The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Previous Generations
6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Closed Thread

Old May 22nd, 2013 (9:43 AM).
  • GT
  • EO

Nature: Mild
I don't think that we'll be visiting other regions in X and Y and quite frankly if we were I doubt they'd use Unova which we already have just had four games for. On that not though if this did happen it could also be to the west (Anvil town in the west of Unova and railway in the East of Kalos). I still think it is just a coincidence though.

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 22nd, 2013 (9:47 AM).
Vampire Waifu

Nature: Quirky
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
    Umm... This is Pokemon... Not the real world... You revisit Kanto in Gold/Silver... Maybe with this generation they are going by their G/S/C changes, which would give more credit to the possible new type(s).
    But the regions Kanto and Johto were also connected irl, and both were from Japane, so connecting Unova and Kalos would make little sense since they're based on two different continents.
    Old May 22nd, 2013 (10:59 AM).
    clout

Nature: Relaxed
    They would have to re-develop the Unova Region again but in 3D, Kanto and Johto are borderline to each other as stated above and I think there's just so many reasons against it being a possibility. Not to mention that the Routes have been reset starting at Route 1 again, so that wouldn't fit either.
    Old May 22nd, 2013 (11:54 AM).
    The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
      I still don't get why they start over the Route numbers again. (No really, tell me). Just continue from Unova's last route number (so Route 24-....) or just begin with 301-....

OOh, and Unova is adjacent to Kalos is unlikely, it would be a cool thing to see, though.
      Old May 22nd, 2013 (12:28 PM).
      cheeky

Nature: Impish
      Hopefully Kalos will be so large that we'll have no need for another region. :P
      Old May 22nd, 2013 (1:19 PM).
      clout

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Pokestick, good times. View Post
      Hopefully Kalos will be so large that we'll have no need for another region. :P
      I agree. By the looks of things it looks like Kalos is a pretty spacious Region with many places to explore.
      Old May 22nd, 2013 (2:13 PM).
      ► My Happy Little Pill 

Nature: Lax
      From the looks of the screenshots it already appears that the Route numbers are starting over again. If that were to happen, confusing the Routes of Unova and Kalos would be pretty easy. Plus, I doubt that they want to redevelop a region that they've already made four games for AGAIN just to revisit it. The graphics were barely changed between RBY and GSC (outside of color), so it was pretty easy to just redo the maps. Now that we have an entirely different game engine it'd take much more effort. We've already been there twice, do we need it a third time?
      Old May 22nd, 2013 (2:54 PM).
      Eye of the Storm

I'm going to go on record as saying Unova and Kalos are NOT connected. There are just too many reasons why they wouldn't be.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
        Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler. :P

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Old May 22nd, 2013 (4:42 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by CycloneGU
          I'm going to go on record as saying Unova and Kalos are NOT connected. There are just too many reasons why they wouldn't be.

Cyclone
          I for one want to use that handy dandy train that runs through the mountain. Whether or not it leads to a new region or just a new area to this one.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
          Old May 22nd, 2013 (5:40 PM).
          ► My Happy Little Pill 

Nature: Lax
          Just from the looks of the map it really does look like we have a much larger region that usual. Hopefully we'll have enough content in one region to not justify having to travel to another one. It'd honestly just be much preferred in my eyes.
          Old May 22nd, 2013 (6:09 PM).
          Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
            BTW I wasn't claiming it was... I was just bringing up general speculations from other sources... I thought it was a cool coincidence...

Old May 22nd, 2013 (6:10 PM).
            Eye of the Storm

Something of note, however; there is a lot of land area in Unova we don't actually get to explore. There will be areas here that are equally inaccessible. It'll somehow make things somewhat linear again.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Old May 22nd, 2013 (7:26 PM).
              OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
              10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Careful
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
                Something of note, however; there is a lot of land area in Unova we don't actually get to explore. There will be areas here that are equally inaccessible. It'll somehow make things somewhat linear again.

Cyclone
                Hoenn also had quite an inaccessible area, however it wasn't as liner as Unova, hopefully it's routes will be more like Hoenn's than Unova's in terms of linearity.
                Old May 23rd, 2013 (3:30 AM).
                clout

Allegedly some "new screenshots" have come to light, only five but I think they're just higher quality images of what we've already seen. There could be one or two new ones but nothing too interesting.

Spoiler:

As I've previously stated, it looks like you can find plenty of Pokemon (At least 77) in Central Kalos.
                Old May 23rd, 2013 (5:42 AM).
                Eye of the Storm

First pic.: Doesn't Gamefreak know it's rude to point?

Second pic.: One region only has six Pokémon? That can't be right...

Third pic.: "Ah, what a lovely gard-"...*ZAP*

...and you're missing two of your "five". :)

Cyclone

Old May 23rd, 2013 (5:56 AM).
                  clout

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
                  First pic.: Doesn't Gamefreak know it's rude to point?

