Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old May 21st, 2013 (8:19 AM).
MarinoKadame's Avatar
MarinoKadame MarinoKadame is offline
     
    Join Date: May 2012
    Age: 29
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 1,549
    We know that Dark is Evil/Villains and Fighting is Heroes in japanese, the name will maybe not keep Fairy in dubbed version.
    __________________



    3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
    XY IGN: Yvonne
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #102    
    Old May 21st, 2013 (8:29 AM).
    Bluerang1's Avatar
    Bluerang1 Bluerang1 is offline
    pin pin
       
      Join Date: May 2009
      Location: Hiougi City
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 2,548
      Like someone mentioned before, why did the Fairy type rumors come after Sylveon's reveal? Why weren't there a new type or even new type Eevee rumors beforehand?
      __________________
      3DS Friend Code: 1204-0601-9485
      Pokémon X
      Post on my wall if you add me so I can add you!
      Reply With Quote
        #103    
      Old May 21st, 2013 (8:33 AM).
      Jake♫'s Avatar
      Jake♫ Jake♫ is offline
      ► My Happy Little Pill 
      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: May 2008
      Location: New York
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Lax
      Posts: 2,950
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
      Like someone mentioned before, why did the Fairy type rumors come after Sylveon's reveal? Why weren't there a new type or even new type Eevee rumors beforehand?
      Well the Light/Fairy/Sound/Whatever rumors have been floating around forever, not just this generation. When Sylveon popped up it didn't really have much of a stereotypical appearance to the types we currently have, so people brought the rumors back up for the new typing. The evidence just got much better with Smash and the type testing.
      __________________
      Reply With Quote
        #104    
      Old May 21st, 2013 (9:09 AM). Edited July 28th, 2013 by RandomDSdevel.
      RandomDSdevel's Avatar
      RandomDSdevel RandomDSdevel is offline
      The EXP-Grinding Trainer
         
        Join Date: Jul 2012
        Location: Kokomo, IN
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 381
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
        And we don't have that with Pidgey/Spearow/Hoothoot/Taillow/Starly/Pidove already? Why not a second Psychic cat?

        Cyclone
        …and we already have an electric cat with Shinx/Luxio/Luxray (is that in the right order?) anyway, so maybe it could be a member of the new type?

        P.S.: I'm getting tired of switching back and forth between this thread and the X/Y General Chat and Speculation Thread, so can't we just merge the two back together and rename the source thread something like the 'X/Y General News Discussion and Rumor Speculation Thread?'

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by hiff8 View Post
        A lead game designer really liked Missingno, and still has him on his copy of the older games. He really wanted him to be in the new game and is intoducing him as a new pokemon as a sort of cameo appearance for him called "Miseingsnow". It's an ice type that looks like a pile of snow that turns into condensation and then to a cloud and then snows downward in its animation, while it's snowing down it has a strong resemblance to the original missingno sprite. when questioned about it he said "Now why would I go through all that trouble just to mess with an audience that is so incredibly fun to mess with " (in Japanese of course)
        So…this guy's giving Cryogonal some new forms for the different states of matter?
        __________________
        _______________________________________________________________________________________________
        Red: Ride 'em, Yoshi! Yeehaw!
        Yoshi: Wango!

        NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
        Reply With Quote
          #105    
        Old May 21st, 2013 (9:40 AM).
        colours's Avatar
        colours colours is offline
        • Moderator
        • Platinum Tier
        • PokéCommunity Daily
         
        Join Date: Apr 2005
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 29,022
        Like Jake has stated, it's every generation that new types are constantly being discussed, so this is really nothing new, of course. u___u It seems that with this generation, with so many people spreading around rumors and more "anonymous" insiders post information, that said information seems to have gained validity somehow, which makes this generation's rumors a bit more interesting than previous.

