ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #25176    
Old May 24th, 2013 (9:16 PM).
BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
     
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Age: 19
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 534
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
    If I apply JPAN's hack to my ROM will it remove overworld scripts? Because I have used A-text to save space in my ROM.
    Well, based on facts, it actually depends on where your "Overworld Script" is stored and where that event is stored. But here's a much simpler rational explanation:

    99% - It will get deleted.
    0.5% - It will not work right.
    0.5% - It will not get deleted and it will work right.

    REMEMBER: Apply JPAN's Hacked Engine first before doing anything else.
    __________________


    Relevant Advertising!

      #25177    
    Old May 24th, 2013 (9:26 PM).
    SKRON SKRON is offline
       
      Join Date: May 2013
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 10
      Hey, first post..I was wondering how I can edit the actual pokedex because YAPE cannot do this for Ruby. Is it possible to go outside of the 202 they give you?
        #25178    
      Old May 24th, 2013 (9:31 PM).
      BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
      BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
         
        Join Date: Sep 2012
        Age: 19
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 534
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by SKRON View Post
        Hey, first post..I was wondering how I can edit the actual pokedex because YAPE cannot do this for Ruby. Is it possible to go outside of the 202 they give you?
        Use GBA Pokemon Game Editor. Download it here.

        You can use the built in Pokemon Editor to edit Pokemon Stats, etc.

        You can also make it download a Special Program called Pokedex Data Editor. That can edit anything about the Pokedex.
        __________________

          #25179    
        Old May 24th, 2013 (9:43 PM).
        buckeyestilidie buckeyestilidie is offline
           
          Join Date: May 2013
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 34
          Keep trying to compile my script.

          #dynamic 0x900000

          #org @start
          lock
          faceplayer
          msgbox @1 0x6
          cry 0x249 0x0
          wildbattle 0x249 0x1E 0x8B
          fadescreen 0x1
          fadescreen 0x0
          hidesprite 0x800F
          setflag 0x200
          release
          end

          #org @1
          = Lugia: Rawr.

          And everytime I click compile script it'll run it then say runtime error 9 in the log window. Then won't allow me to do nothing else.
            #25180    
          Old May 24th, 2013 (9:53 PM).
          BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
          BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
             
            Join Date: Sep 2012
            Age: 19
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Quirky
            Posts: 534
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by buckeyestilidie View Post
            Keep trying to compile my script.

            #dynamic 0x900000

            #org @start
            lock
            faceplayer
            msgbox @1 0x6
            cry 0x249 0x0
            wildbattle 0x249 0x1E 0x8B
            fadescreen 0x1
            fadescreen 0x0
            hidesprite 0x800F
            setflag 0x200
            release
            end

            #org @1
            = Lugia: Rawr.

            And everytime I click compile script it'll run it then say runtime error 9 in the log window. Then won't allow me to do nothing else.
            Open the folder where your XSE is stored. Find the "Settings.ini" or the Configuration File. Open it with Notepad. Find "AutoUpdateCheck=1". Change 1 or whatever number is written there with 0. There you go. It's not an error with script but an error with the .ini file.
            __________________

              #25181    
            Old May 24th, 2013 (10:06 PM).
            buckeyestilidie buckeyestilidie is offline
               
              Join Date: May 2013
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 34
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
              Open the folder where your XSE is stored. Find the "Settings.ini" or the Configuration File. Open it with Notepad. Find "AutoUpdateCheck=1". Change 1 or whatever number is written there with 0. There you go. It's not an error with script but an error with the .ini file.
              There is no AutoUpdateCheck=1
                #25182    
              Old May 24th, 2013 (10:09 PM).
              BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
              BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2012
                Age: 19
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quirky
                Posts: 534
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by buckeyestilidie View Post
                There is no AutoUpdateCheck=1
                Just find anything that has an "AutoUpdateCheck=" beside it and put 0.
                __________________

                  #25183    
                Old May 24th, 2013 (10:15 PM).
                buckeyestilidie buckeyestilidie is offline
                   
