• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen A New Land, the Kalos Region

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Maybe it's just me but I'm kind of expecting Xerneas and Yveltal to be found in the same location. It's pretty much guaranteed (although yes they can go against this) that they're going to be version exclusives, so if they're found in different places then that leaves one location almost useless. Of course, they could take the road of GSC and have both cover legends available, so who knows.
I hope they do both, but I think they only did it then because there was a second half of the game, and the second legendary would be challenged after that when your Pokémon are at absurdly high levels. Of course, I just trekked up the Ecruteak tower and chucked a Master Ball at Ho-oh. Mission accomplished.

As for why they could put them in two locations: one location hosts evil team story plot after all badges obtained; other location hosts legendary after evil team encounter. The locations of the events swap, but the legendary is consistent with the area. It would be nice if the second legendary is available post-E4 so trading isn't needed, but they won't do that.

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Hopefully they'll allow all box legends in the game like in the GSCEHgSs.
The Yvetal circle looks like it could be the Pokegrave yard so probably something else.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Hopefully they'll allow all box legends in the game like in the GSCEHgSs.
The Yvetal circle looks like it could be the Pokegrave yard so probably something else.

Someone said they thought Xerneas was a Light/Ground and Yveltal was a Dark/Flying and pointed out the ruin as Yveltal was like Death and Xerneas was like life...

Years
I think xerneas will be part Grass and new type. Anyways the Death and Life theme is just speculation. Maybe an item will be in the grave for Yvetal but I think that Yvetal may also be in the mountain as mountains can represent both death/danger and height.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I think xerneas will be part Grass and new type. Anyways the Death and Life theme is just speculation. Maybe an item will be in the grave for Yvetal but I think that Yvetal may also be in the mountain as mountains can represent both death/danger and height.

Like I said... It's speculation for speculation...

Maybe an item will be in the locations I circled for the legendaries' locations, but they show up in the mountain.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
People keep pointing out that crystal thing as a mysterious location, but am I the only one who thinks it's just a gym building or something? It looks like it has a Pokeball symbol on it, in yellow.

Guy

just a guy
Years
People keep pointing out that crystal thing as a mysterious location, but am I the only one who thinks it's just a gym building or something? It looks like it has a Pokeball symbol on it, in yellow.
That's what I was thinking. The pink crystalline looks more like a gym with a yellow Pokéball etching on it than anything else in my opinion.

As for the locations of Yveltal and Xerneas, I was thinking, what if they created two version exclusive areas similar to the Black City and White Forest? One could be a highly elevated location for Yveltal and the other a mystical forest where Xerneas is hidden.

I know I've been one to admit that I wasn't very fond of the exclusive areas in B/W/B2/W2, but in terms of the legendary mascot's locations, I could see this working out well enough.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Just a little speculation here, but looking at the map, it looks like Unova and Kalos could be connected like Kanto and Johto are. Any one else agree?

Since there is a lot of talk about how GEN V is basically an analogue to GEN I, then it would stand to reason that they'd pull a Kanto/Johto and indeed make the two regions connected, since this GEN VI would supposedly be an analogue to GEN II. But it doesn't make sense to allow players to return to Unova after 4 previous games centered around the region, now does it?

You know those map similiarities weren't accidental. Gamefreak loves playing these head games! Urgh! They better not have us go back to Unova so soon. It is so unlikely that we'd return there in X/Y anyway, since Kalos is so big. But there is always the possibility that its sequel (Z? haha) could allow you to return to Unova.....bleh. People are saying that it's not possible since Unova is supposed to be based on NYC, but people also forget that this is the Pokemon World, not our world. GF can do whatever it wants. Especially since the games have already indicated that there is an America and South America. There were no mentions that Unova was in either of those places in game.....so who knows.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Riddle me suspicious, but it's no accident that the train station is over there. Either that or they're trolling us (very successfully, I might add) once again.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Well the 5th gen games are the closest to the 6th gen games graphically/aesthetically.

So if they were going to convert a region to the new style for Pokemon XY, the most straight forward one would probably be Unova.

I'm not convinced game freak would be too concerned about having played the last four games in Unova as a reason not to go back there....

Years
Well this region looks much bigger than Johto, and doesn't seem like it'll need another region to give us a full Pokémon main game experience. It'll be nice to visit Unova but I don't think the two will be physically connected to one another.

blue

gucci
Years
Obviously an extra region would be a bonus but as MRAS said, this region looks large enough to explore without the need to add a second region.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I think the routes being reset again is a big sign this region is set far away from the other regions. If anything, that railroad leads to a place hidden under the clouds or just another city or town on the map. Like MRAS, KALOS looks like a rather large region, with enough mass to stand on its own.

I'm thinking this could work? But what if....what if they were in their own caves, kind of like R/S/E, y'know? Going by the assumption that an R/S/E remake won't be existing anytime soon (if at all), they could at least revive some of the elements there and make the legendary mascots for this generation appear in a similar form that Kyogre and Groudon did, at least?

...On second thought, though, this does seem rather hard to imagine. .-.
Neither of them seem like Pokémon you'd find in a cave. They feel more like Ho-oh and Lugia where they can be found in two separate and distinct locations on the map.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Obviously an extra region would be a bonus but as MRAS said, this region looks large enough to explore without the need to add a second region.

I agree, Kalos seems big enough to offer plenty of adventures without the need of another region.
And the routes being reset seems to support this

Neither of them seem like Pokémon you'd find in a cave. They feel more like Ho-oh and Lugia where they can be found in two separate and distinct locations on the map.

Imo, Xerneas should/could be found in a forest and Yveltal on top of a Mountain

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I'm really happy with just the fact that it's not linear - that was maybe the biggest flaw of Unova in my opinion so I'm realllyy happy that's not the case here!

Also someone posted in another thread that it looks like it could be connected to Unova which would be cool, but I think Kalos is pretty big on its own! I mean, doesn't it have 3 split Pokedexes? (though maybe that's just because they've included a lot of Pokemon and have nothing to do with the actual region size)

..I'm just happy its green and not linear and looks big enough :)

Years
Maybe the dex being split into three means that each section of the region has as much diversity in Pokémon as the entire region has in terms of biomes, a lot.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years

I agree with this. I mean, I still think it's possible that the purple crystalline place is somewhat significant (and I guess it could be a Gym too as stated, but eh. You can't really make out any other buildings that distinctly on the map, so seems unlikely to me. Or it's just that big and cool =P), but they definitely do look like they'd be found in two different places. Xerneas definitely doesn't look like a cave-dwelling Pokémon, and Yveltal I feel like needs easy access to the skies.

MJT1990

Unhatched Suicune Egg
Years
Im amazed nobody thought about this yet but I mean, what if instead of trains, since the land is filled with rivers and waterways.... What if there is a new travel mechanic that lets you get on a gondola/ferry/miniboat/or just your pokemon that knows surf. And ride around the region like that. If I knew how to post pictures on here then I would show you how I mapped it all out but whatevs.

Here it is. I know my mousewriting and stuff sux but....... Deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Years
I thought of that also (and believe I mentioned in other chat), due to all the rivers, and this being based on france it'll make sense...maybe we'll go on a ride in a ferry with the antagonist xD.

Back