• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Just about profile pictures.

I'm trying to put a pic' as my background image on my profile. I did this on another account without problems; however, this time around, I try to use the picture in my PC album and it says the URL is invalid.

On the other account, it actually offers a drop-down with applicable images. This one, it asks for an URL and highlights red because it's invalid.

:\ Did I forget to do something..?

Clacla

karp karp karp
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Just about profile pictures.

I'm trying to put a pic' as my background image on my profile. I did this on another account without problems; however, this time around, I try to use the picture in my PC album and it says the URL is invalid.

On the other account, it actually offers a drop-down with applicable images. This one, it asks for an URL and highlights red because it's invalid.

:\ Did I forget to do something..?

It doesn't sound like you missed anything. I don't use images for my profile often, but is the album specified as a profile album? Not sure if that matters.

Belldandy

Years
OK, that was it!

I had made the album before redoing my Supporter subscription, so I had made it Private instead of Profile (wasn't an available option pre-Supporter).

Thanks, Cla!

tnfsf11

I would like to ask questions about the "Get Together":
-1. What happens during the GT?/What should I do in the time of GT?
-2. Am I invited?

Also another question:
I found an Easter Egg, what should I do now?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I would like to ask questions about the "Get Together":
-1. What happens during the GT?/What should I do in the time of GT?
The Get-Together is a forum-wide event. There are various activities that take place on and off PC for the length of a weekend. Some of these events are specific to sections on PC (like writing challenges, Pokemon trivia challenges, art challenges) while others are for people to enjoy in general (movie watch-alongs, collective Skype calls). It's just a giant event that takes place every once in a while to bring the "community" of PokeCommunity together.

A lot of events take place on PC itself, so nobody really has to go to another site to enjoy the Get-Together, if that's a worry.

All you do, if you like to participate, is read the thread for the event (as the Get-Together has its own section on the forum while it takes place, and each event has its own thread) and participate in the event as it's described. Like for the trivia contest, you just answer the questions. For movie watch-alongs, you go to the website provided and just join other members. It's easier to see once the Get-Together is begun, as each event is different.

-2. Am I invited?
Anyone who is a member of PC can join in any activity that takes place during the Get-Together. New members, old members, staff, supporters... The Get-Together is for everyone to enjoy.

Also another question:
Those are from older events that passed a while ago. I'd say just ignore them, since there's nothing going on with them, and no one has edited them out of the posts.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I was wondering about this for a while now. Can't we make PC auto-reload or at least like in FB and show notifications when there's activity. It's getting a bit tiring reloading pages you've opened.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Also another question:

You could also let the mod of that forum know. That way they can edit it out so it doesn't confuse people and look silly in the thread since the event is over. :P

Years
I was wondering about this for a while now. Can't we make PC auto-reload or at least like in FB and show notifications when there's activity. It's getting a bit tiring reloading pages you've opened.

As far as I understand, and I'm not very familiar with things on the server backend, but a feature like this is too taxing on the servers to implement on every page.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
As far as I understand, and I'm not very familiar with things on the server backend, but a feature like this is too taxing on the servers to implement on every page.

Not every page really. Just Profile, Subscriptions or the Index.

Years
There is the Who's Online page that sort of does that.

But I don't think it'll pick up on any new notifications.

I don't think our server could handle even just one of those pages you mentioned as auto-refreshing. I don't know the traffic numbers, but I think for those 3 specific pages it'd be quite a high rate of requests, which could cause the server to crash from the sheer number of requests being sent to it by the auto-refreshes.

Belldandy

Years
Supportership? You have to donate or win an event and then they show up automatically. I, for example, donate 2$/mo and have S4, but you can donate 20$ or so outright and get it right away. I think 5$ is the minimum to get S1.

[Edit]

I'd say "ninja'd" but Cirno forgot to mention the event bit! The Mod tabor## acquired Supportership, as well as member Lady Gunner, through the Easter Event.

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2016
despite how long my account had been active, I have not.

I've got several rom hacks in the making. getting tired of doing it all by myself. where can I go to find people good with tilesets Pokemon icons and tile animations?

Thank you in advance!

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
is this picture appropriate for a sig?

i really like this picture. and I'm quite sure its small enough? (480x360)
but it is kind of crude. and i don't want to offend, or get myself in trouble. can someone help me?
do you think this is an appropriate picture for a signature?

EDIT: i can always make it slightly smaller?

0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back