        However, I'm still not convinced of one without cold, hard, evidence.
        __________________
        infinite colours

        we're living limitless

        Reply With Quote
          #106    
        Old May 21st, 2013 (9:48 AM).
        shubham2207's Avatar
        shubham2207 shubham2207 is offline
        Lone Wolf
           
          Join Date: Dec 2012
          Location: Earth
          Age: 21
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Naughty
          Posts: 243
          I agree with sky here.
          Remember, game freak does exactly wt we nvr expect.
          __________________
          JOB :- PLAY AND FINISH ALL POKEMON HACKS !!
          Reply With Quote
            #107    
          Old May 21st, 2013 (10:54 AM).
          colours's Avatar
          colours colours is offline
          • Moderator
          • Platinum Tier
          • PokéCommunity Daily
           
          Join Date: Apr 2005
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Quiet
          Posts: 29,022
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by shubham2207 View Post
          I agree with sky here.
          Remember, game freak does exactly wt we nvr expect.
          Of course! That's the thing; they can be really unpredictable. Of course, going from the five generations that we've experienced so far, it could quite possibly be said that they follow more of a linear set-up. So in all honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if this generation was the same. Focusing on the gym leaders, elite four, with very little changing (although I hope the main focus changes, but eh, that's just me, I suppose).

          With new types...it could be possible, but as I've said numerous times, it's not necessary unless it's like, to nerf dragon types or something, really. From the type resistances that I've heard about in Fairy, it seems to be immune to Dragon, but that could just be a case of "saying what people want to hear" more than anything else. .-.
          __________________
          infinite colours

          we're living limitless

          Reply With Quote
            #108    
          Old May 21st, 2013 (11:04 AM).
          Jake♫'s Avatar
          Jake♫ Jake♫ is offline
          ► My Happy Little Pill 
          • Platinum Tier
           
          Join Date: May 2008
          Location: New York
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Lax
          Posts: 2,950
          I mean as far as the games layout goes it is rather linear. Beat the Gyms, beat the evil team, beat the Elite Four, a little post-game, viola. That really is never changing, although I'd love some more depth to the post-experience.

          As for what is rumored for Fairy's purpose, I really hope it isn't to nerf Dragons. I really don't find the type itself overpowered, it's the Pokémon they create that are. I'd still rather them find a better way to balance out the power creep they created with more balanced or defensive Pokémon instead of just offensive tanks.
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #109    
          Old May 21st, 2013 (11:11 AM).
          LycaNinja's Avatar
          LycaNinja LycaNinja is offline
          Werewolf Assassin
             
            Join Date: Sep 2010
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Docile
            Posts: 232
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
            While a new type may be likely at this point, it's still not safe to rule out the use of an existing type. Rumors are going to continue to flood about Sylveon and new types and people will continue to speculate about it, but let's keep it cool okay?
            It literally cannot be an old type, unless they reworked the type chart... Or Smash was just messing with everyone...

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
            P.S.: I'm getting tired of switching back and forth between this thread and the X/Y General Chat and Speculation Thread, so can't we just merge the two back together and rename the source thread something like the 'X/Y General News Discussion and Rumor Speculation Thread?'
            They originally split the speculation into two threads and you want them back to one... I still don't know the difference, but whatever...
            __________________


            Reply With Quote
              #110    
            Old May 21st, 2013 (11:11 PM).
            colours's Avatar
            colours colours is offline
            • Moderator
            • Platinum Tier
            • PokéCommunity Daily
             
            Join Date: Apr 2005
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 29,022
            Quote:
            As for what is rumored for Fairy's purpose, I really hope it isn't to nerf Dragons. I really don't find the type itself overpowered, it's the Pokémon they create that are. I'd still rather them find a better way to balance out the power creep they created with more balanced or defensive Pokémon instead of just offensive tanks.
            I agree, really. It seems like the past few generations (from Gen IV onwards) have started bringing about super powerful pokemon...a lot more than was needed, I suppose? It'd be nice to have some more defensive mons this time around in Gen 6, and I'm hoping that this new type (regardless of whether or not it's Fairy) accomplishes this.