                  Join Date: May 2013
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 34
                  [Options]
                  AlwaysOnTop=False
                  MinimizeToSystemTray=False
                  IgnoreChanges=False
                  LineNumbers=True
                  StatusBar=True
                  Sidebar=True
                  SidebarAlignment=True
                  ShowNotes=True
                  ShowRecentFiles=True
                  EmulatorPath=
                  [Format]
                  BackgroundColor=16777215
                  ForegroundColor=-2147483640
                  FontName=Courier New
                  FontBold=False
                  FontItalic=False
                  FontSize=9
                  [MRUList]
                  1=National Pokedex Script.rbc
                  [MRUPath]
                  1=C:\Users\Dylan\Desktop\
                  [Built-in]
                  LastPath=C:\Users\Dylan\Desktop\Pokemon\XSE
                  [Batch]
                  LastFile=C:\Users\Dylan\Desktop\Pokemon\Roms\Pokemon FireRed.gba
                  FilePath=C:\Users\Dylan\Desktop\Pokemon\XSE
                  Log=True
                  STD=True
                  STDItems=False
                  STDPoke=False
                  STDAttacks=False
                  [TextAdjuster]
                  TextLimit=35

                  These are all my options
                    #25184    
                  Old May 24th, 2013 (10:19 PM).
                  BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
                  BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2012
                    Age: 19
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quirky
                    Posts: 534
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by buckeyestilidie View Post
                    [Options]
                    AlwaysOnTop=False
                    MinimizeToSystemTray=False
                    IgnoreChanges=False
                    LineNumbers=True
                    StatusBar=True
                    Sidebar=True
                    SidebarAlignment=True
                    ShowNotes=True
                    ShowRecentFiles=True
                    EmulatorPath=
                    [Format]
                    BackgroundColor=16777215
                    ForegroundColor=-2147483640
                    FontName=Courier New
                    FontBold=False
                    FontItalic=False
                    FontSize=9
                    [MRUList]
                    1=National Pokedex Script.rbc
                    [MRUPath]
                    1=C:\Users\Dylan\Desktop\
                    [Built-in]
                    LastPath=C:\Users\Dylan\Desktop\Pokemon\XSE
                    [Batch]
                    LastFile=C:\Users\Dylan\Desktop\Pokemon\Roms\Pokemon FireRed.gba
                    FilePath=C:\Users\Dylan\Desktop\Pokemon\XSE
                    Log=True
                    STD=True
                    STDItems=False
                    STDPoke=False
                    STDAttacks=False
                    [TextAdjuster]
                    TextLimit=35

                    These are all my options
                    Then do this.
                    Code:
                    [Options]
                    AlwaysOnTop=False
                    MinimizeToSystemTray=False
                    IgnoreChanges=False
                    LineNumbers=True
                    StatusBar=True
                    Sidebar=True
                    SidebarAlignment=True
                    ShowNotes=True
                    ShowRecentFiles=True
                    EmulatorPath=
                    AutoUpdateCheck=0
                    [Format]
                    BackgroundColor=16777215
                    ForegroundColor=-2147483640
                    FontName=Courier New
                    FontBold=False
                    FontItalic=False
                    FontSize=9
                    [MRUList]
                    1=National Pokedex Script.rbc
                    [MRUPath]
                    1=C:\Users\Dylan\Desktop\
                    [Built-in]
                    LastPath=C:\Users\Dylan\Desktop\Pokemon\XSE
                    [Batch]
                    LastFile=C:\Users\Dylan\Desktop\Pokemon\Roms\Pokemon FireRed.gba
                    FilePath=C:\Users\Dylan\Desktop\Pokemon\XSE
                    Log=True
                    STD=True
                    STDItems=False
                    STDPoke=False
                    STDAttacks=False
                    [TextAdjuster]
                    TextLimit=35
                    And may I know if you are using v1.1.1?
                    __________________

                      #25185    
                    Old May 24th, 2013 (10:22 PM).
                    SKRON SKRON is offline
                       
                      Join Date: May 2013
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 10
                      Unhandled exception has occured..

                      ----------------------------------------
                      System.Xml
                      Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
                      Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.450 built by: RTMLDR
                      CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
                      ----------------------------------------

                      ************** JIT Debugging **************
                      To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
                      application or computer (machine.config) must have the
                      jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
                      The application must also be compiled with debugging
                      enabled.

                      For example:

                      <configuration>
                      <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
                      </configuration>

                      When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
                      will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
                      rather than be handled by this dialog box.


