Art Studio For visual art, photography, and music! Pokémon related or not, showcase or discuss anything related to the visual or musical arts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #251    
Old April 14th, 2013 (3:14 PM).
BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
     
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Age: 19
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 537
    You should put something in there like bubbles or something. It just plainly looks like a pool of BLOOD....
    __________________


    Relevant Advertising!

      #252    
    Old April 14th, 2013 (4:32 PM).
    Harvey_Create's Avatar
    Harvey_Create Harvey_Create is offline
    Pokemon Apex Team Member
       
      Join Date: Nov 2012
      Location: Iowa
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Naughty
      Posts: 188
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
      You should put something in there like bubbles or something. It just plainly looks like a pool of BLOOD....
      Im working on alt detail tiles like bubbles, or little floating rocks.
      __________________
      This signature has been disabled.
      Exceeds signature width limit (strictly 600 pixels or less).
      Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

      You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

      Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
        #253    
      Old April 17th, 2013 (1:20 AM).
      Demon Days's Avatar
      Demon Days Demon Days is offline
      Element of Magic
         
        Join Date: Mar 2013
        Location: South Australia
        Age: 17
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 178

        I would've made this and put it in the WPC, but it's fully scratch this time. Oh well.
        Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... Regigigas's Rock Peak Forme. Part recolour, part fusion, part scratch.

        Apparently X/Y will introduce more fusing Pokémon or something, so it got me thinking that Regigigas formed the Regi trio out of itself. What if you were to fuse one of the Regis with Regigigas? Presumably, it'd turn Regigigas into part of its old look. So I made this. Will I make the Iceberg and Iron Formes? Maybe. Probably. Certainly. Whenever, however, is up to me. So, any thoughts?
        __________________
        oh hey is this a placeholder

          #254    
        Old April 19th, 2013 (12:03 PM).
        Japanda8190's Avatar
        Japanda8190 Japanda8190 is offline
        *!-Pandachu-!*
           
          Join Date: Apr 2013
          Location: England (Whish I was in Japan)
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 8
          Hey, I've made a pixel art Pikachu!
          Attached Images
          File Type: jpg pickleTile.jpg‎ (2.5 KB, 188 views) (Save to Dropbox)
          __________________
          Thanks For Reading,
          Sincerely,
          Japanda8190
          + = Pandachu
          I'm a ultra-rare Light-Blue panda so dont forget so say Rarghhhh (Pandanese for Hey)
            #255    
          Old April 19th, 2013 (2:23 PM).
          Logiedan's Avatar
          Logiedan Logiedan is offline
          highly-functioning sociopath
             
            Join Date: Mar 2009
            Location: yoshi's story
            Age: 3
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 2,936
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Japanda8190 View Post
            Hey, I've made a pixel art Pikachu!
            Read the rules next time; you need 4 sprites to qualify as a showcase. I recommend removing the black background too if it's a sprite and keep the outline.
            __________________


            pair: Sheep
              #256    
            Old May 4th, 2013 (12:23 AM).
            Ęℓαчиıı's Avatar
            Ęℓαчиıı Ęℓαчиıı is offline
            Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Jul 2010
            Location: Allahbamee
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 396
            May get some feedback on this sprite?



            It's one of my fakes, Pispark. The little yellow nub between its legs is its tail, it wouldn't come out like the little bolt its supposed to be so, I just winged it. ; Anyways, I'm still learning how to properly sprite and I've gotten it down for the most part. I just have trouble getting the outlines right. Obviously. I've gotten quite a few helpful tips from people, but no matter how hard I try, I can never get it right. xD; Anyways, some constructive criticism is much appreciated.
            __________________
              #257    
            Old May 4th, 2013 (12:36 AM).
            BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
            BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
               
              Join Date: Sep 2012
              Age: 19
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quirky
              Posts: 537
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ęℓαчиıı View Post
              May get some feedback on this sprite?



