ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread

Old May 15th, 2013 (10:50 AM).
Let's Keep It Simple

Nature: Lonely
    In PGE ini it says that the TMData start at &H45A80C.
    Since there are 50TM's and 7HM's I wanted to know if anyone has a clue how long that table is?
    Im kind of trying to repoint it.

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 15th, 2013 (11:01 AM). Edited May 15th, 2013 by Spherical Ice.
    • Crystal Tier

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
    I think I understand that. How do I know where I inserted my routine?

Or how to find the routine?
    Wherever in your ROM that you pasted
    Code:
    1f b4 15 48 01 78 49 00 14 48 00 68 11 4b c0 18
    40 18 03 88 00 2b 16 d0 58 00 c0 18 80 00 0c 49
    40 18 84 7a 60 00 24 18 a4 01 0e 48 00 19 0c 49
    30 22 0b df 0b 48 00 19 60 30 09 49 1e 22 12 01
    89 18 30 22 0b df 1f bc 07 4c 20 68 07 49 08 47
    04 0c 25 08 58 32 00 00 6d b1 03 02 40 b1 03 02
    00 18 00 06 60 ab 1e 08 48 b1 03 02 7d a1 13 08
    Is where your routine is located. If you pasted that data at 801234 (you don't have to! You can paste it anywhere you see free space - lots of FFs), you'd do what I did, and so on.

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
    Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
    Old May 15th, 2013 (11:46 AM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
      Wherever in your ROM that you pasted
      Code:
      1f b4 15 48 01 78 49 00 14 48 00 68 11 4b c0 18
      40 18 03 88 00 2b 16 d0 58 00 c0 18 80 00 0c 49
      40 18 84 7a 60 00 24 18 a4 01 0e 48 00 19 0c 49
      30 22 0b df 0b 48 00 19 60 30 09 49 1e 22 12 01
      89 18 30 22 0b df 1f bc 07 4c 20 68 07 49 08 47
      04 0c 25 08 58 32 00 00 6d b1 03 02 40 b1 03 02
      00 18 00 06 60 ab 1e 08 48 b1 03 02 7d a1 13 08
      Is where your routine is located. If you pasted that data at 801234 (you don't have to! You can paste it anywhere you see free space - lots of FFs), you'd do what I did, and so on.
      Ahhh!! I got it now!! I was forgetting to put the code in.... ~Facepalm~
      and I needed to do the +1. (thanks to gogojjtech) Thanks!

Hmmm...
      Another question:
      One game I played had the running shoes already given to the player at the beginning. Do you know how to either script this event or make it happen?
      *If this is too hard, I will settle for the mom (firered) giving the player the shoes
      Old May 15th, 2013 (11:47 AM).
      (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
      • Gold Tier

Nature: Jolly
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by xYggdrasill View Post
      Does anyone know a good tutorial or can tell me how to start up with ASM?
      Like.. really from the very basics: Opening a ROM in whatever kind of program I need.
      And step for step explained.

I mainly want to learn this so I can edit class-based trainer music.
      For example, I want my Rival to give a special battle music, and it was said I need ASM for this.
      Anyone can help me out with a start?
      Wow, you guys don't look through the tutorials section do you? Jambo51 has a thread on this already.

Support me at my site!
      Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
      Old May 15th, 2013 (11:58 AM).
      • Crystal Tier

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
      Ahhh!! I got it now!! I was forgetting to put the code in.... ~Facepalm~
      and I needed to do the +1. (thanks to gogojjtech) Thanks!

Hmmm...
      Another question:
      One game I played had the running shoes already given to the player at the beginning. Do you know how to either script this event or make it happen?
      *If this is too hard, I will settle for the mom (firered) giving the player the shoes
      You need to add the code setflag 0x82F into a script somewhere - perhaps in a level script in the player's room - to activate the Running Shoes.

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
      Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
      Old May 15th, 2013 (11:59 AM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
        2) Hex editing.
        I haven't found any tutorials about hex editing evolutions. Is it easy, or does this issue warrant its own thread?

Thanks in advance.
        Old May 15th, 2013 (2:13 PM).

I've been following a Tutorial of how to insert a new Ruby Version title screen. I've attempted to insert my new Title Screen for about a month now, and I'm not getting anywhere. Is there an easier way of inserting the Tilemap image I attached into Ruby Version without it turning into the result I've attached? I'll gladly do whatever steps are necessary to put this in my game.
          Attached Images
          File Type: png NTME Screen.png‎ (49.2 KB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)
          File Type: png Screwed Up Title Screen.png‎ (301.3 KB, 6 views) (Save to Dropbox)
          Old May 15th, 2013 (2:30 PM).

Nature: Quirky
            Nobody's been answering me so;
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
            I have a few questions!

1) Where does the free space in Emerald start?

2) This one: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234124

The first post is for those using R/S/E I think. And the last post is for FR. I tried doing the FR one and the camera moved BUT it never returned to the player's position.

