• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The DlC Thread

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Clothes? Maybe.
Items and Pokémon? Don't think so.

Anyway, there's no way to be sure right now, so we'll just have to wait :)

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I just hope in future generations we can have user-submitted clothing and accessories (obviously since its E for Everyone it would be screened before its live) so that we can have truly unique trainer customization. I wonder when they will add Pokemon clothing too, like how in the anime some Pokemon have things unique to them.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Clothing would be great. Even inter-series clothing, though just anime-style clothing would be good for me.

I'd dress like Princess Zelda :3 always fancied a Pokemon-Zelda cross-over.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
DLC - Region extensions or previous Regions. If they can pull it off. With new plots and all the goodies
Clothing, trainer accessories.
Pokemon accessories on and off battle.

well I'll think of better ones sooner or later

blue

gucci
Years
I'm pretty sure it will be heavily based around the Character Customization feature in downloading new accessories and outfits for the player.

Years
A region expansion were you travel from the French-esque region to the humble English town of Middlesbrough and then continue on until you're at the London world tournament.

Hopefully some low cost cosmetic changes such as character outfits and one large cost ($15?) region expansion which has a storyline built around a legend that is typically an event pokemon (Mew, Celebi etc.).

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
What I hope is if we do have DLC for new accessories and outfits then we won't have to pay for them. That would feel cheap from Nintendo for me.

Anyway, I'm sure there won't be much DLC content for Pokemon except customization stuff. However it would be interesting if GF released mini-plots for X and Y that could or not relate to the game. That would be something.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
What I hope is if we do have DLC for new accessories and outfits then we won't have to pay for them. That would feel cheap from Nintendo for me.

Anyway, I'm sure there won't be much DLC content for Pokemon except customization stuff. However it would be interesting if GF released mini-plots for X and Y that could or not relate to the game. That would be something.
It would be cool if we got clothing based on other games we owned; so we got DLC that inspire you to get other games, without it feeling cheap.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I'm not sure about pokemon getting any type of DLC at all
If it did though, i would be more than happy with additional region/storyline components!
I don't care much for the clothing, if it's then sure, but i'm not going to pay cash money to change my appereance in the game

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Clothes are the most likely I think, at least starting out.

They probably won't go too crazy with the pokemon dlc. I could see it mainly being event legendaries being given out free as dlc (I think it would be outrageous to have to spend money to complete the pokedex) and maybe they will have a Riolu/Lucario or Zorua/Zoroark type pokemon family as dlc.

There might be some location dlc too and some additional challenges and change dlc (like adding re-battleable gym leaders if it's not in the base game)

I'm not expecting much in terms of dlc until gen 7 to be honest.

If they create package dlc that contains new locations, challenges and clothes I would be more likely to buy them....but I can't really see myself buying single clothes dlc. (Something like if they made a new snowy dlc location with new challenges and features and added in a few winter coats clothes dlc as part of that package)

Last edited:

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Clothes are the most likely I think, at least starting out.

They probably won't go too crazy with the pokemon dlc. I could see it mainly being event legendaries being given out free as dlc (I think it would be outrageous to have to spend money to complete the pokedex) and maybe they will have a Riolu/Lucario or Zorua/Zoroark type pokemon family as dlc.

There might be some location dlc too and some additional challenges and change dlc (like adding re-battleable gym leaders if it's not in the base game)

I'm not expecting much in terms of dlc until gen 7 to be honest.

If they create package dlc that contains new locations, challenges and clothes I would be more likely to buy them....but I can't really see myself buying single clothes dlc. (Something like if they made a new snowy dlc location with new challenges and features and added in a few winter coats clothes dlc as part of that package)
What if instead of a Magmaruby/Aquasapphire release, they just give us regions as DLC with clothing to match characters from each region?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
What if instead of a Magmaruby/Aquasapphire release, they just give us regions as DLC with clothing to match characters from each region?

I like the idea, but i think making a whole new game would be better for us, the fans, and for Nintendo as well, so it's probably not that likely to happen

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I like the idea, but i think making a whole new game would be better for us, the fans, and for Nintendo as well, so it's probably not that likely to happen

Personally I don't think it's better for the fans. Wouldn't it be far better to have one cohesive game with the Hoenn region added as an expansion pack? (with no less content than the base game) No swapping between games/carts. All the benefits of two games in one package.

Of course it's not better for Nintendo because they would have to sell it on the eShop only (which might become less of an issue in the future, but right now they're still trying to get people to use the service) They would probably be somewhat pressured to sell it for less because it's digital and an expansion pack too.

Of course there is also the space on the cart to take into consideration, in a perfect world it would have enough space for many expansions but we know that's not the case. So I'm thinking the expansion idea I mentioned above will be for another generation (possibly on the 3DS's successor)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Well idk, of course I'd love to be able to travel between the Kalos and Hoenn region.
On the other Hand, this would be an add-on, which means there will probably be only post-game stuff to do in Hoenn, and I'd rather start a fresh adventure there, pick my Torchic as starter and re-live the Hoenn adventure in 3D!!

And don't forget, a full game released on cartridge would make more profit than a DLC

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
You really should have made it DLC.

I'm looking forward to map extensions, however wouldn't those make a third game pointless?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The first DLC will unlock an exclusive in-game area. Count on it. A reward for early purchasers.

Cyclone

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Having this gen's event legendaries as DLC fits the bill, but the only question is, will they be for a limited time only like past event legendaries? Will it also include items required to unlock these event Pokemon? They did say that there'll be extra accessories for DLC, for I'm looking forward to it.

Back