                      Also, my partner on this project has no problems using A-Trainer, but mine runs into an error (Subscript out of range). Are the two related?
                        #25186    
                      Old May 24th, 2013 (10:24 PM).
                      buckeyestilidie buckeyestilidie is offline
                         
                        Join Date: May 2013
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 34
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
                        Then do this.
                        Code:
                        [Options]
                        AlwaysOnTop=False
                        MinimizeToSystemTray=False
                        IgnoreChanges=False
                        LineNumbers=True
                        StatusBar=True
                        Sidebar=True
                        SidebarAlignment=True
                        ShowNotes=True
                        ShowRecentFiles=True
                        EmulatorPath=
                        AutoUpdateCheck=0
                        [Format]
                        BackgroundColor=16777215
                        ForegroundColor=-2147483640
                        FontName=Courier New
                        FontBold=False
                        FontItalic=False
                        FontSize=9
                        [MRUList]
                        1=National Pokedex Script.rbc
                        [MRUPath]
                        1=C:\Users\Dylan\Desktop\
                        [Built-in]
                        LastPath=C:\Users\Dylan\Desktop\Pokemon\XSE
                        [Batch]
                        LastFile=C:\Users\Dylan\Desktop\Pokemon\Roms\Pokemon FireRed.gba
                        FilePath=C:\Users\Dylan\Desktop\Pokemon\XSE
                        Log=True
                        STD=True
                        STDItems=False
                        STDPoke=False
                        STDAttacks=False
                        [TextAdjuster]
                        TextLimit=35
                        And may I know if you are using v1.1.1?
                        The version is 1.0.0, should it work after this or should I get 1.0.1? Every place I went to for 1.0.1 either wasn't legitimate or had viruses in them lol
                          #25187    
                        Old May 24th, 2013 (10:30 PM).
                        BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
                        BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2012
                          Age: 19
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quirky
                          Posts: 534
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by buckeyestilidie View Post
                          The version is 1.0.0, should it work after this or should I get 1.0.1? Every place I went to for 1.0.1 either wasn't legitimate or had viruses in them lol
                          Go here.

                          Download his Unofficial XSE.
                          __________________

                            #25188    
                          Old May 24th, 2013 (10:34 PM). Edited May 24th, 2013 by buckeyestilidie.
                          buckeyestilidie buckeyestilidie is offline
                             
                            Join Date: May 2013
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 34
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
                            Download his Unofficial XSE.
                            Malicious files, found it by both of my securities

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
                            Download his Unofficial XSE.
                            I've found 1.1.1, downloaded, extracted, then tried compiling and still get error 9 even though the auto check update equals 0
                              #25189    
                            Old May 24th, 2013 (11:09 PM).
                            BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
                            BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Sep 2012
                              Age: 19
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Quirky
                              Posts: 534
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by buckeyestilidie View Post
                              Malicious files, found it by both of my securities


                              I've found 1.1.1, downloaded, extracted, then tried compiling and still get error 9 even though the auto check update equals 0
                              I don't know anymore. It can be an error in your system, you didn't load a ROM before compiling, some software blocks it etc. There's a hundred reasons I can give you. Try disconnecting from the internet before opening the program.
                              __________________

                                #25190    
                              Old May 25th, 2013 (12:07 AM).
                              SKRON SKRON is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: May 2013
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 10
                                Hey Robin! I figured out what the issue was..I was trying to send the ROM to someone. Anyways, do you know how I can assign Bulbasaur to #1 in the Regional Dex? I tried changing the pointers and it didn't work out..
                                  #25191    
                                Old May 25th, 2013 (12:07 AM). Edited May 25th, 2013 by BlackWhiteRobin.
                                BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
                                BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Sep 2012
                                  Age: 19
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Quirky
                                  Posts: 534
                                  Does anyone know where the text string for these are stored? And more specifically, the one where it says "POKeMON". I'm using FR.


                                  And re-upping my question from the last page which is, what would a pointer to an expanded ROM look like? I'm using FR.

