Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #576    
Old May 15th, 2013 (8:42 PM).
Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
Pinkie-Dawn Pinkie-Dawn is offline
Vampire Waifu
     
    Join Date: Dec 2012
    Location: California
    Age: 24
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 9,241
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
    They could call it heart type rather than love.
    However Fairy seems likely at this point...
    Please let Sylveon's type be revealed in June or July I can't take this guessing anymore.
    Shoot, you just gave a Captain Planet Vibe (Ground, Fire, Flying, Water, Heart). Now I'm assuming that Sylveon's type will be the new Bug type.
    __________________
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #577    
    Old May 15th, 2013 (11:12 PM).
    Jigglymilk's Avatar
    Jigglymilk Jigglymilk is offline
    Night Of The Final Day
       
      Join Date: Jun 2010
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Sassy
      Posts: 171
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
      They could call it heart type rather than love.
      However Fairy seems likely at this point...
      Please let Sylveon's type be revealed in June or July I can't take this guessing anymore.
      Heart type sounds kind of... odd. Fairly and Light are the most likely, and I am so sick of the waiting as well! Sadly I doubt we will get a lot of x/y news in June because of everything we got this month. I think they are gonna unleash Sylveon's type when the movie comes out in july, sadly. Two more months!!
      __________________
      3DS friend code: 4699-5168-7204
      Reply With Quote
        #578    
      Old May 15th, 2013 (11:16 PM).
      Zorogami's Avatar
      Zorogami Zorogami is offline
      WUB WUB
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Mar 2013
      Location: Madrid/Spain
      Age: 24
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 2,169
      I don't know about calling it Heart type, doesn't really sound like...well, a type?
      Fairy seems likely, although i wouldn't mind if it was called Light or Magic

      By now i'm pretty sure Sylveon will be a new type, or it wouldn't make sense to still hold that info back
      __________________

      ~ Anything for my Nakama ~
      Reply With Quote
        #579    
      Old May 16th, 2013 (9:06 AM).
      Guy Guy is offline
      just a guy
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Sep 2008
      Location: Florida
      Age: 25
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 7,190
      Whatever you want to call the new type ─ granted there is one ─ let's take it on over to the An introduction of new types...? thread since the name of a new type doesn't have anything to do with Sylveon.
      Reply With Quote
        #580    
      Old May 16th, 2013 (12:41 PM).
      Creame's Avatar
      Creame Creame is offline
      Dreams take you higher ♥
         
        Join Date: Oct 2012
        Location: The Netherlands
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Jolly
        Posts: 71
        I know one thing for sure though.. I have a new fave Pokémon!!
        It's cream, pink, light blue AND an Eeveelution!
        COULD IT GET ANY BETTER!?
        __________________
        What we see with our eyes, we value with our heart. ~

        Eeveelutions ♥
        Reply With Quote
          #581    
        Old May 16th, 2013 (12:52 PM).
        OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
        OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
        10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
           
          Join Date: Apr 2010
          Location: Oregon
          Age: 23
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Careful
          Posts: 17,344
          Sylveon honestly doesn't look elemental like Vapoeon to Glaceon so I'm guessing it won't be Ground, Rock, or Steel. Ghost, Bug, Dragon, Flying, Normal, or new type seem the most likely based on it's non elemental looks. Well actually the only element it could be is wind but Pokémon has no wind unless they make Sylveon flying.
          __________________
          # TeamRowlet
          I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
          https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
          https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
          Reply With Quote
            #582    
          Old May 16th, 2013 (6:05 PM).
          Guy Guy is offline
          just a guy
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Sep 2008
          Location: Florida
          Age: 25
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 7,190
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
          Sylveon honestly doesn't look elemental like Vapoeon to Glaceon so I'm guessing it won't be Ground, Rock, or Steel. Ghost, Bug, Dragon, Flying, Normal, or new type seem the most likely based on it's non elemental looks. Well actually the only element it could be is wind but Pokémon has no wind unless they make Sylveon flying.
          Sylveon's appearance doesn't look like it matches any of the current types. With the most recent Smash episode there are certainly some we can cross out though.

