• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen A New Land, the Kalos Region

Years
I love the new region!!!! I was hoping for some more islands too :( Anyway, it is amazing!! Cant wait! :)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Ah, didn't know the routes had been reset again. Yes I agree fully now that it is alone.

On the other hand, I am loving the snow area in the top right corner. I guess we will not have seasons this game.

Also, my guess is that the first town where we start is the small town in the bottom left. It is kinda cut off form the rest of the region.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Ah, didn't know the routes had been reset again. Yes I agree fully now that it is alone.

On the other hand, I am loving the snow area in the top right corner. I guess we will not have seasons this game.

Not necessarily. Unova's art shows the mountains looking snowy. Some areas in Kalos can just be colder than others--even Antartica has seasons (I think!)!

Years
Looks like we have some fancy garden just south of Paris Lumiose City. That pretty much cinches it as Versailles. I also like how they've interpreted Mont Saint-Michel, the island cathedral-looking part on the western peninsula. And do I see the Millau Viaduct there on the eastern part of the map?

I get the feeling that we might start at the center bottom. There's a little town, then a short path before another town, then a forest, then a larger town, then Paris from which it looks like we might go in several different directions.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I hope we get to go inside that tall white mountain in what would be real life Germany on the map. It seems like there's an entrance to me...maybe it's the new Mt. Silver?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
MAJOR SPOILER!

(Seriously, look at it.)

Spoiler:

Maybe not so much a spoiler after all, but because of the image, I spoilered it. :P

Cyclone

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
MAJOR SPOILER!

(Seriously, look at it.)

Spoiler:

Maybe not so much a spoiler after all, but because of the image, I spoilered it. :P

Cyclone

I believe most of us saw that, it's pretty hard to miss what with being tall, and blue =P

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm pretty sure we've all seen that already for the most part. All it really means is that we have routes 1-whatever again, which probably means it isn't set near Unova, otherwise the route names would overlap.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I guess this confirms the routes will be reset, like it happened with Unova
And this probably means there wont be any travel to another region

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
France is sort of Star shape.
Sort of :) . Looks more like a hexagone to me (BTW, a popular nickname for the mainland France among the French population actually is "the Hexagone")
Fr-map.png

I like this new region. From the few routes I see, it looks like the map is going to be more complex than the map of Unova, and that's how I like it.

(I'm a little upset my city, Toulouse, doesn't seem to have a counterpart in this region, but it's just me :D )

iTeruri

iAm
Years
The region seems to be based on Northern France, though. Judging from the icons used in the dex, it's supposed to be some kind of pentagon/star combination.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
(I'm a little upset my city, Toulouse, doesn't seem to have a counterpart in this region, but it's just me :D )
Well, that little map shows 21 cities. There are likely more small towns. Eight will obviously be Gyms, and maybe other little towns along the way that serve as early stops or other important locations later in the game.

I would personally laugh if "Nice Town" or "Nice City" appears in the game by that very name.

Cyclone

blue

gucci
Years
They're very similarly structured with the rivers running through several areas of the region, it's certainly the smallest region out of them all.

Kalos-region-map-610x399.jpg
fr-map.gif

Years
Does anyone think that may the clouds could be covering more parts of the region like B2W2 did with the ice? I hope that it is.
Also could the mountain be where the legends could be?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Does anyone think that may the clouds could be covering more parts of the region like B2W2 did with the ice? I hope that it is.
Also could the mountain be where the legends could be?

I guess there could be some areas that are being hidden for now, maybe post-game content?
I've been thinking, since the legendaries are so different, Xerneas resides in the woods and Yveltal in the skies, maybe it's like in GSC, where Ho-Oh and Lugia had their own special location?
Would be pretty nice to do this with the new legendaries right? One at the top of a mountain, the other in a sacred forest

Years
I guess there could be some areas that are being hidden for now, maybe post-game content?
I've been thinking, since the legendaries are so different, Xerneas resides in the woods and Yveltal in the skies, maybe it's like in GSC, where Ho-Oh and Lugia had their own special location?
Would be pretty nice to do this with the new legendaries right? One at the top of a mountain, the other in a sacred forest
Yeah, I can totally see Yvetal flying on top of that giant mountain whose top is covered by clouds.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Actually, by the "starting town" circle, that looks like a path into the mountain.

Also, I think the PL will be in the dead north center of the map. The castle may be another landmark of the region; I know, for instance, that two episodes of Iron Chef were filmed at Château de Brissac in Brissac-Quincé.

Cyclone

blue

gucci
Years
I could be wrong with on the regional map it having a blue roof, but where you've labelled the starting town, the building in front with the blue roof looks similar to that castle we saw from the initial trailer.

img_thumbnail_4.png

Back