              It's one of my fakes, Pispark. The little yellow nub between its legs is its tail, it wouldn't come out like the little bolt its supposed to be so, I just winged it. ; Anyways, I'm still learning how to properly sprite and I've gotten it down for the most part. I just have trouble getting the outlines right. Obviously. I've gotten quite a few helpful tips from people, but no matter how hard I try, I can never get it right. xD; Anyways, some constructive criticism is much appreciated.
              Well, here's my comment. His outline still looks messy. It looks dotted especially that part of his round head. It's so rough and looks a little distorted. (Like when you take a large sprite and resizing it without anti-aliasing). I suggest making it smoother. On the tail though, since it's an actual bolt (or I misunderstood it that it should just LOOK LIKE a Bolt like Pikachu's) shouldn't a light be illuminating from it? Or you can even try to make it a little longer to get the shape of a bolt even just a little. Also when I didn't read your post first and just cluelessly looked at your sprite, shhh.... I thought it was its di** Hahah!
              __________________

                #258    
              Old May 4th, 2013 (1:41 AM).
              Ęℓαчиıı's Avatar
              Ęℓαчиıı Ęℓαчиıı is offline
              Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Jul 2010
              Location: Allahbamee
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Adamant
              Posts: 396
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
              Well, here's my comment. His outline still looks messy. It looks dotted especially that part of his round head. It's so rough and looks a little distorted. (Like when you take a large sprite and resizing it without anti-aliasing). I suggest making it smoother. On the tail though, since it's an actual bolt (or I misunderstood it that it should just LOOK LIKE a Bolt like Pikachu's) shouldn't a light be illuminating from it? Or you can even try to make it a little longer to get the shape of a bolt even just a little. Also when I didn't read your post first and just cluelessly looked at your sprite, shhh.... I thought it was its di** Hahah! :P :)
              Hence why I mentioned it was a tail. ^^;

              It's supposed to look like a lightning bolt, I should have elaborated on that. Here is a version where the head isn't outlined and I lengthened the tail. I can't make it longer, otherwise it wouldn't match up with the artwork.


              __________________
                #259    
              Old May 4th, 2013 (3:25 AM).
              BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
              BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2012
                Age: 19
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quirky
                Posts: 537
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Ęℓαчиıı View Post
                Hence why I mentioned it was a tail. ;

                It's supposed to look like a lightning bolt, I should have elaborated on that. Here is a version where the head isn't outlined and I lengthened the tail. I can't make it longer, otherwise it wouldn't match up with the artwork.


                Well, why not try this one? You really shouldn't save up palettes because you have all those sixteen slots all for your Pokemon.



                You can modify that if you want. I'm just saying how it should be from my POV.
                __________________

                  #260    
                Old May 4th, 2013 (12:48 PM).
                Logiedan's Avatar
                Logiedan Logiedan is offline
                highly-functioning sociopath
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2009
                  Location: yoshi's story
                  Age: 3
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 2,936
                  The solid black outline isn't that great, I would recommend just using a really dark shade of the yellow you have to go into the B/W style. For example, look at your Thunboar in that mockup screenshot, it uses a lot of dark outline and colours to really capture the B/W style which I'm assuming.

                  I personally don't like the style of the eyes, you could always add some of the white apart from the pupil. Kind of like Wartortle's eyes:
                  __________________


                  pair: Sheep
                    #261    
                  Old May 7th, 2013 (3:29 AM).
                  Ęℓαчиıı's Avatar
                  Ęℓαчиıı Ęℓαчиıı is offline
                  Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2010
                  Location: Allahbamee
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 396
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Logiedan View Post
                  The solid black outline isn't that great, I would recommend just using a really dark shade of the yellow you have to go into the B/W style. For example, look at your Thunboar in that mockup screenshot, it uses a lot of dark outline and colours to really capture the B/W style which I'm assuming.

                  I personally don't like the style of the eyes, you could always add some of the white apart from the pupil. Kind of like Wartortle's eyes:
                  Thanks, you guys.

                  I redid the sprite as it was much too big. I took your advice about the eyes, and here is the result.



                  Also, here is another sprite I've done. The fire is supposed to be like it is, by the way. Here is Coalire.

                  __________________
                    #262    
                  Old May 7th, 2013 (8:34 AM).
                  Spherical Ice's Avatar
                  Spherical Ice Spherical Ice is online now
                  • Moderator
                  • Silver Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2007
                  Location: Bristol, UK
                  Age: 19
                  Posts: 5,201
                  You should make the brown part of its face brighter - it's hard to even distinguish the face from afar.
                  __________________

                  A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                  Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                    #263    
                  Old May 7th, 2013 (12:53 PM).
                  Ęℓαчиıı's Avatar
                  Ęℓαчиıı Ęℓαчиıı is offline
                  Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2010
                  Location: Allahbamee
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 396
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
                  You should make the brown part of its face brighter - it's hard to even distinguish the face from afar.
                  Okay, how about this?