          It's strong against Ice types, so it can either be Steel, Rock, Fighting, Or Fire. However, since we already have Flareon then we can cross Fire out of the list. And it can't be a Dragon, Flying or Ground type if it's strong against Ice, and Bugs aren't effective against Ice types either.

          We know it can be affected by Poison types, so Steel is out. It's also weak against Fighting types so Fighting can also be ruled out as well as Ghost.

          I find it hard to believe it will be a Rock type, so I feel like that can be scratched off the list too. Also, since it has a strength then that crosses off being a Normal type.

          All that leaves is a new type, which I feel is a real possibility right now. There's also a dual type, but like being a Rock type, I find it hard to believe GameFreak will break that tradition.

          PS. When I mentioned not discussing the name of the type, that's exactly what I meant. The name. If you're only talking about what the name of the new type can be and not how it relates to Sylveon, then that can fit in the thread about a new type rather than go here. Otherwise, things may really venture off topic. It was just a friendly reminder.
          Reply With Quote
            #583    
          Old May 17th, 2013 (11:59 AM). Edited May 17th, 2013 by Xander Olivieri.
          Xander Olivieri's Avatar
          Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
             
            Join Date: Jun 2010
            Gender: Other
            Nature: Hasty
            Posts: 5,601
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
            Sylveon's appearance doesn't look like it matches any of the current types. With the most recent Smash episode there are certainly some we can cross out though.

            It's strong against Ice types, so it can either be Steel, Rock, Fighting, Or Fire. However, since we already have Flareon then we can cross Fire out of the list. And it can't be a Dragon, Flying or Ground type if it's strong against Ice, and Bugs aren't effective against Ice types either.

            We know it can be affected by Poison types, so Steel is out. It's also weak against Fighting types so Fighting can also be ruled out as well as Ghost.

            I find it hard to believe it will be a Rock type, so I feel like that can be scratched off the list too. Also, since it has a strength then that crosses off being a Normal type.

            All that leaves is a new type, which I feel is a real possibility right now. There's also a dual type, but like being a Rock type, I find it hard to believe GameFreak will break that tradition.

            PS. When I mentioned not discussing the name of the type, that's exactly what I meant. The name. If you're only talking about what the name of the new type can be and not how it relates to Sylveon, then that can fit in the thread about a new type rather than go here. Otherwise, things may really venture off topic. It was just a friendly reminder.

            They never said it was weak to Fighting attacks. Only two things we know is its Strong against Ice and Weak against Poison.

            The hosts are testing which types Sylveon fits… what could it be?!
            The hosts tested to see if Sylveon was Fighting – she failed.
            Next they tested to see if she was strong against ice – she was!
            She was strong against Ice, so they tested if she was Steel by attacking her with poison type – She wasn’t resistant to it, in fact, it was super-effective against her!
            __________________
            Reply With Quote
              #584    
            Old May 17th, 2013 (12:23 PM).
            Lazerith's Avatar
            Lazerith Lazerith is offline
               
              Join Date: May 2013
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 22
              I think the most likely would be Flying or a new type. But because there are no wings on Sylveon, i don't know if flying is what it will be.

              There have been claims that a new type, Fairy, will be introduced, and because of "Ninfia" and "Sylveon" being similar to "Nymph" and "Sylph," which are types of fairies/air elementals, I think it is highly probably that it will be a new type.

              However, if there is a new type, I hope to god it is called Light instead of Fairy.
              __________________
              Reply With Quote
                #585    
              Old May 17th, 2013 (12:33 PM).
              LycaNinja's Avatar
              LycaNinja LycaNinja is offline
              Werewolf Assassin
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2010
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Docile
                Posts: 232
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lazerith View Post
                I think the most likely would be Flying or a new type. But because there are no wings on Sylveon, i don't know if flying is what it will be.

                There have been claims that a new type, Fairy, will be introduced, and because of "Ninfia" and "Sylveon" being similar to "Nymph" and "Sylph," which are types of fairies/air elementals, I think it is highly probably that it will be a new type.