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by SKRON View Post
                                  Hey Robin! I figured out what the issue was..I was trying to send the ROM to someone. Anyways, do you know how I can assign Bulbasaur to #1 in the Regional Dex? I tried changing the pointers and it didn't work out..
                                  Use PGE's Pokedex Order Editor.
                                  __________________

                                    #25192    
                                  Old May 25th, 2013 (1:18 AM). Edited May 25th, 2013 by SKRON.
                                  SKRON SKRON is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: May 2013
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 10
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post

                                    Use PGE's Pokedex Order Editor.
                                    Yeah, just tried it and it says it's set the order to way I want it, but in actuality it hasn't. Thank you for your help thus far! I can't believe I almost forgot to say that.
                                      #25193    
                                    Old May 25th, 2013 (2:10 AM).
                                    BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
                                    BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Sep 2012
                                      Age: 19
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Quirky
                                      Posts: 534
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by SKRON View Post
                                      Yeah, just tried it and it says it's set the order to way I want it, but in actuality it hasn't. Thank you for your help thus far! I can't believe I almost forgot to say that.
                                      Actually, even I don't really know how it works but, I think it works in the opposite way like setting for example, you want Bulbasaur to be #1 in regional dex, try setting him to #1 on the national dex. That's how I think it works. Oh, if that doesn't work. Try it again in the usual way you should do it, not the one I stated above and make sure, if you made Bulbasaur #1 in regional dex, swap his place with Treecko, the original #1 in the regional dex.

                                      You know like for example:
                                      #1 Treecko => #203 Bulbasaur (Not sure) will be
                                      #1 Bulbasaur => #203 Treecko.
                                      __________________

                                        #25194    
                                      Old May 25th, 2013 (2:54 AM).
                                      SKRON SKRON is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: May 2013
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 10
                                        It doesn't appear to work, but what probably angers me about this the most was that through trial and error, I managed to get it to work ONCE, but forgot my steps because I lost track and now I can't replicate my success.
                                          #25195    
                                        Old May 25th, 2013 (3:10 AM).
                                        Jambo51's Avatar
                                        Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
                                        Glory To Arstotzka
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jun 2009
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Quiet
                                          Posts: 732
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
                                          And re-upping my question from the last page which is, what would a pointer to an expanded ROM look like? I'm using FR.
                                          FR doesn't matter in this case, a pointer to expanded ROM is the exact same as a pointer to the normal ROM. You just take the address and add 0x8000000 to it. So if your address is 0x1250000, the pointer to it is 0x1250000 + 0x8000000 -> 0x9250000 -> 00 00 25 09

                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by SKRON View Post
                                          It doesn't appear to work, but what probably angers me about this the most was that through trial and error, I managed to get it to work ONCE, but forgot my steps because I lost track and now I can't replicate my success.
                                          If you're on FR, you can't do a regional dex. The game doesn't draw any distinctions between the regional order and the National order, so if you edit one, it affects the other too.
                                          __________________
                                          Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
                                            #25196    
                                          Old May 25th, 2013 (3:24 AM).
                                          BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
                                          BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Sep 2012
                                            Age: 19
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Quirky
                                            Posts: 534
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
                                            FR doesn't matter in this case, a pointer to expanded ROM is the exact same as a pointer to the normal ROM. You just take the address and add 0x8000000 to it. So if your address is 0x1250000, the pointer to it is 0x1250000 + 0x8000000 -> 0x9250000 -> 00 00 25 09
                                            Oh so that's how.

                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
                                            If you're on FR, you can't do a regional dex. The game doesn't draw any distinctions between the regional order and the National order, so if you edit one, it affects the other too.
                                            Actually, he is using Ruby. Is it still the same?
                                            __________________

                                              #25197    
                                            Old May 25th, 2013 (5:37 AM).
                                            GoGoJJTech's Avatar
                                            GoGoJJTech GoGoJJTech is offline
                                            (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
                                            • Gold Tier
                                             
                                            Join Date: Nov 2012
                                            Location: Earth
                                            Age: 18
                                            Gender: Female
                                            Nature: Jolly
                                            Posts: 2,477
                                            If the offset is the usual 0123456 then its 56 34 12 08
                                            But in an expanded Rom offsets after 1000000 are like so 1123456 = 56 34 12 09
                                            __________________
                                            I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
                                            The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
                                            Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

                                            Support me at my site!
                                            Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
                                              #25198    
                                            Old May 25th, 2013 (11:01 AM).
                                            Emppuliini Emppuliini is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Oct 2012
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 1
                                              So I've been trying to get this code to work but no matter what the moment when stepped to tile that activates (should atleast) the game simply freezes and player doesn't move anywhere and nothings happening :d