                  __________________
                    #264    
                  Old May 8th, 2013 (8:12 AM).
                  LaDestitute's Avatar
                  LaDestitute LaDestitute is offline
                  Razor Sharp
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2013
                    Location: West Coast, USA
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Calm
                    Posts: 84
                    That looks good! Face looks much clearer now.

                    Sprites I whipped up for the obligatory early rodent and bird Pokemon of the region in my rom hack, Chiquail and Chincul.



                      #265    
                    Old May 10th, 2013 (8:40 PM).
                    Logiedan's Avatar
                    Logiedan Logiedan is offline
                    highly-functioning sociopath
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2009
                      Location: yoshi's story
                      Age: 3
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 2,936
                      The designs are great, especially Chiquail. Don't forget Pokemon spriters are facing southwest. And Chincul looks different from his backsprite and frontsprite mainly because the latter has a different body size and ears. The front looks like a koala while the back looks like a chipmunk/chinchilla.

                      I would say to make your face features and details more vivid and legible;this goes to both sprites.
                      __________________


                      pair: Sheep
                        #266    
                      Old May 11th, 2013 (12:28 PM). Edited May 11th, 2013 by ares10.
                      ares10's Avatar
                      ares10 ares10 is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2010
                        Location: everywhere and nowhere
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Brave
                        Posts: 63
                        this is my attempt at making a Metroid O.W.







                        __________________


                        Hacks I support:
                          #267    
                        Old May 11th, 2013 (10:38 PM).
                        Bryancct's Avatar
                        Bryancct Bryancct is offline
                           
                          Join Date: May 2013
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Relaxed
                          Posts: 3
                          @LaDestitute, There's a part on Chincul's back and tail that goes up in a straight line, I suggest rounding it up a bit. Also what Logiedan mentioned about the front sprites facing southwest. Otherwise, they look really great and the design is well done.


                          Also, I did a little Zoroark resprite. Not really sure if I got all my shading & outlining right.
                          Attached Images
                          File Type: png zoroark_sprite_by_bryancct-d64qs9w.png‎ (2.2 KB, 120 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                          __________________
                            #268    
                          Old May 14th, 2013 (6:17 PM). Edited May 14th, 2013 by LaDestitute.
                          LaDestitute's Avatar
                          LaDestitute LaDestitute is offline
                          Razor Sharp
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2013
                            Location: West Coast, USA
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Calm
                            Posts: 84
                            That looks very good. I think the pose is a bit odd, though.


                            More early Pokemon. The region's dog versions of Nidoran (Aromutt, male on left) and the region's electric rodent, Baybolt.

                            Note, while Baybolt is from scratch, both Aromutts are heavy edits made from existing dA sprites (godofthat for male Aromutt sprite, and poke-7 for female Aromutt sprite).
                              #269    
                            Old May 18th, 2013 (5:14 AM).
                            Superjub's Avatar
                            Superjub Superjub is offline
                            Pokémon Aureolin
                            • Crystal Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Sep 2007
                            Location: Hoenn
                            Age: 22
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Timid
                            Posts: 2,286
                            Revamped some more old sprites~ C+C please and what-not. c:

                            Quick summary of the things I changed:
                            * Redid all the sprites- updating the palettes, smoothing them out a bit more etc.
                            * Added gems to all of them to make them more of a trio- before I thought that they didn't look "similar" enough. I have some kind of backstory for the gems too so yeah.
                            * Small changes on most of them- Titaneon has spikes coming out of his face, Terragon has some metal plate and body patterns etc.
                            * Updated the backsprites and brand new menu sprites.