                However, if there is a new type, I hope to god it is called Light instead of Fairy.
                I think we've all determined it is a new type... As I said like six times now, Fairy will likely be the Japanese name with Light being the dubbed name.
                __________________


                Reply With Quote
                  #586    
                Old May 19th, 2013 (6:49 PM).
                oshawottlover13's Avatar
                oshawottlover13 oshawottlover13 is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2012
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 420
                  I dont think anyone has posted this picture because i didnt want to take the time to look through all the posts but this picture i have shows a little art describing the eeveelutions type but when you look at sylveons, it shows a wing shape. my theory is that sylveon is a flying type. flying types dont need wings. shaymin, dodu. shiploom jumpluff hoppip. sylveon is definately a flying type. no new type.
                  __________________

                  Completed National Pokedex in Pokemon X on 8-5-2014
                  3ds FC: 3308-4678-2953 Trades and Battles anyone?
                  Reply With Quote
                    #587    
                  Old May 19th, 2013 (7:07 PM). Edited May 19th, 2013 by Belldandy.
                  Belldandy's Avatar
                  Belldandy Belldandy is offline
                  Ice-Type Fanatic
                  • Crystal Tier
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: May 2013
                  Location: Ottawa, Ontario
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Timid
                  Posts: 3,995
                  That pic has been posted many times, actually, about 5-10 pages back. The egg-shape and wing inside the egg (first noted by myself, if I recall) was a solid reasoning for flying type, except insects lay eggs, too, and the wing could be dubbed a "coincidence."

                  + Smash earlier this week pretty much shows it's a new type.

                  http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7629294&postcount=358

                  http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7629357&postcount=360

                  And from XanderO:

                  Quote:
                  Just found out by someone on Pokejungle...the "Wing" thing is Sylveon's Ear sideways. They actually DO match up...so trolly XD
                  And me again:

                  http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7629553&postcount=369
                  __________________
                  Reply With Quote
                    #588    
                  Old May 19th, 2013 (7:12 PM).
                  LycaNinja's Avatar
                  LycaNinja LycaNinja is offline
                  Werewolf Assassin
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2010
                    Age: 24
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Docile
                    Posts: 232
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by oshawottlover13 View Post
                    I dont think anyone has posted this picture because i didnt want to take the time to look through all the posts but this picture i have shows a little art describing the eeveelutions type but when you look at sylveons, it shows a wing shape. my theory is that sylveon is a flying type. flying types dont need wings. shaymin, dodu. shiploom jumpluff hoppip. sylveon is definately a flying type. no new type.
                    There aren't any wings at all... I don't see what you are referring to... Why would they make Flying weak to Poison and resistant of Ice? Makes not sense considering Flying is super effective to Ice...
                    __________________


                    Reply With Quote
                      #589    
                    Old May 19th, 2013 (7:16 PM).
                    Belldandy's Avatar
                    Belldandy Belldandy is offline
                    Ice-Type Fanatic
                    • Crystal Tier
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: May 2013
                    Location: Ottawa, Ontario
                    Age: 24
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Timid
                    Posts: 3,995
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
                    There aren't any wings at all... I don't see what you are referring to... Why would they make Flying weak to Poison and resistant of Ice? Makes not sense considering Flying is super effective to Ice...
                    From me a few weeks ago:

                    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7629294&postcount=358

                    But it could be a coincidence (see post right above yours, LycaNinja, for explanation).
                    Reply With Quote
                      #590    
                    Old May 19th, 2013 (7:18 PM).
                    LycaNinja's Avatar
                    LycaNinja LycaNinja is offline
                    Werewolf Assassin
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2010
                      Age: 24
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Docile
                      Posts: 232
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Belldandy View Post
                      From me a few weeks ago:

                      http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7629294&postcount=358

                      But it could be a coincidence (see post right above yours, LycaNinja, for explanation).
                      That's not a wing xD... It just looks like one when you call it that... I used the picture before to reference that it had to be a new type because it doesn't fit the ones we have now...
                      __________________


                      Reply With Quote
                        #591    
                      Old May 19th, 2013 (7:23 PM).
                      Rivvon's Avatar
                      Rivvon Rivvon is offline
                      Shrewd Strategist
                      • PokéCommunity Daily
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2007
                      Location: USA
                      Age: 24
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Jolly
                      Posts: 2,388
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
                      I think we've all determined it is a new type... As I said like six times now, Fairy will likely be the Japanese name with Light being the dubbed name.
                      Why change the name at all for the international release? We already have the Fairy Egg Group. If anything, the Japanese name would be Yousei.


