• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Let's Plays, Guides and Reviews Brainstorming & Discussion Thread

Years
Too young?

I'm looking to make a pokemon platinum lets play and i have a great rom! the thing is i'm 13 and I don't know if people would like my voice? Any suggestions?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
If you decide to LP Pokemon Platinum as a video LP with voiceover, then that's your decision. And really, if someone gives you trouble because you, a thirteen-year-old, have the voice of a thirteen-year-old, that's their problem.

But yeah, if your playthrough of Platinum requires a video LP with voiceover, then that's what you decided. If you're really worried about your voice, you could either do a video LP with subtitles or a screenshot LP.

Still, if you need to do a voiceover, you should do a voiceover. Your voice probably isn't as bad as you might think.

The Shiny Ho-Oh

Golden Bird
Years
A1Ci9.jpg

So I'm making something... This program automatically shows the Pokemon you have and information about them. Nowhere near done, and only a small amount of the features I have planned are done. Any interest?

mizterdekazy

Experienced Pokemon Trainer
Years
Should I do a Let's Play?

I was thinking of replaying these games and posting them on YouTube and break them down as episodes..
so would anyone watch? would anyone support me and help me build a community from my channel?
I would love some feedback and more of what YOU want.
thanks and I appreciate it a lot!!

P.S - HEY SYDIAN DID I GET IT RIGHT? :D LOL {XD} ;)

mizterdekazy

Experienced Pokemon Trainer
Years
The channel will be called "DKZSleeek" search it up (without quotes -.-)
and subscribe or just keep updated, not forcing you to do anything!
& I take requests but NO challenges!
Tell me what YOU want to see and it could be in the video :D

bobandbill

one more time
Years
P.S - HEY SYDIAN DID I GET IT RIGHT? :D LOL
2.%20laugh.gif
11.%20wink.gif
I'm afraid not. You're only meant to make a new thread in general if you have an LP to actually present, while you're meant to use the thread that Sydian alluded to that I'm going to merge your thread with (which states it is for brainstorming/discussion).

You ought to also check the rules as they mention more on how the section works, as well as rules (e.g. you need to post the videos rather than link to a youtube channel).

Years
Wanting feedback

Hello I am wanting to start a legend of zelda minish cap walkthrough but I need to know if this is good enough for a beginning walkthough...er

I hate that this thread has almost 200 views but no feedback... :/

Last edited:
Years
Well, I will say it is a great game choice. I would recommend you try to improve your video quality, and you don't have any commentary. I would also suggest you get a mic and add your own flair to make your LP's yours! Good luck!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Actually, it's fine to use subtitles rather than voice, especially if the game has an atmosphere that would be ruined by commentary running over it.

Since you did decide to do subtitles, I have a few words of advice. One is to change the font to something a little easier to read. I guess you were trying to match the game's font, but your subtitles run sometimes over white, and white-on-white is a rather difficult to read. Especially when your subtitles go by rather fast. Give the viewer some time to read what you're saying.

Also, how are you recording this? Your audio became out of sync with the visual, which was weird to watch.

I haven't really seen a lot of subtitled video LPs, so I can only give the basic advice. Those are the main things about subtitled LPs, though. A good font, and time to read what you're saying. If you fix that and the syncing issues, this will be good, and more people will watch it. Good luck!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Merged your thread with this one, Zorua4Ever, as it's been used for feedback on LP ideas and the like before.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I was thinking of doing a Fire Emblem Gaides LP, but, the entire game is in Japanese, and I'm not entirely suuuure how it can work if I can't do a commentary. Would subtitles help, maybe? Hm.

I'm assuming you mean Gaiden? If so, that game already has a full translation. Went through the game a couple months ago actually, and the names, weapons, and so on were pretty accurate.

MJT1990

Unhatched Suicune Egg
Years
Yo, anybody wanna play PokeMMO with me? Warning: I will be recording it to post on youtube. And if youre going to do that too then its cool! :D Skype me at msmithace1 the name should be Michael Smith. :P Btw! I graduated from 8th grade today!!! WHOO!

LuxLax

Want-To-Be Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
Question on Voice?

Should I put my voice in my play through that I'm going to make like MunchingOrange or not like PurpleRodri? I'm so confused!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Should I put my voice in my play through that I'm going to make like MunchingOrange or not like PurpleRodri? I'm so confused!
Merged with this thread sticky as questions fit better here than in a separate thread.

Your question is rather confusing though if one has no idea what those people sound like/how they do their dialogue, as well as not knowing what you want to playthrough. =/ Try to elaborate more, please.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Hello guys!
So i just started a youtube channel and I'm doing my very first Let's Play (:
I would love to post the videos here, only "problem": The videos are in german...
Is it still ok to start a thread in this case or not?

Thanks in advance for replying

Back