The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Previous Generations
6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Closed Thread

Old May 24th, 2013 (6:16 AM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Careful
    We should proably get used to change if we hope for GF to really change the series. Personally I'm of the opinion that they change the games a little (but not just graphically of course) at a time.

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 24th, 2013 (6:50 AM).
    The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
      Bring on the change! In this day and age, if franchises and businesses don't change at least a little bit, then they get thrown to the wayside. I think that these graphical changes were to be expected, and I fully embrace them! I remember being a kid and talking to my friends about Nintendo making a 3D Pokemon game for a future handheld console...and now the future is here! Now if they could balance out some of these game mechanics.....
      Old May 24th, 2013 (7:01 AM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
      I sure hope so. Mystery Dungeon got a demo, so having a demo to the completion of the first Gym would be nice. Then purchasers can pick up their game from there once it comes out officially. Kind of like a head start.
      I would prefer if it showed a bit less off and it was more similar to the Spaceworld demo of Gold. We download the demo with a pokemon already given to us (Lv 7 Pikachu or something?) and get a limited time to explore the first town and route.

Regardless I think we'd be lucky to receive any sort of demo, it's not a traditional strategy for Pokemon and demos usually tend to hinder most games.
      Old May 24th, 2013 (8:48 AM).
      just a guy

All this talk about change, I say bring it on. The graphics have changed immensely even from what we had in B/W/B2/W2, and I'm loving every bit of it. In order to grow, GameFreak has to improve, change, and adapt to the fit modern gaming technology. At its core, it's still going to be the same as every other game in the main series. You begin with a starting Pokémon, catch new ones, collect eight badges, stop the evil villains, and become the new champion. So I'm fine with more improvements to the overall game-play experience.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by GreatTornado View Post
      What about Australia (Melbourne) time?
      11am in Melbourne.
      Old May 24th, 2013 (9:44 AM).
      As It Is

Nature: Calm
        I was just thinking last night that they ought to remove the Pokemon cry and replace it with how they actually speak in the anime. And as for the legendaries, the ones that had the ability to talk can actual interact with the character. I just thought it would be a cool idea.
        Old May 24th, 2013 (10:09 AM).
        Que sera sera~

Nature: Naive
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Akatsuki Ten View Post
          I was just thinking last night that they ought to remove the Pokemon cry and replace it with how they actually speak in the anime. And as for the legendaries, the ones that had the ability to talk can actual interact with the character. I just thought it would be a cool idea.
          Eh. I'd be rather hesitant to support this idea.

I do agree with changing the cries, however. They've always sounded a little mechanical to me. Instead of replacing them with the anime cries, which I suppose technically shouldn't be counted as canon, I would suggest updated, more realistic versions of their original cries.
          Old May 24th, 2013 (10:13 AM).
          The EXP-Grinding Trainer

Nature: Quirky
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Pokestick, good times. View Post
            Indeed. I'd say at this point that the more twists to the usual formula, the better.
            I agree with you, Pokéstick, and that is why I think that GameFreak might eventually introduce dual-type moves or something like that. After all, the folks at GameFreak have probably had plenty of time to work out the mechanic's formula if they were originally going to implement it alongside Scald but couldn't figure out how exactly they could do it at that time. However, you guys are most likely right when you say that we shouldn't worry our heads over how this will be done, so I'd like to formally end this discussion by saying that I'm happy to sit back and wait to see what happens on this one.

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
            Old May 24th, 2013 (11:41 AM).
            ► My Happy Little Pill 

Nature: Lax
            I say I'm open to change, but changing for the sake of changing is a little silly. Especially with things like dual-typed moves, there really is no point of having them in my opinion. If the change is to better the game then go for it. If it's just because "we're sick of the formula, let's change this for no reason!" then I'm not on board for it.
            Old May 24th, 2013 (11:46 AM).
            cheeky

Nature: Impish
            From the looks of it they're keeping the little in-box and party Pokémon icons. I'd honestly have thought they would've updated them by now. :P
            Old May 24th, 2013 (12:23 PM).
            clout

Aren't we supposed to be getting some updated X and Y news from Smash tomorrow?
            Old May 24th, 2013 (12:57 PM).

Oh yeah, forgot about that,I'm thinking that they'll probably have a little more elaboration on the customization, maybe a few outfits?
              Old May 24th, 2013 (1:02 PM).
              clout

Well I don't expect anything too ground breaking, that's usually down to CoroCoro or a Direct Livestream. It could just be a little further details on the New Pokemon.
              Old May 24th, 2013 (1:05 PM).
              ► My Happy Little Pill 

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
              Well I don't expect anything too ground breaking, that's usually down to CoroCoro or a Direct Livestream. It could just be a little further details on the New Pokemon.
              If anything major were to be revealed, the only thing I could really see happening would be them revealing Sylveon's type. If the skit they were performing is true, they obviously know its typing. Maybe they'd do a follow-up for it and finally show us its typing?
              Old May 24th, 2013 (1:07 PM).
              OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline

GF will proably want that info release during the next month or two to keep the hype (it's mostly gone though) up for the release of the movie and short...
                Maybe Smash can tell us the name of Mewtwo's new forme? I don't beleive we know what's it's called. Nor do we know it's type officially...
                Old May 24th, 2013 (1:18 PM).
                clout

Well there's more news to follow in next months CoroCoro so maybe that's a good time to finally reveal Sylveons typing? Although, it does seem like Smash are focusing their episodes around Sylveon lately so idk.
                Old May 24th, 2013 (1:28 PM).