                      Maybe we'll all be surprised when Sylveon turns out to be the first dual-type Eevee evolution lol xD
                      __________________
                      SOREN

                      "My only wish was to see you again."
                      Daily
                      Staff Fire Emblem Collab
                      Reply With Quote
                        #592    
                      Old May 19th, 2013 (7:40 PM).
                      iRyahn's Avatar
                      iRyahn iRyahn is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2012
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Adamant
                        Posts: 179
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
                        They never said it was weak to Fighting attacks. Only two things we know is its Strong against Ice and Weak against Poison.
                        No Aerilyn is correct.
                        They tested to see Sylveon's type and figured out it had a weakness to Fighting. They then moved on to see how she faired against Ice, and she did excellent. This would mean Sylveon is weak to Fighting and strong to Ice. The only type that matches this description is Steel, so they decided to see if she was immune to poison to confirm the steel typing. Just because Sylveon was affected by poison does not mean she is weak to it, I am betting she is just neutral to it.

                        Anyways all they needed to know if she was immune. And she isn't so they found out she is not steel and does not match any current description of typings. I just wish they'd stop stalling and tell us the type already. I don't think they'll keep testing like that though because they found out she isn't Steel and matches no current typings.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #593    
                        Old May 19th, 2013 (8:06 PM).
                        Xander Olivieri's Avatar
                        Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2010
                          Gender: Other
                          Nature: Hasty
                          Posts: 5,601
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by iRyahn View Post
                          No Aerilyn is correct.
                          They tested to see Sylveon's type and figured out it had a weakness to Fighting. They then moved on to see how she faired against Ice, and she did excellent. This would mean Sylveon is weak to Fighting and strong to Ice. The only type that matches this description is Steel, so they decided to see if she was immune to poison to confirm the steel typing. Just because Sylveon was affected by poison does not mean she is weak to it, I am betting she is just neutral to it.

                          Anyways all they needed to know if she was immune. And she isn't so they found out she is not steel and does not match any current description of typings. I just wish they'd stop stalling and tell us the type already. I don't think they'll keep testing like that though because they found out she isn't Steel and matches no current typings.

                          There were Play by Play translations posted on Pokejungle:

                          They tested to see if she was fighting type. She failed to break the blocks so they said she wasn't fighting type. Nothing was said about her being weak to fighting type. They then had her break ice. She managed to do that so she was strong vs Ice. They tested to see if she were steel type and had her sniff a flower. She couldn't stand the smell of the flower so they said she was weak to Poison.

                          Quote:
                          • The hosts are testing which types Sylveon fits… what could it be?!
                          • The hosts tested to see if Sylveon was Fighting – she failed.
                          • Next they tested to see if she was strong against ice – she was!
                          • She was strong against Ice, so they tested if she was Steel by attacking her with poison type – She wasn’t resistant to it, in fact, it was super-effective against her!
                          So far its only Ice is weak to Sylveon while Sylveon is weak to Poison.
                          __________________
                          Reply With Quote
                            #594    
                          Old May 20th, 2013 (5:20 AM).
                          Jake♫'s Avatar
                          Jake♫ Jake♫ is offline
                          ► My Happy Little Pill 
                          • Platinum Tier
                           
                          Join Date: May 2008
                          Location: New York
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Lax
                          Posts: 2,950
                          Just going to ask this, but how does the person not being able to stand the smell of the flower indicate a weakness to Poison? If anything, that seems more like a weakness to Grass to me if the aroma wasn't good. I mean, we have moves like Aromatherapy that are Grass type for a reason. That'd awkwardly make more of an argument for a Rock type, but I really don't see that either. I mean in reality it'll more than likely be a new type sadly, but who knows.
                          __________________
                          Reply With Quote
                            #595    
                          Old May 20th, 2013 (9:27 AM).
                          Cyclone's Avatar
                          Cyclone Cyclone is offline
                          Eye of the Storm
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2012
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 3,392
                            I have it figured out. Sylveon is a BLANK type.