3) In FR, I tried using the S.S. Anne as a warp place. And the instant I got warped: I got to a pitch-black place and then froze on the spot. I already checked the map;bank thing and it's perfect but there's that error. Does that have anything to do with the ticket? Do I need it?
            Guys please answer me quick! I'm gonna be off for the week within an hour!

Old May 15th, 2013 (2:54 PM).
            Quitting cuz i got a job

Nature: Sassy
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
              Guys please answer me quick! I'm gonna be off for the week within an hour!
              1. Check here ~ E3CF64.
              2. Can't help much, but I think this is the code that matters for that part:
              special 0x113 (You must write this command again)
              writebytetooffset 0x9 0x2025734 (will move camera instantly in the x-axis to original position)
              writebytetooffset 0x4 0x2025736 (will move camera instantly in the y-axis to original position)
              special 0x8E (will update the screen)

3. Not much help there either. Just triple check the map numbers to make sure they are right and I will try it later.
              Old May 15th, 2013 (2:58 PM).

Nature: Quirky
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by TweenyTodd View Post
                1. Check here ~ E3CF64.
                2. Can't help much, but I think this is the code that matters for that part:
                special 0x113 (You must write this command again)
                writebytetooffset 0x9 0x2025734 (will move camera instantly in the x-axis to original position)
                writebytetooffset 0x4 0x2025736 (will move camera instantly in the y-axis to original position)
                special 0x8E (will update the screen)

3. Not much help there either. Just triple check the map numbers to make sure they are right and I will try it later.
                Okay thanks! At least someone replied. Thanks again.

Old May 15th, 2013 (3:15 PM).
                Quitting cuz i got a job

Does the incense trick work in Fire Red? I.E. Having Wobbufet hold a lax incense in the daycare produces a wynaut egg?

If yes, has there been any hacks that have replicated this effect for Budew or Munchlax or the likes?
                  Old May 15th, 2013 (3:34 PM).

Hey guys, this is my second time writing this post because apparently I can't post URL's until after 15 posts which is understandable. Anyway I apologize if these questions have been asked before but I have searched through multiple guides and done searches in almost every forum but can't find an answer.

Firstly, and most importantly, how does one change the introductory scenes of emerald/sapphire/ruby (the events once you are actually in game, not talking to Birch and naming your character)? I have deleted all events and reworked the maps etc. but no matter what I do when I play my ROM I end up back in the moving van and am greeted by my invisible mom. I'm sure there have to be hidden scripts or something but I can't find them.

Secondly, I was glancing through the ROM Hacking Resources and noticed that many people were posting sprites or tile sets. How do I get those tiles/sprites into advance map. I'm sure there is a different process for both so I am requesting an answer for each.

Finally, if there is a guide that includes either of these I would be more than happy to look through it. Thanks in advance for your help.
                    Old May 15th, 2013 (3:54 PM). Edited May 15th, 2013 by TweenyTodd.
                    Quitting cuz i got a job

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by kablam View Post
                      I have searched through multiple guides and done searches in almost every forum but can't find an answer.
                      Search a little harder next time >.o

Quote:
                      Firstly, and most importantly, how does one change the introductory scenes of emerald/sapphire/ruby.
                      Theres a tool for this: Advanced Intro Ed

Quote:
                      Secondly, I was glancing through the ROM Hacking Resources and noticed that many people were posting sprites or tile sets. How do I get those tiles/sprites into advance map.
                      Only Overworld Sprites can be viewed in A-Map, and only when you are using them with a person event. UNLZ is the program used to view other sprites.
                      Tutorials:
                      Inserting Overworld Sprites
                      New tilesets

There are more tutorials, but these are the first two I found.
                      Old May 15th, 2013 (11:52 PM).

I'm trying to edit Pokemon Crystal tilesets and I believed I've edited about 70% of it. Now I need to deal with the compressed images. I have successfully extracted and reinserted the edited tilesets using AgiXp by using the offsets I found by Googling.

For the uncompressed images, I normally use VBA's Memory search method and using a Hex Editor to find the offset but it doesn't work with compressed images. Is there a much faster and accurate way in finding the offsets for compressed images than scouring the internet for someone who might've provided and found the offsets?

Thanks!
                        Old May 16th, 2013 (1:04 AM).

how to create a tileset for my tilemap pokemon ruby worldmap
                          Old May 16th, 2013 (3:07 AM). Edited May 16th, 2013 by karatekid552.
                          What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by kablam View Post
                            Hey guys, this is my second time writing this post because apparently I can't post URL's until after 15 posts which is understandable. Anyway I apologize if these questions have been asked before but I have searched through multiple guides and done searches in almost every forum but can't find an answer.

