• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

blue

gucci
Years
I like Bannete, I haven't used it all that much but I really like the design behind it and it does have a good, tactical moveset when set up correctly. Yeah alright it's not the strongest ghost Pokemon but I'll take back what I said on a previous post about not gaining an evolution. I think given another evolution it could potentially become a much stronger and more used Pokemon, maybe even enough to possibly fall into the OU tier given the correct moves and stat distribution.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2013
i want pre and evolutions of pokemon like Lapras, Tropious, Druddigon,(Ninetails-Vulpix), (Diglett-Dugtrio), Hypno, Kangaskan, Mr Mime, Ditto, SudoWoodo, Skarmory, Giraferaig, Ambipom, Stantler, Spinda, Castform, Kecleon, Absol, Pachirisu, Chingling, Spiritomb, Rotom, Carnivine, Lickylicky, Probopass, Zebstrika, Audino, Sawk, Throh, Basculin, Maractus, Sigilyph, Caracosta, Deerling, Emolga, Alomamola, Cryogonal, Bouffolaunt, Heatmor, Durant and of corse HEAPS MORE EEVEELUTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Mime has already got one-Mime Jr

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Mr Mime has already got one-Mime Jr

Speaking of Mr. Mime.

I wonder if this region being based on France might make it more likely Mr. Mime will get an evolution?

What do you think? It seems like the Mime family will be in the Kalos region at least...

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Gamefreak would have to tread lightly if they did indeed make an evolution for Mr. Mime. It would be a fine-line between genius and terrifying (hopefully both). I want it to be named Pantomime!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I could honestly see that, with how the modern mime originated there. Although it honestly already looks completely like an actual mime, so I have no idea how Mr. Mine would even look if it evolved again.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
I forgot about the mime stereotype of France. It'd be a perfect opportunity to introduce an evolution to Mr. Mime, or maybe an alternative evolution for Mime Jr.? I would support either, because I actually quite like the two of them. They're oddly charming.

And yet, an evolution of it would probably be the most terrifying thing ever added into the series.

blue

gucci
Years
Speaking of Mr. Mime.

I wonder if this region being based on France might make it more likely Mr. Mime will get an evolution?

What do you think? It seems like the Mime family will be in the Kalos region at least...

Good point, I wouldn't go as far to say an evolution but it might make several cameo appearances, i.e in the Pokedex, used by a few trainers etc.

blue

gucci
Years
I had a scary thought:

Mr. Mime + DNA Splicers + Jynx = ???

Would that by any chance look like this?

MrsMime.png

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
It could evolve to look like a French Mime tho having a Black Beret and the costume going with it.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2013
They should make evolutions of Sableye, Sandslash, Qwilfish, Absol, and Heracross. I also think they should make a pre evolution of Scyther.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... for evolutions... let's go back to the starter evolutions of X and Y shall we?

OK, there's one name that's been going through my head nearly every single day that I think about the final evolution of Fennekin... as a Fire/Psychic, and that name is simply "Psyfennec", as in "Psychic" and "Fennec Fox". :P

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
Just had a thought, maybe Helioptile evolves into Heliocopter and its ears become like the blades on a helicopter (Electric/Flying)?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Just had a thought, maybe Helioptile evolves into Heliocopter and its ears become like the blades on a helicopter (Electric/Flying)?

I feel like going from something based on a lizard to something that flies would be a bit strange, but I guess that's possible. I could see something like that happening with it's ears though, but I'd honestly see it become more like a bearded dragon as far as ferociousness goes, instead of changing its species all together.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I'm not buying its secondary Normal type.

In other words, I think there is some twist regarding Helioptiles Normal type, which we don't know about yet.

It's the most absurd thing in type combinations I have ever seen. There has got to be a reason why its not a Normal/Electric, like "every bird"/Bibarel/Girafarig/Deerling/Meloetta, and that "unknown justification" would vanish if it was to be replaced by Flying (or any other type) upon evolution as Great Tornado suggested.

Some possible explanations I figured out are:

---Maybe the Normal type changes depending on the floor type of each battle (similar to the Burmy-coat mechanic).
Some examples:
-Meadow->Electric/Grass
-dry land/desert->Electric/Ground
-rocky terrain->Electric/Rock

---Maybe it has a "Color change"(Kecleons ability) for just its secondary type.
So if it was hit by a Bug move-->Electric/Bug etc.

Any other ideas?

I doubt gamefreak suddenly stopped paying attention to type order in combinations (they have been all 5 gens. Just compare Geodude and Rhyhorns type, or Sableye and Spiritomb; or how every Normal combo is primary Normal as mentioned above)

Last edited:

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I'm surprised no one mentioned the possibility of evolving into some kind of electric Kimodo Dragon of some sort. :x Though I suppose that's better saved for an actual Dragon type of some sort? If It wasn't for Helioptile's secondary type being Normal, I'd argue that it could be the first Electric/Dragon to exist~!

Yeah, I really hope we get a non-dragon lizard someday, that turns into a komodo dragon and gains Dragon as secondary in the process.

Btw, Zekrom is a Dragon/Electric if that counts (since its a>reverse, and b>a legendary, while you might be wishing for a regular pokemon of that combo, as do I.)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I sort of think it's unfair that we ignore the legends when it comes to combos...I mean Emoga's the only true Electric/Flying if one goes by that standard (Rotom has forme).

Anyways I hope that Helioptile evolves into a giant lizard, or maybe a dinosaur.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
But its true.
(well okay as competitive battler Id consider at least Zapdos as an okay pokemon for battles)

I mean, I am still waiting for an 2 or 3 stage Electric bird family D:!

Or casual elemental birds in general actually... theres enough of Normal, Water and Dark now..

Years
anybody else want to see a swellow evolution? i don't feel that evolution chain is completed for some reason, mainly because the other bird pokemon you can find at the start of a game (pidgey+starly) have a 3rd evolution and i think taillow needs one too.

Back