• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Sierra's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Oh, lawdy. First of all, thankies! Secondly, turns out I had a super old version of XSE or something, so I downloaded the unofficial and seemed to have made some progress. Now he actually talks to me! Whoo! Only problem is he just says "Are you taking care of Axew?" and I haven't even received it yet ._. is it because this flag is already used or something?

It's because you didn't put setflag 0x828 in the script. You may have received Axew although the Pokemon menu isn't showing.

Just put setflag 0x828 at the end of your script.

PiplupGHacker

Keeping the dream alive.
Years
It's because you didn't put setflag 0x828 in the script. You may have received Axew although the Pokemon menu isn't showing.

Just put setflag 0x828 at the end of your script.

Still didn't work after I did this. However, I changed the flag it checks and sets to 0x777. Any problem this is gonna cause in the future? Because it now works. And could I have a list of flags that I can use, or can I just put in any number?

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Still didn't work after I did this. However, I changed the flag it checks and sets to 0x777. Any problem this is gonna cause in the future? Because it now works. And could I have a list of flags that I can use, or can I just put in any number?

There is a list of flags at the first post check it.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Can you help me? I want add the new Pokemon Trade offset. I need to add extra one than three existing Trades in Pokemon Ruby. My task is add an trade your Mankey for Leafeon <Added to empty place holder> Can you help me with making script of trade?

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
Years
Hey diego would you mind checking on this script?

Spoiler:

It's hanging when the door opens then closed. What should I do?!

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
Sometimes when I'm inserting/changing scripts/events, after saving it, my game messes up even though I inserted the scripts correctly. Is it normal for me to experience this?
Btw, I'm hacking pokemon emerald.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Sometimes when I'm inserting/changing scripts/events, after saving it, my game messes up even though I inserted the scripts correctly. Is it normal for me to experience this?
Btw, I'm hacking pokemon emerald.

Use the Unofficial XSE Gamer2020 recently released. That one doesn't mess up Pokemon Emerald.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
Use the Unofficial XSE Gamer2020 recently released. That one doesn't mess up Pokemon Emerald.

Thank you for the quick reply, I've downloaded it and gonna try it for a while. ;)

Can someone check this pleeeeaasse? :)

Spoiler:

I kept on getting that gotostd 0x8 when I change it to anything. It's suppose to be releaseall,end.
Is there anything wrong in my script?
It is a script event in pokemon emerald.

The gotostd 0x8 activates the registration of the person to the pokenav.

Last edited:

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Thank you for the quick reply, I've downloaded it and gonna try it for a while. ;)

Can someone check this pleeeeaasse? :)

Spoiler:

I kept on getting that gotostd 0x8 when I change it to anything. It's suppose to be releaseall,end.
Is there anything wrong in my script?
It is a script event in pokemon emerald.

The gotostd 0x8 activates the registration of the person to the pokenav.

Try repointing the offsets by naming them again with @script, @script2 and such. Then compile it and see if it works.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hey diego would you mind checking on this script?

Spoiler:

I am not going to fix your script. It's up to you to do so, however, I will try and help you understand your common mistakes.
Corrections and notes are under your SPOILER tag.
Hopefully, this'll help you avoid the mistakes in the future. ;)

Explanation is under here...
Spoiler:

It's hanging when the door opens then closed. What should I do?!

That is because you didn't properly end your script. The address [door] lacks the codes [release] and [end], and other things if you plan on adding a few more after that.

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
Years
I am not going to fix your script. It's up to you to do so, however, I will try and help you understand your common mistakes.
Corrections and notes are under your SPOILER tag.
Hopefully, this'll help you avoid the mistakes in the future. ;)

Explanation is under here...
Spoiler:

That is because you didn't properly end your script. The address [door] lacks the codes [release] and [end], and other things if you plan on adding a few more after that.

Man.. this is so confusing.. O_O but anyways, thanks! :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
thanks for the awesome guide!
oh and can i ask a question?
i'm trying to edit the champion's script in pokemon emerald using xse
how would you do that? i can't open the script using advanced map
i've tried opening the map script using header but all i'm getting is a bunch of setvar
can you help me? and could you explain setvar again (sorry i'm a noob and i'm a visual learner)

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2013
I'm a real noob at scripting and hacking in general.. so I'm struggling to understand this..

I have XSE, and I made a script exactly like yours (on the first post of the thread.. the simple message script) and I have used the free space finder in Advance Map.. but I don't know what to do now?

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
I'm a real noob at scripting and hacking in general.. so I'm struggling to understand this..

I have XSE, and I made a script exactly like yours (on the first post of the thread.. the simple message script) and I have used the free space finder in Advance Map.. but I don't know what to do now?

You don't need A-map to find the offset for you XSE automatically does that.

So what you got to do is put "dynamic 0x800000" at the start of your script and then compile the script into your rom.

To compile first you have to load your rom go to file and then open or simply ctrl+o. AAfter that locate your rom and Ta-Da you rom is loaded.

After that try and locate the compile button it has the icon of a gear next to the save icon so press it. After that a window appears and copy the offset of the very first pointer there. After that goto A-map and paste it to the npc or S-tile script offset box and it should be working perfectly. :)

red5677

Non-Existent Elite Four Champ
Years
I need help with a starter event, is there a flag that does that, because I want a local gym leader to do it instead of professor oak. (Fire Red) Can anyone please help me with that?

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I need help with a starter event, is there a flag that does that, because I want a local gym leader to do it instead of professor oak. (Fire Red) Can anyone please help me with that?

The starter event isn't controlled by a flag (flags are involved though). It's just an extremely advanced code written as a level script. Go into Oak's Lab on AdvanceMap (4.3), click on Header at the top, go to the Map Script section, hit the Up arrow on the Script no. box until you get to the third script, open it with whatever coding thing you're using, and there's your starter code.

red5677

Non-Existent Elite Four Champ
Years
The starter event isn't controlled by a flag (flags are involved though). It's just an extremely advanced code written as a level script. Go into Oak's Lab on AdvanceMap (4.3), click on Header at the top, go to the Map Script section, hit the Up arrow on the Script no. box until you get to the third script, open it with whatever coding thing you're using, and there's your starter code.
So basically if I copy that I can paste it onto whoever I wantz? Gee Thanks! I've been looking for that everywhere! And can I just edit the message of the rivals and the professor to my needs or....?

Last edited:

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
So basically if I copy that I can paste it onto whoever I wantz? Gee Thanks! I've been looking for that everywhere! And can I just edit the message of the rivals and the professor to my needs or....?

You have to repoint the new text if the newer one is longer than the previous one.

Back