Second pic.: One region only has six Pokémon? That can't be right...

Third pic.: "Ah, what a lovely gard-"...*ZAP*

...and you're missing two of your "five". :)

Cyclone
                  The other two were the images we've already seen except in Japanese. I doubt that will be the complete amount of Pokemon found in each area, six is probably just a few of many you can find in that area.
                  Old May 23rd, 2013 (6:32 AM).
                  TheCoolestTentacool

Nature: Docile
                    A region doesn't have to be connected for you to visit them the U.s. has constant flights to and from France they could make accessible by flight or that odd train station that seems to lead nowhere might lead to Anville town in Unova.
                    "Those cars no longer run in the Battle Subway, but I hear they're still used in a faraway region."
                    This is a description of the oldest train from Anville a possible connection to Kalos is a possibility. Also Gen 1 had just as many games as Gen 5 and they still connected it to Johto it might be the same situation for this generation
                    Old May 23rd, 2013 (6:48 AM).

I doubt they'll connect them after seeing the map, this region seems to be another sinnoh in terms of size, which is good as I felt Sinnoh had a lot in it...interestingly Sinnoh had a couple of french elements in it.
                      Old May 23rd, 2013 (9:01 AM). Edited May 23rd, 2013 by Sabrewulf238.

Nature: Jolly
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
                        It's true enough that regions don't have to be physically connected in order for you to visit them...one problem though: you're missing the why. Meaning, why is it that we're going to another region?
                        Why does somebody in America travel to France in real life?

So you're saying that people in the pokemon world are content to stay in their own country and not broaden their horizons? (heck they have enough money to travel the world, by the end game my characters have more money than I know what to do with)

Plus they've already beaten the elite four and they're still young. You would think they would travel the world.
                        Old May 23rd, 2013 (9:26 AM).
                        Eye of the Storm

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by aonshinzo View Post
                          A region doesn't have to be connected for you to visit them the U.s. has constant flights to and from France they could make accessible by flight or that odd train station that seems to lead nowhere might lead to Anville town in Unova.
                          "Those cars no longer run in the Battle Subway, but I hear they're still used in a faraway region."
                          This is a description of the oldest train from Anville a possible connection to Kalos is a possibility. Also Gen 1 had just as many games as Gen 5 and they still connected it to Johto it might be the same situation for this generation
                          Actually, this makes logical sense. Where exactly is Anville Town? Top-left corner of Unova. Where is the new train type area? Right side of Kalos. There could be a connection. And once you reach Anville Town, the main train into Nimbasa City is closed down. The path could open after the E4 and a certain post-game event, but I highly doubt it.

And who says 2 and 3 are not demo numbers? They could be trolling us again.

But I still think Katos will not connect to a past region. It's definitely an interesting tidbit, however, and something that could be explored in a possible "Z".

Cyclone

Old May 23rd, 2013 (9:32 AM).

It'll be unique of Z if it were to have a region the first two didn't...definately would be worthy of a third version imo.

Now I still don't think they're connected but an airplane may be possible. Now if only they label the routes with an initial like Route 1 U and Route 1 K...wait is that last one Kalos or Kanto :p.
                            Old May 23rd, 2013 (9:45 AM).
                            Eye of the Storm

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
                              It'll be unique of Z if it were to have a region the first two didn't...definately would be worthy of a third version imo.

Now I still don't think they're connected but an airplane may be possible. Now if only they label the routes with an initial like Route 1 U and Route 1 K...wait is that last one Kalos or Kanto :p.
                              Are we talking about Kanto in here? :P

They'd have to do that with Unova. However, they wouldn't have to in Kalos; that's the main area, remember.

I just had an inspiration.

Quote:
                              Those cars no longer run in the Battle Subway, but I hear they're still used in a faraway region.
                              What if this generation took place before Unova?

Cyclone

Old May 23rd, 2013 (9:57 AM).

I always thought those cars they're refering to may be the trams from Sinnoh, the used in the Marsh...

Kalos would be more technologically advanced then considering what we've seen. At best I think it may take place between BW and B2W2...it could be like an interquel to those games.
                                Old May 23rd, 2013 (10:29 AM).
                                Pokestick, good times. Pokestick, good times. is offline
                                cheeky

Nature: Impish
                                *regarding the pokédex screenshot on previous page*

I hadn't actually thought about the region split. When I do, it's pretty cool to have what is basically three regions in one.

What's the point of travelling to another region when you can have THREE different, whole-new regions in one game, with what I assume must be separate environments and Pokémon.
                                And some more cases like Shellos and Gastrodon perhaps!
                                Old May 23rd, 2013 (11:02 AM).
                                clout

I'm interested to see the different species of Pokemon that we can find in the different enviroments, I can assume Coastal will be heavily water based but I'm sure we'll get a diverse mix of old and new Pokemon throughout these areas which will be nice.

Quick Reply