            I'm not an extremely huge fan of defensive Pokemon, but keeping balance is what matters to me above all.
            __________________
            infinite colours

            we're living limitless

            Reply With Quote
              #111    
            Old May 21st, 2013 (11:33 PM).
            .Aero .Aero is offline
            Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Jun 2007
            Location: Columbus, Ohio
            Age: 23
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Jolly
            Posts: 1,770
            I think Gamefreak is realizing now that they did mess up with their dragon pokemon, giving them absurdly high stats and the fact that only Steel resists their primary STAB is quite scary. Sure, Dragon is meant to be a strong type, but it's not meant to be centralizing like it is. Perhaps if this Fairy-type ends up being immune to Dragon they can fix some of the mistakes they've already fallen victim too. I certainly hope Fairy is a good defensive typing like Derk said because of the fact that there are not enough defensive pokemon who are good anymore because of the insane power creep throughout the last two generations.
            Reply With Quote
              #112    
            Old May 22nd, 2013 (1:07 AM).
            rageahollic33's Avatar
            rageahollic33 rageahollic33 is offline
            Roserade is the best
               
              Join Date: Aug 2012
              Location: Los Angeles CA
              Age: 27
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Serious
              Posts: 90
              I think there will be a Fairy Type and a Light type.

              I think there will be two Eeveelutions. Sylveon (fairy) and Gloeon (light) *Glow+Eon*
              __________________
              http://www.pokecommunity.com/signaturepics/sigpic339537_1.gif
              Reply With Quote
                #113    
              Old May 22nd, 2013 (3:30 AM).
              Blue's Avatar
              Blue Blue is online now
              we keep our dignity
              • Moderator
              • Platinum Tier
               
              Join Date: Jan 2008
              Location: United Kingdom
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 19,478
              I doubt there's going to be two eeveelutions, I think Sylveon is enough.
              __________________
              Reply With Quote
                #114    
              Old May 22nd, 2013 (5:34 AM).
              colours's Avatar
              colours colours is offline
              • Moderator
              • Platinum Tier
              • PokéCommunity Daily
               
              Join Date: Apr 2005
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Quiet
              Posts: 29,022
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
              I doubt there's going to be two eeveelutions, I think Sylveon is enough.
              This, really. It's already enough of a headache trying to figure out the type/capabilities of one eeveelution. I can imagine the same discussions happening for another one just won't do. .__.;
              __________________
              infinite colours

              we're living limitless

              Reply With Quote
                #115    
              Old May 22nd, 2013 (8:28 AM).
              LycaNinja's Avatar
              LycaNinja LycaNinja is offline
              Werewolf Assassin
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2010
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Docile
                Posts: 232
                Why would we have a Fairy and a Light type? The Sound theory is more likely...
                SONICBOOMEON! I CHOOSE YOU!

                I didn't know where to post this so I'm posting it everywhere...
                Spoiler:


                "Someone on /vp/ pointed this out. Kalos may be directly north of Unova in the Pokemon world. This could all be a coincidence, but note how the rivers in north Unova and south Kalos more or less match up. And the mountainous area near the Pokemon League in Unova matches up to the mountainous southern Kalos. Since Gen 5 was a reboot, could Gen 6 allow us to visit Unova? Again this could all be a coincidence, especially due to route numbers having been reset, but it's at the very least interesting speculation."
                __________________


                Reply With Quote
                  #116    
                Old May 22nd, 2013 (3:23 PM).
                Jake♫'s Avatar
                Jake♫ Jake♫ is offline
                ► My Happy Little Pill 
                • Platinum Tier
                 
                Join Date: May 2008
                Location: New York
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Lax
                Posts: 2,950
                I'm assuming people are honestly just using Light and Fairy interchangeably at this point. I'm not expecting there to be both of them present if we do get a new type, as they'd just be really redundant.
                __________________
                Reply With Quote
                  #117    
                Old May 22nd, 2013 (3:26 PM).
                colours's Avatar
                colours colours is offline
                • Moderator
                • Platinum Tier
                • PokéCommunity Daily
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2005
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 29,022
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
                I'm assuming people are honestly just using Light and Fairy interchangeably at this point. I'm not expecting there to be both of them present if we do get a new type, as they'd just be really redundant.
                Exactly. It's just getting to the point where it's just getting really repetitive, and making me hope even more that there's no new type or anything like that. u_u
                __________________
                infinite colours

                we're living limitless

                Reply With Quote
                  #118    
                Old May 22nd, 2013 (5:34 PM).
                colours's Avatar
                colours colours is offline
                • Moderator
                • Platinum Tier
                • PokéCommunity Daily
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2005
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 29,022
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
                Fire

                [...]

