• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen BOX ART!

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
After seeing a better quality pic of the X boxart I like it more. I still prefer Y's colors, though. Glad to see the foliage texture better on X's, though. Makes it much less plain.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Looks magnificient. Also, the "X" has leaves/trees and the "Y" has clouds/sky. A hint at their (partial)Types ?

Nice catch, i didn't notice at first :D

I like X's art better than Y, since it's more symmetric and the color pattern suits Xerneas.
Is it just me, or is it the first time the Covers have the exact same colors, just inverted??

Sure, you can argue Black and White did the same with Zekrom on a white background and Reshiram on a black one, but this sure is different??

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Nice catch, i didn't notice at first :D

I like X's art better than Y, since it's more symmetric and the color pattern suits Xerneas.
Is it just me, or is it the first time the Covers have the exact same colors, just inverted??

Sure, you can argue Black and White did the same with Zekrom on a white background and Reshiram on a black one, but this sure is different??
Death the kid would be proud lol
Anyway since i think Y fits my drawer more Y for me

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
X looks brilliant, majestic, confident and strong! I don't understand why people are criticizing its pose; it's so elegant and royal. Definitely fitting for a Mononoke inspiration.

The colours are bright and optimistic, too. I feel happy just looking at it. Yvetal's box art is nice, too, and fits the darker theme I find Yvetal exudes.

Will still be getting X.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
I liked Xernes as a legendary more when I first saw the two, but now after seeing the box art.. I think Y's looks much better.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I liked Xernes as a legendary more when I first saw the two, but now after seeing the box art.. I think Y's looks much better.

I think that's slowly how I'm starting to feel about this. Both Legendaries look awesome though. I think the typings will be what decides it for me. Though, I do love Y's boxart focus on the skies, compared to X's on the forests/woods. Gonna be a tough choice, more so than last gen.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Everything is just making my decision to go with Y that much more secure. Yveltal is amazing, and I like how the colors come together on Y's box. X's is kind of pale, but Y's just stands out more to me. And I like Yveltal more than Xerneas anyhow.

Though I will always wish that the coloring of the word "Pokemon" could change like it does on the Japanese box art. It was fine in the old days, but now it just looks weird to me. I'll just live with it.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Though I will always wish that the coloring of the word "Pokemon" could change like it does on the Japanese box art. It was fine in the old days, but now it just looks weird to me. I'll just live with it.

This too, after a while, the same logo gets tiring after a while, but there's not much we can do about that sadly.

Now that I can see the foliage in the background I have to say X's looks better now, but I still prefer Y's box art more. Yveltal just way cool in my opinion and the dark clouds on the boxart fits the dark-look it has.I'm still leaning more towards Y for now.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I like Yveltal better, but i think his box art is not as nice as the one for X.
Having the Pokemon Logo change like it does in Japan would be awesome, but that will probably never happen for us :( I'm still thinking of getting both games, so i won't have to make that tough decision

Years
I might get X because, I like Xerneas a little more. I mean, when I first saw the first trailer I fell in love. Although, Both are amazing! Why is October so far away? haha

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
After sitting on it longer I think I actually like X's box art better. I think the subtle leave background in the X fits better with Xerneas as a whole in comparison to the clouds on Y's cover. I don't know, I just like how it looks a little better!

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I think it's the symmetry. I reckon that catches humans' attention because it's logical, similar and is overall pleasing on the eyes.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
Either way I don't get why some are saying X's box art is bland because I love it actually; Maybe that's because I like Xerneas more and was planning on getting X from the start...

maybe but im planning on getting y but i think x's boxart looks so much better ^^ it comes down to taste really x looks brighter whereas y looks somewhat darker

tnfsf11

I'm hoping I can catch both legendaries in each game, so that I can choose my version based upon version-exclusive pokes only & not upon which legendary is cooler :/

Back