• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
If that's all that's generally left, then expect to see a sparse amount of information over the next 5 months =P Of course they've already broken the mold for information since I don't feel like we've ever had this much information so early before the games release. If anything, I expect the antagonist, Sylveon's typing/the new type (if it happens), plus everything else listed to be thrown out there for us. I'm honestly expecting a little more than that though.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It's interesting how the rival wasn't revealed in this issue (sre it's big but) as they're usually revealed with the PCs artwork.
I hope she (I'm tired of guy rivals and so far our female rivals have been accompanied by guys and so has the only female professor...) isn't too friendly with the player. Also it'll be nice if we met her outside of our hometown like with Silver in GSC and make her a stranger as well.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
It's interesting how the rival wasn't revealed in this issue (sre it's big but) as they're usually revealed with the PCs artwork.
I hope she (I'm tired of guy rivals and so far our female rivals have been accompanied by guys and so has the only female professor...) isn't too friendly with the player. Also it'll be nice if we met her outside of our hometown like with Silver in GSC and make her a stranger as well.

Isn't the normal rodent also revealed at the same time as the normal bird generally? Unless the lizard is supposed to replace the normal rodent, it seems like the reveal "pattern" is being broken pretty readily. I do hope the next info we get includes the rival, at least, though. And maybe even the professor and antagonist team (if they still go with that kind of plot device).

blue

gucci
Years
There's the Gym Leaders, Elite Four Members, Rival, Another 100+ Pokemon, Cities, Important NPCS, Regional Professor, Sylveons Typing, More information on the Mewtwo Forme, New features, Villainous Team etc. I'd say there is still a considerable amount of information undiscovered, plus on the official website there are three sections that are blanked out with "????"

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I don't think they'll reveal 100 Pokemon before the games come out, nor the E4, and gyms, those stuff we generally find out after the games come out.

Actually gym stuff is usually revealed before the games are released, after all, we found out about nearly all the Unova gym leaders (between both 1st and 2nd games) before the games came out.

Years
That's because someone got the game early and leaked them or at least that's what happened with the first set of gen 5. So those who get early copies will still be able to release them, except the eighth if she/he ends up being hidden like Giovanni and Juan.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
That's because someone got the game early and leaked them or at least that's what happened with the first set of gen 5. So those who get early copies will still be able to release them, except the eighth if she/he ends up being hidden like Giovanni and Juan.

No I mean officially, the official sites revealed the early gym leaders for the gen 5 games before they were released.

Years
I don't remember that tbh. I hope they release a few and keep the rest for after the games come out or not release any until after to keep the experience fresh.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
So they get their STAB moves at Lv.5?

Does this mean we're going to start with them at a lower level? THAT would be interesting.

Cyclone

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
So they get their STAB moves at Lv.5?

Does this mean we're going to start with them at a lower level? THAT would be interesting.

Cyclone

Could be they learn these moves from a move relearner, after all, with some Pokemon, if you take em to a move relearner you'll find they can learn moves from a lower level than when you got them, aka those hidden moves.

blue

gucci
Years
I can't actually remember if they reveal the full game details prior to the release, but I'd also like a few little things kept a secret for you to discover in-game.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
It's also possible that the moves just got added from a developer's version of the game to showcase what moves they'll potentially learn, plus the buffed PP of Vine Whip might be the showcase of that as well. It's possible they'll just get them at level 5, but the other option is possible as well.

Years
I sure hope they get them at level...however it'll make the initial battle against the rival difficult compared to past battles as usually we just have our starters tackle one another.

Years
It's also possible that the moves just got added from a developer's version of the game to showcase what moves they'll potentially learn, plus the buffed PP of Vine Whip might be the showcase of that as well. It's possible they'll just get them at level 5, but the other option is possible as well.

I really hope so, stab moves at level 5 could make the first rival battle impossible xD

Edit: Ninja'd xD

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Since this is pretty big, i thought it would be best to create a specific thread for it. The English trailer gave the names of four new Pokemons and they're the same as The guy gave Pokebeach. This probably means that following are also Confirmed :

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.

Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).

Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.

The professor's English name is Patrice.

The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.

The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.

A few attacks will be dual-typed.

There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.

You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

Massive Changes !

I believe this all to be 100% true based on the fact he got the English names right. Also pokebeach pointed out that the source code for the new mewtwo is labeled mewtwo X, meaning there could be a mewtwo y. Also i think they accidentally left ice up( it can be hard to keep up with all the types) Also i am guessing the bracelet has something to do with collecting DNA.( maybe the professor(patrice?) studies pokemon DNA.) The gym like building is most likely a grass gym. Also i like that we get other outfits in the game. The game is looking amazing and seems to be shaping to be the best pokemon game yet imo.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
STAB moves at Level 5 would definitely make the first Rival battle impossible!
With 2 attacks at the most our Pokemon would faint, which seems pretty unfair
Maybe the first rival battle doesnt happen until later? But this is i think very unlikely...

Fairy being included as a new type and some other stuff mentioned above i see happening, but some, like:
- Dual typed moves
- "Aerial" battles

I consider rather unlikely, or i hope they don't get included.
Those aerial battles sound pretty boring and just too specific
And dual-typed attacks would make things super-complicated

blue

gucci
Years
I'd be pretty happy with a new type right about now, I'd say it's kinda long overdue. Also, assuming this guy is feeding us legitimate information and judging from the fact that he got the English names spot on, I'm lenient to believe what he says is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back