• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Did you use the Master Ball?

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
Years
Quick question! I know it's a little off topic, but I want to use my Masterball on it; since, I heard it would take off.

How do you encounter or catch Thunderus and the other weather Pokemon? I heard you need a dream radar or something? How do you get that?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Quick question! I know it's a little off topic, but I want to use my Masterball on it; since, I heard it would take off.

How do you encounter or catch Thunderus and the other weather Pokemon? I heard you need a dream radar or something? How do you get that?

Depending on what version you are playing. B/w I believe are running about in the wild and in B2/W2 You will need Dream Radar

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
Years
Depending on what version you are playing. B/w I believe are running about in the wild and in B2/W2 You will need Dream Radar

Oh ok. I see now. I have B2 and from what I read, they said you need dream radar.

EDIT: Just bought Dream Radar.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2023
I don't think I've ever used any of my Masterballs with the exception of in the original Blue.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2023
Nope, I don't use my Master Ball. I set a challenge for myself to only use Poke Balls. :D

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
Pearl is my first game. (I wasn't around for first gen, too young for second gen, didn't know what Pokemon is when third gen came out)
I think that the master ball was given out so you can catch the verion mascot (strongest Pokemon in first gen) so......
Pearl: Palkia.
Soul Silver: Lugia
Heart Gold: Ho-oh
Black: Reshiram
BUT for Black 2, I used the masterball to catch Kyurem, and made a wish to be able to catch Zekrom in one try.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2014
No, I don'use the Master Ball because i think it take away the fun of capturing a Pokèmon.

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 27, 2013
I'm currently playing Pokémon Black for the first time and I've just received my Master Ball, so I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I usually try and save it for a Legendary Pokémon, if I can't catch it with the poke balls that I have, it just depends on the situation I'm faced with to whether I use it or not.

MistressShiki

~Dragon~
Years
  • Age 27
  • NJ
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Nope, never ever used a master ball. Catch all my legends in plain old pokeballs just to challenge myself. XD

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2023
I've actually never thought to hold the Masterballs in case I run into any shineys... Thank you for that recommendation!

✯Shigeru✯

I Dropped The Lift Key...
Years
I've never had to use a masterball in any of the 5th generation games. I just tend to luck out whenever I'm going after a legendary pokemon with a low catch rate like kyurem.

Years
I used it on the resident genie of my Pokemon Black game Tornadus. If there is a roamer Pokemon available I always give one of hem priority of the master ball. Timer balls and ultra balls are good enough for everyone else.

Last edited:
Years
I didn't use it. For me, only Pokemon worth Master Ball is Mewtwo. And it kinda takes away the fun of catching something, so I don't use it.

Sorvete

Novice
Years
I used it on Thundurus when I wanted to use it on my team and didn't wanna spend 5 hours trying

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Pokemon Black was the first time I ever encountered a shiny - a Wingull in the postgame - so, yes, I threw that sucker right away. These days, I'd probably check to see if Wingull got Whirlwind/a recoil move, and at least try to throw a few regular balls if not; but, you know...youth.

Back