                            Copied from dA because I'm lazy. :o

                            Terragon (terra & dragon)
                            The Horned Dragon Pokemon
                            "Terragon is the fastest Pokemon at burrowing in existence. It's said it helped shape the land."
                            Ability: Pressure/Sand Force (hidden ability)
                            ----
                            Carcagon (carcass & dragon)
                            The Resurrection Pokemon
                            "These Pokemon lurk around graveyards, feasting on the souls of the deceased to become stronger."
                            Ability: Pressure/Levitate (hidden ability)
                            ----
                            Titaneon (titanium & dragon)
                            The Metallic Dragon Pokemon
                            "Titaneon are covered in thick metal armour that is nearly impenetrable. Only the strongest attacks can damage it."
                            Ability: Pressure/Sheer Force (hidden ability)
                            ----
                            These sprites can be used as long as you credit me. c:
                            __________________
                              #270    
                            Old May 18th, 2013 (8:33 PM).
                            Trainer Jun's Avatar
                            Trainer Jun Trainer Jun is offline
                            Team Rocket Veteran Trainer
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2012
                              Location: Lavaridge
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Relaxed
                              Posts: 24
                              It's been a while since I've seen you post, Retribution. Though I haven't been doing much lurking lately... Anyway, I thought it fitting to post something I made around the time I started really doing trainer sprites.


                              http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8546&pictureid=70626

                              It's Trainer Yellow. Bits of fusion, some scratch... I figure I'm just going to re-do her, anyway, so I might as well give people a Yellow to use, with proper crediting, of course.
                              Attached Images
                              File Type: png Yellow.png‎ (1.7 KB, 86 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                              __________________
                              Mapping, scripting, and even pixel art...

                              You are my inspiration.

                              What I support:
                                #271    
                              Old May 18th, 2013 (11:09 PM).
                              Bryancct's Avatar
                              Bryancct Bryancct is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: May 2013
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Relaxed
                                Posts: 3
                                @Retribution

                                Terrragon: Maybe a bit too dithered? Although I do see that your personal style involves a lot of dithering, and third gen sprites (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen) sometimes use dithering, but too much of it can take away from the "pokemon feel". The backsprite is very nice, and dithering is widely used in backsprites so it fits your style very well.

                                Carcagon: Its backsprite looks almost like it is facing right directly. Maybe hide the gem from view, since if it would be looking towards the upper right direction, I don't think we'd see the gem. And maybe reposition the "ears" like Titaneon's.

                                Titaneon (sounds like an eeveelution, lol): This one's my favorite among the three. The pose really works, considering it's very hard to come up with poses for snake-like bodies. Steel/metallic parts are really hard to manage, even I myself can't shade metal properly without using references like Skarmory or the Magnemite-line The face looks over-highlighted, seeing you used a highlight color and added another highlight (white) on top of that highlight color (see attached ok wow terrible example punches self I hope you see what I mean). Also, you might want to reconsider your palette, you can save up to 4-5 colors.

                                Overall, your fakemon concepts are really creative. You can do backsprites very well, but be careful with dithering for front sprites.

                                Again, these are all personal opinions and preferences. Keep on spriting, you're very good at it!
                                Attached Images
                                File Type: png retrib.png‎ (1.6 KB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                __________________
                                  #272    
                                Old May 19th, 2013 (5:06 AM).
                                Superjub's Avatar
                                Superjub Superjub is offline
                                Pokémon Aureolin
                                • Crystal Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Sep 2007
                                Location: Hoenn
                                Age: 22
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Timid
                                Posts: 2,286
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Trainer Jun View Post
                                It's been a while since I've seen you post, Retribution. Though I haven't been doing much lurking lately... Anyway, I thought it fitting to post something I made around the time I started really doing trainer sprites.


                                http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8546&pictureid=70626

                                It's Trainer Yellow. Bits of fusion, some scratch... I figure I'm just going to re-do her, anyway, so I might as well give people a Yellow to use, with proper crediting, of course.
                                Yeah, it's been a while. xD Real-life has kinda taking over atm lol, and if I do upload stuff it's usually to deviantArt. :x I really like the sprite though- you really managed to get in all the details and the anatomy is really good too. :D

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Bryancct View Post
                                @Retribution

                                Terrragon: Maybe a bit too dithered? Although I do see that your personal style involves a lot of dithering, and third gen sprites (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen) sometimes use dithering, but too much of it can take away from the "pokemon feel". The backsprite is very nice, and dithering is widely used in backsprites so it fits your style very well.

                                Carcagon: Its backsprite looks almost like it is facing right directly. Maybe hide the gem from view, since if it would be looking towards the upper right direction, I don't think we'd see the gem. And maybe reposition the "ears" like Titaneon's.

