• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should I get my cards graded?

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2014
Hey all! I just came across some SUPER RARE cards and am thinking about getting them graded (to increase re-sale value) and want to know if they are worth it. Im looking for them to come back 8-10 but im not an expert on card grading, so if I send in a card with a tiny scratch on it can it still get a 10? Or is it down to a 6? The PSA website didnt help a whole lot. Heres what I have, would it help to get some pictures up? I really need your advice as it would be a few hundred dollars to get all these graded.

Neo Revolutions Cards (No first editions)
Shining Noctowl
Shining Mewtwo
Shining Raichu x2
Shining Gyradose
Shining Magikarp
Shining Celebi

Ex Power Keepers
Charizard 100/101
Mew 101/101

Thanks!
Charizard 146/144

Years
Having not graded a card personally myself, I'm not as familiar with their standards, but from what I understand PSA is a bit more lenient than some of the other grading agencies. If you think it'll be worth the risk lost, go right ahead and try.

Without seeing the cards in person, I can't tell if it'd be worthwhile to pay for grading any of them. Those cards are all cards that generally pay for their own gradings with their value increases, though.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
First things first...

Neo Revolutions Cards (No first editions)
Shining Noctowl
Shining Mewtwo
Shining Raichu x2
Shining Gyradose
Shining Magikarp
Shining Celebi

Only the Shining Gyarados and Magikarp are from Neo Revelation. The other Shinings are Neo Destiny aka the most flawless set to exist.

Depending on how "tiny" we're talking the scratch is though, you may not get a 10. It'd be helpful if you could post pictures, but I don't think anyone on PC is an expert at grading or anything of the sort.

If worse comes to worse, I'll gladly take those Shinings off your hands~

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Recently got into PSA, so i can at least tell a cards condition. A tiny scratch will not bump it down to a 6, that would just be ridiculous. Edge condition is a big thing, along with centering.

And it would take way less than a few hundred dollars if you did it through someone on youtube.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
There are people on youtube who have memberships on psa, and thus can do it for a reduced price. You send them your cards and the money, they send them to psa, and then send them back to you.

Back