                By your logic you hate Fire-types now...
                I don't know what any of that had to do with my post. All I'm saying is that, personally, I prefer if there's no new types. But if there are, I'm really not going to complain about it. /shrugs. Everyone's going to have their different perspectives about it, after all.
                __________________
                infinite colours

                we're living limitless

                Reply With Quote
                  #119    
                Old May 22nd, 2013 (6:12 PM).
                LycaNinja's Avatar
                LycaNinja LycaNinja is offline
                Werewolf Assassin
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2010
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Docile
                  Posts: 232
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
                  I don't know what any of that had to do with my post. All I'm saying is that, personally, I prefer if there's no new types. But if there are, I'm really not going to complain about it. /shrugs. Everyone's going to have their different perspectives about it, after all.
                  My point was that you said you heard fairy/light so much that you hate it even more... So hearing the word fire over and over again would mean you hate fire... Meaning your logic wasn't logical... You will grow to love the new type(s) like everyone eventually...
                  __________________


                  Reply With Quote
                    #120    
                  Old May 22nd, 2013 (6:17 PM).
                  colours's Avatar
                  colours colours is offline
                  • Moderator
                  • Platinum Tier
                  • PokéCommunity Daily
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2005
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 29,022
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
                  My point was that you said you heard fairy/light so much that you hate it even more... So hearing the word fire over and over again would mean you hate fire... Meaning your logic wasn't logical... You will grow to love the new type(s) like everyone eventually...
                  ....Um, no lol. Please don't twist what I'm saying, and you're bringing up something completely irrelevant anyway.

                  Discussion about new types (as has been said by Jake and myself, again), has not been anything new in regards to whatever new generation was present at the time. It happened in Gen 4, it happened with Gen 5, and it's happening again in Gen 6. Except this time, it's going around more rampant than ever before with more persistent people spreading more realistic-sounding rumors without any basis or factual proof whatsoever other than probably being right out of legitimately pure coincidence. It's annoying because it's the same thing over and over and over again, it's annoying because it's rumors spread without hard evidence.

                  Spamming me with a type that already exists isn't proving your point, like at all. Neither is it logical, so you might want to check your logic there, buddy.
                  __________________
                  infinite colours

                  we're living limitless

                  Reply With Quote
                    #121    
                  Old May 22nd, 2013 (6:35 PM).
                  shubham2207's Avatar
                  shubham2207 shubham2207 is offline
                  Lone Wolf
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2012
                    Location: Earth
                    Age: 21
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Naughty
                    Posts: 243
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
                    My point was that you said you heard fairy/light so much that you hate it even more... So hearing the word fire over and over again would mean you hate fire... Meaning your logic wasn't logical... You will grow to love the new type(s) like everyone eventually...
                    dude, u r sounding kiddish.. Control dude control..

                    And wt sky told is correct. Introductn to new types had been speculated since gen 4. But this time around ppl say this info about a new type is almost true due to some inside informatn leakers..
                    Who knws, those leakers might be fake leakers who are just trying to make their own fan made theory, or maybe game freak might remove this new type due to this leakage so as not to become predictable..
                    Reply With Quote
                      #122    
                    Old May 22nd, 2013 (6:54 PM).
                    OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
                    OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                    10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2010
                      Location: Oregon
                      Age: 22
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Careful
                      Posts: 17,314
                      I doubt GF would remove an entire new type with actual moves made for it and mons that have it in order to ruin the leak...that'll take a lot of programing adjustments I think.
                      __________________
                      # TeamRowlet
                      I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
                      https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
                      https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
                      Reply With Quote
                        #123    
                      Old May 22nd, 2013 (7:03 PM).
                      LycaNinja's Avatar
                      LycaNinja LycaNinja is offline
                      Werewolf Assassin
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2010
                        Age: 24
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Docile
                        Posts: 232
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
                        ....Um, no lol. Please don't twist what I'm saying, and you're bringing up something completely irrelevant anyway.