                                Titaneon (sounds like an eeveelution, lol): This one's my favorite among the three. The pose really works, considering it's very hard to come up with poses for snake-like bodies. Steel/metallic parts are really hard to manage, even I myself can't shade metal properly without using references like Skarmory or the Magnemite-line The face looks over-highlighted, seeing you used a highlight color and added another highlight (white) on top of that highlight color (see attached ok wow terrible example punches self I hope you see what I mean). Also, you might want to reconsider your palette, you can save up to 4-5 colors.

                                Overall, your fakemon concepts are really creative. You can do backsprites very well, but be careful with dithering for front sprites.

                                Again, these are all personal opinions and preferences. Keep on spriting, you're very good at it!
                                Woah, in-depth cc. I like it! :D And yesh, Titaneon does sound a bit like an eeveelution but idk what I think to Titanagon- sounds a bit strange so I might come up with a completely different prefix.

                                Terragon: Yeah, the dithering is a bit extreme I figured it worked well with the sprite but I can always tone it down a bit and see how it looks. Thanks for the comment about the backsprites. :D

                                Carcagon: I noticed the backsprite looked like it was almost facing the player when doing it. It does kinda make it look a bit creepier, but I'll try hiding the gems and moving the eye forward anyway. I'll look into the ears too.

                                Titaneon: Thanks :D I think it might have been the first one I sprited so it's gone through a lot over the years lol. Yeah, when shading the more shiny metal parts I did have a bit of trouble- I think I looked at some references like Aggron and I couldn't find any 'sty'e I really wanted. :x If only there was another metal snake-like Pokemon... I'll try experimenting a bit more & I'll see if I can improve it. Yeah, the white highlight is a tad unnecessary when I look back at in in retrospect. Speaking of the palette, I bet there are a lot of extra colours- I remember when recolouring them for the shinies I found this. I might have to index the sprites too to narrow down the palette.

                                Thanks again for the comments. :D I might add some more detail to this post later when I have some more time.
                                __________________
                                  #273    
                                Old May 19th, 2013 (9:31 AM).
                                ppooookkkkkkk ppooookkkkkkk is offline
                                Banned
                                   
                                  Join Date: May 2012
                                  Location: Newbud town (Pokemon Morning/Night)
                                  Age: 16
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Gentle
                                  Posts: 229
                                  Anyone care to look at ths:


                                  Castorm, Feed back and criticism expected.

                                  This was entirely made from scratch.
                                    #274    
                                  Old May 21st, 2013 (8:55 PM).
                                  Trainer Jun's Avatar
                                  Trainer Jun Trainer Jun is offline
                                  Team Rocket Veteran Trainer
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jun 2012
                                    Location: Lavaridge
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Relaxed
                                    Posts: 24
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
                                    Yeah, it's been a while. xD Real-life has kinda taking over atm lol, and if I do upload stuff it's usually to deviantArt. :x I really like the sprite though- you really managed to get in all the details and the anatomy is really good too. :D
                                    This is what happens when I REALLY want a sprite. And, since Yellow is my favorite trainer, I thought I'd do my VERY best. I'm glad you like it! :D I plan to do more in the very near future.
                                    __________________
                                    Mapping, scripting, and even pixel art...

                                    You are my inspiration.

                                    What I support:
                                      #275    
                                    Old May 30th, 2013 (5:52 AM). Edited May 30th, 2013 by LaDestitute.
                                    LaDestitute's Avatar
                                    LaDestitute LaDestitute is offline
                                    Razor Sharp
                                       
                                      Join Date: Apr 2013
                                      Location: West Coast, USA
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Calm
                                      Posts: 84
                                      The castform is just...ugh. Needs work. Work on the outlining, tail, and head.


                                      From left to right: Hoppiler, Rollip, Suckeeto, Tuttby, and Coyoco.
                                      Closed Thread
                                      Quick Reply

                                      Sponsored Links
                                      Thread Tools

                                      Posting Rules
                                      You may not post new threads
                                      You may not post replies
                                      You may not post attachments
                                      You may not edit your posts

                                      BB code is On
                                      Smilies are On
                                      [IMG] code is On
                                      HTML code is Off

                                      Forum Jump


                                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:15 AM.