                            Cue the applause.

                            Cyclone
                            __________________
                            "Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

                            Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
                            Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

                            Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

                            Reply With Quote
                              #596    
                            Old May 20th, 2013 (10:36 AM).
                            Kurapika's Avatar
                            Kurapika Kurapika is offline
                            Grudgebearer
                               
                              Join Date: Feb 2013
                              Location: Lavendar Town - Morocco
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Naughty
                              Posts: 406
                              @Cyclone, LOL, that fits it entirely. xD
                              __________________
                              Reply With Quote
                                #597    
                              Old May 20th, 2013 (12:23 PM).
                              Bluerang1's Avatar
                              Bluerang1 Bluerang1 is offline
                              pin pin
                                 
                                Join Date: May 2009
                                Location: Hiougi City
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Relaxed
                                Posts: 2,548
                                Speaking of Blank type, how about a typeless type? An unclassified on. That could be anything. Any type or type of new one.
                                __________________
                                3DS Friend Code: 1204-0601-9485
                                Pokémon X
                                Post on my wall if you add me so I can add you!
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #598    
                                Old May 20th, 2013 (1:21 PM).
                                Del's Avatar
                                Del Del is offline
                                šoακεd ςʟoτhεš, ωε† hαïr... ςoʟd ώίɴɖ ßʟoωïηg...
                                • Crystal Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2010
                                Location: Celadon City, Kanto
                                Age: 25
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Naughty
                                Posts: 503
                                I think from its form and color and also its Vampire's Teeths, Its may be Poison/Sound Type .. maybe =D
                                __________________
                                ヽ(゚ー゚*ヽ)ヽ(*゚ー゚*)ノ(ノ*゚ー゚)ノ
                                itร ʀɑiɳiɳg ѳut tɦɛʀɛ... wɛɑʀ yѳu cѳɑt, tɑkɛ yѳuʀ uɱɓʀɛʆʆɑ ɑɳɗ รtɛp ѳut Բѳʀ ɑ wɑʆk uɳɗɛʀ tɦɛ pѳuʀiɳg ʀɑiɳ...
                                wɦiʆɛ cʆѳรiɳg yѳuʀ ɛyɛร... yѳu ɦɛɑʀ tɦɛ ʀɑiɳ ɗʀѳpร tickʆiɳg ѳѵɛʀ tɦɛ uɱɓʀɛʆʆɑ...
                                tɦɛ cѳʆɗ ɓʀɛɛzɛ, wiɳɗ'ร ɓʆѳwiɳg, yѳu cɑɳ Բɛɛʆ it witɦ yѳuʀ Բɑcɛ รkiɳ...
                                ʀɑiɳ Բɑʆʆร
                                \(^○^)人(^○^)/
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #599    
                                Old May 21st, 2013 (12:06 AM).
                                XeroNos's Avatar
                                XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jan 2011
                                  Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                                  Age: 27
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Brave
                                  Posts: 3,015
                                  Well if you look at it's colour then you could guess it could be Poison type. Maybe a Poison/Flying type can also be assumed
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #600    
                                  Old May 21st, 2013 (1:09 AM).
                                  Zorogami's Avatar
                                  Zorogami Zorogami is offline
                                  WUB WUB
                                  • Gold Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2013
                                  Location: Madrid/Spain
                                  Age: 24
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Relaxed
                                  Posts: 2,169
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
                                  Well if you look at it's colour then you could guess it could be Poison type. Maybe a Poison/Flying type can also be assumed
                                  This means it would be the first eeveelution with a dual type...
                                  And i'm not sure why we keep talking about "old" types, since with the Smash
                                  special and what we found out about its strengths and weaknesses, it basically HAS to be a new type
                                  __________________

                                  ~ Anything for my Nakama ~
                                  Reply With Quote
                                  Reply
                                  Quick Reply

                                  Sponsored Links
                                  Thread Tools

                                  Posting Rules
                                  You may not post new threads
                                  You may not post replies
                                  You may not post attachments
                                  You may not edit your posts

                                  BB code is On
                                  Smilies are On
                                  [IMG] code is On
                                  HTML code is Off

                                  Forum Jump


                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:47 AM.