Firstly, and most importantly, how does one change the introductory scenes of emerald/sapphire/ruby (the events once you are actually in game, not talking to Birch and naming your character)? I have deleted all events and reworked the maps etc. but no matter what I do when I play my ROM I end up back in the moving van and am greeted by my invisible mom. I'm sure there have to be hidden scripts or something but I can't find them.

Secondly, I was glancing through the ROM Hacking Resources and noticed that many people were posting sprites or tile sets. How do I get those tiles/sprites into advance map. I'm sure there is a different process for both so I am requesting an answer for each.

Finally, if there is a guide that includes either of these I would be more than happy to look through it. Thanks in advance for your help.
                            1) You need to find and download a tool called "Truck Remover" and another tool called "SMCA". Truck Remover will remove the ASM which makes the truck shake and SMCA will change your start map to a different one besides the truck. Now, go learn about Level/Map Scripting. This where your "invisible" mom script is: it is a map script on the main LittleRoot map.

2) Just type "Tiles" in the search box in the tutorials section. You will find at least 7 guides on inserting tiles. NSE Classic is the tool used to insert overworld sprites.

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by yram44 View Post
                            how to create a tileset for my tilemap pokemon ruby worldmap
                            By what you said... You have a tilemap? But you need a tiles set for it? I litterally wrote a tutorial called "Making Tilesets from Tilemaps- The Super Easy Way".

Does anyone around here actually try to look first?

Paired with Simba
                            Old May 16th, 2013 (3:46 AM).
                            Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by TweenyTodd View Post
                              Does the incense trick work in Fire Red? I.E. Having Wobbufet hold a lax incense in the daycare produces a wynaut egg?

If yes, has there been any hacks that have replicated this effect for Budew or Munchlax or the likes?
                              Yes, it works for both of the species to have retrospective babies introduced in Gen 3 (Wobbuffet and Marill) and the 649 Patch has the added code to deal with all of the babies introduced in gen 4.

Other than this, I don't know about any hack with it implemented. I may share the code I made if people are interested.
                              Old May 16th, 2013 (5:17 AM).

Hey guys, I got a simple question, but I couldn't find the answer using google or youtube while there are some examples of it... I'm trying to edit the Birch intro speech, hacking Ruby. Guess I can just open it in XSE or summin, but what's the offset?

Thanks in advance!
                                Old May 16th, 2013 (6:47 AM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Manderek View Post
                                  Hey guys, I got a simple question, but I couldn't find the answer using google or youtube while there are some examples of it... I'm trying to edit the Birch intro speech, hacking Ruby. Guess I can just open it in XSE or summin, but what's the offset?

Thanks in advance!
                                  Use A-text to find the location of the text and then you can edit it in XSE.

Paired with Simba
                                  Old May 16th, 2013 (7:53 AM).

hello , im new to this site and decided i would try to make my own game . after attempting my first script , it wont work on a fresh rom .

my script :

#dynamic 0x8000BA

#org @start
                                    lock
                                    faceplayer
                                    msgbox @talk1 0x6
                                    release
                                    end

#org @talk1
                                    = Hey there!\nHow are you?\pWhat's your name?\p\v\h01?\nThat's a cool name!

anyone know why it isnt working?
                                    Old May 16th, 2013 (8:20 AM).

Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by jackhiggins1388 View Post
                                      hello , im new to this site and decided i would try to make my own game . after attempting my first script , it wont work on a fresh rom .

my script :

#dynamic 0x8000BA

#org @start
                                      lock
                                      faceplayer
                                      msgbox @talk1 0x6
                                      release
                                      end

#org @talk1
                                      = Hey there!\nHow are you?\pWhat's your name?\p\v\h01?\nThat's a cool name!

The script itself is perfect, but I have a feeling you have the wrong XSE version for it. Make sure you are using v1.1.1.

Paired with Simba
                                      Old May 16th, 2013 (8:32 AM).
                                      jackhiggins1388 jackhiggins1388 is offline

how do i check ? im not sure what version i have
                                        Old May 16th, 2013 (8:45 AM). Edited May 16th, 2013 by TweenyTodd.
                                        Quitting cuz i got a job

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
                                          Other than this, I don't know about any hack with it implemented. I may share the code I made if people are interested.
                                          I'm definitely interested, and I'm sure other people are too. I'll look into it if you share your code or not.

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by jackhiggins1388 View Post
                                          It's possible that you didn't give the correct person your script?
                                          Check in A-Map to make sure that you are giving the correct offsets.
                                          If you could say what it is going wrong, that would be very helpful.
                                          Old May 16th, 2013 (8:55 AM).
                                          jackhiggins1388 jackhiggins1388 is offline

im deffently using the right offset . its a fresh rom so the 0x800000 offset should be usable . and even if its not i used free space finder to find one . the problem is that the text box doesn't come up . it doesnt freeze the game its just that nothing happens when clicking the a button
                                            Old May 16th, 2013 (9:15 AM).

Does anyone know how to change trade evolutions to evolutions by level through hex editing on FireRed?

Quick Reply