                        Discussion about new types (as has been said by Jake and myself, again), has not been anything new in regards to whatever new generation was present at the time. It happened in Gen 4, it happened with Gen 5, and it's happening again in Gen 6. Except this time, it's going around more rampant than ever before with more persistent people spreading more realistic-sounding rumors without any basis or factual proof whatsoever other than probably being right out of legitimately pure coincidence. It's annoying because it's the same thing over and over and over again, it's annoying because it's rumors spread without hard evidence.

                        Spamming me with a type that already exists isn't proving your point, like at all. Neither is it logical, so you might want to check your logic there, buddy.
                        It sounded to me like you hated it because you don't like its name being repeating over and over... So how is that twisted?

                        The old rumors on it had no backing at all... This one does, and makes sense for them to add in something fans have been wanting... You know you will like new types when they come out... Everyone is just afraid of learning new stuff... Which is what makes a game series fun again btw...

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by shubham2207 View Post
                        dude, u r sounding kiddish.. Control dude control..

                        And wt sky told is correct. Introductn to new types had been speculated since gen 4. But this time around ppl say this info about a new type is almost true due to some inside informatn leakers..
                        Who knws, those leakers might be fake leakers who are just trying to make their own fan made theory, or maybe game freak might remove this new type due to this leakage so as not to become predictable..
                        Don't call someone kiddish when you type "u" and "r" and misspell so many words all the time... That sounds much more childish imo...

                        New type or type chart redo is confirmed by Pokemon Smash!... Not by a leaker... They cannot remove a new type that's hardcoded into the game at this stage in development...
                        __________________


                        Reply With Quote
                          #124    
                        Old May 22nd, 2013 (7:14 PM).
                        OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
                        OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                        10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2010
                          Location: Oregon
                          Age: 22
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Careful
                          Posts: 17,314
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
                          ....Um, no lol. Please don't twist what I'm saying, and you're bringing up something completely irrelevant anyway.

                          Discussion about new types (as has been said by Jake and myself, again), has not been anything new in regards to whatever new generation was present at the time. It happened in Gen 4, it happened with Gen 5, and it's happening again in Gen 6. Except this time, it's going around more rampant than ever before with more persistent people spreading more realistic-sounding rumors without any basis or factual proof whatsoever other than probably being right out of legitimately pure coincidence. It's annoying because it's the same thing over and over and over again, it's annoying because it's rumors spread without hard evidence.

                          Spamming me with a type that already exists isn't proving your point, like at all. Neither is it logical, so you might want to check your logic there, buddy.
                          And it probably happened back in Generation 3 too...
                          While not enough conclusive evidence has appeared the performance in smash of the cast trying to guess Sylveon's type, and the fact that they're keeping it's type a secret for so long seem to be enough for people to expect something like a new type is on our way, if not a change to the type chart...
                          __________________
                          # TeamRowlet
                          I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
                          https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
                          https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
                          Reply With Quote
                            #125    
                          Old May 22nd, 2013 (7:37 PM). Edited May 22nd, 2013 by shubham2207.
                          shubham2207's Avatar
                          shubham2207 shubham2207 is offline
                          Lone Wolf
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2012
                            Location: Earth
                            Age: 21
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Naughty
                            Posts: 243
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
                            Don't call someone kiddish when you type "u" and "r" and misspell so many words all the time... That sounds much more childish imo...

                            New type or type chart redo is confirmed by Pokemon Smash!... Not by a leaker... They cannot remove a new type that's hardcoded into the game at this stage in development...
                            Bro, its not that using "u" and "r" is childish, its that i m addicted to facebook and other social websites..
                            I dun think nobody has prblm wid my language, i make it short and most importantly clear to all.
                            About the new type, has it been confirmed? Has the new type chart shows the fairy type?
                            Reply With Quote
                            Reply
                            Quick Reply

                            Sponsored Links
                            Thread Tools

                            Posting Rules
                            You may not post new threads
                            You may not post replies
                            You may not post attachments
                            You may not edit your posts

                            BB code is On
                            Smilies are On
                            [IMG] code is On
                            HTML code is Off

                            Forum Jump


                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:09 AM.