                                              Spoiler:
                                              '---------------
                                              #org 0x71AC09
                                              checkflag 0xA80C
                                              if 0x1 goto 0x871AD3A
                                              lock
                                              checkflag 0x828
                                              if 0x0 goto 0x871ACBC
                                              checkflag 0xA861
                                              if 0x0 goto 0x871AD14
                                              applymovement 0x4 0x871ADE5
                                              applymovement 0x3 0x871ADF4
                                              pause 0x50
                                              setflag 0xA80C
                                              release
                                              end

                                              '---------------
                                              #org 0x71AD3A
                                              nop
                                              end

                                              '---------------
                                              #org 0x71ACBC
                                              applymovement 0x4 0x871ADE1
                                              applymovement 0x3 0x871ADE1
                                              waitmovement 0x0
                                              msgbox 0x871AD3D MSG_NORMAL '"We're sorry, but we can't\nlet you..."
                                              applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x871AE03
                                              waitmovement 0x0
                                              release
                                              end

                                              '---------------
                                              #org 0x71AD14
                                              applymovement 0x4 0x871ADE1
                                              applymovement 0x3 0x871ADE1
                                              waitmovement 0x0
                                              msgbox 0x871AD79 MSG_NORMAL '"Have you heard of the\nscientist i..."
                                              applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x871AE03
                                              waitmovement 0x0
                                              release
                                              end


                                              '---------
                                              ' Strings
                                              '---------
                                              #org 0x71AD3D
                                              = We're sorry, but we can't\nlet you pass without a\lpokemon.

                                              #org 0x71AD79
                                              = Have you heard of the\nscientist in the trialing\lcave?\pYou should go see him then\ncome here. wink wink


                                              '-----------
                                              ' Movements
                                              '-----------
                                              #org 0x71ADE5
                                              #raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x1D 'Step Down (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x0 'Face Down
                                              #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

                                              #org 0x71ADF4
                                              #raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x1D 'Step Down (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
                                              #raw 0x0 'Face Down
                                              #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

                                              #org 0x71ADE1
                                              #raw 0x62 'Exclamation Mark (!)
                                              #raw 0x14 'Jump2 Down
                                              #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

                                              #org 0x71AE03
                                              #raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
                                              #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
                                                #25199    
                                              Old May 25th, 2013 (12:09 PM).
                                              giradialkia's Avatar
                                              giradialkia giradialkia is offline
                                              • Crystal Tier
                                               
                                              Join Date: Apr 2009
                                              Location: Ireland
                                              Age: 23
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Timid
                                              Posts: 1,563
                                              A question for those who may be somewhat proficient with music hacking:

                                              Does anyone have a complete list of the instruments used in Pokémon Ruby? I've found one Magnius made a while ago, listing commonly used DirectSound instruments in GBA games (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=139156), but I've realised that Ruby actually doesn't use some of them, such as the Overdriven Guitar and a few others (at least, to my knowledge). Obviously by a lot of trial and error I can figure out what instruments are 'missing' from Ruby, but it'd obviously be quicker if someone already had a list of what instruments are already there to work with? (Assuming of course that I'm correct in my.. assumption).
                                              __________________

                                              I'm working on an album of Pokémon-inspired music. Check out the Soundcloud link if you're interested!


                                              This is my Soundcloud | | This is my bandcamp
                                                #25200    
                                              Old May 25th, 2013 (3:40 PM).
                                              Jambo51's Avatar
                                              Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
                                              Glory To Arstotzka
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Jun 2009
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Quiet
                                                Posts: 732
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
                                                Actually, he is using Ruby. Is it still the same?
                                                Honestly, no idea. I looked at the code for Ruby's Pokédex and it made me cry. It's THAT bad.

                                                At a guess, I'd say it works like you'd expect, with one set of data being for regional and another being for national. One thing I do know is that you can't have any duplicate entries. That can cause crashes or simply cause the dex not to work properly.
                                                __________________
                                                Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
                                                Closed Thread
                                                Quick Reply

                                                Sponsored Links
                                                Thread Tools

                                                Posting Rules
                                                You may not post new threads
                                                You may not post replies
                                                You may not post attachments
                                                You may not edit your posts

                                                BB code is On
                                                Smilies are On
                                                [IMG] code is On
                                                HTML code is Off

                                                Forum Jump


                                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:08 PM.