Perhaps Smash will reveal it first followed by Corocoro? Sort of like with the Mewtwo forme (minus the leak).
                  Old May 24th, 2013 (1:35 PM).
                  ► My Happy Little Pill 

I could see that happening. Have them reveal the typing, then have CoroCoro come in in a couple of weeks to give us a more detailed reveal of Sylveon?
                  Old May 24th, 2013 (1:38 PM).

Yeah, perhaps give us a actual type chart after the reveal of Sylveon's type? And maybe show off any Pokemon that will have the new type if any old one's do, and if any of the mascots have said type.
                    Old May 24th, 2013 (1:51 PM). Edited May 24th, 2013 by CmdrEggnog.

Whenever and however they reveal it, I would pay attention to the fact that Pokémon Smash said this past Saturday (or at least this is when SerebiiNet reported it) that they would do X and Y news (whether or not it is new news) weekly. In this case, we could expect something tomorrow about this, right?

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Whenever and however they reveal it, I would pay attention to the fact that Pokémon Smash said this past Saturday (or at least this is when SerebiiNet reported it) that they would do X and Y news (whether or not it is new news) weekly. In this case, we could expect something tomorrow about this, right?

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
                      Old May 24th, 2013 (2:04 PM).
                      cheeky

Nature: Impish
                      I'm guessing there won't be any ground-breaking stuff revealed on Pokémon Smash in the near future.
                      Sylveon's new type they want to hype up more, of course. So it's likely that we'll just be seeing some random little details or in-game areas each week. Perhaps nothing huge, but I bet it'll be fun to watch anyway.
                      Old May 24th, 2013 (3:17 PM).
                      Eye of the Storm

I'll keep an ear out for the news weekly, but they'll possibly just rehash old news or release a new video or screenshot each week. Just because they promise news weekly doesn't mean it'll be major.

In the final couple of weeks prior to release, they'll push the games hard, I'm sure, and they will likely use video from the actual game as it's by that point a final product being shipped to stores to hide in the storeroom until release. I also learned, with New Super Mario Bros. 2, that there is a way for Nintendo to tell if people are playing the games earlier than intended release, which really inconvenienced me when the release date was a Sunday (for that game) and I was in town on the Saturday. Joy.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
                        Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler. :P

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Old May 24th, 2013 (3:22 PM).

If there's any major changes yet to be announced, I'm sure the E3 presentation will include it instead of Smash.

Smash will probably let a few small details out, but as previously said I think it will mostly just be old news.
                        Old May 24th, 2013 (4:33 PM).

Nature: Timid
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Grif of Hearts View Post
                        Eh. I'd be rather hesitant to support this idea.

I do agree with changing the cries, however. They've always sounded a little mechanical to me. Instead of replacing them with the anime cries, which I suppose technically shouldn't be counted as canon, I would suggest updated, more realistic versions of their original cries.
                        I said the same thing at some point back when X/Y were announced! (Not at all saying "dood u stol mi idea", just expressing the SHEER EXTENT to which I agree, haha :P)

Pokémon Stadium/2 did this; the Pokémon cries weren't made with 8-bit sounds, rather with more realistic animal sound effects, that still very much resemble the original cries. While it worked better for some Pokémon than for others, it would definitely be a feature that would work well with the new 3D Pokémon graphics, to help keep the battles feel a little more authentic. I can't remember if they've shown any of the older Pokémon's cries in the various XY videos though, so you never know!

I'm working on an album of Pokémon-inspired music. Check out the Soundcloud link if you're interested!

This is my Soundcloud | | This is my bandcamp
                        Old May 24th, 2013 (6:38 PM).

Updated cries would be wonderful, some of the Kanto mon could use them, the others less so, so if they only change a few I'll like to see them being from the original generation.
                          Old May 24th, 2013 (6:48 PM).
                          ► My Happy Little Pill 

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
                          Updated cries would be wonderful, some of the Kanto mon could use them, the others less so, so if they only change a few I'll like to see them being from the original generation.
                          I agree completely. It'd be cool to see the cries updated to the current instrument set, instead of relying on the old 8-bit set that they still currently use. Of course keep all of the same pitches and everything, but with updated sounds they would all sound so much higher quality and would match the games better. It's definitely something I've been hoping for for awhile.

Quick Reply