn't feel to wierd. :)

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I tried PMD: Explorers of Time and it's pretty good, just that sometimes it's just so annoying... I also played Colosseum & XD. I wanna try out PMD: Gates of Infinity & I hope I'll get Pokemon Y.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I don't know if I'll ever buy the game. But if I do, I'll go with Axew and Pikachu.

I was going to say, have you even played it? Because (pretty early on might I say) you can go into something called 'companion mode' and take on any requests with any Pokemon you want to be. So yeah.

I loved the new PMD and I wish people would actually pick it up and give it a chance before judging it.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I was going to say, have you even played it? Because (pretty early on might I say) you can go into something called 'companion mode' and take on any requests with any Pokemon you want to be. So yeah.

I loved the new PMD and I wish people would actually pick it up and give it a chance before judging it.

For me, the main problem is the lack of Pokemon species. But in Pokemon Conquest, that was no big deal, because a lot of my favourites were in that game.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now

Well, I'm going to by it anyway. I've watched a whole LP of it and since I like what I saw, all is good. xD

I think I won't choose Snivy, I don't know in Pokemon White it wasn't that useful, had good defense, but thats all.
Neither Snivy nor Pikachu, I'd rather say :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Eh. There are plenty of Pokemon species to me. And even if there is a lack of them it just tells you to choose to use different Pokemon for once. All the Pokemon level up whether or not they're with you on a request so none of them really fall behind/gets left at level 5 forever.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now

They took out the random Pokemon generator on the beginning of the game, for some reason. Well, fine by me, since in the last PMD (Blue Rescue Team) I've played, I've restarted multiple times to get the starter I wanted (dunno which one it was, though) xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

fine by me as well. I just picked Pikachu and Oshawott (because I liked my Water/Electric combo in Explorer of Sky) and went on my merry way. Though when I went through the game I realized that Tepig might have been a better choice.

Back